Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn VUE No Start

124»

Comments

• kitcar23kitcar23 Member Posts: 2
    I hope this helps someone. I have a 2006 Saturn Vue v6 awd with 140,000 miles. I have owned it approximately 8 months. I bought it because I live in Michigan and they are good in snow. I also have that totally dead when trying to start it problem. I find disconnecting the ground cable on the battery for 5 minutes will reset the computer and the car will start. Also  I don't think it solves the reason for the glitch but it gets u back on the road. I think the culprit is the security system but who knows I only know that it got me going.
  • kitcar23kitcar23 Member Posts: 2
    Also when the computer resets it solves the other issues too for a period of time, like the flashing lites, the traction control, the ABS.  They come back in a few months tho but the battery trick will still work. I know people who have replaced the BCM and ECM and the problems still return. GM says the car is safe to drive, I guess just carry a wrench to disconnect the battery ground cable. It happens on some late aught Impalas, Equinoxes and Captivas.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The clicking makes me think your battery has given up the ghost. That can cause the strange lights as well. Have the battery tested and I think you may find that a replacement will get you back on the road. It's also the simplest and first thing I'd check before you move on to more complex solutions
  • JumperflaJumperfla Member Posts: 1
    I bought a used 2003 saturn vue that needed a cylinder head replaced.. after it was replaced and put back together we then got it to crank once after the repair drove it less then a quarter mile the car sputtered drove really bad..power steering was gone.. towed it back to the house after reading several problems we decided it had to be the pcm the car turnes over but will not start... at wits end here please someone help.. also noticed the redused power light is on.. what does this mean?
  • I have a 2007 vue 4cy eco tech engine that cranks but no start. Hooked up a computer and no codes came up. Any ideas besides crank shaft position sensor. Have power to everything, checked fuses, good gas, and batteey
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You'll need a spark tester, a fuel pressure gauge, and a NOID light (for injector pulse) if you want to get anywhere aside from just guessing. You've "lost" one of the above--spark, fuel or injector pulse. (well, also compression but that's far less likely unless your timing belt broke).

Spark testers are very inexpensive, and if you're very careful, you can test for fuel at the fuel rail by briefly depressing the schrader valve at the fuel rail and keeping a rag over it. A NOID light kit is a bit more expensive. (about $20 on Amazon).
  • MN2003SaturnVueMN2003SaturnVue Member Posts: 1
    This thread helped me get my 2003 Saturn Vue going last winter. I don't remember the specifics of the situation but after I reset the computer the sound the starter made sounded different but would still not catch. I added a gallon of gas that I had on hand and it started right up. You are probably laughing right now but the gas tank was no where near empty but was probably hovering around 1/4 tank. I've read that you should keep the gas over 1/4 tank because it acts like a coolant for your fuel pump or a sensor. I'm not an expert but just passing off my own experience that may help others.