Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi logie. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Thanks plus11. Yes, you can lease this truck for 2 years. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT2 FWD with 10,500 miles per year are 0.65% and 58%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    j27j27 Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    Looking to lease a 2011 Acadia AWD SLE with Rear DVD.
    Can you work up a lease payment for me. Im in NY. I'm shopping around.
    MSRP - 39,795 - I know the residual is 54%.
    THe dealer invoice is $37,445
  • Options
    amycatramboneamycatrambone Member Posts: 1
    Just leased in S. Jersey relatively the same vehicle stated for $379 for 39 mos. $5000 down but I had a trade so no out of pocket. Car has tons of extras.
  • Options
    aar1965aar1965 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for the current lease rate and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acadia SLT2 with 15,000 miles/year. Thanks!
  • Options
    texasmarktexasmark Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Here in N Texas GMC is advertising a $339 monthly payment on a 2011 Arcadia SL with MSRP of $32,615. 39 month lease 39k miles and $1,969 down.

Are the GMC advertised leases a good deal?
    I negotiated a price lower $1300 lower than MSRP, will that lower the payment or used to lower the downpament?
    Is there any additional money ($2,000 rebate) that will be available to apply to lower the payment?

Thanks

Mark
  • Options
    I'd be happy to j27. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 GMC Acadia SLE AWD that has an MSRP of $39,795 and a selling price of $37,445 through Ally right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $484.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    brujan14brujan14 Member Posts: 3
    CarMan -

How do we get a listing of current lease rates? We are in San Diego, looking at an SLT2 Acadia - list price $43155. Would like to know rates for 12K/36mo, 12K/39mo. Based on the other postings, I would expect a residual at or above 50% (we've been told 49%) and a money factor equivalent to 2.45%. Is the rebate on a lease $2000? We were told $1250...

thanks -
  • Options
    acadianycacadianyc Member Posts: 2
    This forum has been incredibly helpful in considering my lease options for an Acadia Denali AWD in NYC. I have a few oddities that have come up in my negotiations that I'd like feedback on. Here is the car:

2011 Acadia Denali AWD
    Nav, Entertainment
    Carbon black paint
    MSRP 49,525
    Leasing for 39 months
    12k miles/year

1) Invoice price - the MSRP is 49,525. Edmunds and KBB say the invoice price is $46,876 (Edmunds slightly higher, but diff is incorrect destination charge). Dealers I have spoken with claim the invoice price is 47,571 - one even offered to send me the dealer sheet that shows that. Which one is correct and what is the difference?
    2) Cash back - GMC (calling the HQ sales # on the website) says that the 2,000 cash back offer applies to any lease I would get as well. Two dealers I have been working with say that this is incorrect; that the 2,000 cash back applies only to purchases. They claim that the promo is effectively bundled into the promotional rates on leases. For example, my current best deal for this car is for $625/mo (incl. NYC taxes) and a $722 drive-off. The lease is through Ally, with a $1,000 lease rebate and a 0.30% lease rate for 39 months. Both dealers say the GMC HQ comment is just dead wrong, but it seems from reading prior discussions on this forum the cash back is generally available. What is the right answer here?
    3) I see a few people on this forum getting their cars for below invoice (even after deducting mfr cash back). How is this possible? Where are dealers getting their profit from then? Does invoice price not accurately reflect dealer cost?

Any near-term help would be greatly appreciated, as I am likely to move forward today or tomorrow. Thanks!
  • Options
    psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    Car_Man:

Can you please post the money factor and residual for a 12,000 mile per year, 36-month lease on a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali? I have a supplier discount so that should get my cap cost pretty low but I want to estimate my payments. Thanks.
  • Options
    jdiesel77jdiesel77 Member Posts: 19
    hey. i just leased essentially the same car. 49525 msrp denali in NJ. i am paying 581 a month with 1301 out of pocket which included my 1st months payment and my dmv fees. i also thought i would get 2k cash back but only got 1k for the lease, which is also 39 months and 12k miles. hope this helps.
  • Options
    Wow - that's a great deal. What was the cap cost you paid? That's pretty much exactly the car I'm looking to get too and I'm in NJ.
  • Options
    i didnt pay any cap cost. i had to order mine in feb bc they didnt have the combo i wanted( black with beige interior). took about 4 weeks to come in. i may have just gotten lucky. i tried the negotiation route from these forums. i found out the msrp, and all fees, rates , residual etc, and plugged the numbers into a lease calculator spreadsheet that i made. i was still coming up with prices around 620/630. then one day in feb i saw an add in the NY post for some dealership ofrg the exact car i wanted for 499 a month ( not incl taxes and 1600 due at signing. so i called the guy up and said how much incl taxes and no cap cost? he came up with 591 a month with 1288 out of pocket which was 1st month and dmv fees. but i had to pick it up in long island that weekend. i wasnt ready to buy right then, so i called a dealer in nj to question how these prices were so different from the numbers i was coming up with. he said GM financial came out with new lease rates and residuals the day before. he said he could at least match that price and i asked if he could order one instead so i could have the car when i was ready int he color i want. he did, and when i picked the car up on saturday, ally's numbers were actually better. so im not sure if i got lucky or just a great deal, but it wasnt bc of my own negotiations...
  • Options
    Thx. I think you're misunderstanding the term "cap cost". All that means is the price you paid for the car. I know you said the MSRP was $49525 but what did you get them down to when you negotiated the price of the vehicle? And which dealership in NJ did you buy from? I'm going to try to get my dealership to give me a similar deal. I'm paying almost $700/month for my Yukon Denali now so if I can get under $600 for an Acadia Denali and pick up a few extra MPGs in the process, I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    sorry i thought u meant cap cost reduction. i got the car around invoice. in nj.
  • Options
    Would you mind posting the dealership you bought from? (you're allowed to list the name, city and state - just not the salesperson, telephone #, email address or other contact info).
  • Options
    to be honest, i dont mean to be rude, but i feel weird posting the dealership bc im not sure how they would feel that im posting their name and the price i paid on a web site. i will say the dealership is in central nj around the shore area. sorry to be vague. hope u understand..
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I understand. Would you be willing to send it to me via email? I added my email address to my profile so you can click on my name and it will show there. I'm also at the Jersey Shore so it could be a few different dealers. Also, there's nothing wrong with posting the dealership's name. You're potentially sending business their way so I don't think they'd mind. It's not like they look a loss by selling you the car at that price.
  • Options
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me the current lease rates and residuals for a 2011 SLT-1 or SLT-2? Looking to lease for 36 months with 15,000 miles. Must make a decision soon as my current lease is up next week.

Thanks!
  • Options
    acadianycacadianyc Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate the insight
  • Options
    sand529sand529 Member Posts: 45
    USBank for 12k miles 39 months

.00015 MF
    51% residual
  • Options
    evanbresevanbres Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in Central Jersey, and I'm looking at an Acadia SLT-2, with power moonroof factory installed. I've negotiated with the dealer to get selling price down from MSRP of $40243 to $37392, with $2349 total due up front (includes taxes, tags, 1st month's payment, etc), for a monthly payment of $499 for 39 months/12K. Does this seem reasonable? They are telling me that the vehicle price is below invoice, and they absolutely won't go any lower. I just made the final payment on my current lease ('08 Pilot) which is up at the end of April, so I'm not thrilled with paying for two cars for a month if I go with the Acadia now. However, I don't want to pass up this deal now and potentially get worse terms by waiting until late-April to renegotiate. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi brujan14. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT2 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.3% and 48%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

The $1,250 that you were told about is for leases through US Bank. US Bank's base lease rate for the aforementioned terms would be 0.36%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi acadianyc. The lease incentives that you were told by the dealers are correct. Whoever you spoke with at GM HQ was wrong. GM's normal consumer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, but there is special lease cash incentives that are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I'd be happy to help you out psywzrd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi aar1965. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 50%, respectively.

The lease rate would be exactly the same for the SLT2 AWD, but its residual value is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I really don't understand how you got this deal. I'm being quoted a price of $679/month for essentially the same car (granted it's for a 36-month lease at 12,000 miles per year instead of a 39-month lease but that still shouldn't make that big a difference). I really wish you would post your dealer info here to help myself and others out. It would be very useful to us in trying to secure a similar deal.
  • Options
    call morrissey in long island. tell them u saw the deal in the ny post for 499 a month last month..ask them how much it would be now.
  • Options
    Was that for the Acadia Denali? And was it for a 36month lease or 39month lease?
  • Options
    evanbresevanbres Member Posts: 2
    Signed a lease today for 39 months/12K on an SLT-1 Acadia with sunroof for $1810 down and $499 month. I had been quoted almost identical terms two weeks ago from another dealer but for $2349 down/$499 month (they told me this was as low as they'd go), so was very happy to save the $539 up front. Used Lester Glenn GMC in Toms River, NJ, and the experience was very pleasant and hassle-free. By far it was a better experience than the first dealer I had visited.
  • Options
    skimcoskimco Member Posts: 2
    Here is the supposed deal on the table for me....is it a good one? It's for a standard sle with three options: tri climate control, DVD system, heated seats....please respond because I am supposed to sign the papers in the next few days . Also tell me I there is any trickery goin on with this deal that any of you see or what I should look out for? If they say 15000 miles a year since it is a 39 month lease will I get 48750 miles for th whole term? Thanks for any help..here are the numbers

Residual – 49%
    Term – 39 months (15000) miles a year
    MSRP - $39,795
    Lease Price - $38,251.94
    Trade Allowance - $23,125
    Your Payoff - $20,177.24

Payment w/o Taxes - $406.389
    Payment w/ Taxes - $443.51
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, Car man. I was quoted a lease rate of 1.5% today by a local dealer. Is it legal/ethical for them to mark up the lease rate? Seems shady to me.
  • Options
    Car_man:

Can you please post the April lease rates (MF and residual) for both an SLT-2 and a Denali for 36-month leases and 39-month leases (both at 12,000 miles per year)? Also, I don't know if you can post this information (or if you even want to) but where do you obtain these rates? I'd like to be able to get these rates myself without having to request them here. It would sure help to cut down on the amount of time involved in shopping around. Is there an online resource for obtaining current lease rates or do you simply have access to that type of info through edmunds?
  • Options
    jseinfeldjseinfeld Member Posts: 18
    Hi all,

How is this for a deal?

Acadia SLE - no other options

Residual – 51%
    Term – 39 months (12000 miles a year)
    MSRP - $37490
    Lease Price - $33937 + DMV
    Interest: 0.3%
    Lease price (incl. tax): $447

Also, does anyone have a good lease calculator? When I run this through whatever lease calculators are online, e.g., http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm, I get $413/month. But the salesman told me the ones online are wrong and that whatever software they use gives them the correct amount. I also ran it through http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html, which tells you the mathematical formula, and I got the same result. Anyone have any any possible explanations?

Thanks all, in advance.
  • Options
    delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    jseinfeld,

Online lease calculators are extraordinarily simplistic and aren't programmed to account for such items as capitalized taxes, capitalized first payment, etc. You haven't provided enough details such as...

(1) Amounts capitalized, if any. This could include doc fee, acquisition fee, taxes, negative equity, etc
    (2) Cap reduction (Cash, Trade equity)
    (2) Your state- different states compute sales tax differently

Lease calculations can be quite complex depending upon how the lease is structured. I suggest you ask the dealer for a copy of their lease worksheet so that you have all the relevant data. The worksheet is a computer generated document that provides detail on how the lease is structured. Every dealer is required to submit their lease worksheet, as well as the lease contract, to the fund provider. So, don't let them act as though they don't know what it is because they most definitely do. I usually don't have any trouble getting them except, on occasion, from Toyota Dealers.

If you have accurate data (to the penny- ballpark doesn't cut it) such as sell price, amounts financed, cap reductions, etc, I'll be happy to run the numbers using a program that I created in both Excel and Mathematica which, by the way, is spot on and capable of computing any type of lease regardless of how it is structured. I've actually caught dealers from NJ, NY, and Ohio erroneously computing sales tax as well as lease payments. They don't seem to be inclined to do anything about the flawed software they're using but did agree to compensate my clients. No, I'm not an attorney. I'm a semi-retired mathematics professor and actuary interested in helping people with leases.

All the Best,

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • Options
    Professor,

Thank you for your reply. I told them not to include the doc fee or the acquisition fee in the lease amount, but perhaps they have. I will check again. The difference between what I got and they did is $30/month, which comes out to about a $1200 over the life of the lease, so perhaps that is it. The $447 figure I got includes taxes.

The cap reduction would lower my lease amount, so that can't be it.

I am in NJ, which has a 7% sales tax, and I verified that that is what he was using as well.

Here are all the numbers I have:

MSRP: 37,490
    Lease Price: 33,937
    Residual: 51%
    Money Factor: .3% (which I think is .000125 MF)
    Lease Term: 39 months
    NJ Sales Tax: 7%

Using all that, I got a monthly price of $412.62. Dealer got $447.

Please let me know if that computes.

Thank you again.
  • Options
    jseinfeld,

Actually, I got $413.83 (including tax) which is close to your calculation and is based on the data you provided. I'm assuming no capitalized amounts and no cap reductions and that the $33,937 lease price means the same thing as selling price.

NJ computes the tax base as the sum of the taxable payments. Your taxable payment is $386.63 and the sales tax is computed as follows...

0.07 x 39 x 386.63 = $1,055.50

You can pay this upfront or capitalize it. It looks as though the dealer may have capped it which is what I did.

Apparently, the dealer must be capping other items as well to the tune of about $2,343. The doc fee is about $250 and Ally Bank's acquistion fee is $795, plus tax is about $240 short of $2,343. The best way to remedy this is to get a copy of their lease worksheet. Also, Ally Bank (GMAC) uses an interest rate and not a money factor. Hence, the 0.3% lease rate.

John
  • Options
    You're welcome aar1965. General Motors is actually running three different lease programs right now. One is through Ally (the one that I mentioned in my previous post), one through GM Financial (formerly known as Ameriacredit), and one through US Bank. Confusing huh? It's possible that the bank that the dealer quoted you the program for has different rates than the Ally rates that I mentioned. It theoretically could be to your advantage to lease with a higher lease rate if the bank has better residual values or more lease cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for psywzrd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali SLT2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 52%, respectively.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any reliable source that provides information on this subject to the general public.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 39-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    It looks like you were right. They were including an $850 doc fee in there. When that's removed, the lease price goes down $417, which is close to the $413 you calculated out.

I'll have to talk to them about Ally's acquisition fee, and whether it should be $795 versus $850.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    jseinfeld,

An acquistion fee is different from a dealer doc fee. The fund provider charges an acquisition fee (ally (GMAC) $795). The dealer charges a negotiable doc fee. In NJ, it should be no more than $275. Do not let the dealer charge you an $850 doc fee as that's outrageous!

John
  • Options
    ssman1ssman1 Member Posts: 1
    Car man and anyone else,

2011 acadia SL

whaddaya think:

MSRP 35,145
    sale price 33,876 (includes acq, destination and doc)
    term 39 months
    miles 12k
    residual 18,275
    rate 3%
    monthy payment 405
    0 down

1) i haven't done any negotiating yet, any room here?
    2) any incentives i can take advantage of?
  • Options
    tool3tool3 Member Posts: 3
    Carman -- i just want to know if i receive a great deal, good deal or bad deal.
    Acadia SLT 1 - AWD - MSRP 42,300
    15k miles per year
    39 month
    $500 total out of pocket
    $540/month (includes taxes)
    New Jersey
  • Options
    jlbwind1jlbwind1 Member Posts: 4
    what dealership in new jersey? that seems like a good deal
  • Options
    erica12673erica12673 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I went to the dealer today and was looking at a loaded 2011 SLT2 (just under the denali). MRSP is 48000.00, but they have like 5000.00 in rebates bringing the amount to around to 43000, but when you factor in taxes, dealers fees, etc its back to around 47000

The salesman came back to me with this offer:

39 month/12k lease for 550.00 per month with 5000.00 down!

Am I wrong to think that I shouldn't be putting that much down? 550 a month sounds about right....but 5000 down in addition? Seems like he is trying to take advantage of my car ignorance:) The car has a resisidual value is 20,500.

***Plus, this car has 4500 miles on it and was a demo...they are only able to lease it as a new car b/c it was never tagged or titled..

PLEASE ADVISE!!! Thank you:)
  • Options
    Hi ssman1. The truck that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $1,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck and there's a total of around $2,700 to play with during your negotiations. The $1,269 discount that you were quoted leaves a little room to negotiate. It wouldn't hurt to shop around a little.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello tool3. It would be easier to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    broker100kbroker100k Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    $45475 msrp
    $43593 selling price (everything included)
    $573 out of pocket (they said this is first months payment)
    $573 a month payment (taxes included)
    39 month lease 12k a year

Car man, you help is appreciated!
  • Options
    Hi broker100k. This truck has around a $2,100 spread between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck to that and you're looking at around $3,100. It looks like you're at around $1,200 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, you might be able to beat this deal by a couple hundred dollars.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    washhomeownerwashhomeowner Member Posts: 1
    2011 ACADIA SL
    msrp $35,240
    $0 DOWN
    12,000 MILES/YEAR
    39 month lease
    quoted $461/month
    UPSTATE NY
    CAR MAN IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR SHOULD I SHOP AROUND OR WAIT FOR NEXT MONTHS LEASE DEALS?
This discussion has been closed.