Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    goducks1goducks1 Member Posts: 432
    I'll answer your 2nd and 3rd questions first since they are easy: no, it is not hard to take the doors off (involves removing a total of 4 nuts and one fuse) and yes, they will realign just fine when you put them back on.

As far as the answer to the age-old question of whether you can take the doors off legally, the answers is IT DEPENDS ON WHAT STATE YOU ARE IN. There are no federal laws on this matter. That said, I don't believe there are any states where you can't drive with the doors off. The trick question is regarding side mirrors, since you lose them when you take off the doors. Again, the answer as to whether you need side mirrors depends on what state you are in.

So this is what I would suggest, based on my own experience: find your state's DMV web site and find the law yourself, then print it out and keep it in your glovebox in case any cops bother you. Ditto for any state that you happen to drive in a lot, even if your car is not registered there. In Oregon, you need EITHER a side mirror or a windshield-mounted mirror, but you do not have to have both; ergo, driving w/o doors is no problem, and I have never been pulled over for this. I also drive a lot in California, and their laws say that California-registered cars need to have both but that out-of-state cars only need one or the other, so again no problems for me. Nonetheless cops may get confused on this vital matter, hence I keep copies of both statutes in my glove box.

And of course, you can always get those mirror-relocation brackets from most aftermarket catalogs and avoid all this hassle.
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
  • Options
    humphreyshumphreys Member Posts: 6
    Hey Yellowman, thanks for the input on the CarsDirect.com. I am having trouble getting the local dealers to come within 500 bucks of the CarsDirect price.

Anyway, I wanted to pass on to you that the rebate has been extended to April 30, so you should not have any trouble getting it.
  • Options
    yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey Goducks1,

Thanks for the info about the doors. I live in Los Angeles, so your information about California was helpful. I guess I'll have to look into relocating those side mirrors!

Mike
  • Options
    Hey Humphreys,

Thanks for the info about the $500 rebate. At least I know I'll be getting that back! (although I was secretly hoping for them to increase the dollar amount after the 3rd!) :-D

Best of luck with your purchase. A couple more pieces of advice re: my buying experience...

1. I'd recommend going alone, unless it's with someone who knows a lot about Jeeps or buying new cars. I was alone, and I had the feeling that the salespeople would have tried to distract me if someone else was there.

2. I don't know how you'e financing this, but for me, two big things were (a) kicking the trade-in out of the deal, and (b) kicking the financing out of the deal. As I said, I decided to sell my old car on my own, and finance the car through my credit union. This took away their tactic of distracting you with one factor (such as increasing their trade-in offer) while playing with another (such as raising the price of the car or the APR). I was able to focus in on the price of the car alone. Even then, they tried to confuse me with the $500, but I was able to keep it straight in my head. In the end, I realize I could have talked them down another couple hundred - they wrote the price breakdown on a legal pad, which I then initialed to close the deal. I noticed later they listed "DEST/ADV" as a category, with an $805 price tag. I know $585 is for destination, but ADV is probably advertising, so I think they copped an extra $220 for that, when there really are no advertising costs to them, since they're ordering it from the factory (AND getting all the dealer holdback!) Bastards...Oh well, it's just a couple hundred, and I still feel like I got a good deal, especially now that I know I've got the rebate made in the shade :-)

Mike
  • Options
    Boy, I'm just full of questions, aren't I? I can't help it. The more I read about Jeeps, the more excited (and impatient!) I get about my new one.

I'll have a hard top on mine, which I'd like to occasionally remove to go topless as I've mentioned. I know you need two people to do it, but assuming I have a friend to help, is it that difficult? Whatabout putting it back on, how hard is that? Thanks for any info.

Mike
  • Options
    ckingsburyckingsbury Member Posts: 44
    Yellowman, I took mine off and put it back on in 25mph winds, in February, in 15deg. weather, with the help of my bum roommate, all in about 30 minutes. Six Torx screws, two latches, and a plug are all it takes. Why you ask? I bought the dual tops and had to take the hard one off to get the soft top off. PITA.

I went full hard doors for a few reasons:
    1. They are more secure, at least with the hard top.
    2. I like rolling my window down, thank you.
    3. Warmer in the winter

I figure I'll go no-doors on occasion, but will prefer full hard most of the time. Also FYI, there are a number of options for moving your mirrors to attach top either the door or windshield hinges. Try www.quadratec.com for some examples.

-cwk.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, ckingsbury.

I'm also considering getting some Safari Doors for when I go topless, but I'm not sure if the mirrors would fit onto these. Someone told me they do, but the guy at Quadratec said I'd still need mirror movers.

As for the hard top, I just wanted to know how much of a pain it was, since knowing my own lazy [non-permissible content removed], I'd leave the damn top on if it was going to be too much of a hassle to remove it. Two people and 30 minutes with the equipment you mentioned doesn't sound too bad. I'm in Los Angeles, so the adverse weather conditions shouldn't be a concern.

Thanks again for the advice!
  • Options
    jeepcrewznjeepcrewzn Member Posts: 8
    Is there some way to verify that the rebate has been extended till April 30? I've looked at both the Jeep and DC sites and they still list the rebate as ending on April 3. I wonder if Edmunds has a typo on the web page.............
  • Options
    spyrodragonspyrodragon Member Posts: 147
    I know alot of you here just got your jeep or are going to get it soon and don't want to get the pretty paint all dirty. But I have a question for everyone... Does anyone here actually plan on using their Jeeps to go off-road in mud and trails? I mean these things do have a Transfer case with 4 wheel LOW and solid axels front and rear. Those of you getting D44's I hope you plan on off-roading because that's what those things were put on a jeep for. After all the Wrangler did beat out a freaking HUMMER in a Stock off road contest set up by 4wheeler magazine. I'm pretty much just asking for off-road pics of your jeeps... I love to drive the trails and so does my girlfriend... If you look up about 10 or so posts you'll see a couple of pics of what a STOCK jeep can do. Happy Wheelin'
  • Options
    Hey Spyro

I admit, I don't initially plan on doing a lot of off-roading. But after seeing all the talk about it, I'm curious about trying a simple trail to see what it's like.

But before I do, I'm wondering what exactly is a D44? I think it probably stands for Dana and has something to do with an axle, but exactly what I don't know. Also, when people talk about axle ratios, what do they mean? Ratio of what to what? I was going to get the 4.11 Axle Ratio on my SE, but was talked out of it when the salesman asked why I would do that with a 4 cylinder engine, thus weighing the car down? Since I really didn't know what it was, just that it was a free option, I decided to "uncheck" it. Did I make a mistake in omitting it? Would it really have burdened the engine that much with its weight? Would it change the look of the Jeep noticeably?

Thanks to anyone who can clear it up for me!
  • Options
    twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    Sypro,
    We will definitely be taking our TJ off road. We do a lot of hiking in N GA and the western tip of NC. There have been a number of times we've had to turn back in our 2wd Explorer. Until recently, we had a Nissan Kingcab 4x4 that got some HEAVY off road use. The Jeep will be replacing that for us. I'll be sure to get some pics from our upcoming offroad adventures. As luck would have it, someone who works at my current client has a really built TJ. I'll be making my introductions next week hopefully.

That said, a lot of Jeep owners have them because they enjoy driving them, period. Some may stay on pavement, some may get used at the beach, some may offer their owners the ability to get around in a snowstorm. I think most people would really enjoy going offroad if they tried it (witness the success of Camp Jeep), but it's OK if they don't in my mind. As far as using the D44, DC has forced it on many owners by including it in the Canyon package. Some are happy to have it, some would rather be able to get ABS.

I thought the pix of Tellico were great (I saw the extended set on JU). A real testament that careful driving with an adequate vehicle will beat careless driving with a built up vehicle.

-twylie
  • Options
    milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    D44 is short for Dana axle model 44. The ratio is driveshaft turns to wheel turns. BTW - your salesman is an idiot. The 4.11 comes standard with the four-cylinder engine (unless you get an auto trans, which changes it to 3.73) and will improve acceleration. I explain axle ratios in greater detail in post #1465. The weight difference between different ratio axles is probably less than one pound. Your salesman had his best interests in mind, not yours, when he told you such nonsense.
  • Options
    saharanutsaharanut Member Posts: 134
    doesnt a higher ratio..kill your MPG? With a jeep you need ever drop of go juice you can get.

Hey Tsjay..you still out there?
  • Options
    Hey Milt

Damn, I knew it. That was the same salesman who tried to tell me the incentive was only on automatics, not manuals. I knew about the latter and caught him but I didn't know about the former. Just shows how important doing thorough research before you buy is.

HOWEVER...I'm glad you said it comes standard on an SE. Because I omitted it while we were talking about them modifying an existing SE, and that was early in the negotiating. By the time the thing was actually ordered, the store manager (who was, by the way, only 27 years old) had gotten involved, so maybe it will come with it after all. Is there any way I can check to see if I have it when the car comes?

Thanks for the info!

Mike
  • Options
    When I was at the dealer, they told me that the rebate had been extended until the 30th. I later called the number on the back of the Wrangler literature and talked to the guy about wheel packages and he confirmed that it had been extended. While I do not have the number here at the office, if you call jeep, they will confrim the details.
  • Options
    I got a call shopped around the price quote from Cars Direct with my local dealers, and they would not touch it. $20,600 from cars direct, and the lowest I could get my San Diego dealers down to was 21,100 (both assuming that I took delivery in time to get the rebate). Well I got a call from CarsDirect Last night and they have my car. It has a couple of options that I had not requested, but overall was an even better price. On Saturday, I pick up my Jeep.

Forrest Green/Black Soft Top Sport D Package
    Tinted "glass"
    Full Doors
    Canyon Wheel Package
    Trac-loc
    Hooks and fog lights
    Cruise Control
    Side Steps
    Air Conditioning
    Compact Disc
    Floor Mats

I can hardly wait!
  • Options
    Hey there

I noticed tjy posting about a week ago about how he knew at what stage his car was at while being built in the factory. How does one check on this? I do have the vehicle order sheet, so maybe I can just call someone and they can tell me? It sure would be nice to know exactly at what stage my soon-to-arrive Jeep is in - not to mention knowing how soon it will get here!
  • Options
    congrats on getting your jeep...
    the dealer i've been talking too..
    agreed to match the cars direct price.
    I believe i've got a good salesman...he has been very patient with me the past few months with all my questions..
    take care of that jeep guy..
    enjoy it!

Saharanut (terry)
  • Options
    I just re-confirmed that the rebate has been extended to April 30, but I also found something I felt was postworthy...

When you order a vehicle from the factory, your deposit locks you into whatever incentive is available that day, so you're guaranteed to at least get that (DESPITE what the dealership will try to tell you). Then when you take delivery of the vehicle, if the offer has changed, you have the option of taking the new offer or the old offer. This info is straight from the Program Center at DC.
  • Options
    tonkadavetonkadave Member Posts: 102
    Im close to ordering now but am hung up on the advertising fees. I live in the Philadelphia area and cant get any dealership in Pa. or Del.or N.J. to sell me a jeep without the Regional and national add fees. They dont even like to talk about it. Their about $500.00 here and you get nothing for it. Seems like alot of money for nothing, especially since some people dont pay it in some areas. Anyone know where I can go to avoid this charge without traveling a long distance?
  • Options
    twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    call 800.992.1997, get to an operator and give them the VON (vehicle order #). They will set up a case number to track your calls into them. They can also give you info on estimated build date and estimated shipping date. I can email you the status codes if you like. My email is treywylieatyahoodotcom.

I just found out that our Jeep came off the train at 1:38 today. The switching yard is less than two miles from my current client site. Hmmmm, wonder if I can cruise through there on the way home and see our Jeep (or others) in the lot somewhere. This weekend is still a possibility!!!

Turbocity rock it bars should arrive next week for install...

-twylie
  • Options
    Awesome!!! I love to off-road. I don't mind those who don't because they are the ones who truely pay the bills at DC not us four-wheelers. And I must admit that a Jeep is probably one of the coolest vehicles to drop the top and cruse around town in. I admire anyone and everyone who loves their jeep and I wave at them all! I can't wait to see your pics once ya get some. I think that this is a good site for anyone to come in and ask as well as tell about jeeps... Jeepers are the nicest people you will meet, well 99% of the time anyways.

Yellowman:
    Milt already answered your question for me. Happy Jeepin'
  • Options
    tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Yeah, Buddy, I'm still here. Just haven't posted in a couple days, but I've been checking in every day to see what's going on.

Mostly I have been chatting with Tonkadave, trying to get the boy to let go of some of that money of his and get a Jeep.

How about you, has Momma come around yet? Hope so!

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • Options
    Hey, Spyrodragon, what's up? I don't know how much offroading me and Thelma will be doing. I think I'd be willing to try some pretty mild offroading, BUT I AIN'T GONNA GET MY LITTLE GIRL ALL SCRATCHED AND DINGED UP!

If I NEVER get offroad with her, she is still the most fun vehicle to drive that I have ever had! I'm sure offroading is a lot of fun, but I will never put Thelma into a situation where she might get damaged.

I have no offroad driving skills either, but I might try to go to a Camp Jeep or something sometime. I'm sure you're not supposed to just go out without any experience and tackle offroad situations that could get you and your Jeep in trouble, right?

I enjoy reading about yours and Dragonfly03's escapades and seeing the pics. It really does look like fun, and I might be an offroader some day. But whether I ever try it or not, I love my Thelma Jane better than any other vehicle that I have ever owned, and I can't see ever being "Jeepless" in the future.

tsjay

• Options
    Didn't you say that you live in the Seattle area?

If that's true, then I think they might have made a movie about your lack of a Wrangler, before you gots yours. "Jeepless in Seattle"

I'm glad people can't throw things at you on a message board :)

I didn't find your post in Meet the Members, so I don't know if you really live in Seattle or not, or if you even have your Jeep yet. I told you guys, I am senile, and that's why I would love for everyone to take advantage of the Meet the Members board and give us info on you and your Jeep. I wouldn't have to go back through a zillion posts to find out about one of my buddies or their Jeep.

PLEASE, everybody, humor me and post all the goodies about yourself and your Jeep. I think ALL of us would find it very handy to be able to go to one place to find out stuff, instead of wading through all of the posts in the main board.

Come on, Pals, please???

tsjay

• Options
    tonkadavetonkadave Member Posts: 102
    I called the jeep 800 number today and they told me that theres a discount for the 60th anniversary model. He said if you order it which is a $595 charge, they will credit you for $325. If thats true that makes it more affordable. Im not getting the ann. edition since I want steel blue. They also told me that if you order the auto. trans. which is a $625 option you will be credited with $625 which makes it free. I told the person that the free trans. isnt on the website anymore, but he sweared his info was accutate. I hope thats true. If you call, the number is 1-800-925-JEEP. His name is Curtis. Extension 7112.
  • Options
    sasquatch_2000sasquatch_2000 Member Posts: 800
    It sounds like YOU don't want AC. Neither did I on my '92 Civic. I never regretted it. I live in Massachusetts, and sometimes the July driving in Beantown is sucky, but I'd rather the fresh air over AC any day.
  • Options
    It might also be from heat generated by front brakes.
  • Options
    I guess this is part of the reason Jeeps have a poor quality reputation?

What is the matter with a good coat of paint before shipping it out the door?
  • Options
    What are you, nuts? A Jeep is for off roading!!! (Unless you live on Fantasy Island tm)

Really, the ONLY reasons I'd buy a Jeep are for removing the doors and top, and taking it off road.

I wish I could get one with a front bench seat and padded rear floor (for the dog!).

Too bad they don't make the Scrambler any more, that would be the best!

OK, here goes: 4 litre, ragtop, scrambler type layout, vinyl or neoprene (hose washable) seats, drain holes in floor, no AC, no radio, CB, REAL ROLL BARS, trailer hitch, towing package, cooling package, winch, tow hooks, limited slip, beefy axles, 31 or 32 inch tires *(or TALL skinny tires like old Army jeeps), loud exhaust, lumpy cam, snorkle.

Gee, I guess I want a '73 CJ with a spray paint job and engine kit, don't I?
  • Options
    60th anniversary wrangler..

Black
    dual tops
    30" canyon tire group
    automatic
    3.11 axle
    speed control
    abs
    60th ann floor mats
    rocker sills
    cd w/ sub

off the lot price $23,606.88

300 over invoice..
    & the $500 has been extended till 4/30

whew...i think thats the best I can do..
    NOW to work on Mrs. Nut..
    good seeing ya Tsjay & tonka..
    see ya in chat tomorrow...
  • Options
    jeepcrewznjeepcrewzn Member Posts: 8
    Ok tsjay - your gentle prodding got me to post in the Meet the Members section. And I'm still Jeepless in Seattle, at least for another week and a half or so.

Haven't come up with a good name for my Black Sport yet. I used to own an old beat up black '68 Ford Pick-up, and called it the Creature (as in Creature from the Black Lagoon). For the Jeep, your suggestions are welcome.

I'm seriously thinking about, for my first "modification", removing the 'Sport' decals on my Jeep. I just don't like the way it looks. Has anybody else done this? Were you happy with the resulting look?

Make every day a topdown day!
  • Options
    Thanks, My Friend. You have made an old man happy.

I actually like the Sport decal. I wouldn't want to take mine off. If you do, people will think you have an SE, if that matters to you. Nothing wrong with SE's, but you pay extra for a Sport, so why not have the Sport decal?

I didn't like some of the older Jeeps that had the big letters down the side of the hood that said "Wrangler" or whatever. But, I think the Sport decal actually adds to the looks.

That sort of thing is strictly personal preference, and I would think that the decal could be removed without hurting anything.

Thanks again for the post in Meet the Members, and I hope everyone else that hasn't done so will be kind enough to do likewise.

tsjay

• Options
    I like the Sport decal, but I'm not crazy about the Sahara one. Since I'll be getting a plain SE, I plan to decorate that spot with a couple L.A. Laker decals :-) 2000 NBA Champs!
  • Options
    tjytjy Member Posts: 39
    No doubt about it...I plan to do a lot of off-roading...it's exactly why I went with the D44, etc., etc., and can't wait to go to my first Jeep Jamboree. I did a ton of 4wheelin' in my old blazer and for as much as it could handle, my friends YJ could do sooooooooooo much more and I was jealous!

Can't remember who asked about tracking your new jeep, but twylie provided all the info you need on the 800 # etc.

Yesterday was my day to prepare for my TJ's arrival.....got the insurance set up, picked up purchase order, etc. for our credit union and had them cut the check for the dealership. They are expecting my Jeep any day now, probably tomorrow or Saturday...and I'll be 2000 miles away in Utah skiing! As much as I'm looking forward to this trip, I can't wait to get back to get my Jeep!

P.S. - If it does come in today, I'll have to drive up there just to see it before I leave, but won't have time to pick it up....I'll be at the office late tonight and they'll be closed by the time I leave......
  • Options
    markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Ok, I'm down to wanting either LT235/75-15's or 30x9.5 -15's on the stock steel wheels. My local Jeep dealer will do a full rebate on the stock tires and sell me the upgrades for the retail difference. Said I could go all the way to 31x10.5 but I prefer narrower and lower for sidehilling and the types of 4x4 and street driving I will do.

Any comments on either?
  • Options
    To remove stickers, try a hairdryer to soften up the glue, then peel off. A good washing and coat of wax should make it match the rest of the vehicle. Otherwise, mineral spirits or acetone? Be careful with those two, and test in an inconspicuous spot.

Tires: Go with the tallest possible if you plan on off roading. Go with widest possible if sand/mud are in the mix. Go with narrow/tall if snow. If just pavement, maybe a 245/70R15 car tire? All around: 30X10.50R15? or maybe 255/75R15?

I like General Grabbers, Yokohama has some good new ones, Michelin are $$$, no name if you want to get a couple types and expirement, BFG are also popular must be a good reason why.

Later, alligator.
  • Options
    sfjeepssfjeeps Member Posts: 66
    If your planing to take your TJ to see some dirt, get the largest tires possible and you'll thank yourself for the added ground clearance but if you want tires larger then 30" get the smallest tires available from the factory because they will be cheaper and the money you save maybe used for you 33" tires.
  • Options
    markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    yawl are... taller is not necessarly better... flip easier on sidehills... higher CG.... compromise handling on the road....

Sfjeeps - with you on the ordering - getting the cheepie 215s....
  • Options
    ilvdirtilvdirt Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2001 TJ, does anyone know what 4" lift kits are good and which to stay away from. I will be moderately 4 wheeling, no serious rock crawling. Also, I know that some kits are less comprehensive than others. Besides the really major parts, what are the other parts that i should use, for example braided steel brake hoses.
  • Options
    2001wrangler2001wrangler Member Posts: 112
    I have the Skyjacker 4" lift. I have had it since late December and I am very happy with it. It does not offer the big flex of some of the rock crawler kits, but its fine for me. You can see pics of it here

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1426591&a=10683235

Spyrodragon.....there is even one of it muddy on there now.

TSJAY....I want to see some mud on Thelma!!!

• Options
    tsjay..
    dont worry bud...if or when I get my jeep...
    its not even get any dust on it much less any mud.. i'm with ya guy..

hope to see all of you in chat tonight!!

Saharanut
    (Terry)
  • Options
    I know this is the high point of the week for all of you, so here it is: Thelma got 18.1 MPG when I filled her up tonight. The average for her previous six tanks was 18.15, so this tank was right on the average.

Thelma got her first taste of Mobil 1 this morning. I wanted to get Mobil 1 in her at 5000 miles, and when I pulled into the service bay and shut her off, she had 4999 on the odometer. Don't mess with old tsjay!

Later, People

tsjay

• Options
    bhowell2bhowell2 Member Posts: 15
    A warm day and a trip to the car wash will take them off. I did'nt like WRANGLER or SPORT, left the 4/0 and Jeep but I think I will remove them soon. The pressure washer at the car wash will blow them right off, and remove the glue. Remerber in time the sun will bake the stickers into the paint.
  • Options
    ILVDIRT:
    The Skyjacker is a good 4" lift and alot of 4x4 shops carry it so you can get a fairly good price. Also look into the Rubicon Express and the Teraflex S4T lift kit... they are both fairly complete kits and the only thing you might need after words is an SYE and CV driveshat or a 1" Motor Mount lift because they both come with a T-case drop... You'll only need those items if you've got driveline vibes and 4" usually gives you vibes.

2001Wrangler & TJY:
    Woohoo!!! fellow off-roaders! Glad to see some muddy pics 2001, nice jeep.
    Happy Jeepin'
  • Options
    sfjeepssfjeeps Member Posts: 66
    Tall tires will raise the center of gravity but the tires would usually be wider as well and this would offer more stability in cornering and off camber situtations. I don't think most people will buy a Jeep for the great high speed handling and cornering ability. A taller and wider tire will help out a lot for off road because of the added traction, better clearance between the axle and terrain and the added distance from the body to the ground. As for lift kit a 4" will be as high as I want to go because anything taller you will need additional items like a slip yoke eliminator kit to get rid of the rear drive line vibrations and extended brake lines and really long shocks.
    I'm very baised towards the TeraFlex lift kits because I'm a dealer for them.
  • Options
    milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    ...for those people who don't plan on off-roading in their Wranglers: Why did you buy the ultimate factory off-roading vehicle if you don't ever plan to use it? I'm not trying to be an [non-permissible content removed] about it, I'm just trying to understand. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Hey man, I didn't know you sold Teraflex... well, I ordered my S3T kit wednsday...paid 1069.99 for the S3T, 4 Doestec 4000 shocks, and shipping... was this a good price? It was better than my local dealers. I've heared that the Teraflex sags a little in the rear, is this true? I don't mind, I'll just slam a 3/4 spacer or something under there.
    Happy Jeepin'
  • Options
    Hey Milt

Understandable question. First off, I love in Los Angeles, so there's not a whole lot of opportunity for backroad off-roading, at least not in the immediate vicinity. The bumpiest my driving usually gets is going into an uneven driveway. That being said, living here I've become a big fan of variety and options. A lot of people don't like LA for its sprawling size (you can srtart driving from one county line on a freeway at 60 mph and not reach the other county line for 3 hours...And that's assuming no traffic!) or its multitude of people. I love it for the go-anywhere, do-anything activities it offers. You can go to one part of town and think you're in Tokyo, another part of town and you'll think you're in Mexico City, another you'd swear you're in Paris or New York, and still another you're in Miami Beach. You can go skiing and surfing in the same day, and you can eat out at a different restaurant 365 days a year and still not try 1/2 of the food that's out there. So as a result, I'm a person who likes to have lots of different choices at my fingertips. With the Wrangler, you get a flat-out great-looking car. A lot of industry people have SUV's, and admittedly, it's pretty silly to see every other car being a 4wd vehicle, when most are millionaire producers or people who have their car hand-waxed for them every day. But a Wrangler is different. For me, one of the coolest things about it is it's customizability - you can go top off with full doors...Soft top with half doors...Hard top with full doors...Take the doors off and go no-doors...Take the top off and put a bikini top on...The possibilities are endless. It's almost like being able to drive a new car just by configuring it differently. Not only that, but it fits a variety of uses for me. It's a rugged car that I can hop curbs with if necessary, great (from what I hear) turning radius, so I can make those tough U-turns when I need to escape the jaws of an impending traffic jam, and it looks so cool that I know I'm going to get hot women giving me a second look. If you don't think the car makes a difference here, watch the movie Swingers when he tries to step up to the cute girl on the stairway. Her first line to him is, "What kind of car do you drive?" Okay they took a little creative license and exaggerated with that, but it does matter here, and I can't think of a cooler vehicle to roll up to a club in than a tough Wrangler. And girls are also impressed when you can drive a stick. So for me, I can't wait to get my Jeep for three reasons:
    1. The configuration options
    2. The classic look
    3. The chicks! :-D