Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37

124»

Comments

• DB_from_NCDB_from_NC Member Posts: 16
    Yep, couldn't agree more. I bought my '10 G37 Premium in August. Every day I feel that tranny jerk around and it reminds what a poor decision I made.
  • freyja580freyja580 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all

I am seriously considering an 08 manual sports G37 coupe. I was wondering what I would realistically be looking at paying for upkeep. Any prices would be helpful, such as, new tires (and how many miles did you get out of the old ones), brakes, oil changes, etc...

Thanks
  • dakineguydakineguy Member Posts: 46
    I own a 2009 G37x and I have to say that the floor mats are so thin. They should offer an upgrade to the factory provided mats. The logo is actually glued on and it came off when I had my car vacuumed last week at the car wash. I went to the dealer yesterday and the Service Advisor told me that they are not high quality. Any recommendations where to buy more plush quality mats?
  • jpamejpame Member Posts: 1
    I am now living your nightmare with my new 2012 G37x. I also owned a 2008 G35x and loved it. Great car and was verry happy with the dealer's service. Traded in for a 37x on 12/13/2011 and the transmission failed after 3 weeks. The car has been in service at the dealer for over 3 weeks now with no estimate on when it will be repaired. I have opened a case with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and requested a different model but now I fear that they all have the same issue. The car was fabulous for the first 3 weeks but this whole experience has left a bad impression.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Obviously left you with a sour taste and not undeservedly, but these cars are not known for transmission failures.
  • jpierrejpierre Member Posts: 14
    I'm at lease end of 2009 G37 Journey Sedan. Luv the G37. I will be leasing another G37. I've read all the posts of Sedan Vs. Coupe. Did my homework on will the Coupe fit my practical needs; answer is No issues: Checked cargo, my clubs fit. Have no addtional passengers so back seat not an issue. Does anyone have anymore insight or regrets that they switched from Sedan to Coupe? How about interior cabin, I hear console is high and door panel switches not ergonimcally friendly. If I've been used to sedan for three years, will I say what have I done? I took a test ride and thought perhaps that would be deal breaker. Maybe sit too low or bad visibility, but I really didn't have a problem. Is there some spec or owner insight I might not be considering that would tilt the scales one way or the other. Hope to hear your personal insights of coupe vs. sedan ownerhip. Insight for those reading this post. If the lease was two years. I wouldn't think about it, as I know if I regretted decision I'd be out in two years. But it's 39 month deal. Thanks for your indulgence.
  • dbledmndk2dbledmndk2 Member Posts: 16
    I just signed a 39 month lease on a 2012 G37x Sedan and I too was debating between Coupe and Sedan. I think the Coupe looks better from the outside, but like you said it really felt no different on the inside. I've owned an Accord Coupe for the last 7 years and it's met my needs perfectly, but there are those few occasions when you give friends a ride home that you really wish you could fit full size humans in the back seat. Even little things like hanging up dry cleaning are much easier with 4 doors than 2 (and waiting for the seat to adjust every time).

I ended up going with the Sedan simply because the Coupe didn't blow me away. I think with the 2013 redesign coming the new Coupe will give folks more of a reason to opt for that over the sedan.
  • jpierrejpierre Member Posts: 14
    Thanks. Yes. Funny you should say that I too think the redesign is probably the tipping point. But my lease is up, time to get another ride. Thanks for responding to my post.
  • corkyboy1corkyboy1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Group:

I accidently put a hole in my door's lower RH speaker grill carrying a leaf blower in the front foot well of my G-37 Coupe. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Anyway since the only way to replace it is pulling back the door panel to remove the grill's bolts.

The service manual tells you to pop out the door entry light, the one upper inside door handle bolt, the two bolts attaching the large pull handle, and then pry off the plastic clips around the panel. I was wondering if I would be able to just do the bottom section enough to take out the speaker grill bolts. BTW I've ordered some of those plastic pry tools, so I won't damage any trim stuff. The dealer is charging $36.00 for the actual part, so be careful of what and who you're carrying in your front seat. Thanks, Corky
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Bummer!
  • gotribegotribe Member Posts: 101
    The automatic temperature control system works very oddly in warm/hot weather. The temperature has to be set to 82-84 degrees in order to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the car, and keep the fan from blasting cold air on a continual basis. If the temperature is set to say 72 degrees, the fan will blow at close to max speed and the car's interior will just get colder and colder--the fan speed will never reduce itself. The service manager at the dealer thinks its due to a sensor problem and my car is going in to have it checked out in a couple days. But a friend of mine with an M35 is having the same problem, and I'm beginning to wonder if its a design defect. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Does it behave any differently if you take it off automatic temp control and set the fan speed and temperature manually?
  • edmundsvisitoredmundsvisitor Member Posts: 1
    I've only driven RWD before, anything I should know about AWD besides being better in the snow? For example, since it's heavier, is the fuel economy worse? Thanks