Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord VCM

Comments

• hondalvr1hondalvr1 Member Posts: 11
    "Most V-6 buyers aren't drag racers and they don't care."

Be interesting to see the demographics. Having driven as long as I have I personally feel that there is safety value in having extra power - I have expereinced the need for it from time to time in emergencies to get out of the way of someone or something. Many people simply react by braking in all emergency situations, when applying more power would be the better and safer alternative.

A 190 HP 4 cylinder with AT in a 3400+ pound car? Uh...no. A 177 HP 4 cylinder? Even worse. Lose 700 pounds and then I would say you are ok. E.G. the Series 1 Acura Legend - 161 HP V6 in a 2800 pound car. In that case there was plenty of power. The 240 HP in a 2700 pound S2000? More than enough.

4 wheel anti lock disc brakes? Great - conversely the engine should have equal "go" power.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    OK, we disagree but that's OK.

I don't want to admit to the number of years and number of miules I have under my belt including a period in my life when I would do 35,000 miles a year in Los Angeles traffic.

I can't honestly remember even once using power to get me out of a jam excelt of one time when I got out of the way of a guy who had run a red light and was heading for my driver's door. The Dodge Intrepid (no powerhouse) I was driving did the job.

But, some people feel as you do and for those people we do make V-6's
    "The Dodge Intrepid (no powerhouse) I was driving did the job."

3.5 liter OHC V6 214 HP - it moved pretty good, and lots of torque, which many people overlook as the primary factor in acceleration.
    Still, a 190 HP 4 banger Accord would have done as well I think.

Hey, if a person feels strongly about the "need" for a V-6, I have no argument with them. I just think the fours are more than adequate and I'm not alone in my thinking. We sell a whole lot more fours than sixes.
    No, I agree with you, most Honda drivers find the 4 cylinders adequate for their driving needs and demands, plus they avoid this whole VCM issue altogether.
    Depends on your driving style, habits and location. I drive in heavy traffic and feel the need for the extra power almost daily. Were I in a rural or light traffic area I am sure the 4 would suit my purposes just fine. Where are you located?
    I'm in a suburb of Seattle and we have LOTS of traffic!
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    I'm in a suburb of Seattle and we have LOTS of traffic!

...you certainly do have traffic!

Last October rush hour driving: Hotel Deca - Seattle waterfront (ferry) was interesting. My Navy reunion shipmates agreed big time.

Still, my 6M calc'd out at 21 mpg around your city (but south on I-5 enroute home.......would you believe 35?)

..great car.

best, ez....
    Yes, they should have taken it in. Maybe the computer needed a reflash or something.

I loved the way they blamed scraping the alloy wheels on the car's design instead of on themselves for being careless had hitting curbs!
  • cstilescstiles Member Posts: 465
    Actually, if you drill down and read all of the updates from the long term test, there are 45 different blog entries on the Accord. And VCM is addressed a few times. Here is one example....

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2008/06/2008-honda-accord-ex-l-v6-econnoying.- html#more

Another variable with VCM could be weather and temperature. It seems that more of the complaints regarding VCM are coming from drivers who live in parts of the country where there is colder weather(?). The Edmunds test was conducted in nice weather in California, and it's possible that VCM performs more smoothly when the climate is warmer(?). Just speculation, however.
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    That review was all about the light, and not any surging or vibrations. I would just cover or tint over the light. I've done that before with a bright light in a Nissan. Did any of the testers mention surging or vibrations? Seems like someone would have at least mentioned how smooth, or not smooth, the transitions were. :confuse:
    "I loved the way they blamed scraping the alloy wheels on the car's design instead of on themselves for being careless had hitting curbs! "

Sorry - have to agree with them there - the "spokes" of the wheel DO protrude further than the tires themselves and ARE susceptible to curb damage even when the tires themselves are not in contact with the curb. Bad design. These wheels are too expensive to expose them to being that easily damaged. They should be redesigned. Now if they were simply scraping the RIM of the wheel where the treadwall bead is secured to the wheel because they were too close - different story.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    There are 3 things that stuck out to me showing an incomplete review:

1). "Wind and road noise are well isolated" - Huh? What car are they driving?
    2). "The Accord is so quiet, comfortable and smooth on the road you don't get a sense of how fast you are really going" - This is so off, even by remote standards. Did they really test any of the other cars to compare? Changing the brand of tires helps some but this car is nothing but loud. The loudest Honda I've owned to date.
    3). Not one mention of the VCM? Hearing a comment, either about the roughness (or smoothness) or even something related to MPG and how the VCM affected that would have been interesting.

The only negative, if you will, was regarding speed times decreasing? This is not a race car. Come on Edmunds, I know you want to keep your sponsors happy but this is blatant.
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    Closing in on 16 month of ownership and 16,000 miles I'll take a stab at addressing your 3 points:

1) Wind noise is almost non-existent at legal speeds and among the quietest I've been exposed to, tire and road noise is ever present and about the worst I've been exposed to.

2) Not so quiet do to the road noise, very comfortable no problems with the seats that others have had issues with and speed is apparent, any tickets issued while driving this car can only be attributed to in-attentiveness, 35 MPH can sometimes feel like 45.

3) VCM is present in varying degrees depending on the terrain, cruising speed and attitude towards the throttle, and I'm inclined to include temperature as the recent 10-30 degree New England temps have raised my awareness of it's activity.
  • cstilescstiles Member Posts: 465
    Actually, they did reference the surging/vibration....

"I know what you're thinking, the actual cylinder deactivation process is annoying; there must be a shutter or a jolt when the system active and deactivates. Wrong. The annoying part is the light."

This was a test involving 20,000 miles with multiple drivers, environments, driving styles, terrain, and intended/unintended biases. So lack of comment about the surging/vibration is relevant, IMO. It doesn't mean other cars don't have it, but this test example seemed to operate fine to the point hardly anyone even noticed abnormal cylinder operation, surging, vibration. The lack of comments does not suggest an incomplete review, as sunnfun said.
    sunnfun,
    The long term testers obviously didn't have the same problems with the car, that you have. I'm sure if the car exhibited the same surging, and vibrations, some posters on this board describe, at least one of them would have mentioned it. According to some, ALL VCM Accords exhibit these "annoying" and "totally unacceptable" sensations. Apparently, NOT ALL of them do. Even Honda can make a Lemon or two out of 400k, and it seems you were one of the unlucky few. Maybe you will do a more thorough test drive next time, instead of assuming every car on the lot is perfect. I have read reviews on my car (03 EX V6) that were very critical, but my car has been every thing I could have hoped for. I've test driven two cars from the same dealership before, that were very different, despite being the same model and trim.
    I don't see "Mike" listed anywhere in the article you first listed. It references several people but not him (not to say he was not part of the testing but his name was not in the initial article) Also, anyone who says you should drive in D2 or D3 can not be taken seriously? I assume he was joking but not really funny, because you know someone will try it.
    I think your missing my point. Honda spent a considerable amount of money to market the benefits of VCM. And for them to not even mention it, positively or negatively tells me there is more to this story behind the scenes. I have read other articles regarding MPG and VCM, both for and against. I would have assumed Edmonds would have at least mentioned it.
    The good news is that I am going car shopping this weekend. I bought my wife a Lexus ES350 back in the summer and she loves it. I like driving it much more than my car. Provided I don't take to much of a loss, bye bye Honda. It is sad since I have been driving these cars for almost 20 years. But enough is enough.
    For the record, I did do a test drive on local roads. That was my mistake. Had Honda been honest from the beginning, I would have taken it on the highway. I never felt anything (and still don't) driving locally. I have since driven 5 (2 of which were 2009's) and they all do the same exact thing as mine. Even the Tech said they all do it. The issue is how attentive the driver is to their cars as to whether they feel it or not. Again, my issue is not with people who like their car. It is with Honda who won't take responsibilty for this issue, and for people who criticize me for my comments about my car and the VCM. Hopefully, this will all be a moot point very soon.
    I have since driven 5 (2 of which were 2009's) and they all do the same exact thing as mine.

So what you are saying is, All VCM Accords do it, and all of these testers were oblivious to it? As irritating as you all say VCM is, don't you think the testers would have noticed it? And commented on it? Do you think the testers felt the vibrations, and surging, and decided not to say anything, in effect lieing to the readers?
    I am not disputing the fact that "some" cars have vibrations, or surging. I do not agree that "they are all the same". They say they've test driven many different cars (08 & 09 models), and "they all do it". If "they all do it", why didn't the Edmunds reviewers feel it?
    I was planning on my next post being about my as of yet new purchase but I just have to respond to this. I am sure that there are some people (not saying you) that believe everything they read in the media and they assume that all journalist and media persons are on the up and up. I can assure you, through experience, they are not. I am not in anyway saying the persons noted in the review are not being honest. I am saying there could be influences that help to define the story. Now why they did not write ONE thing, good or bad about the VCM, I can't say for sure. And considering Honda changed it's marketing, I find it suspicious. I can tell you that Honda does read this board. Maybe this would be a question for Pat or Karen.

Pat/Karen - would you be willing to disclose what type of relationship Edmunds has with Honda? Is it financial or some other type of agreement with Honda?
  • elliott2elliott2 Member Posts: 64
    You may find the following review interesting: http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?revid=53936&indcriteria=ASSET_TYPE-Affil- iate+Review%2cBuying+Guide%2cVehicle+Profile%7cM-_18_%7cD-_212_%7cY-_2008_%7cres- ultStructure-combined&revlogtype=19&makeid=18&modelid=212&year=2008&myid=&revlog- type=19&section=reviews&mode=&aff=national

Meanwhile the parts to fix the noise and vibration on my 08 Accord are on back order. According to the parts dept at our local Honda dealership, the parts were not in stock "due to the number of Accords needing the same repair."

My previous Accord was an '03 and it did not have the problems that many others had with that particular model year. I don't expect perfection in a product that is mass produced; however, I do expect the manufacturer to step to the plate, address the problem, and at least attempt to satisfy the customer. So far, Honda's response has been less than you'd expect from a company whose past reputation was built on quality.
    "Bad design" ??

Actually the part that gets scraped isn't the spokes. It's the lip of the wheel where it meets the tire.

I love it when someone blames carelessness on the manufacturer.

Funny, I've never scraped one of mine but I do tend to be careful when I pull up to a curb!
    The testers didn't feel it, I've never felt it and I've never even heard of it except in this forum!
    When the cars.com reviewer started with this paragraph, I had to ask myself, is this a "professional" reviewer?
    "I might be wrong here, but didn't Hondas used to have a "cute" aspect to them? You know, kind of like a Mini Cooper or a VW Beetle? They're tough little machines with personality to boot, right? You can still see Honda's cute look in the CRV and Pilot. But where is it in the sedans? I don't want to offend any loyal Honda fans - I know there are many of you out there. But can someone please explain this identity shift? Do you like it?
    "
    So I went to the previous reviewer, Mike Hanley, and he had this to say about VCM.

"Honda's integration of VCM is exceptional; it's nearly impossible to tell when the car is running on three, four or six cylinders.

Which baffles me, because some owners claim they test drove 5 different cars, and "they all were exactly the same". :confuse:
    If I have the radio off on a level road, yes, I can feel it but I've never experienced a vibration or any of the other problems people talk about here.

Nor have I EVER had anyone else mention this or perceive a problem.
  • sundance2sundance2 Member Posts: 23
    We are long time Honda Accord owners, dating to the first Ohio built Accord in 1982. There has been an Accord in our garage ever since, so you can see we are happy owners.

Our latest is a 2008 Accord EXL-V6 with VCM. We traded in an 04 Acura TL which was a fine car, but we tired of the harsh ride, especially here in Ohio with all the bad winter damaged roads. The new Accord rides very nice but we had to drive a number of months before we got used to its bigger size, and we still have a 2003 Accord EX-V6, which is noticeable smaller.

We continue to notice the VCM but now do not pay any attention to it. However, if I had a choice, I would have Honda have a lockout switch so those who find it offensive could disable it. The new Accord does not get the advertised MPG on the road but does better in town. Our Acura got much better MPG but used premiumn gas. I asked our Dealer if there was a lockout command to the onboard computer but he said they were not aware of one.

In the end, we are still happy Accord owners but suggest Honda look long and hard at VCM to see if it reallty benefits anybody, since it is not in the V6 coupe with manual transmisson.

For what it is worth, I am a senior citizen.
  • abeebabeeb Member Posts: 25
    I thought that this was a forum for those who have the VCM problem and those who want to help us fix it. If you are not in either of these groups, and apparently you are not, why do you insist on making posts here? What possible value are you adding by telling us that you have never heard of this problem from anyone else? Maybe you're hoping we'll stop voicing our concerns and retract our previous statements? Something like this?:

"I hereby retract all my comments about having a VCM problem. I made a mistake. My Honda does not in fact vibrate or surge at certain speeds and has always, since the day I bought it, given me the driving experience I expected. I have either been too sensitive to these issues or I have been deceptive in my statements. I apologize for the lies and deception in my previous postings and I hereby appeal to all of you who are complisent in this conspiracy to cease and desist and stop posting in this forum. Further, I applaud isellhondas and others in their persistence in exposing this fraud for what it is"

There, does that make you feel better? You finally got at least one of the six of us to admit it. After all, that is why you post here, right?...

Now smile and go sell some more Hondas!
  • fslaugtsfslaugts Member Posts: 36
    I think the VCM was a bad idea and I would not buy an accord with that feature. It adds cost to the car with little benefit. I also wonder if it could cause engine problems as the car gets old. I enjoyed these posts and think their was a lot of good information for people thinking about the new accord. Thanks all Fred
    Sorry but there seem to be a few here who want the world to believe that this is a widespread, horrible problem.

You really don't need to be sarcastic. I don't doubt you are experiencing "something". It just that this "something" is a condition that I have heard nothing about except in this forum.

So. carry on...maybe those with problems will be able to find a solution.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    This is a forum for those who wish to discuss the VCM that was added when the Accord was redesigned in the 08 model year. All are welcome whether they have an Accord with VCM or not and whether they are having issues with the VCM in their Accord or not.

That said, there is no reason for members to repeat the same things over and over. So those of you who are guilty of doing that, please let it go.

Thanks.
  • chappelearchappelear Member Posts: 1
    Wake up Honda before your dirty little secret lands you in a class action law suit. My 08 shows the same symptoms as the others on this blog. I now have a case number but Honda's official position on this is "it is all in the customers imagination". I have a brother-in-law whom I can not mention, that is in quality management at the Honda Marysville Ohio plant. He has told me Honda is well aware of the problem and has instructed all employees and dealers to deny the problem.

My 08 also uses a quart of oil every 3000 miles. This problem has been to the regional manage level and the official response is "A quart of oil every 3000 miles is normal. Yea right! This means if you followed the maintance minder system which shows the oil life is still 50% on my car at 6000 miles it would require adding 3 quarts in between oil changes. Again Honda......this is not normal

This will be my last Honda
  • jbhansenjbhansen Member Posts: 20
    If I have the radio off on a level road, yes, I can feel it but I've never experienced a vibration or any of the other problems people talk about here.

Strange that you "feel" with your ears, but anywho....

I purchased an '09 Accord EX-L V6 with VCM between Christmas and New Years. I traded an '07 Ridgeline. The Ridgeline would constantly up-shift and down-shift on the Interstate because of grade changes. The Accord, on the other hand, rarely shifts, but rather, the VCM modulates the power/torque to get up steeper grades without shifting the transmission. I can, in fact, feel the VCM at work, but it is nowhere near as bad as the Ridgeline's constant shifting and change in RPM.

The only vibration I have ever felt with this new Accord is in the throttle pedal at low speed. The engine mounts and active noise cancellation appear to be doing their job of keeping vibration and noise from the VCM at bay.
  • robotaz2robotaz2 Member Posts: 7
    Actually, you don't sound like a typical person who might own a coupe because they are a.) sporty versions of the car, and b.) typically have larger, low profile tires with the type of wheels that require some degree of sense to keep from scraping up. That said, my Accord coupe came with three chipped wheels from the factory. Either there are complete idiots mounting the tires or the machinery that is used at the factory is crap. Either way, the wheels being chipped on my brand new car really made me mad. And, my VCM still drives me nuts. But, the worst part about owning this car has been the constantly popping console, trim around the stereo, and the rattling in the headliner. This will be my last Honda for sure. I have been very, very disappointed with this car and it was my first Honda. It makes me mad, but I can afford to laugh at how stupid people who love Honda are and write this car off as a total loss. I will be buying a 2009 F150 to be rid of this Honda very soon.
  • elliott2elliott2 Member Posts: 64
    It's not strange that "you feel with your ears"; it's physics. All sound is caused by vibration.
  • dpsportsdpsports Member Posts: 23
    I've posted here in the past but tend to get frustrated with the naysayers who believe these (their) products are all perfect. But since I'm about to take a substantial $$$$ hit to unload my 2008 EX-L V6 w/ Navi BEATER, I thought I'd bring some things up one final time.

This is not the only place to find comments/concerns about VCM in th '08 Accord V6. Try starting here http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6119166

To save some the trouble I'll just quote directly from the author below;

On the sedan, you can feel when VCM is activated - the engine relays a slight gravelly tingle through the toeboard. Even when all six cylinders are at work, the larger engine is not as turbine-smooth as its predecessor. The underhood sound track is a little gruffer, more aggressive. But it's certainly not unpleasant. Arguably, it's a good fit with the new Accord's sportier persona.

I have struggled with this issue from the beginning. To answer some earlier questions, I am late 30's and live in Southern Ontario. Very cold winters, very hot summers. Same issues years round. Vehicle is now 16 months old and has 45,000 klm. It stutters constantly when attempting to drive at a consistent speed over 70 klm/hour. Go ahead, pick one - 80, 110 - don't care. Cruise actually makes it better which has caused me to discuss throttle issues with dealership. They have acknowledged problem and that's it.

It gets better, brake shoes replaced at about 20,000 k and rotors warped. Climate control system now blows little bits of white crap (plastic?) out of the front vents when it hasn't been on in a few days (really nice on a black interior). For that matter, the entire HVAC unit often seems like it is possessed and blows at high volume unexpectedly. Seats are brutally uncomfortable on long hauls. But you know what, mileage is better than I anticipated.

All this for the bargain price of $37,000 Canadian dollars. What really shocks me right now is that this vehicle is the finest Honda Passenger Sedan available. Think about that, this is their best Passenger Sedan. And it is a horrible car.

I owned a 2003 Accord V6, a 2005 Accord V6 and now this one. I will never purchase another Honda.
    isellhondas.....according to the latest numbers, you're not selling many.

This is not the only place where Accord VCM issues are being discussed. There are many sites/forums and dealerships that are currently trying to do something to fix this problem, hopefully before it blows up just like the 2003-2007Accord Odometer SNAFU that resulted in your recent class-action lawsuit. I wait anxiously to receive my $450 in excess mileage charges I am now owed by Honda Leasing for the two vehicles I owned that had faulty odometers.

Did you defend those accusations as well?

Try this link

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6119166

Strange, they can sense somethings not quite right either.
    Love this post isellhondas......oops, it's from another forum.......

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24338

Get the hint.

Don't try to fix our opinion. FIX THE PROBLEM.
    Re: 2008 Accord- VCM Problems (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2008 18:22
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=738154&page_number=2&

I have horrible VCM problems. Vibration around town and the car struggles to find correct gear on highway. Actually, I don't believe it actually changes gears but it feels like it. It appears the VCM engaging and disengaging is causing some pausing and RPM change.

I HATE the VCM. If anyone knows a trick to turn it off I will do it in a heartbeat. Honda has driven the car and stated everything is "normal" . Riiiiight.

P.S. Please don't bother replying I am a liar. The last time I was on this board everyone jumped down my throat that I was flaming the board. I have owned many accords and loved them with the exeception of my 2008 V6. THe VCM ruins it.
  • brian83brian83 Member Posts: 6
    I feel for you, I am going through the same issues and with the car vibrations and have also been told by Honda Canada that this is a characteristic of the vehicle. I am waiting for my date for arbitration to present my case and hopefully be able to get Honda to purchase this vehicle back. This was my first and probably my last Honda that I will buy, they sure don't live up to their name..... You should try contacting Camvap,ca and request an arbitration hearing. If enough of us do this then maybe Honda will actually do something about the problem. I too am from Southern Ontario, have the vibration at 100-120/km, had front brakes replaced already, passenger seat is very uncomfortable on long rides, car handles terrible in snow and overall was a very big disappointment.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I have horrible VCM problems. Vibration around town and the car struggles to find correct gear on highway. Actually, I don't believe it actually changes gears but it feels like it. It appears the VCM engaging and disengaging is causing some pausing and RPM change.

I may be wrong (and biased) since my VCM equipped Accord runs fine, but I think VCM works best in steady state driving. Not saying that you do, but I found most drivers are constantly moving their right foot on the gas pedal; up/down, up/down, it's annoying to ride as a passenger sometimes! And this is in a non-Honda car! All my roads where I live are 55 mph, so anywhere between 55 and 65 I set the cruise on where possible to achieve the best mpg's I can in my commute, even in between lights. I know when I'm in 4 cyl vs 3 cyl mode (due to vibrations or harmonics I feel and hear) and I try to keep in 3 cyl mode as long as possible. Sort of like driving a hybrid I guess, trying to drive as efficiently as possible. But when the driver in front can't make up their mind if they want to go 50 or 65, it can make it hard to drive at a steady speed. The only annoying thing for me so far was being a quart of oil low at 5,700 miles. I have over 6,400 miles now with no add'l oil usage and I'm still at 30% oil life.
    Believe you me the vibration is at a steady speed, once the vehicle hits around 100km/hr even with the cruise control on it vibrates. It is a very uncomfortable ride and very tiring for the driver. I drove the vehicle from Toronto to Rochester and was extremely tired by the time we arrived due to the vibrations.
    my soon to be new car (yes, I'm trading the Accord), I happened upon this review.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2008/11/05/test-drive-2009-honda-accord-ex-l-v6-na- vi.htm

and I quote When matched up with the automatic tranny, the Accord’s V6 gets Honda’s Variable Cylinder Management system, the latest version of which can shut off two or three cylinders to save fuel. It works well - a green “eco” light on the dash is the only obvious clue that the car isn’t running on all six cylinders - but keen drivers will notice a slight surging sensation during steady highway cruising as the engine switches among its three-, four- and six-cylinder modes.

Nice to know that I'm not losing my mind......

Good bye and good luck.
  • yukayuka Member Posts: 9
    Sorry - do you know what you sell? If you look at the wheel from the side the "spokes" stick our farther than the tire. With a tall curb there is no question - the "spokes" hit the curb, NOT the tire or the rim. It IS a bad design. I am not the best parallel parker and my wheels are already a mess! Will need replacements to sell it.
    "
    I love it when someone blames carelessness on the manufacturer" - while I am NOT careless I am not a good parker - but the design is defective. Road testers have noted it too. Be honest about what you sell.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Because when you scrape the curb the wheels get messed up, the design is defective?

What does that have to do with VCM (not sure who started that issue,but really?)?
  • yukayuka Member Posts: 9
    It is the PART of the wheel that is the issue - I understand if I park too close I will scrape the rim where the bead of the tire is. I am tlkaing about scarping the SPOKES of the wheel that sitck out farther than the rim. You don't even have to be that close to the curb to do it - and yes, the design IS defective. This is the only car I have ever owned in my 40 years of car ownership that has had this problem, including many Hondas. It vcame up in the Edmunds long term road test and was commented on earlier in this thread.
    Yes, it did come up here earlier, but since this topic is about the VCM, let's take any further discussion of design flaws to one of the more general topics in the Accord group.

Thanks!
    You know there are people here on the site that have not had the issues with the VCM and the vibration and you may be one of the lucky ones, but for the ones that are experiencing this issue and our frustration it would be nice that you would let us discuss it here on this site. If you don't have a problem with your vehicle then there is no need for you to put in your two cents worth.......Not all cars are perfect and obviously there are quite a few of us that have gotten these NOT PERFECT vehicles. I do not find this vehicle a comfortable drive, actually I am quite tired by the time I end my drive from the vibration, and having to fight with the steering wheel to keep it on the road......This is the owners wife making this post and I am very frustrated with this vehicle. I find that Honda is just giving the run around in the hopes that you just give up. I work in Customer Service and have for most of my life and I must say that Honda's Customer Service is extremely lacking...If I responded the way that they have to my customer's, well let's put it this way I would be unemployed by now. This has been a continual problem with the vehicle and Honda should have taken this vehicle themselves and resolved the issue. Like I say very very poor Customer Service.
    The recent posts about rocks and windshields were moved since they have nothing to do with this topic. Here is the link: tomlema, "Honda Accord (2008-) Maintenance and Repair" #814, 22 Feb 2009 7:03 am.

Other off-topic and/or personally directed posts have been removed.

Brian83, you, just like everyone else, are welcome to post here as long as your posts are civil and respectful and otherwise conform to the Membership Agreement. No one is preventing you from talking about the issues you are having so please feel free to carry on.
  • jbhansenjbhansen Member Posts: 20
    As I've reported before in this forum, the only issue I've had with the VCM V6 is a whine and throttle pedal vibration around 1300 RPM and 20 mph. I took delivery the last week of December '08 and the car currently has 1560 miles on it.

I took the car over to the dealer (Goodson Honda North in Houston) this morning to have the above mentioned problem checked out. The technician acknowledged the sound/vibration and he checked all the active engine mounts. Everything came back normal. Apparently, the sound/vibration is indeed endemic to this vehicle. My service adviser said she would keep an eye out for service bulletins related to this issue, but other than that, I was told nothing could be done.

For me personally, this is just picking nits. I can definitely live with this. It really doesn't bother me that much and I just wanted to make sure that nothing else was wrong.