Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• Options
    whatever1whatever1 Member Posts: 7
    You got me. Our D does not have it, and I've never had it either. Don't have a clue as to how it works. Maybe if someone reads this, they can enlighten me. For instance, if I was cold, could I have the heat on, on my side, while my wife was hot, have the ac on, on her side. How would this work. Are there actually 2 heat coils and 2 ac coils under there, or is there just a divider that partitions it in half. How effective would that be. Fan blowing out at your feet, but then it would mix at shoulder or head level. Is it all that effective. I didn't care if we got it or not, but she wanted it, cause there have been times she would want it different than me, I would even have the fresh air vent open to the outside in the van. Maybe someone who reads this who has had it on one of their other autos, can shed some light. If it can be done, from what we looked at, I think we probably will have to order it to get it the way we want. I would like to go through Costco, but they don't even have all the options listed out yet, so you could pick or not pick something. Going to call them to see when they will update that section on the RDV.
  • Options
    tonychrystonychrys Member Posts: 1,310
    On most GM vehicles (including the Aztek / RDZ) it is simply two sets of ducts that allow individual hot/cold air flow plenum control.

A/C is on all the time when needed (can be overridden), you're simply using it to dehumdify the air and then reheating it when necessary in the case when one person is cold and another is hot. One thing to remember is that I believe the RDZ is not auto-climate control.

However, the dual climate control on the Jeep GCL is pretty cool because it is a fully auto system with dual infra-red sensors that monitiors the driver's and passengers surrounding air temperatures, and makes auto adjustments as necessary.
  • Options
    buzzbo99buzzbo99 Member Posts: 111
    Your HVAC is controlled through dampers in the dashboard anyway. In dual climate control the passenger controls how much air comes through their vents. In other words the cold air may be blowing heavily on one side but not the other. Since heat is nothing but engine coolant flowing through a radiator I can see how one side could actually get heat while the other got AC through the use of vacuum controlled dampers. I can tell you my wife's 98 Regal GS has it and my Rendezvous has it and we love it. (I am hot natured and she is cold natured.)
  • Options
    warrenw48warrenw48 Member Posts: 21
    I checked out the Rondy Saturday and I noticed that to access the third row you have the exact same setup that my Van has. And it is not very convenient. My suggestion is the to get the second row captain seats. It makes the third row much more convenient and usable. The Rondy seems like a very good buy.Alot of the value for the money.
  • Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    The CD/Cassette has the same 8 speaker system as the 6 disc changer. The only difference is the 6 disc changer has no cassette player.

I don't think you get to choose tires...every RDV I have seen had the Firestones.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'm sure we'll like it because my wife often wants me to turn down the A/C.
  • Options
    cwjacobsencwjacobsen Member Posts: 293
    Hi all,

Buzzbo - Hey congratulations man you finally got it and I'm glad there's no remorse. By the way, I'm 49 so I guess we're the old men on this board, though I prefer "the voices of experience and reason."

Tony - Congratulations to you too. I also have my issues about the Firestones on which I'll expand below.

For those trying to put leather on a CX. R5 has suggested getting after-market leather. Good idea. But I also remember someone posting that aftermarket installers didn't want to touch the Rendezvous for fear of messing up or setting off the side air bags that are built into the front seats. So my advice since this is a new model with which the aftermarket people might not be familiar is to make 100% certain that they know about the side air bags and still want to do the job before you order the vehicle and find out that they won't touch it after you've taken delivery.

bjk - The reason the AWD's are priced the same for both the CX and CXL is that you have to select one of the CXL option packages in order to buy one. This brings the price up from $28,027 to $31,652 for a base CXL. Perhaps 20% of all the posts on this topic have dealt with the contradictions and changing package contents among both the websites and also Buick itself. I don't think anyone can or wants to try to reconstruct all of that, so please review and reread. In my opinion, the most credible website is caranddriver.com. (I think R5 turned me on to this site originally). Go there and build your vehicle various ways and compare invoice prices and MSRP. This site won't let you build the vehicle "incorrectly" and clearly illustrates whats included and excluded with each choice you make. Is it 100% correct? Who knows. But it's better than the others. As far as asking us questions about "leather trim with cloth inserts," do yourself a favor and go to your dealer to get a brochure. It has a nice picture on page 42. Good luck.

Tires - Now for the rant. #1 Firestone Affinity - I'd like to hear Tony expand on the subject, but regardless of whether or not the tire is any good, who wants the latest PR problem installed on his vehicle. A very good friend of mine who is an executive at our local Goodrich plant confided to me some time ago that Firestone would someday have a scandal on their hands because of relentless cost cutting in their tire designs and shoddy build quality on top of that. Well now we have one. #2 Luxury Package - In spite of its name, the Luxury package on the CXL (1SE) actually includes only a very few items for the extra money it costs, and to rub salt in the wound, that package as far as I can tell actually costs more than those items ordered separately. Among them are chrome rims and uprated tires. Now I'm hearing the chrome rim on hold story again, and Brian says he saw Firestone Affinity's on a CXL with the Luxury package. This may sound silly, and perhaps the Firestone Affinitys are just as good a tire as the Uniroyal Touring SR's that I've seen installed on other Rendezvous's with the luxury package, but if the package you're buying supposedly includes different tires, don't you think the tires ought to be different? #3 What are these tires really - Perhaps the most interesting thing about the tire saga is what you find out when you visit the Firestone and Uniroyal web sites. Go to Firestone and bring up the Affinity. Now look for the Rendezvous' tire size. You won't find it. OK, now go over to Uniroyal and look for the Touring SR. Can't find it? Then bring up the Touring TR and look for the Rendezvous' tire size. You'll find that it's a special "orignial equipment" specification. So Uniroyal did something to design the itre down from a "T" to an "S" rating and Firestone is making Affinitys in a non-standard size to fit the Rendezvous with who knows what other modifications, if any. Hardly gives me any cause to sleep well with either tire. I scribbled rants #4 and #5 since this post got to be entirely too long.

Anyone having actually taken delivery on a Rendezvous CXL with the luxury package (1SE), please let me know what you received in both rims and tires. thanks, All.

CWJ
  • Options
    bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    Guys & Gals:

Looks like AWD CXL is a better buy if you want Leather and 3rd seat. Plus you get Dual Climate control and .....
    Question 1: How does RDV's AWD work? Is it full time AWD or part time on demand? How about the extra hardware reliability and maintenance? Does it mean more $$$ to keep it up? Never owned a AWD or 4WD before I have limited knowledge (could be dangeous). Can some one give some more information regarding this AWD? I am in So Calif. no snow, very little rain here in winter.
    Q 2. Maybe I get caught in the this so called Engine power thingy too. I just came back a camping trip last night. 2 adults and 2 teens with all the sleeping bags, tent, ice chest ... On our way home, my 93 Villager with 3.0L V6 150 HP rating (with 173k miles on it) had a hard time to get up the Interstate 5 at Grapevine area. Speed dropped from 75->70->65->60->55->... I almost had to change to the right side lane. Since RDV has 35 more hp to my Villager. I think it will be ok. Just wondering has anyone taken full load of people and take a steep hill up?
    Q 3. Has anyone ordered a running board? I can't find it anywhere? Does Buick offer factory running board or side step tube?
    Q 4. Towing package: Does towing package come with trailer hitch? Web site only list heavy duty oil and tran cooler and hardness no hitch. I think fedlawman posted some posts ago that he doesn't seem to find a place for hitch. How will I tow anything with just hardness without hitch, using bungee cord or I have to get aftermarket hitch? Not that I have anything to tow now but could be handy to go camping and tow a jetski.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    boondocksboondocks Member Posts: 57
    I can't seem to get myself a PIN number. I registered in two different places at the website several weeks ago, and nothing. I tried calling Buick today, and I wasn't in their system. The guy said register again and I might get a number. Might. Wouldn't give me one over the phone.

What are the complete benefits of the pre-sell program? I've heard lower interest rate, anything else? For those who ordered through the program, was there much bargaining room as far as features, or were you stuck with one of the packages? For example, I need those captain's chairs, and they aren't part of any of the pre-sell packages.
  • Options
    Please get a brochure and also check out the Buick web site. The reason there is no running boards option is that there's no need for them because of the vehicle's low step in height.
  • Options
    buzzbo99buzzbo99 Member Posts: 111
    The Rendezvous has such a low step in hight, running boards would be just for show so it may be a while before you see them. The towing package does not come with a hitch. My dealer has one on order. I will let you know about it when it gets here.
  • Options
    bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    Thanks guys:

cwj: I ordered the RDV brochure thru GM website.

buzzbo: Let me know about your dealer installed hitch. How much extra do you have to pay on top of towing package?
  • Options
    bymclaughbymclaugh Member Posts: 103
    Just FYI, we have the CXL with the luxury package and we got the Uniroyal tires and the chrome rims.

BY
  • Options
    marzal13marzal13 Member Posts: 2
    IF YOU HAVE A 2WD 2002 BUICK RENDEVZVOUS WITH A VERSATILITY PACKAGE HOW MUCH DID YOU GET IT FOR AND IF YOU PAID IT A LIL OVER INVOICE HOW MUCH YOU GOT IT AND CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIL TIP ON NEGOTIATING
  • Options
    The AWD on the RDV is the versatrak system, and it is part time AWD. In essence, you run in front wheel drive until the vehicle detects slip on the front wheels, at which point it transfers some power to the rear wheels. So far, in practice, ours works great. I've tried it in some loose sand, and it handled that well, and its done well on our gravel road. I can "punch it" and get very little to no noticable wheel spin before it transfers the power to the rear wheels. And for us, the AWD drive was very important because we live a bit off the beaten path, and after a good snow, it can be a couple of days before we get plowed out.

As for extra maintenance costs, that potential is there as it is another level of complexity in the system, but I've not heard of any problems with this system so far. However, I believe the only other vehicle its on in the Aztek, so there really aren't any long term reliability numbers yet. Any body heard of any problems? Any of you Aztek lurkers know of any?

BY
  • Options
    I knew that you had received the chromes and Uniroyals from your previous postings and photos, but I thank you for your kind response. Does your wife still get the highway vibration at speed about which you complained earlier? I seem to recall that it was very road surface specific.

CWJ
  • Options
    mmeehanmmeehan Member Posts: 66
    If you want the Uniroyals on the CX you MUST request them when you order (CXL's I don't know about)otherwise you'll end up with the Firestones. If you find a generous dealer, they may change them out for you when the vehicle arrives, but to be on the safe side, to order them up front is the way to go.
  • Options
    My Rendezvous was ordered some weeks ago. Its a CXL Luxury package so it should automatically come with the chrome rims and optional "touring" tires. These latter appear to be the Uniroyal Touring SR's, which I believe you've specifically requested.

Everything else from the CX on up through the CXL Versatility package appears to come with the Firestone Affinity's. I've only become concerned with the most recent group of postings where one poster suggested that Buick was shipping out luxury package CXL's with the alloy rather than chrome rims, and where Brian (aka "Fedlawman") said he had seen one or more luxury package CXL's with the Firestone tires. Obviously, I can neither confirm nor deny these comments so I'm searching for others who have taken delivery on luxury package CXL's to ask what they've received. Unfortunately (for me only), I think nearly all of my fellow pre-orderers other than BY have opted for versatility package CXL's.

CWJ
  • Options
    john325john325 Member Posts: 237
    Okay, I'm getting closer to ordering. Can someone tell me if they've seen Pewter w/ Dark Bronzemist cladding? What's the best look, if there is a "best look" (re: cladding) for the Pewter color?

Also, mmeehan wasn't sure about getting Uniroyals on a CXL; does anyone know if they come on the CXL w/ versatility Pkg., or do you need to ask for them? If you do need to ask for them, what's the cost differential, if any?

Hey Ra1der5, isn't that what you have? Pewter CXL w/ versatility? - If so, what cladding did you go with? Do you know about the tires? Thanks again for your help.

John B.
  • Options
    Read the post just prior to yours. Versatility package CXL's get the Firestone Affinity's. You're in luck on the Dark Bronze Mist because that's a standard, and popular, GM color, at least for Pontiacs. Stop by a Pontiac dealer and I'll almost guarantee you that they've got at least one Dark Bronze Mist car on the lot.

CWJ
  • Options
    ra1der5ra1der5 Member Posts: 86
    John,

Ours is a white CXL with light sandrift lower cladding. We also chose the versatility package and added the trailer/tow... not that we are going to tow anything, I just wanted the added protection the tow package gives engine.

R5
  • Options
    Pewter may be the nicest colour available and it looks great with both Dark Bronzemist and Greymist. One of the two models I saw in Bellevue was Pewter/Bronzemist and I liked it very much. It looked very "upscale".

If it wasn't for my current car being Seattle Silver (identicle to Pewter), I definately would have gone with the Pewter.
  • Options
    cwj/r5: Thanks for your help again; I actually reviewed about 100 posts and figured I Had (r5) your colors confused. I'll take cwj's advice & check out the bronzemist on some other gm/pontiac cars.

Boondocks: I can feel your pain re: your "Pre-sell program frustrations". As Bertoli said quite a while ago, we may not be able to participate in the program; there was a pre-designated list of folks that received info via mail or internet; seems they're the only ones that can participate, unless...

Ire: Lance, tell me/us, when you got involved in the pre-sell program & made your purchase, had you already been "pre-designated" for the program? i.e, Were you already signed up w/ a PIN number. I know you mentioned the fact that no dealer had the car you wanted, and there were none in-transit. Was this the "loophole" that got you in the program??? I'm grasping for an angle - I'm sure boondocks is as well. - - If worst comes to worst, I'll have to do like Bertoli said long ago and negotiate a good/great deal without the program. Thanks for any help you can provide.

John B.
  • Options
    Just a note on the dual zone HVAC system in the RDV after reading some of the latest posts. From experience with ours, the RDV system does not actually seem to be a dual zone automatic climate control, like the one in our Bonneville (which is great, BTW) In the Bonneville, the driver and passenger can both set their own temperature, and the temperature feedback sensors are then used to adjust the air flow and temp automatically of the driver side and passenger side vents. This way, both get to set their own desired temp, and the HVAC system takes care of the rest automatically.

In the RDV however, the passenger can't actually set their own desired temperature. Instead, what you get is a gauge showing whether the passenger temp is offset higher or lower than the driver's set temperature. So, in essence, only the driver can set a temperature, and the passenger must then decide whether they want to be warmer than or colder than the driver. So, while it doesn't appear to be a true dual zone automatic climate control, it still works pretty good for us, as we both like it at different temps.

This then leads me to one of my little pet peeves with the RDV. Has anyone else noticed that the two center vents on the RDV are a little too limited in range of motion? I can never seem to get them pointed exactly the way I want them, as they just don't move enough side to side for me.
    (I tend to like having the air blowing on me, and I just can't quite get it set right with those center vents.)

BY
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    This time it is a Pewter (once again) Rendezvous CX FWD with only the Security Package. It lists for $26,970 and the invoice is $24,660.23. Their Internet Price is invoice exactly. Go here:

2002 Rendezvous CX FWD in Pewter

• Options
    I hope I'm not being too intrusive, but your answer only mentioned "Bronzemist" When you check out the Bronzemist cars, remember you're looking for DARK Bronzemist cars. They also make a LIGHT Bronzemist so please don't confuse the two.
  • Options
    chipperrrrrchipperrrrr Member Posts: 29
    Well, after many e-mails and trading cards from buick, I finally saw the Rendezvous. Is it me or is it just an Aztek with an AZZ.. Also, whats up with the body side cladding. I am amazed that GM pays their supposed engineers large salaries to come up with these vehicles. The Bravada is the only vehicle that even comes close to looking like an SUV. I*d also give the Envoy a B-. I can*t even begin to believe that Tiger Woods would be caught within 550 yards of the new Rendezvous. I wish that GM would give in and just ask the public to restyle their SUV*s. Or better yet, just copy the japanese automakers. I predict that the Rendezvous and the Aztek will share the same unfortunate fate.
  • Options
    Enjoy your Highlander when you finally get the FWD for which you're looking. But thank you for your sympathy. Please make sure you share your styling wisdom with the folks over on the Envoy board as well.

CWJ
  • Options
    cwj: Thanks for your caution re: looking at the right "dark" bronzemist. Did you think the dark bronzemist cladding looked better than with the graymist??

chipperrrr: We looked at the Highlander as well; we were going to get it until re realized there just wasn't enough space for family/friends/kids, etc... The 5 seating limit as well as the small cargo space just wouldn't have made it for us; We've looked at, and practically test drove just about everything out there. For us, and obviously most of the folks on this forum, the rendezvous is the "Best Choice", even w/ it's weaknesses, i.e., power, cladding, etc...

ire/boondocks: where are you guys? I need to hear, boondocks, if you had any luck at all today w/ the pre-sell program. Also Lance, I hope you're on the forum tonite & reply to my earlier post. Thanks.
  • Options
    I ordered the Dark Bronzemist for myself if that answers your question. It's almost a "metalic toast" color if that gives you any help. My wife saw a Bonneville in Dark Bronzemist at the Chicago Auto show, and was really impressed by what in her opinion was the depth and richness of the color. So remember that you're looking at entire vehicles in this color, not just lower body cladding. I would guess the perfect situation for you would be if you saw a Pewter car and a Dark Bronzemist car side by side and then used your imagination to put the two colors together for the effect they'd have on the Rendezvous. Me? I'm scr*w*d since Sedona Bronze is a 2002 color. Nothing on the lots to let me play the side by side game.

CWJ
  • Options
    bertolibertoli Member Posts: 49
    There's not much to add, except that after my wife noticed there were Firestones on our RDV when we picked it up it took a whole lot of talking by me and the dealership owner to convince her that the tires were not the same as those that were on the Explorer...

Justified or not Firestone has one heck of a PR problem at the moment and even if I don't think that every tire they make is a rolling accident waiting to happen, what husband in the world wants to give their wife another excuse/reason to carp at 'em. Sorry Firestone, I won't be buying a second set anytime soon.

On another note, when we first test drove our RDV both the wife and I noticed both front side doors made creaking noises as we drove around town but we didn't hear the noise at all on the highway. When we brought it to the service managers attention, he took it into the shop and siliconed inside the door panels, which took care of the problem. I just wanted to mention this in case someone else has a similar occurance.

We're still enjoying our RDV, though it looks like my wife and in-laws may be taking it on another long trip next week. This time from southwest FL to central IL, about 1200 miles one way. I'm glad I'll be to sitting that one out.

Tony
  • Options
    Actually, I'm not too concerned about the Firestones. I admit I'd prefer another brand and a higher grade tire (they look cheap to me), but I figure I'll replace them eventually anyway.

On a related topic, I was figuring the ratios out the other day (no more comparison shopping to keep me sharp) and I figure that I could go with a 235/65-16 and get the same rolling diameter with a wider, beefier tread. It should improve handling and add a little more muscle to the RDV's looks.

I must be getting anxious waiting for my RDV to arrive. In my mind, I've already re-painted the cladding and upgraded the tires. Please, let it arrive before I start thinking of mud flaps and bug shields, and what about underbody neon...
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your input on the colors. I'll most likely go w/ the Pewter w/Dark Bronzemist; I'm hoping to get things ordered by tomorrow. It all depends on how the negotiating goes. Hopefully I'll have good news to report.

John B.
  • Options
    huibregtsehuibregtse Member Posts: 24
    Comments on first 1800 miles with our Rendevzous (CX FWD, Black, tow, 6 disc, beige leather trim)...
    We had a full load of seven people a couple times. 3rd row passengers (one 12 y.o., one adult, 5'10'') were pleased with the amount of space. We needed two baby seats in the second row, also, which was a hassle because one had to be removed at each stop to allow second row to fold forward for third row access. Extremely difficult to get tethers to work for child seat in the third row (there is a single anchor behind the right third row seat, but it was impossible to access it with the black plastic "junk tray" back there).
    We love the steering wheel audio controls and the programmable driver preferences, and love the BLACK (but washed it four times so far). Longest drive was about 2 1/2 hours.. Very comfortable and beats the heck out of our old Mazda 626. We have the air pump, which isn't very powerful but was fine for swimming pool toys; I couldn't get any of the adapters to work with a bicycle tire... anyone else tried this? Small warning...the whole family has now been smacked by the doors as they swing back quite easily. We've learned to open them to their full open position and make sure they stay there before proceeding. Other small complaint is that rear window wiper is quite loud.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the positive real world report. I have not purchased yet, but I have been considering the captains chairs for the second row because I too have to have two carseats back there. Last night, though, I was considering the fact that the oldest would be out of his seat and into a booster (which doesn't require the same gymnastics to get it installed) in about a year or so. So now I'm thinking about going with the standard 50/50 seat. Could you elaborate on just how much of a pain in the rear it was to always have to move a carseat out of the way to access the third row?
  • Options
    I called Buick again today. Looks like I won't be getting a presell PIN this late in the game. Anyone here placing their order in the final hours?
  • Options
    When we were shuttling out one car seat from the second row for third row access we were aided by the fact that one of the car seats was not "up to code". That is, it didn't have a tether that hooked over the seat, so it was easy to undo the seatbelt and just slip it out. If both car seats were tethered down in the second row, it would be very difficult to quickly remove one. Come to think of it, it would be difficult to tether two in the first place, since the only way to tether the first one is to have the other second row seat folded down so you can get down there. I guess the only practical way to tether two and/or shuttle one out would be with the assistance of someone already seated in the third row. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    seg2seg2 Member Posts: 2
    We we very anxious to see the Rendezvous, having seen a lockup of it last summer in Florida. We then saw it at a local Auto Show during the winter. The dealers said that they would not be getting any in to test drive until May. We finally drove one early this month. I was quite disappointed. Yes, the front seat has all the comfort and all the gadgets that you need. What I did not like was the third seat. It was small, and to get into it, you have to flip one of the second row seats forward! I actually felt nauseous, while riding in the second row of seats. So much for using our GM card on this vehicle.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your RDV experiences...I am pretty hungry for real-world life with the RDV and everything I hear gets me more excited to receive mine.

You know, I really wanted to get black but my wife said no (she knows I would only clean it once a month, LOL).

Can you tell me more about the driver preferences? I have read about it but don't know what it is. Is it related to the programable remote entry (which I also know nothing about).

Was the noise of the rear wiper a moaning sound? The RDV I drove had a silent rear wiper, but my in-laws '98 Venture started moaning recently (and it's pretty noisy). It is not normal.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Buick's Rendezvous tantalizes

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • Options
    robsmithrobsmith Member Posts: 71
    I'm not aware of any SUV/Hybrid that has a 3rd row seat that doesn't fold/tumble forward. I have a '98 Landcruiser and it works the same way.

As for the size of the seats I thought the size and room was decent. Very comparable to my LC which supposedly can fit 3.

If you want easier access and larger 3rd row seats I think you will be looking at a mini-van.

I do agree that for everyday use the 3rd row seats access and size will probably wear on you but that goes for just about all SUV's. I truly beleive that 3rd row seats in SUV's are mostly intended for kids or occasional use by adults.
  • Options
    Many of the things you can program are related to entry and locks, like one push on the unlock remote opens either the driver door only/2nd push opens all doors, or else one push unlocks all at once. Also, if you don't like the way GM cars automatically lock the doors when you put the car in drive you can shut this off, too. You can also vary some things with the interior lights - like the delay time before they go off after the engine is turned off. The coolest thing, however, is the automatic recognition of the remote of "Driver 1" versus "Driver 2", so that when you unlock the doors with the driver 1 remote the driver seat moves to the memory position for driver 1. Although not related to the driver preferences, I also like the way you can program the garage door opener, doing away with that ugly accessory forever. Maybe these things are old hat to people who have had "luxury" cars before, but I'm still impressed with all this.
  • Options
    Do the memory seats/mirror come on a CXL w/ Versatility Pkg (1SD), or is this an add-on option?
  • Options
    lrelre Member Posts: 15
    John,

Sorry I haven't answered you. I've been occupied with the kids and in training at work (limited interet time). This may not be what you want to hear, but I got involved in the pre-sell program months ago. I looked for the RDV I wanted at local dealerships and went with the pre-sell program when I couldn't find one. Also, I don't need the car for another month or so because of a unique situation with my current vehicle which I won't get into. So waiting 6-8 weeks didn't bother me and allows me to earn more money on my GM card.

If you can't get a PIN# I would suggest contacting a credit union or seeing if you have access to the United Buying Service. I don't know where you live, but in the DC area the UBS dealer was the same dealer I placed my order with. I may have been able to save another $100 or $200 in hindsight.

As far as the color I chose, my wife and I liked the Pewter and Black colors the best. However, the first car I ever bought was the Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo in 1990 when it came out and I loved it, but it was such a pain to keep clean and hide any scratches. We decided on the Pewter with the Light Graymist. We liked the Gray leather interior better than the Oak and I think you get the Oak interior with the Bronzemist unless I'm mistaken. Hope this helps. I'll try to respond later tonight if you have other questions.

Lance
  • Options
    No, it doesn't come with 1SD on the CXL...I ordered it as an extra. I think it was only $190.

Brian
  • Options
    bertolibertoli Member Posts: 49
    First - John, memory seats is an extra cost option on the CXL versatility pkg.

Second, does anyone who has a RDV noticed if the tire inflation monitor is installed? I don't think it's on mine and I'm wondering if its a luxury pkg. option or if its just not ready yet...?
  • Options
    ra1der5ra1der5 Member Posts: 86
    In the words of Steve Martin (The Jerk)... "The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here! I'm Somebody!!!"

Our dealer called. We pick up our RDV tomorrow! Why is it I feel like I did when I learned my wife was pregnant for the first time?

R5
  • Options
    Thanks for the info...I too think that the automatic seat/mirror thing with the key fob sounds cool. This is also my first "luxury" car so it seems I will have many toys to keep me occupied.

Brian
  • Options
    Congrats on the new arrival! Let us know how it goes!

BY