Options

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

Comments

• Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    It needs to be Snell 95 or better rating. Motorcycle helmets should work. I have one you can borrow and usually there are loaners there as well.

I'm not sure if you run in G or H class though. I'd say H class even though you have the 2.5l engine, it's heavy and higher center of gravity.

-mike
  • Options
    If this is 10K congrats and thanks for all the help!

-mike
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    Jim
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    all this talk of Patti must have sent her to the dungeon! ;)

-Brian
  • Options
    hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    paisan Jun 20, 2002 9:42am

I put in for H, since I view the Outback as a "Non-Performance".
    Where will they put me if I ran with the RS rims?

-Dave
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    If we delete a post, does Jimmy get 10,000? ;-)

SoA figured Patti was getting too powerful, and indeed sent her back into the dungeon. I've been throwing down some gilled Turbot on Rally Bread, so she won't starve before we hit 11,000 posts.

-juice
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
  • Options
    H class is where you should be. Luckily in NASA the rims will only give you points (I think 2 points). When you reach 15 points, you get bumped to G-class. I'm gonna contact Joe Lee the classing guru over there and suggest they put the outback in H. The RS carries a 5point penalty in it's class as well.

-mike
  • Options
    subaru_teamsubaru_team Member Posts: 1,676
    I'm so sorry folks. All of your kind words and all and I missed your special treat!

We got hit with an awful storm last night. Our phone system was hit along with my PC. I've been working on these situations all day. Thanks to a certain "BlueSubie" for a heads up!

Thank you all for a fun read! See you on the chat tonight?

Patti
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Hutch - Is that you? One of the founders of Subaru OCD? Haven't seen you on the boards lately. Welcome back!

I handle my cert proudly.
  • Options
    Actually Patti, you get a "10" for your 2 years' worth of effort, and the guy who helped get you out of the dungeon to post that was Agent 007. :-)

Hope we can get a word in edge wise in the Forester chat! Did they notify 6 million people again this time? Poor Edmunds had to handle 400+ guests last time.

-juice
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    And Karen isn't helping matters any by splattering reminders in every topic.

-Frank P.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I only spammed in three Crew discussions! You'll have to blame another host if you see it elsewhere. ;-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    I haven't been able to get on the last 3 (4?) weeks, but I think I've finally figured it out. I think there has been a change in my firewall setting so I'll disable it and try to join in tonight.

Ross
  • Options
    mailing for this chat! Only you, who are near and dear to our hearts. I'm not going ot be chatting with you or participating tonight. I'll just hang back and enjoy the ride!

See you tonight!

Patti
  • Options
    lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    I have a wedding gig tonight, so no chat for me. :(
  • Options
    I'll be meeting some scooby owners in the flesh tonight (probably 40 of em) out in Long Island @ the Hooters near Nassau Colleseum so I won't be making it.

-mike
  • Options
    Hmm, chat room still closed?

Anyone in yet?

-juice
  • Options
    I get back from dinner early and try the chat - no can do. I get the 'chat is closed' message. Bummer.

-Brian
  • Options
    try this link for the chat (from the subaru community page):

/direct/view/.ef068ab

-Brian

• Options
    I found the host's link from the Forester topic. No oil cooler on the manual tranny, so we still can't explain the extra 400 lbs towing capacity. He also said no VTD/Shiftronic for the Forester, that the performance models would get that (but oddly, not the auto WRX).

-juice
  • Options
    OK, I'm happy.

"Subaru still plans to offer a third row 7 passenger vehicle but will do so solely on its own and rest assured, it will be a crossover type of vehicle"

Aaaaah, no minivan for me, never!

-juice
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Whoa, wait a minute. No Forester turbo, no shiftronic in Forester, no shiftronic in AT WRX (where it has resided in JDM from the get-go)? While Hyundai gets it? What is there for me to "graduate" into? Better be a B4 or Blitzen-type Legacy wagon.

Ed
  • Options
    we'd love to NOT have to get a mini-van (or at least I would love NOT to). however, we may need to go that route sooner than Subaru would. Her Saturn is just getting way to small for us now, and that's with only 1 kid! And I'd rather not settle on the '04 2.5GT, since there HAS to be something up Subaru's sleeve that they won't let out until the '05 debuts.

-Brian
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    They'll probably throw a shiftronic on the STi to compete with the auto EVO. :-)

I've been saying it over and over. Just revise the Exiga concept for a minivan. Subaru is losing sales by the hundreds without a 7 passenger vehicle.

-Dennis
  • Options
    come. Plans are in the works, so it may be sooner than expected?

Patti
  • Options
    on the wheel bearings. I'll post what I find.

Patti
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Thanks for the 'secret link'. I kept getting 'chat room closed' by way of the conventional route.

Steve
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Dennis: and while there's an STi wagon in Japan, none planned for here, correct? Is there such a thing as an EVO VII wagon?

Ed
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    edit: Ed, I don't think so. There is an auto EVO sedan though.
    I haven't heard about the STi wagon for the US (or even officially the sedan). But I think the WRX Wagon demand took them by surprise.

-Dennis
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Didn't learn a whole lot, other than the 7-passanger crossover is still alive, which is good news. I bet it will be much like the Forester, only scaled up a bit.

Bob
  • Options
    I'm OK with that, cause I'll take a WRX wagon (manual) to haul @$$ and that SUW to haul the kids.

And don't wait until 2005! GM is sssslooooooow! Subaru is lithe, quick. Stretch the Outback by a foot and make it taller, add a 3rd row. Make the H6 standard, offer a supercharger for us nutty Crew members. Bam. 2004.

-juice
  • Options
    but I bet we'll be in the market for a mini-van/7 seater seriously next year.

-Brian
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    that it was my firewall keeping me out & there is a conspiracy (Chat room closed).

Ross
  • Options
    stopped at the chat. Please post your thoughts and opinions on the chat and I'll forward them on to the "appropriate" parties.

Well - time to chill. Chat with you all tomorrow!

Patti
  • Options
    in which I got to ask more than one question!

Bob
  • Options
    the penalty boxes they used to be. I am amazed by the way my '02 Odyssey handles. It feels incredibly nimble in the twisties, and is very manageable around town. While I love my '02 OBW, the van is the choice for long trips and gobs of cargo.

Steve
  • Options
    and certainly the best chat to date, IMO. I just wish we could have learned a bit more of what's in the pipeline...

Bob
  • Options
    we've driven (and actually liked) the '02 MPV. While not as huge as the other minivans, it would suit us well. And like you said, it does handle/drive quite well - I was shocked that I actually *gulp* liked it a bit.

-Brian
  • Options
    It's OK Steve, you don't have to defend yourself. ;-)

Actually, I was accepting them, my wife was the one that objected.

I agree with Bob, the chat was good in that we got all our questions asked, at least. Not all were answered, but most were, and the ones that weren't were purely about future products.

And that dungeon is cold. Brrr.

-juice
  • Options
    grahampetersgrahampeters Member Posts: 1,786
    G'day

Missed it again. Frustrating as this is one of the rare occassions where I am at home on Friday and can join in.

Karen, is it possible to put a clock on some pages so those of who live in far flung parts can see what time it is for Edmunds. From here in Australia, it is usually a random event if I can get onto the chat because of trying to figure out what time it is for you.

Thanks

Graham
  • Options
    Not necessarily wisdom, but acceptance. While I love short jaunts in real sports cars, I find the ride to be punishing to my aging bones.

Traded the 'road/racer' bike for a 'comfort' model. Wagons and minivans rather than two door coupes. See a pattern here?

Steve
  • Options
    looks like they use West Coast time (Pacific -8 GMT), if that helps.

-Brian
  • Options
    too bad, you missed a good one tonight—with lots of opportunities to participate!

Bob
  • Options
  • Options
    I loved the Previa cause it had AWD, and I'd get an Astro/Safari or Caravan due to it's AWD capabilities. Too bad SOA doesn't have one though :(

-mike
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    I was deep into a very intellectual game of Candyland during chat time, so let me get this straight.....

There isn't going to be a turbo Forrester EVER? That's crazy. That's disappointing. The Subaru designed crossover vehicle is very interesting, but that a ways out. I feel like we won't see a turbo Legacy until MY2006 at the earliest, and, like some have said, I may not be able to wait that long. Dang.

Jim
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    If there's no turbo Forester then I would likewise doubt a turbo Legacy. both are going to need power upgrades to stay with the market. Legacy is obviously already behind, but the Forester's car-like SUV competition doesn't have an edge yet. More powerful SUVs the size of the Forester are pretty much all truckish.

Anyway I forsee six cylinders in both of their futures.

-Colin
  • Options
    G'day

That's interesting because Subaru in Australia are saying that the Turbo version of the 2003 Forester will be released probably in Q3 2003 with the gruntier 2.5l engine and will be badged XT. The 2002 version had the 2.0l engine and moved like stink. Very popular here!

Cheers

Graham
  • Options
    Gday

I just went back to the Subaru of Australia Website (www.subaru.com.au ) and found the news release on 28 February 2002 that advised of the anticipated release date for the replacement turbo Forester as late next year. I wonder if it is not listed for the US because of lower fuel octanes?

Cheers

Graham