Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What is money factor for Nissan 2022 Pathfinder 10,000 mi/yr Feb 2022 lease deal?

TwoWheelsTwoWheels Member Posts: 5
edited February 2022 in Nissan
Hi:

I found a Pathfinder for my wife, and Nissan is advertising all over their website a lease deal alongside the 0%/36 month loan deal.

Problem is, my dealer says there is no money-factor offer, and the only way to get the payments advertised would be to sell for far below cost. There is $1500 rebate for leasing, but that gets you nowhere near the advertised numbers.

I think he is either wrong or lying. As far as I can tell, Nissan publishes a bulletin for each promotion. Is there a dealer here who could just give me a bulletin number or name or some other reference to point him to? not asking you to divulge anything to me.

BTW: the money factor he is quoting for me with perfect credit is 00161.

the deal I’m referring to is this, for zip code 14610:

https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/lease-finance-payment-calculator/all/pathfinder/2022/pathfinder-platinum-4wd/25612

and when customized for the vehicle I want, it looks like this:

Adjusted Lease Offer With Options & Additions:
36 Months | 10,000 Miles $3,925 Due At Signing
$495 per month lease for 36 months and 10,000 miles
Original offer pricing:
2022 Pathfinder Platinum AWD with Splash Guards, Floor Mats and Premium Paint Lease
36 Months - $479/Month - $3,909 initial payment.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR INVENTORY INFORMATION. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $3,909 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $3,430 consumer down payment, $479 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $1,500 manufacturer’s rebate applied to $479/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Company.) Subject to residency restrictions.

2022 Pathfinder Platinum AWD with Splash Guards, Floor Mats and Premium Paint Lease model 25612 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Company. $50,805 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $43,433 includes a $650 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $17,244 At lease end, purchase for $30,483, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.25 per mile for mileage over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 02/28/2022.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    @TwoWheels

These aren't offers from Nissan, just advertisements.
    They are based on assumptions of selling price, that the dealer isn't required to offer.
    Also, taxes and optional fees the dealer adds could drastically raise the payment.

For MF and residual, supply your ZIP code, trim, drivetrain and term/mileage allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• TwoWheelsTwoWheels Member Posts: 5
    kyfdx said:

@TwoWheels

They are based on assumptions of selling price, that the dealer isn't required to offer.
    Also, taxes and optional fees the dealer adds could drastically raise the payment.

Understand all that (mostly), but isn't the 0% APR loan an OFFER from NMAC and not something the dealer is expected to pony up for? So they don't do anything to reduce the least cost. just seems strange that the same promo is a Nissan OFFER for the loan, but only an ADVERTISEMENT for the lease.

kyfdx said:

@TwoWheels

For MF and residual, supply your ZIP code, trim, drivetrain and term/mileage allowance

ZIP: 14580
    Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo
    TwoWheels said:

kyfdx said:

@TwoWheels

Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo
    .00161 MF and 60% residual
    $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

TwoWheels said:

kyfdx said:

@TwoWheels

Understand all that (mostly), but isn't the 0% APR loan an OFFER from NMAC and not something the dealer is expected to pony up for? So they don't do anything to reduce the least cost. just seems strange that the same promo is a Nissan OFFER for the loan, but only an ADVERTISEMENT for the lease.

Yes, the 0% is an offer from Nissan. The dealer could also markup this rate, for extra profit. The difference: APRs have to be disclosed on a purchase, but the MF does not have to be disclosed on a lease (at least not directly).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

TwoWheels said:

kyfdx said:

@TwoWheels

Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo
    $1500 lease cash
    OK. Well, that is what the dealer is offering me, exactly. On MSRP.
    TwoWheels said:

Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo

$1500 lease cash

Is there Nissan to dealer cash also to subsidize the offer?

Is there in fact an NMAC bulletin telling the dealer what to do when a customer shows up asking about this offer, or are they just supposed to "wing it"?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    TwoWheels said:

TwoWheels said:

Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo

$1500 lease cash

Is there in fact an NMAC bulletin telling the dealer what to do when a customer shows up asking about this offer, or are they just supposed to "wing it"?
    No factory to dealer cash, that we see.

As noted above, this is an ad; the dealer is free to accept or reject the ad, as they see fit. Given current market conditions, I suspect it would be pretty unlikely that you'll get those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

TwoWheels said:

TwoWheels said:

Pathfinder Platinum AWD
    10,000mi
    36 mo

$1500 lease cash

The advertisement doesn't disclose the "dealer contribution" required to achieve that deal. But, it does show the adjusted CAP cost. ($43,433)

$50,805 MSRP
    - $3430 customer CAP reduction
    = $47,375
    +$650 acq. fee
    = $48,025
    -$1500 lease cash
    = $46,525.

Appears that the difference between the advertisement and selling at MSRP is a dealer discount of $3092.

$46,525
    -$3092 discount
    = 43,433 adjusted CAP.

Of course, that disregards dealer fees, upfront sales tax and DMV fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator