Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Infiniti G35 Problems

Comments

• Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    That is the strange part. Based on what I read, the key problem involve not able to start the car. In my case, the intellilgent key part actually work fine (approach the car, touch the plastic tab, open the door work fine. Starting the car work fine). However the remote door opening/trunk opening don't work (hit the door open/lock/open trunk button on the key, nothing happen). My other key work perfect... So I don't know if I get the intelligent key/cell phone issue or something else entirely...
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    sounds like something else completely.
  • Options
    alanrosemanalanroseman Member Posts: 23
    Hello All,

I was experiencing a rattle in the front compartment, went through all the usual gyrations trying to find it. Pressed on the glove box door, pressed on the lower dash parts, moved the visors, emptied out the console and glove box...still rattling.

I then discovered there was no rattle with a passenger aboard. The rattle is actually the passengers seat back. If you press your hand on it while traveling over uneven road surfaces the rattle is gone.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

ps. I've had my G35X since February I love absolutely love it! Just drove back from the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal, there isn't much about the G not to like.

Alan
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I've only had one rattle and it was driving me absolutely nuts.
    It sounded like it was coming from the right side of the dash, near the glove box but I could not find it.

Turned out to be that my sunglasses rattle when in the above holder.
    I never noticed it prior, as I'm usually wearing them when I drive.
    It was a rainy few days... and I hardly ever drive at night.

Unless my sunglasses are in their holder, I have 0 rattles.
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    No rattles here yet and hope not to experience any. I do get a lot of rear cabin noise when all windows are down at high speeds and scott, your right, that damn seatbelt strap drives me nuts as it flaps on the seat.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    ....after almost 6 wks. of ownership, no rattles or problems.

Like all Infinitis I've owned, better gas mileage would be appreciated, yet this car has a lot of bang for the buck.
  • Options
    Yeah.
    I ordered some really nice seatbelt covers.
    Black with the Infiniti Logo embroidered on.
    If I like them enough, I'll order another pair for the back seats.

If that doesn't help resolve the flapping, duct tape may.
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Why not get a hold of some chassis ears and see if you can find your rattles. They are costly for a good set $150, but you have 4 transmitters to place in various parts of the car to help find noises. This is usually used for under the car, but it might work inside as well. It's worth a try if you can borrow a set. Most dealerships have them, and you can buy them on ebay.
  • Options
    jabokijaboki Member Posts: 1
    Yes! my cruise control has the same jerkiness going downhill. I took it to the dealer, they tested another G35 and said that "it's normal." I didn't buy that--no other car I've every driven has done that and I've driven a lot, both more expensive and less--so I called Consumer Affairs. They got back to me after a few days, and after phoning my dealer, only to tell me that gravity is making the car go faster downhill, then the car brakes, etc. Now, I'm really not buying that--why wouldn't it do the same thing going uphill (only accelerating instead of braking)? I love the G35 and think it's way too good a car to have something stupid like this going on, but it sure is annoying. I'm not sure what to do next or where to go, but I don't want to drop it. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    My wife has a Toyota and it doesn't do it; I've driven Toyota's/Lexus and they don't do it. I've rented non-Japanese cars and they do it...personally, I think it is probably is normal (my car does it) but for me, isn't a big deal. If the dealer told you it's normal, and other people are experiencing it, maybe it is normal? If it is, is it worth twisting your shorts over?
    Z
  • Options
    desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    I think its because of the heavy engine braking in the lower gears at certain RPM. It is not ideal but that is how the car was engineered. I noticed the heavy braking when coasting. At certain RPMs there is a noticeable increase in the engine braking.

If the cruise control is holding its speed, then there is not much else you can do besides change the transmission.

It would be nice if they gave us a 6 speed.
  • Options
    grobogrobo Member Posts: 1
    I am also new to this forum and just had a similar experience. My brand new (less than a week old) RED G35 was in a hail storm in NC last week. :sick:

I was hoping that moving from Texas would keep me out of those storms!! I just knew there was going to be damage. Unbelievably, there was not a single ding or blemish anywhere! I am still stunned.
  • Options
    I have an 07 'X' with the ICC cruise and I have not experienced this.
    How big are these hills?
    I only use mine on the highway.
    It does have some hills, but nothing so steep to cause the car to accelerate to a point where it needs to apply it's brakes.

Is this only happening with non-ICC models?
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Good news here -- sounds like Nissan has finally broken the code on getting red paint to stick to the car.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    Just picked up a non-Nav G35x this weekend. As already described by others, I can call out on my Treo 680, and I can also receive calls ... but not pick them up using the voice commands or the steering wheel buttons.

Boy this sucks. Isn't Bluetooth supposed to be a "standard" that everyone who uses the term "Bluetooth" has to subscribe to. I know, I know, so many phones and earpieces don't work with one another either. Just needed to gripe anyways.

So what is Infinity going to do about it? Is ther some kind of a software fix that can be applied by the dealer, or are we all just out of luck? Has anyone heard from Infinity on the phone synching problems?

Enjoy,
    Bob
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Did you check to see if your particular phone is compatible with Infiniti?

My phone (RAZR/AT&T) paired right away and has been flawless since.
  • Options
    rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    Sorry, I should have posted that tidbit. The Treo 680 is not on Infiniti's compatibility list.

But as repoprted here in earlier posts, most of the phones on their approved list are old and/or discontinued even.

Enjoy,
    Bob
  • Options
    jagguarjagguar Member Posts: 25
    Topgun, there are 2 parts to our keyfobs. The first part is just the standard keyless entry that every car has these days. It has the buttons that allow you to lock/unlock/open trunk/alarm. It runs off of a battery so if the battery dies, so does the remote. The second part is what's new. The keyfob has an RFID chip, which is a passive system. When it's within range of the car (door, trunk, or inside) the car sends a signal, that's read by the RFID chip in the keyfob and the chip sends a signal back to the car identifying itself. The car then does whatever you just told it to do (button on handle, start button, trunk button). The RFID chip doesn't use any battery power, as the signal from the car provides enough energy for the chip to do its thing.

So in conclusion, if the keyfob battery dies, the buttons on it won't work, but it should still allow you to unlock the car by pressing the button on the handle and start with car. So I would recommend replacing the battery in the keyfob. If you still have the same problem, then the problem is with the keyfob, and it probably needs replaced (possibly fixed), but you shouldn't need any reprogramming or anything.
  • Options
    Jag... I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate.
    I've heard that if the battery is removed from the fob, the keyless functions functioning with the RFID chip no longer work.
    For instance, remove the battery.
    You can use the removable key to enter the car, but the fob will not allow the car to start, even when placed in the fob holder.

I have not personally tested this, but there has been extensive discussions on another forum that I frequent, and one thought to avoid being stranded was to keep a fob in the glovebox without the battery (to avoid thieves) and to keep the battery in your wallet or purse.
    The problem was that we were not sure if the fob would become dumb (de-programmed) if the battery was removed for an extended time.

I do agree that the best first step is to replace the battery.
    Although it's said to last many years, some batteries can be faulty and hold a short life span.
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    I just used the ICC for the first time, after driving the car for one month. I, too, experienced the "jerkiness" when going downhill. It got so annoying that I just hit cancel until the decline was over and then hit resume to start the ICC back on.
    Overall I like the ICC, it slows the car nicely when approaching a slower vehicle in front. But, every other car I have ever had (Acura, Toyota, Honda, and BMW) did not have this problem. I do think it is "normal" for this car.
    Still think the tech package is worth it though. I love the rear backup camera.
  • Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I made an appointment and took my car and the two key fob in also (one remote worked, the other didn't work. The touch start on both fobs worked). The technican reprogram the key and mentioned that there was no code for the remote portion in one of the key fob. My service adviser speculated that the salesman who delivered the car in another dealership did not have one of the original key fob and just programmed a new one for me. And in the process did not program the remote function. Since I didn't use the remote function, I can't verified his speculation. I talked to the technican a little bit more and he was not too clear if it is caused by the cell phone thing (but it is very different symptoms than what I expected) or what my service adviser speculated. So far both keys worked great for now, but I can hardly wait for the new keys in the fall. Since I am the first client of that day, it only took my 10 minutes to wait for the technican to program the key. I didn't even have a chance to finish the free coffee (LOL)..
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    The jerkiness described here seems to be the nature of the beast for these cars. Numerous posts on different forums have the exact same issue with their 07 G35 Cruise control. There is nothing to be done about it. It might be annoying but Infiniti has no fix.
  • Options
    motorhead7motorhead7 Member Posts: 4
    I just read your question and would have to say buy! Its a very sweet machine. I took delivery in March and will go in for the first oil change on 06/29. I broke the car in properly and have had no problem whatever. I did cover the car with two coats of the new synthetic Maquires wax and dont have chip one to date even though it did go through a hail storm in may. Don't know if the coating had anything to do with it or not. ( don't see how) but have had a rock or two hit the front and nothing happened to the paint. Maybe they changed the chemical make up on the mid 2007's
    The car handles flat in the corners and is very stable at high speed. It has all the bells and whistles and its moves.
    I say, get it for the time of your life.
    Motorhead7
  • Options
    I have not experienced this at all. The cruise control is very smooth and holds the set speed well.

Motorhead7
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Has anyone else noticed a creaking noise coming from the Sport seats in the sedan? I noticed a creaking sound coming from the right leg bolster whenver I'm putting any kind of pressure on it (i.e. when taking turns in a canyon). I'm hoping that it's something that the dealer can fix (or replace), but I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience with it.
  • Options
    Sorry, don't have any canyons here in Kansas.... :):)
    Z
  • Options
    wes_888wes_888 Member Posts: 38
    Hey thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I have decided to buy :) I will be picking up my g35x this saturday. Cant wait. I was suppose to get it 3 weeks ago, but the dealership salesman stiffed me. I dealed for a brand new g35x and he agreed, but instead, he gave me one that had 111km already. So I got my refund and dealed at another dealership. I saw the car already, it only has 10km. Thats the car im going to get this saturday :) I want one that hasnt be driven hard by all the test drivers out there... wanted a fresh one for a proper break-in. My dissapointment with the salesman almost made me go with a different brand.. like the 3 series.. but lo and behold, I decided to stick with the G and I should be a proud owner of one 5 days from now :)
  • Options
    Hello,

Where did you find the seat belt covers? Do you have a part number or any nominclature?
  • Options
    I bought these...
    Seat Belt Covers

I bid $0.01 and won, and with $11- shipping, paid $11.01.
    Not too bad.

They're very nice in quality and I only have one issue with them.
    Their about 10" long (guesstimate), but the front belts only have about 4" of belt exposed when fully retracted.
    This leaves a few inches on loose belt next to the front seats. It's not an issue with the windows down, just the look.

I have not yet placed them on the back seats to see if they help, but they will fit very well back there.
    The back seat belts have much more room on the belt between the retractor slot and the buckle.

I can take pics if you're interested.

All in all, they were worth the penny! :P
  • Options
    Thanks for the timely reply. I've always been one to throw pennies around, so I'll go looking for them.
  • Options
    The stamp on the envelope showed a flat delivery rate of $8-

This means that he made $3- on shipping/handling costs.
    I suppose, that added to the $0.01 cost, it's still a bargain.
    :P
  • Options
    tkamysztkamysz Member Posts: 2
    I am currently looking to buy a 2007 G35x. Can anyone give me some info about what type of gas the car needs and your thoughts about the car?? I have heard varying opinions from a few different dealers about the the type of gas and was just wondering if any of you owners could help me out more than they could since they were just trying to sell it to me:)

Thanks
  • Options
    I have an 07 X with 3,200 miles on it.

In "M" Manual mode, I get 18 mpg very easily, even with the occasional launch from a red light, or a quick tear up the highway. That's with 50/50 City/Highway driving.

If I keep it in "D" drive mode and take it easy, I'm actually hitting low 20's. The better gas mileage doesn't kick in until you're over 3,000 miles.

All in all, most people claim to be around 18, but I'm now in the 20's and only get down to 18 when I'm playing a bit.

I use only 93 octane, which is what the manual recommends.
    Manual states that 87 can be used, but performance will suffer.
    Using 87, you may find a drop in MPG as well.

Buy it, it's an incredible car and an absolute blast to drive!
  • Options
    aceisaceis Member Posts: 3
    I bought the G35 Sport 07 model in December 2006. I've been suffering pure hell since I made that decision. First the XM never worked. It took the dealer over a month to replace the unit after they tried to identify the issue 2 other times. The gear shift was replaced because of issues. Now the gear shift does not go fully into park. Ah, the brakes. They will continue to squeak. They have adjusted the rotors alongside everything else and they still squeak. They tell you this story about many manufactures having the same brake problem which they consider normal. Last but not least my car will not crank now. Just 3 days after getting it out the shop. Its completely DEAD. I know I got a lemon. I'm going to take
    my issues through my states Lemon Law procedures.
  • Options
    im2kleenim2kleen Member Posts: 7
    Finally, someone else that agrees with my experience and willing to admit/accept or see what the car really is (a lemon). I got my G35 in Dec as well and had major problems 45 days into it i was back at the dealer (read my 1st post). I couldnt believe it. I was so upset, i wrote LEMON all over the car on like my 5th need back to the dealer. I told'em "no car wash please”. Everyday i drive the car i feel dissatisfied and when i receive threads of the emails from people saying they love the car i wonder if they really have the car. My car is a lease, so I have to live with my regretful choice until i’m freed from this awful car/responsibility. Anyway, did you receive their letter talking about send $500 to reserve the new 2008 G37. My eyes went red hot and a crazy laugh came out the corner of my mouth. Its not the next generation to the G35, it’s a totally different car or i hope so cause they sure needed to discontinue the G35 pretty lemon concept. We all should have bought the BMW i335 (coupe) or Lexus IS 350. Check out those and compare them to the G35; they have better interior, MPG and build quality.
  • Options
    im2kleenim2kleen Member Posts: 7
    Arco 91 octane.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Well, sorry to hear your problem but remember that not all cars are perfect.

I had mine since Jan w/ 5K miles now and I haven't had any issues except the wind noise that I think it's a little too much.
  • Options
    aceisaceis Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I'm sending this out to all owners of The 2007 G35 automobile. We need to keep in contact to address these issues as a group of people who are dissatisfied with our experiences as Infiniti owners. As I said in a previous post I'm addressing these issues with my state's Lemon Law department. Additionally I have sent an email to the Vice President of Infiniti USA. I will comment everyday about what is happening in my process of getting Infiniti to buy back my car. Keep in contact through this forum so we can address these problems.
  • Options
    Go into your settings and turn on the recalulations feature.
    I dont' know why they offer an option as I always want a recalulation if I miss a turn. Anyway it's in your manual.

Motorhead7
  • Options
    jebelljebell Member Posts: 54
    Will do.....and tell her she should not drive my car in cold weather. :)
  • Options
    crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    So I got to my car this morning and I couldn't open it with either key fob (so I'm pretty sure they both didn't get unprogrammed). I opened the door with the manual key but there was no repsonse from anything electrical (doors, ignition, etc). Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it as simple as jump-starting the car, or do you think the problem is deeper? This is my first car with the intelligent key, so it's not responding like a normal car with a dead battery (i.e. getting feedback from the electrical system, but the car doesn't turn over). Help! Thanks
  • Options
    Search through this thread... known issue.
    Post # 130 shows the following letter, which if you are a current owner, you should have received as well.

I spoke to my dealer this past weekend.
    The new keys are expected sometime around Sept.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response
    Yeah, I knew about this issue with the keys and received the letter. But would it have been possible for both keys to fail at the same time? I thought that was it at first when the one key didn't work, but now that they are both not responding, i thought it was maybe a car problem...

Has it been usual for both keys to malfunction together?
  • Options
    I've only seen a couple of people reporting both fobs not working.
    Mostly, it's only one since the other is kept somewhere else at the time of whatever interference occurring.

Do you keep you fobs together or on a desk near a PC/Phone/etc?

Who knows... but you need to get the car to the dealer for them to re-program everything. You'll most likely end up with new fobs too.

Roadside assistance can get you there, but I HIGHLY suggest being there when they come to get your car.
    Some of these tow people need to be watched very closely. :sick:
  • Options
    Thanks... Pain in the butt, but I'll have to get them over here and get the car to the dealer. I have both keys on a key holder on the wall, with no phone, PC, etc within 10 feet. Now let's just hope they're not getting wiped by the wireless network. Good grief!
  • Options
    trudesaitrudesai Member Posts: 4
    Anyone getting a lot wind noise when they are driving on the highway. I can definitely hear it when I am over 70 mph. It sounds like it is near the rear door behind the driver. Also, when I roll my back windows down all the way when I am going 70 or above I get this awful vibration through out the whole car. Anyone else getting any of these problems.
  • Options
    vidurvidur Member Posts: 22
    Hey,

So I bought a '07 G35 coupe on May 12'07 with everything and paid good money for it. I had a good sales experience w/ Frontier Infiniti at Steven's Creek & that is all the good time I had. On the day of delivery, all but one set of keys were missing. They said we'll order it, no problem.

Then I noticed that my navigation system was always about a 1/4 mile behind me. I went to the dealership and they agreed. New 'brain' for the system was ordered & I was told to come back in a week. I did! I was told the dealership is talking to the Infiniti technical support for this. Great, those guys should know the car inside out.

The new part was installed & that failed. No problemo, leave the car w/ the dealership & they'll fix it. So I did. Oh! we had another of those bad parts, my poor rotten luck. We get another one (take a week) and this was supposed to work, of course NOT.

So, we continue are guessing game. The Infiniti 'tech' support thinks its some control panel issue. The nav is not picking up the speed correctly. I'll have to wait another week to get this car back but we are almost there. Another new part arrives & now I wonder if anything original is left in there :confuse:

Well, this doesn't work too. Lets take another guess, we think we have a wiring problem. So kind of short, somewhere.

More than 5 weeks from when the problem was acknowledged and 3 weeks since the car has been relaxing at the dealership, we still are guessing.

Now, ask me why I am mad? Not because the part was bad or it is taking so long to repair (well I am a little mad about the latter), it is because of attitude that Infiniti has towards its customer. The promised ownership experience is great till you don't have any problems w/ the car.

The folks at the dealership have been trying (I truly hope this is true). At least they honestly agree to the fact that they have little clue & they are asking for help. I wonder what the Infiniti tech helpline is upto.

And a word about the customer affairs at Infiniti, the only thing they do is file a case and call up the dealership and ask the person there to call you up. Smart people, I have already spoken to the dealership, I wouldn't be calling you if they had an answer. Oh! they never call you back, even if they say they would.

I truly hope that other folks don't have to face such a problem but you do see the true worth of a company in how they deal w/ a customer and my a little over 2 months of ownership shows a poor state of affairs.

Good luck, Vidur
  • Options
    Ever hear the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil?"

I had a bit of an issue with the people at Infiniti's customer affairs 800 #. I called with an issue and asked to speak to someone concerning it. Naturally they weren't there so I left a message for them to call. Waited a week, no call. Called back and repeated my problem and of course the person wasn't there. They asked if I would like to leave a message. I told them I didn't, but I did want to speak only to a supervisor who dealt with really pissed off customers. They told me the supervisor was on the phone and I told them I would wait. The supervisor finally got on the phone and I calmly discussed my issue; he solved it and I suggested that perhaps they might revisit their method of dealing with customers who had problems since their current method sucked.

Bottom line is that you try to calmly solve the issue - if that doesn't work, go nuclear on them, take notes and names and let them know you're going to write a letter, then do just that. I doubt that it will permanently fix the system, but it likely will get yourself some action.
    Z
  • Options
    vidurvidur Member Posts: 22
    Z, I hear what you are saying. I did call 800# number and ask for supervisor. Despite my insistence I was told that there was no Manager or Supervisor on the floor :(

I have written a letter to both dealer and Infiniti (VP, Customer Affairs). I hope I would get some response.

- Vidur
  • Options
    When the rear windows are rolled down, it's not a vibration but a thumping sensation of the air entering the cabin.
    Crack the front windows a little to avoid this.

Wind noise is there, but not unsatisfactory.