Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!

Toy, Model & Collectible Replica Cars

Comments

• lemkolemko Philadelphia, PAPosts: 15,302
    ...diecast from an unknown manufacturer. I think this is supposed to be a 1959 Chrysler:

No wonder this manufacturer remains unknown. What is this supposed to be, a Dodge?

• jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 910
    Yes, that is a really crude model. What scale is it?
    1:43 I believe.
    edited March 2011
    They do Mopars better than Fords! This might be a 1959 Edsel Corsair:

• fintailfintail Posts: 46,801
    edited March 2011
    Probably a Japanese copy of period Dinky-Corgi toys. The Japanese made imitations of British diecast back in the day. Dinky made a couple nice DeSotos that looked similar

• steverstever Posts: 52,683
    edited March 2011
    These could be fun:

Flickr
    Not a collectible, but several months ago Matchbox released a toy version of one of my favorite cars from childhood, the 1985+ Toyota 4-Runner. Unwilling to buy from an ebay scalper, I finally found one on a retail rack for the normal $1 price. It's a nice toy, the tampos are excellent and detailing is fine save for the chrome interior. There's a blue variant I also want.

Here it is next to Lemko's Caddy

I'm sure you already know of the Matchbox Mercedes E-Class that somewhat resembles one of your rides:

Hopefully somebody can get me this beauty from the Danbury Mint!

Yep, there was a CLK during the same time that pulled it off better, too

I remember when Lego sets were really basic. All you got was a few wheels, gears, and rubber tires in addition to various sized bricks.
    I remember when real cars were like that too. :-)
    Those new sets are so expensive. Some of the elaborate building sets are much more.

Cool, but too much for a dust collector...I can buy vintage dust collectors for that much, and they appreciate. Wouldn't turn it down as a gift, though...

I had a Technic set when I was about 10, it was a go kart. Pretty cool, challenging for a kid - working steering gear, moving engine parts, etc. Lego is a much better use of time than video games and the like.
    Heck, I go back further that that. One of my prized possessions was a motorized Erector Set. Heck, you could make some pretty elaborate creations out of a bunch of perforated metal girders, steel wheels and gears, and a lot of nuts, washers, bolts, and brackets.
    edited July 2011
    Neo, the maker of some oddball malaise American scale models, has a couple new releases:

Odd things to want models of, but I can see Lemko collecting these. They also make one similar to his Caddy:

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 11,834
    I'm getting ready to build this:

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

The old Revell kits with color-molded bodies so you don't have to paint...I remember those. I think I had one, but I forget what the car was.

There was another "compact" (or "manx cat" as I call those) kit made too, I forget the maker but I know I have seen it.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 11,834
    I also have a Dragon pre-painted(Daytona Violet) E36 M3. I have two other E36 Compact kits; a Dragon 316i and a Dragon 318ti Compact Cup race car. Neither are pre-painted.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

edited July 2011
    "Hot Wheels debuted in 1968 with a line of candy-colored hot rods that had special wheels that could spin fast. The die-cast cars had memorable names, such as Beatnik Bandit and King Kuda.

The cars were marketed brilliantly and included a Hot Wheels performance segment with such offerings as the Plymouth Duster Thruster and special models like the Corvette Grand Sport. Mattel says that fewer than 130 models of the Grand Sport were ever produced, making it one of the most collectible Hot Wheels cars ever."

Father of Hot Wheels Dead at 95 (Inside Line)

• There web site http://sizzlers-shop.com He got 1970 Hot Wheels Sizzler. He sold out 2006 Target Hot Wheels Sizzlers. At Taget Cars 2 Charge Ups. Same as Sizzlers. I have Cars 2 Chage Ups, Hot Wheels Sizzlers, Playing Mantis Sizzlers.
    edited November 2011
    Ralph Lauren Home Introduces Scale Models of Lauren's Personal Classic Cars (Inside Line)

"The chosen cars are 1:8 scales of the Bugatti 57 SC Atlantic Coupe, which Lauren acquired in 1988. It was the last of the chassis built and ordered originally in 1937 by Richard B. Pope of London. The other models are a McLaren F1 LM, Ferrari 250 GTO and Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa."

Nice stocking stuff for just $9,500. Each. :P

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 63,370
    I think that Bugatti was the one that Lauren spent $1million dollars to restore.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

And for only the price of a decent real car. I wonder where they are made. Edition better be very limited, or future prices will be amusing.
    That is a pretty big model.
    This is a really nice one: the Danbury Mint 1959 Pontiac Bonneville convertible. Please forgive my poor photography skills:

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 5,440
    Is this a porcelain one? I have some Danbury Mint Corvettes, along with a Corvette shelf. When I started ordering them I didn't realize they were made out of porcelain or some sort of a similiar material.

boomchek: driven 10,000+ cars, sold 1000+ cars, owned 50+ cars