Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

NFL Football

Comments

• madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    Agreed on Barber. He is a lot of fun to watch. His stiff arm shivers rule!

-moo
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    They'll be looking for an offensive coordinator since it looks like Garrett is going to accept a head coaching job. Personally I like Jason but I don't think he's ready for a head coaching position. Look at what happened with Norv Turner. Great offensive mind and when he left the 'Boys to be a head coach he was terrible. Coaches are supposed to be leaders and motivate players. He's quite intellegent and I hope he stays in Dallas and finish what he began. If he leaves I don't think the team will have a good season in 08.
    Mack :shades:
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    My Lions, need to sign Barber !!!

-Rocky
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Even though I only caught the last 12 minutes of the 4th quarter, it looked like the Giants were the stronger team. The Packers were given every opportunity to win that game. i.e multiple Giants missed field goals, a late 4th quarter fumble the Packers let slip thru their fingers twice, recieving the ball frst in sudden death overtime. The Packers and Farve couldnt move the ball at all.

So now we got the wild card Giants against the 17-1 New England Patsies. I hate both of those teams, so I'll be pulling for the underdog Giants to pull the upset.
    New York Giants 42.... New England Patsies 38.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    You missed and awesome game jipster! The whole game looked like a re-run of the Giants/Cowboys game last week. The boys for New Yok used the same game plan against the Packers. I was rooting for Favre as the sentimental favorite but I got to give it to the Giants, they played their hearts out and deserved to win. I'm happy for coach Coughlin he will get to keep his job. I'm also rooting for them in the SB. I got to stay with the NFC.
    mACK :shades:
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    OK, I give up. Where did you find that loss for the Patriots? No one else can find it.

Now they WILL be 18 - 1 when it's all over, of course.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    OK, I give up. Where did you find that loss for the Patriots? No one else can find it.

The one loss I include is attributed to the early season cheating scandal when the Patriots got caught with a video camera on the opponents sidelines. I believe that the Patriots should have been forced to forfeit that game, in addition to the half million dollar fine and loss of number one draft choice. I say this partly in jest, though they do seem to be the best team money can buy. :sick:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Here you go...

Hard to believe I found an image of the world's smallest violin to go along with the endless whining about the Patriots. :shades:

Not particualrly a Pats fan, but as a non-Steeler fan living in Steeler territory, I've been buried in the whining all year!
    Here you go...

LOL. I knew I shouldn't have edited out the part where I wrote that "this bait was intended for pf-flyer". :P

See ya at the Mazda Mania Chat tonight brother. We can talk more football. ;)
    LOL... absolutely!

You woulda thunk after all this time the whiners would have learned another note so we at least could have a little haromony istead of droning. :P
    19-0 Baby !!!!!

Best QB ever ??? Tom Brady !!!! :shades:

-Rocky
    Best QB ever ??? Tom Brady !!!!

NOT! GOAT Joe Montana! :shades:
    Best QB ever ???

Roger Staubach, Danny White, Dandy Don Meredith and Troy Aikman... in that order. :shades:
    You guys are both smoking some good stuff !!! :P

-Rocky
    We sure are! You want some?
    image :shades:
    LOL, yeah !!! :P

-Rocky
    What a remarkable coincidence. The best QBs of all time are all Cowboys.........

Brady's up there. If I had to settle on one it would probably be Montana. It pains me to say that.

As for the forfeit, I kind of liked that idea but it wasn't like the Jets lost on a play or two in that game. They were blown out in the first game of the season. I figure no one was scrutinized like the Pats this season.

That said, GO, GIANTS!!
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    A friend sent me this !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8 :D

-Rocky
    @###@!~~~!!!!!!!! :shades:
    Yeah, a friend sent me that one, too! I should be horrified at the tastelessness of it but it's too funny!

I always suspected he's be a Cowboys fan....
    Why no posts? Too much jungle juice and out like a light by halftime huh?

Just as I predicted, for the Giants to win they would have to put pressure on Brady. The defensive line should have gotten the MVP award in my opinion. The front 4 were the reason the Giants won... five sacks, a fumble recovery, ? (a lot) of knockdowns, and good pressure throughout. The Giants just looked like the better team.

It was a great Super Bowl despite not a lot of scoring. The only thing that upsets me about the Patriots losing, is that I had to listen to Mercury Morris crowing how the Dolphins are still the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL.

Nope, the Patriots can no longer claim to be the best team in NFL history. Sorry, rocvky, but you have to win the Super Bowl to be considered the best. The Patriots certainly have nothing to be ashamed of (except you know what), they had one of the best "years" in the history of the game. They'll be back. Only next year it will be my Dallas Cowboys, led by Roger Staubach coming out of retirement, to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. ;)
    What's a Super Bowl?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good call, Jipster. ;)

I've been enjoying the post-game jokes:

The cheats got beat.

Belichick left the game before the final kneel down because he had someone videotaping it from the sidelines.
    Belichick left the game before the final kneel down because he had someone videotaping it

LOL. I guess Belicheat can now say he's never been on the field when the Patriots lost a Super Bowl. I thought it was disrespectful to his opponent, and fans, by ignoring the officials request to return to the sideline for the last second. Guess he feels the rules of the game don't apply to him. ;)

Looked as though Randy Moss ran out of gas the last series, when those hailmary passes were thrown to him. I thought he was going to catch the first one, but he didn't elevate or fight for the ball... and the Giant defender knocked the ball away at the last second. The last pass he looked like he gave up on it. :sick:
    looked like he gave up on it.

I think that's Dr. Z's rap against Moss over on SI.com.

No other jokes? There was a classic one about John Elway and passing out of his driveway or something like that that I just can't remember, but that was before he finally won the big one.
    Which part of the no-fail cheating system was it that was working yesterday?:)
    Cheating doesn't guarantee a win - it's just another way to gain an edge. Like the time the Pats sent someone out on the field with a small tractor to clear snow off the field for their kicker. (ESPN)

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes out of the 2001 cheating cloud.
    Hadn't been in last couple of days so allow me to say, YOW! What a great game! Would have been a great game even if the Pats had won and, indeed, the only downside is having to continue hearing the 72 Dolphins.

Insanely well played, crisp game. I'm not used to that in Super Bowls.

I think if any one Giant had knocked Brady down more than once he'd have gotten the MVP but seven different guys did. Eli got the MVP due to the when in doubt give it to the QB - plus he had a heck of a fourth quarter. He's a great two minute quarterback. Maybe he should run two minute offense all the time.
    Am I in the minority when I say that Eli Manning is probably one of the WORST QB's to win a Super Bowl ring?

-moo
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Trent Dilfer

Mark Rypien

No.. he isn't the worst..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Am I in the minority when I say that Eli Manning is probably one of the WORST QB's to win a Super Bowl ring?

I didn't think much of Eli... until the end of the season and the playoffs began. He looked pretty good to me. That one interception he had wasn't his fault, a good pass that bounced off his recievers hand right into the defenses hands.
    Let's see, following his rookie year, Eli led the Giants to the playoffs every year for the next three years. The Giant's defense is dominant, but that's not everything that wins games.

My money is on Elway for your honors. :P

Trent Dilfer gets no respect either.
    Remember guys, I said ONE of the worst. Not the all time worst. I only saw a few moments in that game that were good from him. All I remember is the domination from the Giant's D. :surprise:

-moo
    He's no Joe Namath.

Yet. :shades:
    Moo, you must have been at greenpea's place indulging in adult beverages and had a little too much to drink. Eli has been maligned since coming to the NFL. First for not going to the Chargers then playing in his big brother's shadow. He has grown up quick. I think he will be alright from now on. He came into his own in the first game against the Patsies. Have they fired Billichieat yet?
    ;)
    Mack
    This weeks SI wrote the Giants upset of the Patsies was the second greatest upset in the history of pro football... behind the Jets SB win over the Colts. Makes for good print , but I didn't think it was much of an upset, call it a mild upset.
    The Giants had almost beaten the Pats the second to last game of the season. Then they went on the road in the playoffs and won 3 straight times. A remarkable feat. This SB had all the markings of a great game, and it was. Just remember that W-L record coming into the playoffs doesn't equate to who wins the SB.
    Being a Manning fan (I used to root for Archie, back in the day), I find it interesting that Eli got to the SuperBowl MPV in just 4 years. Took Peyton what, 7?

Too bad Cooper had that back problem or one of the bros could be throwing to him.

Need a t shirt?
    Dallas lost one to the Cardinals they should have won... they didn't play with much heart in that one. Romo has a good arm, but is a bit of an airhead when it comes to knowing when to tuck the ball and run... or when to just throw the ball away.

Glad to see the Patriots and Bellicheat are reaping what they have sown. Their record reflects the fact that they are unable to cheap/spy on their opponents anymore.
    Disclaimer: I am not a Pats fan...

Give it up on the Bellicheat drum already :sick:
    Man... what's happened to the Dallas Cowboys. They suck!

I'm not giving up on them yet... and I'll never give up on beating that "Bellicheat drum" either, pf. :P
    Lots of injuries from Roma on down. The Colts are surprising me - some injuries there too, but it's almost like Dungy has already retired. Gonna be a repeat of the Pats and Giants maybe?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Dallas Cowboys. They suck!

Uh.. you don't know suck!!

Try being a Bengals fan.. :cry:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    I think the bigger story here is - what happened to the Rams and why do they NOT suck at the moment?

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

What you all don't realize is that a lot of the players going south have been bitten by the curse of being on my fantasy football team.

The kiss of death!
    steve: Don't see the Pats in the Super Bowl. See them losing in first round of playoffs. Giants are still looking pretty good, especially on defense.

kyfdx: Actually, being from Louisville I've always been a Bengals "fan".
    Though the last decade or so I've had to resort to wearing a grocery bag over my head.

kirstie: The Rams look like a contender now with their new coach.... beat the Redskins last week. Coach Jim Haslett said it was a matter of his players will, which I agree with to a large extent... have to play with a lot of emotion and heart. Something the Cowboys haven't shown much of this year.

pf: Maybe one of your opponents in your Fantasy League has been stealing signals? ;)
    Who's the turkey who put together this years Thanksgiving day pro football lineup? A crappy Detroit team playing Tenessee, a crappy Seattle team playing Dallas, and mediocre Arizona playing a crappy of late Philadelphia team. Ah well, at least them pickled pigs feet will taste all that much butter. :lemon:
    by the irony of a guy named Richie Incognito who goes out of his way to draw attention to himself. St. Louis fans don't know why or when to cheer? And if you watched any game replay videos, you'd perhaps re-think the benefits of staying incognito. We've noticed you. Big time. Let us know how the CFL treats you, Richie Conspicuous.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

You were right jip. Those Thanksgiving Day games really stunk. They were over before they began. At least I was able to relax some while the Cowboys kicked butt.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    will someone please pick up the girl scouts that were left at arrowhead stadium early this season. kc chiefs current record 2 wins 10 loses. the only consolation is both of their wins were agianst serious rivals. :cry:
    Those aren't girl scouts, okko1. Didn't you see the press release in which they announced that the Chiefs would be replacing the entire defensive line with strategically-placed extra large traffic cones? Pre-season tests determined that they would be slightly more mobile than the planned human defense.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR