Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Owners - Photo Gallery

Comments

• iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    For those interested there are 2 Dakota painted fascias on Ebay for sale, one I believe is Intense Blue and the other is Red. They are currently in the $50 range. If you have a SLT and want to have a painted fascia this would be the starting point. The plastic is a different formula than the unpainted one and is also smoother. I saw a Black Dak SLT that had the gray fascia painted to match the truck and it was peeling, looked terrible.
    I also saw in Sport Truck magazine one of the advertisers had a replacement bumper that was the equivalent of the SLT bumper/fascia all in triple chromed metal. That might even look sharper and more unique if you like the chrome look. Rick
  • baditudebaditude Member Posts: 19
    As I previously posted I removed the decals. I used a heat-gun as the hair dryer does not seem to get the glue hot enough. After removing the letter use some "goofoff" available in most harware/paint stores to remove glue. Then wash and wax and presto your truck is stealth. Please note the Emblems are still on and they look great! People need to know its a V8!-Quadcab-Dodge.
  • bigal31bigal31 Member Posts: 189
    Although I personaly love the the decals.Chebby and Ferd owners usually want the above mentioned decals removed,(Not as proud as Dodge owners)

But if you must a pretty easy way to remove them is to use trusty old WD-40, spray on let set 1 minute or so then peel off..Clean off glue,spray off clean,wax on wax off.
    Allen-
  • baditudebaditude Member Posts: 19
    Fresh Pics just Posted www.geocities.com/badquadcab Please note the Intense Blue w/out the Decals!!
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    bigal uses the same method I've used on some VERY expensive cars for 25 years. WD-40 works well. And you gotta love his martial arts mantra: wax on, wax off... makes the truck a lot tougher I bet.
  • bobsyveebobsyvee Member Posts: 63
    this was the photo section.
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Fat, your truck is really good looking, and the leather is rich. Leather was not available on the 2000, and I wonder how many of the compact truck manufacturers even offer it. Good luck, and thank you for sharing the photos.

Bookitty
  • victxvictx Member Posts: 108
    Just bought a digital camera today. Here are my pics

http://carrola.home.texas.net/dodge/dakotamain.html

I will be installing my stereo system next weekend, and will post in the FAQ section.
  • resqmanresqman Member Posts: 71
    VicTX

Noticed in your pix that you included the cargo tray. Have you tried carring anything in the cargo tray underneath the seats?

I am currently keeping the tow ball and slide bar underneath the long side of the seat. Occasionally on a spirited turn or hard breaking, it will slide down to the feet area. I was wondering if the cargo tray had higher sides to help keep the cargo in the tray and not on the floor. Don't want to bruise the back of someones legs with the heavy slide bar and tow ball.
    Great looking truck, thank you for sharing the photos.

Bookitty
    With the cargo tray installed, can the rear seats be put in their normal position or do they have to stay up?
    Thanks
    JFH
    Thought I'd chime in before victx..

The seats are easily put down with the tray in place..

Victx: nice truck great color (2nd choice) and pictures..
    Allen-
  • victxvictx Member Posts: 108
    as bigal mentioned the tray does not get in the way of the seats as you lower them.

I just put small items, tools etc in the tray. The molding does help keep the stuff in place to some extent, but with a lot of turning and bumps you will need to secure your cargo if you don't want it moving around. I primarily bought the tray to keep mud, dirt, etc off the carpets when I have passengers in the back. There is not much room below the seats when they are down, so only very low profiles will fit on the tray under the seat while the seat is down.

Now that I've got the camera I plan on more pics. Stereo install this weekend barring a UPS delivery problem.
  • bobemotobobemoto Member Posts: 29

Thanks for sharing your photos. The green is beautiful. Actually, this is the first vehicle I've had in twenty years that wasn't green. My wife liked the Amber Fire, and was tired of looking at my green trucks. (I still like green, although I'm quite happy with the Amber Fire Pearl.

Bookitty
    Thanks for sharing your web site.

I must be wacky because I never get tired of looking at these trucks? And I think I have A.D.D.
    LOL....
    Allen-
    about the cargo tray. I expect I'll be getting one
    before winter arrives.

Here are a couple of pictures of my SLT. I bought
    a $50 Polaroid digital camera today, and these are
    the first shots. Not real sharp,(me or the camera
    ???), but here is the Amber Fire Pearl, with Lt.
    Driftwood Satin lower. It has a well done color
    matched A.R.E LSII bed lid.
    I'll have to post a close-up of the hula girl on
    the dash. :-[O

BTW, I scribbled posts 88 and 89
  • slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    would like see any pictures of a 2001 q/c with tire/handling grp......4x2.
  • bobbyt876bobbyt876 Member Posts: 27
    I'm not sure of how to post pictures here like these pictures already posted. Can't find anything in the help. Someone please help!
  • nortx01qcnortx01qc Member Posts: 37
    Bobby - Although I have not posted any pictures yet, if you scroll up to the top of this section, several people have posted what they have done to get their photos posted. Hope this helps as I like see other peoples quads and what has been done to them.

Keith
    Thanks for the help on pics but I found it easier to just create a page.

http://www.geocities.com/bobbyt876/index.html

Looking forward to all comments and Questions.

I feel like a new Daddy again!
  • fat_fendersfat_fenders Member Posts: 96
    Nice looking Quad! Looks like the white version of my black beauty. My picture link is posted earlier in this forum.

I see you have the Westin step bars. I really like those and would like to add a set to my 01 Quad. They would compliment my Westin Safari bar nicely and give the knobs in parking lots something to bang their doors against. Where did you get them and what did they cost?

The cheapest I've found has been $199.93 from Atlanta Auto Accessories via the web.

fat_fenders
    I paid $209 delivered, also off the web. Your price is good, go ahead and get them. Took me 1 hour to install, real easy. Don't have the exact name as to where I got them because it was in an email receipt and I had to rebuild recently and lost the receipt. Not worried however, installed easy and they are real sturdy. They made the difference when viewing the truck from the side. The truck looks much better with them than without.
    Bobby, thank you for sharing your wonderful photos
    with us. Great looking truck and well thought out accessories.

Bookitty
    You are right on with the thought out part. I spent many hours reading this sites posts, searching catalogs and just plain thinking about my needs. The Mopar tonneau was expensive but the versatility I get with 3 entrance points is great. Also the BedRug is awesum. Easy to install and the inside looks professional not to mention easy on these 40+ year old knees. All is not perfect however, I still have some regrets and doubts. Time will determine if all my choices were in fact wise.

BobbyT
    hey nice lookin truck mine is almost the same white/sport 4x2 should have end of oct can wait. what type of bug deflector did u use? exactly what type of regrets and or doubts to u have? did u install wheel flairs and splash guards yourself or did u have dealer install? if dealer how much did they chg you? what color were the decals prior to u removing them? i like them on gives a little contrast but yours still looks great i guess thats how i;ll tell mine apart from yours if the should ever meet!(:
    Good job and thanks for the pictures.
    What brand is the bug deflector?

Allen-
    I bought the Dodge deflector. Price was worked into entire deal (read post 481 and 741 in Quad Cab Topic). Wheel flares where part of T/H group (factory install). Mud flaps are Dodge also (dealer install.

Regrets are: I didn't get the heated mirrors. Was told by dealer I couldn't get them unless I got the rear defroster instead of the sliding rear window. Didn't do enough homework I guess.

Doubts: I was a two Honda owner. Read post 741 in Quad cab and you will understand.

Decals were black.

I live in Rhode Island by the way so if you see me, HONK and wave.
    My regret, should have went with the 3.92 gears. Not for towing but I plan on lifting my rig and putting 33"-35" tires on it.... Live and learn.
    Anyone want to switch??..HEHEHE

Allen-
    Bobby, it wasn't you who failed to do the homework, it was the "too lazy to bother learning the product" sales person. You're just the person who was punished.

Bookitty
    I'm not one to push blame. I'll take responsibility for not making sure myself. Heck, even the General Sales manager said I know more about this truck than any of his people including himself. Oh well, the way I look at it is this, God has been with me through this whole deal so I have to figure he might of had a reason I just don't see yet. Maybe it's one less thing to break. lol.

BobbyT
  • steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    I know what you mean. I was really pissed when my first dealer took my deposit and ran. But I probably have found a much better dealer, my financial loss was minimal and I feel really happy about the changes in the 01. I feel sorry when people focus on the negatives.
    i ordered the t/h grp on my q/c.but the edmunds info nor the dodge web site opt section makes any mention of wheel flairs be part of the pkg? can u explain cause i already had the dealer place a order for the flairs so when truck arrives they can be installed however if they come std with t/h pkg or sport plus grp i don't need them.
    Bobby,your attitude and patience are admirable, but that is no excuse for a professional to be remiss in product knowledge when that knowledge is
    as easily available to them, as it is to you,if not even more easily available. It should be accessed instead of standing around slinging BS. I have spent almost 40 years selling (retail and wholesale) construction equipment (mostly mobile) and would be chagrined and embarrassed if I had to allow a client to teach me about the very product that I represented. The General Sales Manager should be embarrassed for himself as well as for his employee(s)and must then take whatever measures necessary, to ensure that it does not happen again. Imagine what transpires when the customer has not the means, time and/or ability to do the research that he/she is entitled to be offered by a professional sales force. Better get off the soap box before I crash and injure myself.

Bookitty
    I beleive it's in the sports plus group. Just one of the check online buyers, any one of them should have the breakdown in the packages. I'd look it up for you but I'm having real work problems, no more time, sorry.

BobbyT
  • steve234steve234 Member Posts: 460
    The fender flares come with the T&H group on 4wd. On 2wd, they have to be ordered and installed by the dealer.
  • stnickstnick Member Posts: 177
    If it works, this is my 00 flame red 4x4 quad. Was purchased off the lot, love at 1st sight. Dac Lund 3 piece deflector, Pace Edwards Roll Top cover and Pace Ed Bed Rug. All The best, stnick.
    just looked at dodge's web site and ck both sport plus grp and tire handle grp nither state that wheel flairs come with pkg unless u have a 4x4 and you have a 4x2 correct?
    thats what i think also until i saw and read bobbyt's pics and post thus i ordered them also asa accessory for my soon arrive sport 4x2...
  • lmeyer1lmeyer1 Member Posts: 215
    My 2001 QC 4X2 with T&H package did not come with flares.
    I have a 4x4, sorry about any confusion

BobbyT876
    thanks for clearing that up i almost went into shock thinking i ordered flairs i didn't need thanks again p.s my q/c is being delivered friday to dealer can't wait.....!
    Have had these pix since I got the quad about six weeks ago and figured I had waited long enough. Was hoping to do this after tonneau but now I guess I will do a before and after. Anyway, if this works, here it is!http://www.geocities.com/nortxqc01/index.html

I get the feeling its not working but this is the address---and no it is not fat_fenders quad.
    Yep I did mess up. Try this address as it has a little more info on it.

http://www.geocities.com/nortxqc01/Myquad.html
    You probably should've expected that from me. :-) Wish my pictures had come out that light on the interior but I'll try new ones pretty soon as my pictures are out of date.

I've since added a Westin Safari Bar and step bars, both in black of course. (Step bars went on tonight in about 30 minutes.) From Lund, I've added the headlight covers, Interceptor bug shield and eyebrows, both in smoke of course. Roll-top is Pace Edwards that only comes in black, lucky me! :-), on top of the spray-in liner.

It would be sweet to park ours side-by-side for photos if we lived closer together. Looks like about the only difference is mine's a 4X4....

Nice Quad!

fat_fenders
    I look forward to seeing new pictures of your quad so I can see what mine looks like before I add the new stuff you have.

As far as pics side by side. That would be cool but I don't have any plans to visit Madison again. Grew up in central Iowa and thats about as close I get. (yes i am a G.D.Y.)

Keep in touch as to what WE are doing to OUR quad.
    Keith
  • astaasta Member Posts: 122
    Do you have a recent photo of your Quad with the Pace Edwards cover? I talked to my local Line-X dealer today and he said they install both the Pace Edwards and the Roll n Lock. But, that they do many more Roll n Locks (cheaper?) He said the Roll n Lock is 695 plus 1000 bucks if they install it. They're charging 395 for the Line X spray. Takes about half a day, he said. We may have already covered this in earlier posts, but you like your PE Roll Top right????
    I went for the Pace Edwards due primarily to price. If I recall correctly, I think the cheapest price I found on the net was right around the $695 you quoted and well over $1100 installed locally.

Bought my Pace from a local vendor for $535, I installed it. If you know how to follow directions and use a drill, well you get the picture... The price was $560 installed so I saved a few $$$ there too. Someone here at work has a Roll-N-Lock so I looked closely at that. Overall build appears similar. Lock on R-N-L had a little cover over it and maybe looked a little heavier duty.

I like my PE so far. It slides easy, locks in two positions, fully closed and open about 18". The PE takes up about 9" in the front of the box but I can still slide stuff UNDER it. There's about 6-8" of clearance between box floor and bottom of Roll Top container.

As far as water goes...
    When I washed the truck (always by hand), I did find some water, maybe 1/2 cup total on box floor where it meets the sides. It really wasn't much IMHO, and probably expected when using a garden hose and flowing that much water over the lid.

As far as price difference, I really couldn't see the Roll-N-Lock being twice the lid for almost twice the price. Maybe someone can share their R-N-L opinions to give you more to go on.

Let us know what you decide...

fat_fenders
    I'll take some fresh pictures and will post address here when ready.

asta- More thoughts...$305 to install a Roll-N-Lock? Even at $50/hr labor, that's six hours. Mine took two hours and I'd never done one before. Sounds like an ankle grabbing experience to me... {:-{

If you're handy at all with tools and really want the R-N-L, save yourself the install money, spend a day on it and use the money saved for other accessories!

Good Luck

fat_fenders
This discussion has been closed.