Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Honda Odyssey

12346»

Comments

• Options
    epecepec Member Posts: 16
    I had a 08 Odyssey LX with 7 seats. I am wondering whether it would be possible to purchase the seat in the middle of 2nd row and install it , so I will have 8 seats. I am not sure the frame structure of LX and EX at the 2nd row seat would be the same or not.
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    no you can't install it because you won't have the seatbelt for that PlusOne seat.
  • Options
    hcap1jhcap1j Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Odyssey suddenly lost power to its blinkers, rear wiper, left power door, and electric thermostat. I checked every fuse and they were all normal. The dealer said they fixed it and when they told me to pick it up it wasn't fixed. Now they are telling me that the entire electrical harness needs to be replaced and it has been in the shop for a week. Does anyone have any information about this or heard of this happening to anyone else?
  • Options
    RD350RD350 Member Posts: 3
    We purchased a 2008 Odyssey this past summer and the brake pedal has been progressively getting closer to the floor and I'm worried that in a panic stop it may actually contact the floor and prevent the van from stopping. Initially the brakes were low but seemed OK, then seemed spongy so I took it back to Lehigh Valley Honda and they told me this was normal for an Odyssey. ... I have never had any Honda nor any other brand of car, truck or van with brakes this bad. We now have 9000 miles on the van and I will be taking it to another Honda dealer for an evaluation.
    I really need some support here, because I just spoke with the service advisors at the second dealer and they claim that they have no problems with Odyssey brakes?
    Please post your experiences. Thanks
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    check the message 160 on Odyssey brake thread ... seem to be a fix re soft brake.
  • Options
    co_copco_cop Member Posts: 17
    There is a brand new TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for the soft brakes.

Check it out at

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A07-045.PDF

Good Luck
  • Options
    chinomonkeychinomonkey Member Posts: 7
    I have a 08 touring. I am interested in getting out of the three year lease to get the new insight hybrid. I was told Honda Financing does not allow to break lease or transfer leases. How did you get your dealer to take the lease back after 7 months?
    Best advice I got was from swap a lease to go harass Honda financing?
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Request the dealer selling you the Insight Hybrid to 'buyout' your existing lease from Honda Finance and not many people know that I think Honda Finance will give 500 to the dealer in the buyout. Now you are out the lease and buy/lease the Insight.

Give or take depending on your Honda Finance balance is more or less than the trade-in price the dealer offers.

After the dust is settled and you got your new Insight, you need to monitor with Honda Finance and make sure the dealer sent funds to H.F. for the buyout. Sometimes they work very slow thus screw up your credit history.
  • Options
    skernskern Member Posts: 3
    Removed the snow tires today and the tpms alarm is still lit,can i reset this myself .
    Dealer says it has to go back to him and they charge for the reset.
  • Options
    jngrbrdmanjngrbrdman Member Posts: 2
    I've got the same issue with my '05. blinkers, brights, driver power door, rear wiper, temperature on dash, and who knows what else. Kind of annoying... I've got the battery disconnected right now hoping that will reset things. There is nothing wrong with the fuses and I just can't imagine how these things are connected.
  • Options
    mike20878mike20878 Member Posts: 60
    There is a space between the center console and the passenger front seat where stuff falls that cannot be retrieved. My wife took the car for an oil change at the dealer today and even they couldn't get it out. Has anyone had any luck retrieving things from this black hole?
  • Options
    gaquagaqua Member Posts: 7
    I have put in some 6K mileage. The tank was 1/4 empty when I was staring at this message.

I checked other forums and did ensure that I turned the fuel cap until I heard atleast 3 clicks. I have been through 3 or 4 engine on/off cycles / driven some 50 miles and the message doesn't go away.

Does anyone know how to get this reset? Is this a recurring problem?
  • Options
    chrisw3chrisw3 Member Posts: 2
    Did either of you ever find the problem? My 2007 is now in day 2 at the dealership with the same issue; they continue to search for the cause. Complicating matters is the fact that it is a handicap-modified kneeling van from VMI. Since Honda cannot find the problem, they blame VMI and tell me that I'm paying them by the hour unless they can positively identify it as a Honda issue.
  • Options
    steffens77steffens77 Member Posts: 2
    Have somewhat same issue with our 08. Our "brain" needs to b replaced but having issues with Honda dealership and service. Have lodged 3 complaints and still nothing has been done. The service dept has now LOST the part to our car. NO working power doors, trunk wont open at all, no a/c, temp gauge, and now lost all dash board lights...2 wks now without a car and 7 kids!!
  • Options
    chrisw3chrisw3 Member Posts: 2
    Dealership was not able to identify the problem, but the car magically healed itself while there. They did report to me that they ran the battery dead in the process. I asked if losing battery power could possibly lead to some sort of system reboot which would explain the car's recovery & they said yes, it's possible. I hope for no recurrence, but as an experiment will disconnect the battery it does.
  • Options
    steffens77steffens77 Member Posts: 2
    My van was to be fixed today but when I called yesterday to make sure part was there they called me back to inform me they had LOST the part and they THINK it was in California...they have no idea when the part will be there but they will call and let me know when they get!!! Filed my 4th complaint with Honda with no response and called management at the dealership where we bought it and haven't heard from them either..guess i will have to take it to another Honda dealership b/c this is going to b week 3 without a car and i am still having to pay for it!! I WILL NEVER buy another Honda
  • Options
    minivan4kidsminivan4kids Member Posts: 6
    just bought the used car odyssey touring yesterday, but only have 1 key.
    where can I purchase one without getting it from the dealer?
  • Options
    mike20878mike20878 Member Posts: 60
    One of the map lights just went out in our Odyssey. I don't see anywhere in the manual that says I can change it myself. I'm pretty surprised given that my own car is a 2002 model and has never had a map light go out.
  • Options
    imoimo Member Posts: 16
    You should be able to pry the clear lens off and expose the light bulb.
    See here:
    http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Honda-Accord-Overhead-Map-Light-Bulbs-Replace- ment-Guide/index.html
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    We are considering replacing our '02 Ody EX (136k miles), but my wife absolutely hates the new '11 body style. A CPO last gen Ody is a possibility. I haven't kept up with the running changes, so need some guidance on feature improvements. We are looking for an EX again - power sliders, but no leather.

1) Anybody know what year the 4 shaft auto came into use? I want to avoid the previous gen 3 shaft unit if possible.

2) I know that the mid row received power down windows with the '05 gen III body. What about the 3rd row? Did the power remote controlled flip out windows remain? Manual only? Not movable at all?

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.