Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• ballfire8888ballfire8888 Posts: 131
    Being in Canada, the rates are obviously very different. However, I can tell you that Nissan Canada was offering 2.8% financing over 3 years for perhaps 2-3 months and it ended on March 31/01.

At that point, they DROPPED their rate to 1.8% over 3 years! Unfortunately, I got burned as I took delivery Mar 30 and my phone call to Nissan fell on deaf ears!
  • menswearmenswear Posts: 11
    I just got my car a few days ago. I am having a BIG problem with the transmission. When I would put my car in Reverse, the car would actually move forward. And also this morning, when I put the car in Drive, the car when in Reverse! Anyone have this problem on their 01 PF?
  • georgeb7georgeb7 Posts: 35
    I will let you know what I find when I go there. I will probably stop in San Jose to check their inventory also. I have the pleasure of driving my brother-in-laws Lincoln Navigator to the airport. Be in touch later.
  • georgeb7georgeb7 Posts: 35
    You must give the dealer a chance to fix it. If they fail in three attempts, you can probably go to arbitration (depending on what state you live in). Your situation is serious, and it could cause an accident.

I have been through this with Toyota. I filed an arbitration claim and won it. It is not hard but it takes alot of time and you must document things clearly. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
  • goblue96goblue96 Posts: 33
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I just had my first oil change and inquired about the proper tire pressure. The dealer that I bought it from had filled the tires to 50 PSI, 1 under the max for the Dunlop's. Thanks to you all I checked and dropped them to 38. The dealer near my office told me that Nissan has suggested 32 PSI for the Dunlop's and was going to send out a service bulletin soon breaking down pressure for the different tire brands used on the PF. Don't know if it's true or not, but I'm going to stick at 32.
    For now anyway...
    Who has retrofitted their 01 PF with impressive looking PIAA lamps? If so, was it worth the trouble? And how much did it cost? And how difficult to install?

TIA!
  • jmtreetopjmtreetop Posts: 130
    I do have comprehensive insurance but my detuctible is at $500 because I am a young driver so it keeps the rates down. Life goes on!
  • steviebeesteviebee Posts: 2
    I own a 99 Pathfinder, and I did not purchase the tow package when I bought the SUV. I am now looking to buy a boat and trailer, and was wondering if anyone here could lend me some advice about either buying the Nissan tow hitch on-line (good prices and good service), as well as any expriences with the genuine Nissan tow hitch vs. non-genuine hitches. Thanks in advance.
    I installed the PIAA Super White's. I chose them over the Super Plasma's because the Super White's are currently street legal, and the Plasma's are not. I think they look great, but they are actually not as bright as the stock lamps. If you want more info go to the town hall page and look for "after market and accessories", then chose "after market bulbs". Somewhere on there I found an article that tested the most popular bulbs. They were extremely easy to install and cost about $70. Definitely worth it for me. Good luck!
    For those interested. Stillen will be selling a cold air intake for the 2001 Pfinder in approx. 2 months. Not sure how much they will sell for.
  • ginakfginakf Posts: 3
    Has anyone experienced a very loud squeaking noise coming from the front tires? It only makes this high pitch noise when driving and not when braking? I brought it into the dealer and they said that it is a common problem and that the front tire rear braking plates need to be changed. Also, anyone had a problem with the air bag sensor going berserk at around 80K?

Thanks.
  • couimetcouimet Posts: 130
    It might be nice to have the steering wheel switches lit, or it might be distracting. I've had four vehicles with steering wheel switches and I've rented a number of others - I've never seen one with the switches lit ...
  • mazadimazadi Posts: 26
    This is a stupid question, but doesn't the 2001 LE come with body colored side moldings? I'm trying to figure out why people are buying them seperately.
  • joef4570joef4570 Posts: 29
    To answer your question, no, the 01 LE does not come with side body moldings, they are an extra cost option. Having said that, almost all of the LE's I looked at (scores of 'em) before I bought mine were equiped with them. It also seemed that the LE's on the dealers lots (NY Metro Area) came with the Limited Slip Differential, Floor Mats, Sunroof Wind Deflector & In-Cabin Microfilter. I guess they figure that people who buy LE's will most likely want those options & that you'll pay the few extra hundred bucks rather than wait to order one "your way".
  • crapgamecrapgame Posts: 43
    Edited out after discovering more relevent information.
    It sounds like a conversion to the PIAA Super Whites will sacrifice performance for the sake of appearance then???
  • poswaldposwald Posts: 38
    I changed both the headlights and fogs on my 01 LE to PIAA superwhites. In my opinion, the super white PIAA's headlights are the same brightness as stock. The light is whiter though. A questionable upgrade at $70. I originally switched to the super Plasmas. What a waste of time. It felt like I had no lights on at all and they are not legal. However, I 100% recommend that you change the foglights to PIAA. I think I paid about $40 for them. Definately worth it. Much whiter and BRIGHTER than stock.
  • danogdanog Posts: 318
    Where might the best place to buy the brighter bulbs online?
    Thanks,
    Dano
    I personally don't believe you have to sacrifice much performance. However, the article I read showed a decrease in brightness at 100 feet and no change at 50 feet. I agree with poswald about things being whiter and easier to see up close, but as these results show things deteriorate at longer distances. For what it's worth, I'm happy with the Super White's and am thinking of changing the fog lights also on poswalds recommendation. Here is the article I mentioned.

www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=102
  • kmrqkmrq Posts: 50
    I had super plasma in my 99.5 PF headlights and my fog lights too. The appearance is nice from far away. Yup and I couldnt see anything in the front. So I changed mine to Catz Zeta 00 kit for both the headlights and fog lights. Much better then the stock headlights and other HID-Look alike bulbs. Now I'm thinking about retro-fitting HID into the headlights.
  • poswaldposwald Posts: 38
    I too looked into a HID conversion kit for my 01 LE. $680 for a set of 2 bulbs including ignitors. A little too steep for me. I went with the PIAA super white bulb replacement and, for now, I am very happy. You lose your high beam with this type of HID conversion.

Check out this website for more info http://www.hidxenon.com

• rcsuttonrcsutton Posts: 35
    Well, just to follow-up with my idiot light problem. It finally went out, 1 week later, about 4 fill-up. I guess the sensor takes awhile.
    Bob
    S. Fl
  • danogdanog Posts: 318
    I finally called them and asked if the rear flectors cover the entire window. It doesn't, only the window not the rear section of the door window. They are also on back order for the rear sets. What to do????? Guess I'll try Ventvisor and see how they look even though I'll have to tape em'.

Dano
  • mdpalmermdpalmer Posts: 1
    Responding to ginakf - I just purchased a 97 PF with 26,000 mi. A high pitched whining noise from the front end started almost immediately. Thought it was a belt, but it could be the brakes or tires. It starts at about 25-30 mph, but doesn't always make noise. There is no noise at stops. Please let me know if the brake work eliminates the noise and I will post what I find out.
  • wholeinonewholeinone Posts: 9
    Well it is one year to the date that I bought a 2001 be-have had one major problem, the rack went out after about 1,400 miles, other than that a o..
  • wholeinonewholeinone Posts: 9
    should be le so sorry
    What do you mean the rack went out, did it break?? How many miles do you have yours after a yr?? I have had mine 4 months and have 10,000. 2500 miles a month isnt too bad huh!! hee hee.
  • mike354mike354 Posts: 4
    I just got a 01 PF SE 4WD and noticed a strange noise after the engine was shut down. As it was cooling off an intermittent noise was coming from underneath but I wasn't able to pin down exactly where it was coming from. It sounded like a quiet fog horn sound for 10 seconds and a couple second break and then coming on again. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this or heard about it?
  • sanandtonsanandton Posts: 342
    Had the same sound coming from my 99 Honda accord and my 01 PF. Luckily have a friend who is a Honda tech and he told me it was the gas tank pressure equalizer. It releases pressure intermittantly to keep the tank safe.
  • climber3climber3 Posts: 13
    I thought I would save some money by getting an aftermarket hitch considering the cost of the factory hitch. I investigated this before buying and was told that Draw-Tite had an aftermarket hitch that was "no-drill" and could be put in without modifications. After having it installed I found out (after the installation place closed) on my way home that the hitch was against the muffler and the noise and vibration was so intense I could not drive more than 2500 RPM (I had to go 40 miles on the interstate to get back home). I ended up purchasing a Nissan factory hitch and installing it myself. Additionally, the Draw-Tite hitch used 4 bolts each side for installation, but the factory hitch used an extra 2 bolts on each side and I suspect will stand up to a weight-distributing hitch better.