Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Nissan Rogue

Comments

• bigrobertbigrobert Member Posts: 15
    I'd like too but the Murano is over my budget... I prefer a 4 cylinders to a 6. Here in Canada, the gas is 1,14$/l, that's about 4,00$US per US gallon. What will be the price in 3 or 4 years?

My CRV is just OK but a little old. The new CRV is different outside but remains the same inside, that's desapointing.

The RAV4 is too small, my left shoulder touch the window :-(

So the Rogue is my top of the list for now.
  • msdarkdivamsdarkdiva Member Posts: 13
    It may help you to look up the interior dimensions of your present CRV, (Edmunds used car search) and compare it with the specs of the various SUV/CUVs that you are interested in. From that, you can narrow down your choices based on interior space and fuel economy (right now, gas prices in the greater Montreal area run anywhere between 97.4 and 109.4 a litre, which is “relatively” ok- so yeah, I feel your pain!).

I did a similar comparison when I started looking at new vehicles; I wanted something with at least the same amount of legroom as my present car.
  • cpcacpca Member Posts: 20
    If a RAV4 is too snug, the Rogue will probably be too snug also. The Rogue's interior dimensions are mostly within an inch of the RAV4, and the width-related dimensions (hip, shoulder) are slightly smaller than the RAV4.

From what I've read on the EPA mileage ratings, the Rogue's numbers (like all '08s) are based on the new testing guidelines. If the old testing guidelines had been applied, the FWD 22/27 would be roughly comparable to an old 24.5/29.5 rating (very similar to the 4-cylinder RAV4), and the AWD 21/26 would be roughly comparable to an old 23.5/28.5 rating.
  • xgbtxgbt Member Posts: 28
    Have you tried the Outlander ?

I found the following comment in the Outlander forum 'Outlander Vs CX7 Vs Tribecca' (msg #77).

I almost did the same think because of the look on the Mazda CX-7. After test drive both SUV's I made desicion to go with the Mitsubishi. Better warranty, more room(believe me lot more than the Mazda CX-7, I am 6'1 and Outlander feels lot beter). Outlander has plenty of speed and its lot smooter with its V6. Fuel economy is grear, handling is great too. Stereo is absolute knockout and hard drive based navigation is really fast to respond. Ride is very smooth and comfortible. Got my Outlander yesterday and I am thrill for my choice. Good luck.

Unquote
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Hi -

I'm 6'4"/250 myself, and spent a lot of time shopping around this Spring for something comfortable for me. THe Rogue wasn't on my radar back then, so I ended up driving (and buying) a 4-cyl Highlander. Very happy with it! There are still a few '07's available, at good prices. Much more substantial than a RAV-4, as well as smoother and quieter.

I've had 4 Nissans in the past, and loved 'em. And I will check out the Rogue when it hits. But the HL is a great value right now, at closeout.
    If you're from Canada, you can register to the official Rogue preview day at your prefer Nissan dealer at:

Register for Rogue preview day

The nearest date I've found is Tuesday, August 7 for Montréal region.

For Toronto or Vancouver region it's Wednesday, August 8
  • mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
    You Lucky People in Canada, The POOR Americans have to wait ! :cry:

I want some good pic's posted from your all.
  • dhamernikdhamernik Member Posts: 8
    I have been doing a lot of research on the Rogue, and so, to answer all your questions:

The Rogue will start around $20k and go up from there depending on options you add...It only comes with one size engine.

The Rogue is SLIGHTLY smaller than a Highlander (as I have read from professional reviews) and mimics the murano body style.

It's set for release in September...I am just as anxious to see...

I recently drove the CX-7, and it's SMALL but comfy inside, but the PREMIUM gas requirement, and low MPG was a HUGE turnoff....

Hope the information helps!!!! :)
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Well have a FULL page ad for the Rouge in it, I just recieved my copy today...
  • mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
    Full Page AD for the Rogue Also in Sept Car & Driver
    Got an official price for Rogue in Canada:

SL AWD with Premium, Leather, Techno

34,848 $CAN :mad:

Financing offer:

3 years at 3,9%
    4 years at 4,9%
    5 years at 5,9%
    6 years at 6,9%

I'll try to get more info tomorrow
  • brett2007brett2007 Member Posts: 39
    These are not the same packages listed in the specs on the US Nissan News site. The Canadian packages must be different.

http://nissannews.com/nissan/2008vehicles/rogue/specs.pdf

It only lists:

Premium Package (2WD models):
    Bose® premium audio system with 7 speakers with powered Subwoofer
    AM/FM/6CD in-dash autochanger with mp3 reader and RDS
    XM® Satellite Radio
    Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
    Speed-sensitive volume control
    Paddle shifters
    Drive computer
    Outside temperature display
    Foldable cargo organizer
    Tonneau cover
    Two luggage side trim hooks
    Fold-flat front passenger seat
    Drivers seatback pocket
    Dual sunvisor vanity mirrors w/illumination
    Center console box dual level tray
    Pre-wiring for tow hitch
    Front fog lights
    Mood lighting

Premium Package (AWD Models):
    Bose® premium audio system with 7 speakers with powered Subwoofer
    AM/FM/6CD in-dash autochanger with mp3 reader and RDS
    XM® Satellite Radio
    Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
    Speed-sensitive volume control
    Paddle shifters
    Drive computer
    Outside temperature display
    Foldable cargo organizer
    Tonneau cover
    Two luggage side trim hooks
    Fold-flat front passenger seat
    Drivers seatback pocket
    Dual sunvisor vanity mirrors w/illumination
    Center console box dual level tray
    Pre-wiring for tow hitch
    Front fog lights
    Mood lighting
    Bluetooth® Handsfree Phone System
    Xenon headlights
    Intelligent Key

Moonroof Package:
    power glass moonroof with sliding shade

Leather Package:
    Front and rear leather-appointed seating surfaces
    Steering wheel and shift knob
    Power 6-way driver’s seat with power lumbar support
    Onetouch up/down driver’s window
    Auto-dimming mirror
    HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
    Rearview mirror compass
  • leseuldanielleseuldaniel Member Posts: 45
    nearly 35,000! :surprise:

Ouch, indeed!

In the last entry of the Mitsubishi outlander long term blog the author suggest they are currently running a comparison between 4 compact SUV: outlander, rogue, rav4 and cr-v. I guess we'll soon know which one is the bast value...
  • wstankowstanko Member Posts: 7
    Sure doesn't match the numbers in post #91. Did you see a sticker with this $34,848 or is this a dealer calculation. To me it smells of of a dealer trying to make extra money on the people who want the hot new product first. But I'm not there at this preview.

Any pics or thoughts??
    This is the official price from Nissan Canada, sure the dealer can sell under that.

Refer to #93 for packages

29,598 $CAN - Rogue SL AWD
    2,300 $CAN - Premium pack
    2,300 $CAN - Leather Pack
    700 $CAN - Techno Pack
    ===========
    34,898 $CAN - Total
    1,400 $CAN - Trans. & prep.
    100 $CAN - Green tax for air cond.
    125 $CAN - Metallic color other than black
  • wstankowstanko Member Posts: 7
    I guess I just don't understand Canadian dealership prices.

As a controlled experiment, I just built a RAV 4 Limited with leather for $36,500 CA, and then built the same in the USA website for $28,300. If I convert US to CA, that US dollar amount becomes 29,600. So this is not about conversions at all. I was told that a bit back and did not believe it, but now I do.

So I'll just wait for the official US post because it appears to have little to do with Canadian prices.
    Does anyone have pictures or info regarding color choices that they can post from this?
    Look at:

Nissan USA

Choose View Models, it will give you the outside color for the Rogue
    NICE...Thanks!

Definitely want to see these in person, but I'd say its between the following:

Silver Ice
    Gotham Gray
    Iridium Graphite (the one in all the pictures so far)

That blue is a bit too bright for my taste...
  • enrouteenroute Member Posts: 17
    Well... we, including Minister of Finance Mr. Flaherty, all known that the Canadian price is much more than the US price. Do you have any idea if there's any agency in Western Canada may do the paper work to import a car from the US? I know I can do it myself but if there's someone can do it professionally and efficiently, I would pay for it. Thanks! :)

John
    I visted a local Nissan dealer in Richmond, BC for a Rogue preview. Here we have some pictures from the showroom.

I'm currently a Toyoto RAV4(2004) driver. I found the interior space of the Rogue is about the same or slightly roomier than my RAV4.

Panel design is typically Nissan, which is way better than most Toyota. Driver seat is comfortable. Since the demo car is a AMD/S, the seat material is pretty cheaper. To me it is even worse than RAV4.

A salesperson said that the first batch of Rouge will hit Canada in mid-September. If I want it then, I have to order it right now. If I wait till Octorber for a test drive, I will have to wait until next January to get my car. :P
    I went to a preview for the Rogue yesterday and got a copy of their sheet for the model breakdown. (I'm sorry guys but they only had this is French! If you're savvy, just cross-reference it on the Nissan.ca English/French site, with a Murano's specs or something).

Canadian Rogue Models

The TA Version is the FWD with the lower grade interior fabric... The TI is the AWD with the nicer interior fabric or leather.

But as I figured, if you want Bluetooth you have to go for the whole kit (AWD + Leather + Tech packages)! Amazingly, the dealership I went to already had two Rogues reserved for purchase (contingent on the test drive) ! :surprise:
    Hmmm...

The dealer I went to in Montreal priced a fully loaded Rogue (with taxes, in Quebec, with 48 month financing) at $41 584.19 (36 438.?? with a 48 month lease)! This was not a sticker price. This was the dealer-guy on his money making computer!
  • brucepowerbrucepower Member Posts: 28
    Did they tell you the name of the colour on the car you photographed. I saw a Venom Red SL today with premium package and it looked great The Venom Red is metallic.
    Sorry but look at post #116

If you add GST and PST on my price you got 41,617.96$CAN

Good deal, you got a 33.77$ (after taxes) rebate ;)

I got that price from 2 dealers in Montréal and 3 in Québec City all the exact same price.

I think it's a sticker price...
    Got also these prices for AWD SL

Premium : 2300$Can
    Leather : 2300$Can
    Tech : 700$Can

That will lead you to :

29 598,00 $ SL AWD
    31 898,00 $ SL AWD + Premium
    34 198,00 $ SL AWD + Premium + Leather
    34 898,00 $ SL AWD + Premium + Leather + Tech

+ 1400$ + 100$ + 125$ + GST + PST
    Hey, no worries!

I only went to one dealership for the preview yesterday and copied it straight from the salesguy's computer.

*Shrug* Maybe he liked me! ;)

For the "semi" loaded AWD he listed a price of $39 214.08 CAN (48 month finance)

Bigrobert, what were your first impressions? Did you find it comfortable?
    The pictures posted at the chinada.ca site look like the color from all the promo pictures (Iridium Graphite). Although on the US site it says that color is only available on the SL model and the one in the picture is an S.

About those pictures...is it just me or does that glove box look REALLY deep!

Bruce, did you get any photos of the Venom Red Rogue you can post?
    Yes, it was REALLY deep! You'll never have to force the glove box closed ever again!
    Didn't see it yet. I'm from Québec City. First dealer to have it for preview will be on august 16.

Happy that Enroute find it slightly roomier than a 2004 RAV4.

But from the pictures (very nice pics) looks little squezzy in the back seats no?
    August 16th?!?

I bet you're just itchin'! It's a perfect excuse to spend a lovely weekend in Montreal! LOL!

I found the seats in the back to be quite roomy, with lot's of legroom (I'm just under 5'10" so legroom is important), even with the front seats positioned all the way back. However, I did find the back seats a little stiff and upright. Glad I don't have to sit back there too often!
    Is the dealers open for the week-end in Montréal?

Here in Québec City they are closed.

In fact, I'm going to Montréal saturday do you know where I can see one? and try to sit in it?
    Oh crap! That's true- I'm sorry! The dealerships took a vote and decided to stay closed on the weekends...

Quebec may be the only place left in North America that still does that... *Sigh*

Well then how about playing hooky on Friday then? C'mon... you know you waaaaan it! I got to tumble through an Orange Alloy colored one- I'd never buy one in that color, but it was still cool! :)
    bigrobert, yes the back seat is squezzy comparing with Santa Fe. I would say I feel about the same as my RAV4 which is pretty squezzy in the back for two adults with one kid.

I'm considering between Santa Fe and Rogue. After sitting in the real thing, I think Santa Fe has more chance to become my next car. We have two adults, a grade 3, and a baby in the family. Sometimes we add one more adult on board. Rogue is definately not too comfortable for my situation. Hyundai offers 0% financing rate in Canada, comparing with 3.9% offered by Nissan on Rogue. Nevertheless, I think Rogue is a lovely crossover if it fits your situation and taste.
    Sorry no, dealer had it in the shop cleaning it up. found it to be very roomy in the front and plenty of leg room in the back. It's bigger in real life than in the pictures. I have an X-Trail now and it is almost as big. Note the one I saw was a factory proto type and had a plague in it that said not to be driven. Also found the back seats to be to upright.
  • kimkaytkimkayt Member Posts: 15
    I am anxiously awaiting the chance to see the Rogue in person, but if a NAV system isn't available, I don't know what I'll do -- have the Murano now and I love it, don't want to do without it -- any of you that have seen it heard that it could become an option in the near future?
    I have seen absolutely no indication of Nav system being offered on the '08 Rogue. My guess is that this may appear in the '09 model since the foreign version of the Rogue, the Nissan Qashqai does offer this as an option.

Granted these are not identical vehicles, but very similar.

I plan on getting an external GPS for whatever car I buy. They are much easier/cheaper to update and the built in ones are generally WAY overpriced!

Can't remember if I mentioned it in this forum, but I have my eye on the TomTom GO 720. Its $500, has a 4.3-inch widescreen display, and allows users to edit their own maps.
    Buy a Garmin C330 or C530 and save yourself $2000
  • kimkaytkimkayt Member Posts: 15
    How does it attach? My current XM Satellite is a small portable model on a swing-arm type attachment (since my Murano is leased) and it looks like crap . . .
    It uses a small suction on the window, very low profile does not block vision.
  • twaintwain Member Posts: 185
    2WD
    City/Highway: 22/27
    -------------------------

Ok, that's close to the new Scion xB. I was hoping for 30 hiway but the Rogue is a fairly large vehicle. That's good enough to do battle with the CRV and other 4cyl crossovers. It's way better than the 16/22 that some V6 crossovers get.
  • puttputt5puttputt5 Member Posts: 1
    So I finally got to check out the Rogue, sat in it and was surprised at how cramped I thought it was. Other than that I thought it looked great.

The specs seem to lead you to believe it's really roomy, but it isn't. I"m not that tall, and I had the seat lowered all the way. My head was only an inch from the top (sunroof model).

To compare, right after I left the dealership I went and sat in a Honda CRV. Unbelievable difference in interior space, lot's of head, shoulder and leg room.

They really need to address that in the next version.
    Agree. As I said, I feel it's interior space is just slightly larger than my 2004 RAV4. If you're comparing cars in this class, try Santa Fe and you would probably love it more than the CRV. I've tried both.
    Come on guys lets compare apples to apples. The Santa fe is a larger vehicle. The Xterra is more in the class of the Santa Fe. The Tucson is in the class of the Rogue. The rogue is comparable to the Honda CRV and the Toyota RAV4. I for one find the Armada for more roomy than the Rogue.
  • mcq1mcq1 Member Posts: 103
    Hi there. New to the forum. I test drove the CRV very nice smooth. A few things that I didn't like. Leather on the armrests by the windows not very practical. I didn't think visibility was good out the rear window. I also test drove a Santa Fe a couple of weeks back. Nice car lots of room but it didn't drive as smooth as the Honda plus gas mileage is not that good.
    I love the look of the Rogue. So for me is a toss up between the Honda and the Rogue.
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES...AWESOME. I am in the Galveston-Houston area. I went to test drive a Honda CRV. It is nice car but gee whiz the Rogue's styling is so much better you can't compare. I am wating for it and waiting on pricing. The CRV had plenty of pick up for me but then I am a woman. The Rogue has an attitude which I like.
  • hand1hand1 Member Posts: 19
    August 12, 2007

I have been trying to find out the fuel economy for the new Nissan 2008 Rogue; is it a secret or just what? Also, what is the pricing for this vehicle, I am under the impression that it will be priced in the mid $20,000.00. If I can work out a deal, I will be trading in my 2005 Nissan Murano, which has under 11,000 miles; this car is just like new. Who knows, I just may be able to almost break even with this transaction?

I love my Murano, however, the fuel economy is the only negative I have with this great driving machine.
    The specs have been posted on the nissannews site.

http://nissannews.com/nissan/2008vehicles/rogue/specs.pdf

AWD 21/26
    2WD 22/27

The only thing that still remains a mystery is the US pricing.
  • mrgregmrgreg Member Posts: 2
    I was able to check out a Rogue at Oakville Nissan this past Friday. As mentioned by puttputt5, the interior room is pretty tight. Both my wife and I are small, so the driving area is fine for us. Where we noticed it is in the trunk. If you're comparing the Rogue against anything for cargo capacity, it should be against a Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass/Patriot or Liberty, and probably the Ford Escape. The Honda CRV and Hyundai Santa Fe both have much larger cargo volumes than the Rogue. In fact, the Rogues trunk depth is shorter than my wife's 2006 Civic, which I found hard to believe!

As nice as the Rogue is (look-wise at least), it's hard to justify its purchase as a family vehicle...
    Thanks for the information. Funny thing because I read a review article that said that the Rogue was bigger than the CRV but smaller than the Santa Fe.
    I don't need lots of room since I don't have kids but is there enough room in the cargo for groceries?
    What about headroom/legroom and comfort in the front seat?
    thanks

">
This discussion has been closed.