Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• mig42mig42 Posts: 13
    forgot to add

Money Factor is .00260
    Residual is 62%

and I've just been told the invoice is $31, 751
  • Hi mig42. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this vehicle's current lease program is like. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 63%, respectively. Residual values are always based upon a percentage of vehicles' full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any factory-installed options.

You will have better luck getting information on what this truck's CD player, leather, etc. are like by hopping on over to the "2008 GMC Acadia".

On an unrelated note, I saw one on the road yesterday and it looked really nice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey antney79. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with GMAC's current program for this model. That is a good thing. Now let's take a look at its selling price. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This is almost the exact discount that you are being given, which means that this is a good selling price. If you currently own or are leasing a GM vehicle, you are eligible for a special $500 owner loyalty cash incentive. Make sure to take that into account if you are eligible for it.

Despite the fact that all of the negotiable aspects of this deal look great, the monthly payment looks too high. I just used the numbers that you mentioned in your post and I came up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $527. You definitely need to get together with the dealer to see why the payment that they quoted you is so much higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bkg223. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with GMAC's lease program for this truck. Furthermore, its selling price should be good as well if you are getting it through GM's supplier purchase program. I suspect that this is an excellent deal, but I would be happy to double check that the payment is correct for you if you provide me with its selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ralora. I can provide you with the information that you are looking for. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 6.25% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Raul. I am not aware of any resource that provides information on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public. However, I can assure that the lease rate that I mentioned is correct. If the dealer that you are working with quoted you a higher rate than this, they are trying to mark your truck's rate up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. I suggest that you try comparison shopping with another dealer or two in your area. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a dealer who is willing lease you an Acadia using GMAC's base rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • cvlavcvlav Posts: 6
    I have just started shopping for a lease on a 2008 Acadia SLE

Here are the details:

MSRP: $33,580.00
    Invoice $31,988.58 (which includes a charge for "Advert/Adjustments of 656.90/is this waivable or is it imposed/mandated by GMAC)
    Vehicle Price: $32,200
    Rebates serving as s cash down $1,500
    Net cost of Vehicle les rebates: $30,700
    Rate: 6.25%
    Residual Factor: 62
    Net Residual Value 20,819.60
    Security deposit: $475 (is this discretionary with dealer or mandated by GMAC)
    Administration Fee: $695 (is this discretionary with dealer or mandated by GMAC)

0 down with all fees and sales taxes rolled into monthly payment

MOnthly Payments - $455.69

Extra Options for this 2008 Acadia SLE:

PCM- Preferred Package
    PDD - COnvenience Package
    XA7- Windshield Washer Fluid System , heated

In addition to answering the questions as to the waivablity by dealer of Admin fee, security deposit and Advert/adjust fee, is this a good deal?
  • antney79antney79 Posts: 3
    Car Man, you replied to my post previous. Can you verify the below information is the correct way of coming up with a lease payment? If it is, how do I convey that to the dealership that this is where the price needs to be?

2008 Acadia- SLT2 FWD (Nav, Rear DVD, Sun Roof, HID and HUD)
    1. Sticker Price of the car + options $42,765.00
    2. Times the residual value percentage X .52%
    3. Equals the residual value = $22,237.80
    4. Invoice price of car minus incentives (net capitalized cost) $39,756.00
    5. Minus the residual (From line 3) - $22,237.80
    6. Equals the depreciation over 36 months = $ 17,518.20
    7. Depreciation (Line 6) divided by term in months ÷ 48
    8. Equals the monthly depreciation payment = $ 364.97
    9. Net capitalized cost (From line 4) $39,756.00
    10. Plus the residual (From line 3) + $22,237.80
    11. Equals = $61,993.80
    12. Times the money factor X .0026041
    13. Equals money factor payment portion = $ 161.44
    14. Monthly depreciation payment (from line 8) $ 364.97
    15. Plus money factor payment portion (from line 12) + $ 161.44
    16. Equals bottom-line monthly lease payment = $ 526.41

Dupage (7.25%) Sales tax added- 526.41*.0725=38.17
    Total payment with taxes is= $564.58
    See my post below which has a monthly payment of a bit more with an MSRP of a bit less

What dealership gave you this price quote in the NJ area?
  • raloraralora Miramar, FLPosts: 188
    Car_man, thanks for your reply and info. I'm looking at 36 or 39 mo. lease w/ 15k so the 60% residual matches what the dealers have been telling me. The problem is on the rate. I've called four dealers and they are all telling me the rate is 8% & they are all showing me this from the incentives list at cars.com. My dilema is how can I show or prove them the 6.25 instead of the 8 they are all telling me? I understand there is also dealer fee and/or document fee, could you tell me from experience around how much this should be? And last, does GMAC requires a deposit on all leases and if so around how much?

Thanks ahead,
    RL
    Car_man,

Anything on this?

Thanks,
    RL
    Any response to my prior post of 4/11/08...pleae advise

Thanks
    Did you ever consumate this deal...if so how much was the invoice and/or sales price
  • mstellermsteller Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I too cannot find a dealership in my local area (I have contacted 4) who will extend a lease rate of less than 8% to any customer. What would you advise?
  • Hi ralora. I am absolutely positive that GMAC's base lease rate on the 2008 GMC Acadia is currently 6.25%. This is one of GM's most popular vehicles, so it is not surprising that dealers are trying to mark up its lease rate. If you comparison shop with a few dealers, you should be able to find one that is willing to let you use this truck's base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment. If not, then this is what you will have to pay to lease one in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, I've contacted every possible dealer I could in my area and they all came out with 8% instead of the 6.25%. In addition a family member ordered the leasewise report from carbargains.com, which is a service we have used for the past 10 years with great results, and all the dealers quoted at 8% based on GMAC's base lease rates. The residual also came out at 60% instead of 62%. This will put a base Acadia w/o any options priced at invoice with a $500 doc fee & Adv. fee of $550 (1.5% of MSRP w/o Freight) right at $621/mo on a 36/15 lease. Any other suggestions? What do I need to do in order to get the 6.25% rate & 62% rv in writing?
    Dear Car Man...can you please answer my priro inquiry of 4/11/08
    Thanks
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Posts: 115
    I'm not "CAR_MAN" but it is pretty obvios that you can't take the 36 month residual and use it on a GM SMART BUY 48 month term. You should be looking for a 48 month residual that would be #2 on your equation. You are using 36 month residual then dividing it by 48 month term. Not gonna work. Why do you want to lease for 48 months anyway?
  • Hi ralora. Unless there is some regional variation in GMAC's lease program that I am unaware of, which is unlikely, the dealers that you are working with are taking advantage of the fact that the Acadia is one of the few "hot" vehicles that General Motors has right now and they are attempting to mark your truck's base lease rate up to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing is perfectly legal and it happens quite often on popular vehicles. If you can't find a single dealer in your area to use the base rate, that's just what the market dictates right now and there probably isn't much that you can do about it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man for all the info you've provided me. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but you're right the market I'm at is simply dictating this practice not only on this vehicle but on an all of the other vehicles I've looked at lately. I've changed my mind from a crossover/suv back to a sedan and I'm currently looking at the Infiniti G35 which seems to be a somewhat slower selling vehicle with a very high residual value, thus making it very attractive for lease purposes.

RL
  • I just left the dealer where I got the price( $39,500), residual (60%) and lease rate (6.25) all with no haggling (SLT2/AWD & a few options) bringing the MSRP to $41,185. I used the Edmunds calculator and the manual system (like antney79 above) and figured the 36mo/45k lease to be ~$627.00.

So why do they whip out their calculation and it says $680.00? What is the dealer or GM doing to inflate the figure by $50 a month or $1800 for the lease term?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • You're very welcome, ralora. You're not alone in your switch from an SUV to a sedan. With gas prices at over four bucks per gallon myself and a million other people are doing the same thing. The G35 Sedan is a nice car. You'll like it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I just left the dealership and was offered the following lease options on a 2008 GMC Acadia. Can you (or anyone else) tell me if this is a good deal? I pulled this info off the invoice that the salesman gave me.

FWD SLT-1
    Summit White
    ACX Hit the road package
    E61 Power liftgate
    FE9 50-state emissions
    LY7 3.6L VVT Vg Engine
    MY9 6 speed transmission
    PDD Conv Package remote start, rear parking assist
    PDM Cargo shade & Cardo net
    U42 Entertainment system
    VK3 front license plate bracket

Total Model & options 34,647.88 plus destination charge 1,135.20 plus advertising charges 378.40 for total invoice of $36,161.48.

Dealer offered me a purchase price of $34,500 including all incentives, etc.

The 36 month 15K lease payment is 461.92, 39 month 15K lease payment is 452.56. This includes $3,500 for my trade in of a 2001 Ford Expedition with 130,000 miles on it.

Without the trade in the payments would be 561.59 for 39 months and 578.71 for 36 months.

I questioned the dealer about the lease rate factor and didn't get a straight answer.

Is this a good deal?

A response ASAP would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Katwhite
  • disney2disney2 Posts: 25
    2008 acadia slt-1 awd
    dvd
    power lift gate
    sunroof
    moonroof
    19 inch tires

msrp 42095
    paid 39750 including 750 rebate

39 mo lease 12k miles

$529 per mo tax in payments
    drive away: $529 (first mo), $550 refundable sec dep, mv ($350), $650 "delivery"
  • Congratulations on getting your new Acadia, disney2. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • vmoorevmoore Posts: 7
    My dealer just informed me that GMC is no longer offering leases on the 08 Acadias. My research shows that this applies to all GMC dealers and not just my local guy.
    Car_Man, if I opt to lease through a bank, what should I expect the residual value and money factors to be for a 2008 SLT1 AWD?
    Thanks for the help.
  • Hi vmoore. What you were told is correct. GMAC was offering a lease program with an unattractive 8.25% interest rate earlier this month, but it pulled the plug on it when it introduced the Employee Pricing promotion. That means if you want to lease an Acadia right now, you will have to do so through an independent bank. The problem is that many major independent banks have exited the leasing business lately. I'm not even sure that you will be able to find one that is willing to lease you an Acadia right now. If there is one, your dealer will probably know about it. Unfortunately, I do not personally keep tabs on non-captive lease programs so I don't know what an independent bank's numbers would look like for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • is there any way i can get out of my lease on an 07 acadia im not happy with the vehicle.can i trade it in at another car company.i leased at kristal automall in brooklyn ny and they said icant get out of the lease that it would ruin my credit.i feel the vehicle is a lemon.they also said that if i turned it in before the lease was up it would be like a voluntary repo but i would still have to pay for the vehicle.please help me with this.thanks :cry:
  • Hi chaos42. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. You definitely just can't return your car and walk away from it. Doing so would indeed ruin your credit.

In order to get out of your lease early, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.