Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Aztek

Comments

• Options
    kermitekkermitek Member Posts: 120
    tc_i_am - I was being kind when I quoted a price for a AWD Caravan with eqpt close to our Aztek. When I price out a status-badged Town&Country AWD, I get $33,870 MSRP not your number. Perhaps you forgot these T&C OPTIONS: side airbags, roof rack, center console (all were standard on my Aztek GT)?

I believe one of exzur's points may have been, maybe not everyone WANTS a bigger-than-yours minivan. We sure don't. My wife in fact had a hard rule: NO more overall length (+/_ a few inches) than her 98 S10 Blazer. I greatly enjoy the agility coming from our Aztek's 182-inch length, and am glad we do not have a portly 4482-lb Chrysler minivan getting only 17/22 MPG with its *impressive* power/weight ratio. Also: Aztek has more ground clearance than Town&Country, and a 3-ft smaller turning circle diameter.
  • Options
    montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    I saw the exact Aztek you desire on display in the shopping mall in Hanover, MA. It was the first I have seen with the Captain Chairs in the back. It also has the 6-Disc changer. The Dealer is next to the mall, Columbia Pontiac (781-826-8300). I am not sure a dealer can change the seating on a new car, if you find one without the Captain Chairs. Our family had a Suburban several years ago and couldn't get the dealer to add a third row of seats. Lots of posters also talk about using GM Buypower to find cars, or you can have your local dealer do a search. Good luck.
  • Options
    jmaterojmatero Member Posts: 253
    Hi all... you know the 0.0% financing really has me thinking...

while I'd love an awd aztek over the fwd, how low do you think I should be able to get a base aztek for (just base, no/few options)? I've been seeing stories of $16,000+ on the net and with the low financing, that would be the deal of the century! I'm in the northeast.... what are they going for around here?

thanks~
  • Options
    lbthedoglbthedog Member Posts: 198
    I'm kind of surprised that you've been having trouble with a no start that the dealer is linking to the BCM. If I remember right, the BCM reprogram was to correct a problem with a long term draw. In other words, if the car sat a long time, the battery would die. I did see on another board somebody with a similar problem. It was solved by replacing the battery, something about a bad cell. (Supposedly a shorted plate) Not gonna lie, but some Teks did sit a while before going on the road. If they sat too long, the battery life could be suspect. Car batteries are for starting, not storage. Don't know if this helps but hope the dealer gets things right for you quickly.
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Here is some dissapointing info. Since 1998, the RX300 has had more than 60 TSB's for a variety of issues. Here are some highlights:

Vibrating A/C lines
    Alternator/ignition noise through stereo
    Sunroof noise (rushing wind and popping)
    Driver door wind noise
    Faulty seat heaters
    Faulty rear hatch lock
    Squealing front brakes
    Several false malfunction indicator lights
    Interior squeaks and rattles (glove box, instrument panel, seats, belts, etc.)

I'm sorry for leaving the rest out...I didn't want to take up too much space.
  • Options
    noastarnoastar Member Posts: 108
    While I may have my reservations I simply must comment. It's been a while since I've posted and really had no intention of starting again, but after watching the last hundred or so posts fly by I had to get my 2 cents in.

Why on earth are we even giving these people the time of day? Vinweasal and TC_watever, what do you drive? Why did you buy it? Please quote us the following information on your vehicle choices: Price, equipment, passenger volume, cargo volume, exterior dimensions, safety features, crash tests (iihs and NHTSA), weight, gas mileage, powertrain, horsepower, torque, performance times, towing capacity, wheel size, and anything else you may wish to add.

You know what. It's just a car man. It's got room, it's not the roomiest. It's got good gas mileage, not the best. It's pretty safe, not the safest. What do you care why I bought my car? Do you think you're really gonna make me change my mind and take it back??? Please... Who cares if a minivan is bigger. When you tell me what you drive I guarantee you I can give you a whole slew of cars that outperform it in at least one area and then YOU can spend 50 posts explaining why it's better in 20 other categories. No car is a master at everything. Some aren't at anything, but a good car does well where you think it's most important. I wanted a big car that I could drive. I used to drive a Ford Aspire and was so poor at handling it that I dreaded parallel parking it! I drove lots of big sedans and coupes and was very nervous, but I can parallel park the Aztek no prob. It actually amazes me every time I do it. But you go ahead and tell me there's bigger cars if it makes ya feel better.

My tek also gets about 23-27mpg (and I have a 4000lb+ AWD). I really have to drive like a granny to hit 27, but I've done it. Normally it's right around 23-25. I drive a minimum 150miles a day as a commuter. Every single day. Gas mileage is important to me as is AWD since some of that commute is through snow and we're not talking major highways, these are backroads the whole way. So if you wanna tell me about the insight or some other car that gets better mileage go ahead. You could even tell me of a minivan with AWD that gets better (though it woudln't surprise me if one didn't exist).

You know what. I like my car and so what if it isn't perfect in every area. Like your car is? This really goes back to styling. It's just a car dude, get over it. So you don't care for the styling, big whoop. But hey, it's hard to understand, but some people are willing to buy a car that vinweasal and tc_whatever don't find asthetically pleasing. We read your 2001 trends report, but bought it anyway.

Aztek owners, here's an FYI. Azteks aren't perfect, we know that. But these guys really won't stop until we can prove that. We bought a car they believe is ugly and the only way to justify that is that it must be a perfect car. That's rediculous. Keep asking them what they own and see how well it stands up to a microscope. They haven't said anything bad about the car yet.

TC_whatever, I found your argument that the low sales showed the quality of the car to be quite funny. If a bunch of people think it, it must be true. Way to be leader:) Lets face it, most people abuse what is called heuristics. It's a thinking shortcut. Following the herd is easier than finding it out for yourself. Ask most new car buyers if they considered the Aztek when purchasing... Ask them if they drove one. Probably not. They saw it was ugly, heard the word-of-mouth bashing, and saw the medias horribly biased opinions. Those who drove it, tend to see it's a nice car. Actually read the reviews on it, and between the ugly remarks you'll be lucky to find a bad word. But alas, most people can't dive that deep into a review (and most reviewers probably don't even realize that in their entire review bashing the Aztek they failed to find one flaw besides styling).

And this... "TSBs by tc_i_am Oct 18, 2001 (11:09 am)
    Hey, looks like this thing is begining to leak, batteries are draining down, and other fun stuff. As usual, the General doesn't dissapoint."

Please look up the introduction year for 20 or 30 other cars so you can really judge whether that's a lot of announcements or not. I bet you haven't look at the announcement lists of more that 3 cars tops. So I suppose you know what a lot is huh. All new cars have some probs. Mine personally doesn't leak and starts just fine. I remember the Grand Cherokees had a tendency to slip outta park and slide away after their 1999 redesign. The Ford Escapes had fuel line leaks when they came out. They're not bad cars, but they all got problems. Just like no model of car is perfect, neither is any individual car. Mine has a buzz in the back I'm trying to locate. It also had a light go out in the radio (fixed). My Dad's Dodge Ram's battery keeps dying, my mom's jeep always has catalytic problems, my brother's Daytona has been a pain since day 1, my other brothers Ford F350 is constantly going in for warranty work, etc.

I'll eventually find the buzz and stop it. Till then it's happy hunting. Perhaps when you give us the make/model of your cars we can look up their recall/service announcements and see who has more...

Steve, I just wanted to let you know I spent a LOT of time on this post:) I enjoy talking to Aztek owners and this seems to be the only community of them. Ahh, defeated, but not beaten. RRRRRMonopolies:)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the gas struts are adjustable. I actually do have that problem. I push the key fob and it only goes to the secondary latch position. It's obviously due to the cold weather hitting, but it'd be nice if one could adjust them so in the winter they could return the pressure to a normal.
  • Options
    kermitekkermitek Member Posts: 120
    Here's that link I mentioned the other day. GM is now third in the world for quality, behind only Toyota and Honda. They bumped off Nissan since May:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2001-10-17-gm-quality.htm

GM is now superior in JD Power's Initial Quality Survey to Ford, D_Chrysler, Nissan, BMW, Jaguar, well you get the picture! Smokin'...

BTW, poor BMW fell from 4th to 13th! yikes!

• Options
    ronsextonronsexton Member Posts: 14
    Camaro's have that problem also. Adjust/replacing will not do it. But some 'fixed' it by adjusting the stops up a bit so it would 'pop' just past that 2nd latch position. Who knows, it might fix your buzzing. ;)
  • Options
    drzoom1drzoom1 Member Posts: 86
    Thanks for the info. They have told me they reviewed the recall and TSB info. We still have a problem. I'll suggest they look at the items you pointed out. My hunch is the problem is related to bad cell. I have not thought about the fact that the 'Tek was on the lot several months prior to purchase. Good point.

I'll keep you update.
  • Options
    nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    Well said!
  • Options
    gregeastongregeaston Member Posts: 128
    Great post! Now I just await the retort from the sloping brow crowd.

I'm sure it will be something along the lines of "....well my dad can beat up your dad!"
  • Options
    tc_i_amtc_i_am Member Posts: 52
    Hehehe.. you folks are amusing. Thanks.
  • Options
    exzurexzur Member Posts: 166
    Quote " Thanks Ex. Thought for a minute there you were telling me that a 16" wheel is bigger than a 17" wheel. Relief."

sp01, Is the tire mounted on a wheel??? Or the tire mounted on a rim???

I wrote 17" wheel, not 17" rim.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is an automobile wheel is synonymous to the rim and the tire mounted on it.

16 cannot be bigger than 17. Unless you are in for something.
  • Options
    nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    Where is the spare donut kept? I assume it's not a full-size donut.
  • Options
    It's underslung under the rear of the car. It is not a full size, but I think you could fit one there if you decided to.
  • Options
    sp01sp01 Member Posts: 81
    on a wheel??? Or the tire mounted on a rim???..."

Here ya go Ex!

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

See? They sell tires and wheels. Since you didn't know, I thought this might help...

• Options
    vin_weaselvin_weasel Member Posts: 237
    Why did I post recently?

To answer a question about what other vehicles are comparable to the Aztek. And I did. I also gave my personal impression about the looks of the car.

I drive a '01 Cherokee Sport. The boxiest of the boxy. I like the way it looks, which is almost the opposite of Aztek's slopes, but I don't expect you or any one else to. Call it conservative. It is. So am I. I can give you all the stats you asked for, but it's probably easier for you just to go and look at the vehicle yourself on Edmunds. The things I love about it are the 4x4, the insane power/weight ratio for a vehicle it's size, and the ability to modify it to my heart's content. It's loud, handles like a truck, and is a 15 year old design. I knew all these things when I bought it and I welcome anyone to comment negatively about it. When I bought it I was ready to take the good with the bad. Now how many Aztek buyers expected to be called on the looks of their vehicle and were ready for the criticism? Some did and some didn't.
  • Options
    So you drive a Jeep. Cool. Good for you.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with your choice of cars and have no intention of trying to convince you why it sucks (it doesn't, by the way).

So why do you come here and try to convince me why my choice of cars sucks (it doesn't, by the way)?

As for your personal feelings about the looks of the car, I couldn't care less. Just like you shouldn't care less about how I feel about the looks of your car.
  • Options
    imaramimaram Member Posts: 36
    We got a killer deal that I just couldn't pass up. We went on to the lot to look at a Montana, but the salesman, Jerry, was really excited about the Aztek and kept talking about it while we were driving the Montana. Can anyone tell me about the tent? We're going camping tomorrow and we're really excited about using the tent for the camping trip. Thanks, Gary
  • Options
    Go here and read my review w/ a how-to for the tent: http://www.epinions.com/content_16648015492

My way works so much better than the instructions that, at this year's Aztek Rally, Pontiac had a fim crew record me putting it up.... inside of 3 minutes.

• Options
    ...but I don't think your car sucks, I just think it's looks are strange. I do honestly hope you and all the other owners are happy with it. And according to that survey a while ago, you are. To each his own and thank God I'm not a GM middle manager. :)

Anyways, I think I answered the quesiton of other comparable vehicles to the Aztek, so I'll go back to lurking.
  • Options
    sp01, you are saying an automobile wheel does not include the tire. If the tire is mounted on, do you still call it automobile wheel? If not, what is the right word. I need to know.

Below is the definition of automobile from the dictionary.

Main Entry: 2automobile
    Function: noun
    Date: circa 1889
    : a usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for
    passenger transportation

sp01, are you saying the "four-wheeled" mention on the dictionary does not include the tires.

sp01, Correct me if I am wrong. Please.
  • Options
    The common vernacular when it comes to buying the round things on the bottom of cars is that the rubber part is called the tire and the steel/alluminum/whatever part is called the wheel. Yes, you can call the whole thing the wheel if you want, but for measurement sake the rims are usually given as, for example, 15x7 wheel (or rim) and a 235/70R15 Tire. 15x7 means that it fits 15" tires and is 7" wide. The Tire measurements are 235mm wide, 70% of the width in sidewall height and that it fits a 15 inch wheel. BTW, I think the 235/70R15 is about 29" in outside diameter. Hope this info helps and ends the confusion.
  • Options
    I gotta go with Vin and Sp01. Makes your head hurt, doesn't it...
  • Options
    Just giving sp01 a dose of his own medicine.
  • Options
    sp01, Correct me if I am wrong. Please..."

Many have tried, Ex...
  • Options
    I am having fun palying with them...
  • Options
    sp01, I am expecting more than that from you....
  • Options
    expecting more than that from you..."

Of course you are. Pity you didn't expect more from GM.

A dose of my own medicine? I'll take that anytime. You should pay more attention to your own though:

"#2636 of 3144 Any comments will be appreciated. by exzur Jul 19, 2001 (11:01 am)
    With almost 7,000 miles on the odometer, it's time to rotate the tires. I am about to order a P235-60-17 Eagle GS and the ASA JS5 17" wheels from Tirerack.com. This wheel tire combo will replace the P215-70-16 Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires and the Pontiac wheels. I am thinking P235-50-18 as a last minute choice.

I will use the new wheel tire combo for the next 7,000 miles. When rotation time comes I will put back the original wheel tire combo. And the rotation cycles goes.....

Would I not have a problem moving up from 215-70-16 to 235-60-17 tires??? Is this tire rotation pattern a good idea? Would I be better off with the 235-50-18 tires instead?..."

Always wondered what shoe leather tasted like. Maybe you could tell me?
  • Options
    Thanks for that hint about the tent, the manual is hard to understand.

exzur: I think they are right, wheels is the same thing as rims and tires are different. Do you really have 18" wheels on yours because mine has 16" rims and I think they are small.
  • Options
    #3128 of 3146 by tc_i_am Oct 19, 2001 (06:43 am)
    Hehehe.. you folks are amusing. Thanks.

As I though tc_whatever. You didn't have a reply to my post. Go get your jollies elsewhere. Every time this guy posts please refer him back to my post and ask him to answer all those questions I posed before we reply to anything he has to say. TC_whatever, this is an open challenge for you to be quiet for a change and listen to our questions and then reply. I still dare you to answer all the questions of my post.

Why did I post recently?

VIN WEASAL SAID:
    To answer a question about what other vehicles are comparable to the Aztek. And I did. I also gave my personal impression about the looks of the car.

I don't believe I asked for you to name comparable cars. I can research on my own and though I truly appreciate you helping me to find car alternatives that are comparable to the market you believe I'm interested in; I have already made my purchase. Perhaps that is where you guys are confused. We have already bought our cars, so why are you guys tring to argue that their are others in the market niche that are better? It's a mute point; the deal is done.

So lets take your purchase for a moment. A 2001 Cherokee sport. I would have prefered you answered my questions for accuracy, but I suppose by not doing so you can refute what I say. I will assume you have the standard 4-door Sport 4X4.

Weight: 3371 lbs Auto
    Length: 167.5
    Track: 58 front and rear
    Height: 64
    Cargo Vol: 32.9
    Max towing: 5000lbs
    Tires: 225/75R15
    Engine: 190hp 225ftlb torque
    MPG: 15/20 auto
    0-60: 8.9 (manual)
    IIHS: Marginal
    NHTSA: 3* everywhere but rear seat sides (5*)

Since the thing is basically from the stone ages no more up to date info could be found.
    No side airbags. No traction Control. ABS only an option. AC, power door lock, power windows, tilt steering, cruise control, luggage rack, and alloy wheels are all options! Sunroof, leather seats, and power seats need not apply. Pretty tall and very skinny with a tiny track. That adds up to a 2* rollover rating for both 4x2 and 4x4. Interior volume is pretty lacking compared to the rest in its class. Use MSN Carpoint side-by-side to compare shoulder/hip/head room and what not to see you're losing 4-6 inches to competitors. Cargo volume is typical Jeep. I was shocked the first time I saw the trunk of a grand cherokee. I was literally stunned to see that thing could hold my bookbag and maybe a grocery bag or two. The Cherokee isn't much to brag about either.

So you bought an aging design. Its mileage is simply unacceptable for its weight. My tek has a good 700lbs on it and still gets way better gas. Accelleration isn't too bad, but with that mileage would you floor it? Safety is a joke. They didn't even attempt to make this car safe and most safety features now considered common place and standard aren't even available! Not to mention the skinny track. But I'm sure you'll be comfy driving along the highway with your convenience features. Oh wait, unless you shelled out some major extra dough... you don't have any. Enjoy the FM radio and cassette player. I'm sure it's a cushy ride on those tiny plastic 15" wheels too, unless you shelled out some extra dough for alloy. I'm sure you use it offroad all the time though. But I'm sure you can find many models out their just as off road capable, with better features, better safety, more volume, better mileage, and frankly just a better car. This thing is basically an enclosed lawnmower. As for quality and reliability? Well, when you just have an engine and sheet metal what can go wrong? And it's not like there's a lot of things to rate it for quality anyway. "Those are some sturdy plastic hubcaps."

The point is, you like your car. That's great. But how would you feel if you got this every time you mentioned you bought it. Don't even try and tell me this happens to you ever time you tell someone you have a Cherokee... Well to us tek owners it does. And don't bother refuting the above because remove the colorfulness of it and it's true. I got those stats mostly from carpoint. The cherokee is worst in class for most everything I can think of. The idea that the ability to add more metal to an already topheavy car is a bonus to you astounds me. But hey, if it's important to you so be it. Perhaps you're one of those fellows that doesn't even wear a seatbelt or foolishly assumes you're a "good" drive so you don't car about safety. Whatever. You like it and that's fine. I can tell you all this stuff now, but either you didn't care when you bought it, or you were stupid and are just stuck now. Well, I doubt you or us Aztek owners are stupid. We all knew what we were getting into when we bought our car. Just accept it and move on. To assume a person bought their car without researching the competitors is a blatent insult and by pointing out the facts on the Aztek's competitors (which in my mind is every single car because who limits their choices).

If you'd like to try and refute what I said be my guess. But for as much as you can say I can come up with more. Maybe after a few hundred posts you'll realize that's exactly where us Tek owners are.
  • Options
    I'm going to ignore the tire argument since it doesn't seem to have a point or direction.
  • Options
    Thanx for the strut info. I don't think that's the cause of the buzz. most likely the liftgate or cover for the center seatbelt holder (since I don't have one due to captains chairs). Ah well, she's got character now. BTW, does anyone else name thier cars? My old Ford Aspire was named "the egg" or "the rollerskate." My Aztek is named Max (I call her Maxi, but not as in the pad). First tek I saw was on Dark Angel and Jessica Alba's name is max on that show. My friends call her the "squished batmobile" or "the MUV" which I assume means minivan utility vehicle. The titles are kinda jokes, but all our cars have regular people names and that's how we always refer to our cars in this house. I only realized that was unusual recently. I thought everyone named their car.
  • Options
    "The thing is basically an enclosed lawnmower".

Hee Hee, good one. But if it's such a piece of junk, why did they make it for 15 years and sell 8-10 times (roughly) as many each year as the Aztek has? I guess that probably makes me a sheep for buying one... :)

Actually, much like the 2001 Aztek, there were all sorts of incententives and deals when I bought it because of the introduction of the Liberty. They were trying to get rid of them as they had stopped producing them. All the options you mentioned above I got for free and then some. But I had to go 1300km to find one.

"...tell me this happens to you ever time you tell someone you have a Cherokee... Well to us tek owners it does"

Why's that, you figure?

Sorry, low blow. I really enjoyed your post. It was funny and not untrue.
  • Options
    oac3oac3 Member Posts: 373
    I just stopped by here and after scrowling thru' ca. 300 posts, I can see the changes already. The level of discourse on this forum has certainly being elevated by the likes of kermitek, noastar, gregeaston, and others. Much more intelligent, informational, conversational, but more importantly, matured without the childish resort to name-calling and insults.

I want to salute the most fervent Tek owner in this forum - "kissfan" - the guy who should get the credit for single-handedly (in many cases) keeping this forum alive and well defended against many naysayers... Great job kissfan..

I am a convert ! Back several months ago, I used to dislike the 'Tek so much, but now, I no longer have this feeling. In fact I have come to actually like this vehicle and would seriously consider owning one someday. And I cannot wait to actually see a '02 version in person. Looking at the '01 prices you can get today, with the 0% financing, it is very tempting. Although I am looking for something in the mid-size luxury sedan category, I can very well see myself owning and driving a Tek someday. I am that much interested in it.

Kermitek, noastar, gregeaston, and others on this forum, please continue your fabulous job of EDUCATING everyone, especially the naysayers.... You should not have to defend yourself to no one, its your choice and darn it, if others don't like it, they can lump it !
  • Options
    dangbwidangbwi Member Posts: 35
    "...tell me this happens to you ever time you tell someone you have a Cherokee... Well to us tek owners it does"

"Why's that, you figure?"

This does not happen to me. Almost all remarks are questions about how do I like the Aztek, or a statement about the Aztek being a nice car.

Vin, may I ask why you hang out in the Aztek area of the town hall?
  • Options
    Is the padding as good/firm? Opinions please!

Also i noticed the sunroof rules out other accessories it seems.

CF5 Power Glass Sunroof
    Includes power glass sunroof and deletes OnStar, overhead console and rear seat audio controls.

Which do you prefer? I like to hear others opinions as it helps give me some insight that may help me with my choice. :-)
  • Options
    I read a lot of different threads in Edmunds. I like to keep up on all the Suvs, mostly the minis. Some I've fallen behind in after I drove them and realized I wasn't going to buy one and others I've starting reading after hearing things in other forums.

I read this topic because it is always so entertaining. Don't worry, I'll go back to lurking.
  • Options
    I think we need to cut Vin a little slack. He's not an Aztek fan. So what? Lots of people aren't. At least he's not openly hostile towards those of us that are fans.

Can you blame him for lurking about and occasionally posting to help stir things up? For some reason none of us can seem to let an insulting comment go unanswered. If you would just ignore the slams eventually they would stop because, without being able to watch the rise it gets out of us, it wouldn't be fun for the insulter.

Or, we could all turn the tables and go find the Saturn VUE board once that SUV comes out and start badgering those people. ;)
  • Options
    beatfarmerbeatfarmer Member Posts: 244
    Stir, stir, stir.

Just for the record, I think the 'Tek is a well made vehicle with love it of hate it looks.

Personally, I think automotive styling hit it's peak in the '30s, but that's another story.
  • Options
    "Can you blame him for lurking about and occasionally posting to help stir things up?"

No, I can't blame him. I need more info and would have to follow more closely the posts that Vin makes and then determine if the posts are made by a troll. I do agree with you, the best method to deal with a troll is to dry it up.

I responded because, I originally came into the town hall area to find out what experiences people where having with the Aztek, before I purchased one for myself. I almost decided not to buy an Aztek due to the negative posts on this board, but then I looked more closely and saw what actually was being posted.
    For the most part, people that have purchased an Aztek are happy with the car. The negative posts are from those that own a different brand vehicle.
    This is problematic because we are talking about an expensive item, and the deals on the Aztek may save someone alot of money over an alternate choice. Plus, there are costs involved in shopping for this type of item.
    Dan
  • Options
    kissfan2kissfan2 Member Posts: 17
    OAC thx for the words and sentiment.

I've owned the AZTEK for 13 months and have travelled all over USA and Canada. The vehicle has performed without flaw.

The quality control has been outstanding and stands up to Toyota or Honda. i EXPECT TO KEEP THIS VEHICLE UNTIL i BEAT MY RECORD (330,000 kMS).

Great vehicle!! OWN IT = LUV IT

wearing the ; ) AZTEK smile!!
  • Options
    Can that big back window be beautiful? I found out that it can. I had just finished washing the back bumper and looked up. In the center of the dark tinted window was a Monarch butterfly. An Aztek bonus.
    Dan
  • Options
    We took our new Aztek camping this weekend which was great except for the tent leaked a little. Setting up was pretty easy with the advice from gregeaston. We did fine in the rain until the wind started to blow a little. I coverd the tent with a tarp I always carry in the survival kit and we were OK.

The tires seem to have some trouble with mud, but we did not get stuck at all. Our old Explorer had more problems in mud and sand.

I don't get why everybody is down on the looks of the Aztek. No it is not that pretty but I didn't buy it for the looks. I think it looks fine for what it is supposed to be used for.

It drives and rides well and I like mine a lot.
  • Options
    Glad I could help out.
  • Options
    I asked this above. Some of you must have some input. AGain...

Is the padding as good/firm? Opinions please!

Also i noticed the sunroof rules out other accessories it seems.

CF5 Power Glass Sunroof
    Includes power glass sunroof and deletes OnStar, overhead console and rear seat audio controls.

Which do you prefer? I like to hear others opinions as it helps give me some insight that may help me with my choice. :-)

Throw me some tidbits here please!
  • Options
    Mine are cloth. The seats are very comfortable. The armrests should be higher for me at some seat positions. The power seat is very nice for adjusting the seat to just the right spot.
    Dan
  • Options
    drzoom1drzoom1 Member Posts: 86
    Problem with my 'Tek (11k miles) not starting was attributed to a bad cell (whatever that means). Battery replaced, problem went away.

Thanks for your suggestions last week.
  • Options
    Today when I went to the garage my GT would not start. The power comes up just fine and the gauges all read OK and the engine cranks like normal but will not catch.

The tank is full and it is in park so it is not something silly. I am waiting for a tow to the dealer. Did anyone else have a problem like this? I read drzoom1 battery problem but since mine is cranking I do not think that is it.