Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New to Leasing

MehradKKMehradKK Member Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Toyota
Hey guys, I'm new to leasing I was wondering what is the cheapest car I can find to lease with zero down payment.
The lower the payment the better for me. Thanks for your suggestions
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    MehradKK said:

Hey guys, I'm new to leasing I was wondering what is the cheapest car I can find to lease with zero down payment.
    The lower the payment the better for me. Thanks for your suggestions

Start with a car that has a low price.

Do you have a specific budget in mind?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• MehradKKMehradKK Member Posts: 2
    cheapest would do nothing specific
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    MehradKK said:

cheapest would do nothing specific

I don't understand this comment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• JayRodJayRod Member Posts: 14
    Hey just wondering how taxes are calculated for leases, also what are acceptable Plate and DMV fees in New York?

I want to go in prepared and want to know what to look for once I ask them to itemize costs.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,108
    JayRod said:

Hey just wondering how taxes are calculated for leases, also what are acceptable Plate and DMV fees in New York?

I want to go in prepared and want to know what to look for once I ask them to itemize costs.

NYS taxes the sum of the payments (monthly and upfront charges), and collects the tax upfront.

DMV and plate fees are prescribed by law. Probably $200 or so. NYS dealers generally charge a $75 doc fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator