Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Crossover SUV Comparison

Comments

• Options
    vad1819vad1819 Member Posts: 309
    "Best compliment was from Automobile mag where a editor rated the steering feel better than the M3".............."However, she thought the steering was one of its weaknesses - light and no feedback".

I had same feeling when I drove this car for first time. The salesman was keep telling to me do feel how is good steering, but I did not. I thought, nothing special about CX-9, it drives like any other CUV. Any way the dealer didn't come up with good monthly payments.
    Have you test drive CX-7, Murano and FX? I thinkk CX-7, Murano and FX will be close to RDX in options and driving experience.
  • Options
    freealfasfreealfas Member Posts: 652
    easily solved then, 6spd...

thanks for the reply and good luck with the new car
  • Options
    chuckhoychuckhoy Member Posts: 420
    What is it with women and the intense hatred of all things hatchback and wagon? When I brought up the fact that our Outlook is an overgrown station wagon, I thought she was going to assault me in the Saturn dealership. Our next new car will be mine and it will be a compact wagon or hatchback. Preferably a diesel.
  • Options
    mine likes em and drives a passat wagon... no problem here as they make a whole bunch of sense...hell, I'm thinking of track daying it at the end of it's road life, stripped interior, plenty of room for spare tires/wheels, jack for the swap at the track.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Hatcbacks and wagons are pure function over form. Once you've owned one, it's hard to give up the practical shape. I don't think I could ever go back to a coupe/sedan.

The hatred you speak of is only in the USA, in Europe they're sought after.

2002 Subaru Legacy station wagon
    2007 Toyota Sienna crossover utility sliding door Wagovan ;)

Sorry, can't use the "M" word here any more.
  • Options
    that toyota thing quacks like a duck...

I never said they "hate" them here in the US, I more than know they are revered in europe and have made points to that. If anyone notices the europeans haven't embraced the suv, maybe that's because they have fully embraced the wagon... hmmm there's an idea...
  • Options
    volkovvolkov Member Posts: 1,306
    That's funny, we came within a hair of leasing a new 328 xi for my wife. She didn't like the sedan and wanted the wagon because she thought it was more sporty! RFT's and no local dealer were the deal breaker when it came time to commit.
  • Options
    You didn't say "hate" but chuckhoy did, that's why I was replying to his post.

My brother rented a Vectra wagon last time he went to Europe - loved it!
  • Options
    tell him to go alfa next time... sorry I missed the fact you were posting to chuckhoy...my bad
  • Options
    I'd still love to rent a (now discontinued) Alfa 156. They even made a wagon.

Gorgeous car.

Oh, wait, crossovers, right, um, how 'bout an Alfa Kamal:

• Options
    cason1cason1 Member Posts: 65
    When you titled the list "...popularity" I assumed you meant it was a list ranked by popularity. Perhaps your title should have been "Best Crossovers in vad1819's opinion."

Oh...and since you asked, Acura sold over 58K of them.
  • Options
    You're got upset that your MDX went below Hyundai and other CUV. It's good CUV, but in terms of the luxury cars it's still Honda (not a BMW or Mercedes) and it will be forever Honda. I had Acura 3.2 TL, in the end it's Accord. So how many people willing to pay for overpriced Honda - exactly 60K. That's it.
  • Options
    go 159, it's even prettier...

as for the kamal, sorry I'll keep my alfa's as sports cars or sedan/wagons, I just don't get the draw of the hot rod suv when their sedan/wagon brethren are more economical, handle better, etc. They are really just pointless vanity devices IMO.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    How many people are willing to pay for an overpriced Tahoe? (Escalade)
  • Options
    159 looks good, but I just always lusted after the 156.

If (big if) Alfa ever makes a come back in the US, they may have a better shot if they have a crossover, given american tastes.

Plus I think that looks about as sharp as a tall wagon/crossover can look.
  • Options
    cason1cason1 Member Posts: 65
    You're got upset that your MDX went below Hyundai and other CUV. It's good CUV, but in terms of the luxury cars it's still Honda (not a BMW or Mercedes) and it will be forever Honda. I had Acura 3.2 TL, in the end it's Accord. So how many people willing to pay for overpriced Honda - exactly 60K. That's it.

...or you could say that about 3x as many wanted a Hyundai.

You're a riot.
  • Options
    nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    When you titled the list "...popularity" I assumed you meant it was a list ranked by popularity.

It was ranked by popularity: popularity of problems, that is. Check out someone's Acadia issues from acadiaforum.net (similar to issues many others have had with the Acadia):

"GM was buying it back because of numerous service issues including RUST. And on that note, he showed me where mine has started rusting also. The dealer service manager was not happy that I was being informed of the buy back. In the meantime, my issues include random idiot lights illuminationing, the Nav/Ent system locking up (the volume freezes to a fixed level, the screen goes black, no controls are operational - the fix? Pull over, put the car in park, turn it off, remove the key, open the driver door - then start over again). We have the infamous low RPM vibration problem (of course the dealer says its supposed to do that - it helps with gas economy). Our vehicle is 2WD - as we were convinced by the dealer that AWD wasn't necessary in Northern Utah. Needless to say, with the past 10 days of snow, the Acadia has not moved out of the garage because it can't climb a 10 degree driveway with 1/2 inch of snow on it.
    And worst of all, the CRUISE control and accelerator have a mind of their own. Those old enough remember the old AUDIs doing this randomly, causing wrecks - and AUDI didn't fix it til it was investigate by 60 minutes."
  • Options
    barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    Funny how some folks really like to bash the TX/FS. It seems like it generally comes from a lambda lover. Maybe it's because you can get a TX/FS for less money, get better MPG, and have pretty much the same interior space except for some added width of the lambdas.

Maybe the Freestyle bashers are mainly Lamda owners who are having buyer's remorse. ;)
  • Options
    zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    Maybe the Freestyle bashers are mainly Lamda owners who are having buyer's remorse.

Now that's funny. I wouldn't trade my Enclave for any Ford SUV/CUV/van/whatever. I am quite surprised I am so thoroughly, 100% happy with any GM vehicle.
  • Options
    bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    How much did you pay for your Enclave? $35K?? My FS cost me $24K a few years ago, and a similiarly equiped one would cost me a couple of thousand more today, but for me the Enclave isn't worth another $10K.

Joking aside...the lambdas are good vehicles, it's just that some posters seem to want to dismiss certain other vehicles as not even being comparable.
  • Options
    humblecoderhumblecoder Member Posts: 125
    I had been in the market for a CUV/SUV/station wagon/whatever-you-call it this past year. First, let me just say that this whole CUV, wagon, SUV thing is all just a bunch of marketing hoo-hah. I really don't care what the marketing geeks call this thing. All I really care about is how the vehicle statisfies my family's needs. After all, at the end of the day, they are all just boxes on wheels with engines. If you want to call the thing "Fred", that's fine by me.

What we were looking for was a vehicle that could carry five passengers plus luggage, had good safety features ratings, and drove like a car (well as much as a vehicle in this class can drive like a car). We don't care about off-roading, although we live in the snow-belt so AWD is nice. Styling is subjective. Personally, I don't care much for the recent trend to make vehicles look like bloated jellybeans, but if the vehicle fit the other criteria, then a rolling jellybean it is!

Oh yeah, cheaper is better, but not TOO cheap, if you know what I mean!

Basically we figured that we needed some sort of three row vehicle, since sqeezing three across in one row really didn't seem practical. The other conclusion we came to was that we needed captain's chairs in the second row without a center console. We have two kids in car seats so we needed that gap to access the third row.

We looked at a number of vehicles. There were some compelling cases in the minivan sector. The Town and Country seemed to have a good overall package. However, I am very leery about buying a Chrysler product, so I ended up passing on that one.

On the jellybean front, the CX-9 and the Veracruz had questionable third rows and there wasn't really a lot of usable space behind that third row. The Highlander, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated vehicles in this class. The third row doesn't split fold, it is quite cramped to boot, but I guess it has the name Toyota on the front. They could put that nameplate on a burned out wreck and people would line up to buy it above MSRP.

In the end, it came down to some iteration of the lambda family and the Ford Taurus X. The main advantage of the lambda was the interior space. Third row was probably the best, as it can seat three, and in terms of cargo, the lambdas win as well. The handling and driving experience was okay but you never forgot that you were driving a 5000 pound truck. Also, the visibility to the rear was not all that great, which factors into the safety of the vehicle. Yes there is a backup camera available, but then you are talking real money!

The Taurus X looked and felt more like a wagon than a truck, which is a good thing in my opinion. You still had the high seating position (higher than a car at least), but the car's lower stance helped in terms of the overall ride. I felt it was much more "car-like" than the heavier lambda (TX is lighter by about half a ton). Visibility was much better with large windows. While the interior space is smaller, the third row was roomier than the CX-9, Highlander, and Veracruz. It can't hold three like the lambda, but it was plenty big for one or two. Cargo space isn't as good as the lambdas either.

Not factoring in the price, the lambda had better interior space, but it drove like the big vehicle that it is. The TX was smaller in terms of third row and cargo, but it drove more like a car.

Although it was close, we ended up pulling the trigger on the TX. Why?

1. The lambda was just a bit too "massive" for our driving tastes.

2. While the TX wasn't as spacious, it was spacious enough for what we were looking for.

3. TX is a IIHS top safety pick.

4. PRICE. We were able to get a "nicely equipped" TX (leather, heated seats, backup sensor) for around $30K minus incentives. An equivalent lambda costs more than that.

5. Styling. As I mentioned before, I am not hung up on styling. However, I actually prefer the more traditional wagon look of the TX over the bloated jellybean look of the lambdas. To me, it has a certain understated... dare I say... elegance to it. While I am sure that 99.9% of the folks here will think I am crazy (and half of them may be right!), thats my opinion and I am sticking to it!
  • Options
    " We have the infamous low RPM vibration problem (of course the dealer says its supposed to do that - it helps with gas economy). Our vehicle is 2WD - as we were convinced by the dealer that AWD wasn't necessary in Northern Utah. Needless to say, with the past 10 days of snow, the Acadia has not moved out of the garage because it can't climb a 10 degree driveway with 1/2 inch of snow on it."

I don't have any above problems with my 08' Acadia. Most problem came in 07 models.
    If you're "jewellzz", I understood your concern (otherwise it's not your post?????), but if you've read other posts, people don't have problem driving during the snow on drive ways or roads. May be you don't know how to drive on ice and snow?
    So, don't bash good car, if you have problem, and most people don't may be you're doing something wrong or you need it replace as Mia did.
    I've never heard about cruise control problems. No one even response on your post about cruise control, so check manual how to use it.
    I've heard in past that VW has an electrical problems. I had Audi's and VW for 15 years straight and I swear never had problems with it. So, some people careless in the using their cars, for example: using high pressure for car wash, putting wrong rated bulb in light socket, wrong brake oil and ect.

Good luck with your fight.
  • Options
    "PRICE. We were able to get a "nicely equipped" TX (leather, heated seats, backup sensor) for around $30K minus incentives. An equivalent lambda costs more than that"

Where did you see this price?
    I went dealer ship other day, almost $34,000 - included cloth seats, AWD, climate control, 6 -cd, DVD player, captain seats, back up sensor. It's sticker price on dealer ship. Of course you can get a deal breaker, but you have to look for it. It same applies to Acadia or any other car in this price range. I got mine below MSRP.
  • Options
    nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    Not my post, I read Acadiaforums because I'm still considering the Acadia and happened to come across this particular post. Just trying to be "funny" by posting how many more problems Acadia owner seem to be having compared to the competition (so on my list it would be #1 for problems).

I agree with you about the driving on ice/snow: it's all about the tires, and no vehicle will climb up hills that are completely icy.

We'll see how the 2008 models fare. I still think the 2007 model was rushed, GM should have waited several more months to fully complete their testing. Personally, I'd wait for the 2009 model, maybe it will come out in May to compete with the Pilot. I'll see if I can wait that long.
  • Options
    why would you go to the dealership the other day, thinking about trading the lambda in on a TreX and saving a bit of money???

in 2005, before you could even buy a lambda I got a loaded FWD limited FS only missing DVD & backup for $27.5. They have always been a very good value in the market by more than a reasonable amount.
  • Options
    I actually payed more than $35K for a fairly well equipped AWD CXL. I can't predict the future but I suspect my Enclave will be worth more (what $6K-$8K-$10K ?) than a FS in four or five years, so I don't really care that it may have cost $10K more than your FS. I think it is worth it.

One contributing factor is that I am done with Fords for the foreseeable future. After owning an Explorer and Expedition, both of which had a high number of visits to the shop during the warranty period, I was not going to give Ford another penny of my money. My Enclave (knock on wood) has been in the shop once in the 8 months of ownership for the transmission software upgrade.
  • Options
    hey back in days you can get Nissan Maxima for 21K and even more 20-30 years ago any car was around 10-15K.
    So, the weak dollar made everything go up. You can't compare what price was 3-4 years ago. We live today.
  • Options
    I have a feeling the transaction prices are a bit higher now for the Taurus X, likely due to the bigger engine and perhaps a bit more content (stability control on more models, for instance).

This is good for Ford. I doubt they made profits on the last few Freestyles they sold near $20 grand. I bet they lost money on those.

Any how, just for kicks I looked yesterday and Fitzmall.com has just one Enclave and it's over $40 grand at their no-haggle price. That's good and bad - they're expensive, yet demand it still strong enough that they only have one in stock!

They have a GMC franchise as well, and similar situation - all 6 they have in stock cost over $40 grand right now. They're pretty loaded up, and don't seem to be lingering in dealerships for long.

They don't have a Ford or Saturn franchise, so no models to compare.

Any how, GM seems to be doing well in demand terms, and these prices are above and beyond what they could command for the minivans (oops, I said it) the Lambdas replaced.

Ford Edge prices seem to have dropped, but the Flex and Taurus X will sell for higher prices than the Freestyle did, at least towards the end.

IMHO both have succeeded at shifting prices to potentially profitable levels.
  • Options
    jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    Not my post, I read Acadiaforums because I'm still considering the Acadia and happened to come across this particular post. Just trying to be "funny" by posting how many more problems Acadia owner seem to be having compared to the competition (so on my list it would be #1 for problems).

I read the same forum - and Enclave forums - and MDX forums - and Edge forums, etc. Buying ANY new vehicle is a crap shoot especially right after the model change. You will read about disgruntled people in all of the forums above, but obviously it does not mean that in generals the cars are junk. The fact is that most people are pretty happy with their new cars, and often some of the ones that aren't did not research the car enough from a variety of sources.

We are all in search of the "perfect" car. It does not exist and never has. Even my wifes '02 Camry which has been virtually problem free has things that irritate me.

Drove the new Acadia last night - pretty loaded up. Thought it was VERY nice so far as ride, quietnessm and general comfort. Liked the fact that the heated seats also included the back of the seats and you could run it with either the bottom and back heated, or just the back. A little thing, but if you have any back issues, would be valuable on a long trip.

Will test drive a number of others before spending 40K.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's the latest bug progress report:

Sylvia, "Forums Software! Your Questions Answered..." #3937, 9 Jan 2008 7:13 am

Lemon server? :lemon:
  • Options
    They don't have a Ford or Saturn franchise, so no models to compare.

If you want a Saturn price, you can go to the website and build one. The price is what the price is.
  • Options
    Good point, though I wonder what dealers will actually have available in their stock.

Last year I was able to drive a pretty basic one priced under $30k, FWIW.
  • Options
    I bought pretty basic Acadia in November couple grad below 30K (sticker was almost 32,000). It’s called deal breaker. I was negotiated for couple days. But in the end I got almost what I wanted it.
  • Options
    I am patient and willing to wait a couple of months to get one the way I want it. That is, in fact, what I did. Our dealer had only stripped down XEs or fully pimped out XRs. Nothing in between.
  • Options
    We caught ours during the time all of the manufacturer's were offering employee pricing to everyone and took full advantage of it. It seemed fairly priced. I really have a tough time choking down the idea of $40k cuv's, SUV's, any of it really. As that is just plain and simple money right out the window.

collector/vintage cars, that's an entirely different story as if chosen correctly you can own/drive a vehicle for basically running costs and potentially even make money depending on the market at the time of sale.
  • Options
    I stated same thing to myself about Tahoe. It's too much money almost 35k for most entry level Tahoe. Also it's reason why i did not buy CX-9. They wanted full sticker price, it's kind dump asking full price at end of the year. Toyota was really flexible in terms of price and trade-in, but ......don't want.
  • Options
    wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    " Styling. As I mentioned before, I am not hung up on styling. However, I actually prefer the more traditional wagon look of the TX over the bloated jellybean look of the lambdas."

Just happened to walk by a Freestyle in Target parking lot last night. Not bad if you like the 'Explorer" look on that size vehicle. I noticed that I was looking down on the roof as I went by. When I got back to my Trooper, the roof was definitely higher. Pricewise a Freestyle might be less, but you get what you pay for, less vehicle for a smaller price. (I would probably go for one of these instead of the Highlander if I was buying and ever thought I might need more that 5 passenger.) BUT, I like the Veracruz, CX9 and Enclave/Acadia/Outlook much better since the "Explorer" look is a turn-off to me...don't know why, but I just do NOT like the look.

On the other hand, the Flex looks like the next generation of my '00 Trooper...just stretched and chopped a little :-). Still don't know if I would consider one when it is time to replace the Trooper...what can I say, Ford is just not my favorite brand unless comparing to anything Chrysler :-)

I'm glad you like your Freestyles or TX and hope you get many years of service.. I probably will go a different way later this year.
  • Options
    After owning an Explorer and Expedition, both of which had a high number of visits to the shop during the warranty period, I was not going to give Ford another penny of my money

If you already have a bias against a manufacturer, then everything else is irrelevant, since you had a bias agains the TX before even knowing one thing about it. Your choice of course, but your decision wasn't because the Enclave was any better than the FS, but because of who manufactured it.
  • Options
    "Any how, GM seems to be doing well in demand terms, and these prices are above and beyond what they could command for the minivans (oops, I said it) the Lambdas replaced. "

Lambada replaced mvans and some others like the Envoy XL 7 passenger..those would go up to close to $40K in the fully equipted SLT trip...(sales pricing was lower before they dropped MSRP and discounts...'04 purchased in '04 with incentives and GSM pricing was closer to $8K+ below MSRP at that time.)

I went to GMC dot COM and searched for Acadias in the 38133 zip area...NE Memphis. I located at least 25 in the 3 different trim that would average about $30K, $36K & $40+K (SLE, SLT1 & SLT2) so there are a number of them around in different trims. Located probably 15 Enclaves...about 3 CX and probably a dozen CXL within 50 miles. GMC/Saturn Lambadas seem to be in good supply, Enclaves still harder to find.
  • Options
    I think the best looking (style and look rich) CUV is FX45, the second new MDX (from rear look like FX45), third Enclave. BUT IT's my opinion.(remark for some people here).
  • Options
    noticed that I was looking down on the roof as I went by. When I got back to my Trooper, the roof was definitely higher. Pricewise a Freestyle might be less, but you get what you pay for, less vehicle for a smaller price.

Does the Trooper have 3 rows? cars.com doesn't show it having a 3rd row, so it not in the same class as the FS... also, the Trooper cost more, the MPG is a lot worse (15/19 vs 20/27), no side or curtain airbags for the Trooper, and even though the FS isn't as tall on the outside, it has greater headroom than the Trooper, and BTW hip room, shoulder room, and cargo space is also greater with the FS...so tell me how it's less of a vehicle ;) I guess your definition of "less" must be different than mine!
  • Options
    If you already have a bias against a manufacturer, then everything else is irrelevant, since you had a bias agains the TX before even knowing one thing about it. Your choice of course, but your decision wasn't because the Enclave was any better than the FS, but because of who manufactured it.

I don't think I ever stated here that the Enclave is better, although having seen FS's when I was at the Ford shop, I do believe the Lambda's are better. I have seen the interior and exterior of FS's, and I have driven Ford 3 liter engines before. There simply was nothing compelling there to make me look, even against my better judgement. Whatever has been done to refresh the design this year is still irrelevant to me.
  • Options
    "If you already have a bias against a manufacturer, then everything else is irrelevant"

hence Bobw3's point has been made more fully now... regardless of what ford put out there and called a FS(for example, imagine if they came up with the exact same lambda design in its entirety and it had a blue oval on it) your previous experience you noted was for whatever reason not a good one leaving you not shopping there anymore.
  • Options
    "Does the Trooper have 3 rows? cars.com doesn't show it having a 3rd row, so it not in the same class as the FS... also, the Trooper cost more, the MPG is a lot worse (15/19 vs 20/27), no side or curtain airbags for the Trooper, and even though the FS isn't as tall on the outside, it has greater headroom than the Trooper, and BTW hip room, shoulder room, and cargo space is also greater with the FS...so tell me how it's less of a vehicle I guess your definition of "less" must be different than mine! "

I was not clear on that...FS/TX is less than Lambada and IMHO somewhat less of a vehicle. Not bad vehicle, just slightly less than the Lambada and perhaps CX9 & Veracruze. I was comparing the FS to the Trooper in height...FS is more car height where the Trooper is taller. Last year for the Trooper was 2002 so it is not available new anymore. Trooper only as 5 passenger. It is a truck based SUV with plenty of room. With incentives the Trooper (2wd) was in the same price range as the FS.

I was commenting that the FLEX looks like the next generation Trooper, kind of a retro look, squared off and kind of like a stretched and chopped Trooper...might have been in another post.

I'm not a Ford fan so all else being equal I would go with Outlook/Acadia/Enclave, but would definitly take even a FS over anything Chrsler makes and probably would take the FS over a Highlander if the 6/7 passenger capability was wanted...FS would be much better there from what I have seen.

FS was tempting last year when they were advertising a decently equipped one for just a little over $20K IIRC...that would be at least as attractive as a Envoy/Ascender for about the same money. When I'm ready to replace the Trooper, I'll have to decide what I need/want 5 or 7 passenger. Currently the wife drives a 7 passenger Envoy XL...so, as much as I would like to have Acadia/Outlook/Enclave, I probably don't really 'need' one. Then if you look at value and discount the lesser gas mileage, you might get more 'value' in a Tahoe/Yukon with the larger incentives available on these.
  • Options
    If you're looking at full sized SUVs like the Envoy XL, the old Isuzu Trooper, Tahoe/Yukon, etc, then the lambdas are probably a better pick for you, since they're more SUV-like. Also, something like a Yukon will run you $40K, and according to the GMC Yukon website, it's 3rd row legroom is 25" in the 202" length Yukon, but if you went for the Yukon XL, then you'd get about the same legroom in the 3rd row as the TX/FS, but then the XL is 222" long! Heck, the Kia Rondo has more legroom than the standard Yukon and the Rondo is only 179" long :P

As far as interior space, the TX/FS has slightly less than the lambdas, but more than CUVs like the Veracruz or Highlander. It falls in the same class as the Mazda CX-9.

And if you're interested in height, then the Flex may not be for you, as it's the exact same height as the TX/FS. The Flex is basically the same as the TX/FS, only a few inches wider and a couple of inches longer. Same ground clearance, same seat height, same 3rd row configuration, etc...just a different exterior style.
  • Options
    went dealer ship other day, almost $34,000 - included cloth seats, AWD, climate control, 6 -cd, DVD player, captain seats, back up sensor. It's sticker price on dealer ship. Of course you can get a deal breaker, but you have to look for it. It same applies to Acadia or any other car in this price range. I got mine below MSRP.

vad:

I went to the gmc web site and priced out an Acadia using those specs. The MSRP came out to be about $35,800!!!

Acadia AWD SLE (base model) $32,500
    Backup sensor (comes with convienence pkg) $435
    Entertainment system $2055
    Radio with 6 CD changer $855

Cloth seats, climate control, captains chairs are all standard in the base model of the TX. The only things you are adding are 6 CD (about $600 but also includes some other options as part of a package), DVD (about $1000), and backup sensor (another $300). The MSRP is $31,340. That's a $4000 difference! In addition, it seems like incentives and dealer pricing is more aggressive on the TX, so in reality you are probably going to end up paying at least $5000 less.
  • Options
    I was not clear on that...FS/TX is less than Lambada and IMHO somewhat less of a vehicle. Not bad vehicle, just slightly less than the Lambada and perhaps CX9 & Veracruze. I was comparing the FS to the Trooper in height...FS is more car height where the Trooper is taller. Last year for the Trooper was 2002 so it is not available new anymore. Trooper only as 5 passenger. It is a truck based SUV with plenty of room. With incentives the Trooper (2wd) was in the same price range as the FS.

Sometimes "less is more"! Besides, what matters more to me is whether there is enough headroom for the passengers! :)
  • Options
    If you want good headroom, then all the CUVs here are pretty much the same...including the TX/FS.
  • Options
    mchappellmchappell Member Posts: 52
    "Lambada..."

Wasn't that on "Dancing With the Stars"? :shades:
  • Options
    I'm not sure how to you got number up to $4000 below Acadia for same options. \
    I went In GM website I got just about $35,200 and Ford SEL with same options
    $34, 200, so it just $1000 difference. (also third row seat it optional in Ford - $115).
    One more,thing, you can't compare (in price wise) FORD VS GMC, it's more comparable Ford vs Saturn(Chevy),or Mercury vs GMC, or Lincoln vs Cadillac.