Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello msubobcat. Vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses, making them increasingly expensive to lease unless their manufacturer provides a tremendous amount of support on them. As a result, at some point late in the model year, automakers usually pull the plug on their leases support for leftover models and replace it with a straight cash incentive. That is what Nissan has done with its '08 models. You cannot lease an '08 Rogue through NMAC any longer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tjrusstjruss Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car man,
    I will be making a decision on a Rogue in the next 2 weeks. Here's what I got from a local dealer;
    2009 SL AWD w/Premium package.
    MSRP - $26,255
    Sell price = $23,100
    39 months @ 12k miles
    $0 down, $381 mth or $1500 down (to cover tax, title, inception, etc) and $337 mth.

Based on July's rates, does this sound right? I was hoping to get closer to $350/mth with $0 out of pocket. Possible??
    They seem to be selling a lot of Rogues, so I'm wondering if they're not as anxious to deal...
    Any assist is appreciated. Thanks
    Hi tjruss. The Rogue that you described probably has a spread of around $1,850 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. On top of that, Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle in your region, the Northeast. That gives you a total of around $2,850 to play with during your negotiations. The $3,155 dealer discount that you were quoted is even larger than that. That is an excellent selling price. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor of .00230 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • cla2021cla2021 Member Posts: 3
    Just got the following offer:

Rogue SL AWD + premium + leather + moonroof - 29k msrp

39 months, 15k miles/year

$2000 down + $373/month.

This is my first lease and I'm not too familiar with Rogue deals, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?

This was from Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton, CT.

Thanks.
    Hi cla2021. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at the selling price that was used to arrive at the payment that you were quoted. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • nickmaxnickmax Member Posts: 9
    Hi cla2021 we just got a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with premium, leather, moonroof, all the works
    39 months, 15K miles x Year, $2,000 total out of pocket, $300 x month
    Nissan Of Garden City in Long Island, NY
    Msrp $29 and change.

to be honest I care about the payment more than the final price.
  • t_ct_c Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual on the Nissan Rogue SL AWD with premium, Leather, and moonroof?

I'm looking at the same as the one above my post, but I was quoted $339 with $1k down? (39 month lease)

Also how much higher does the money factor go up for a little longer lease?

And sorry for all the questions, but what happens when your bringing negative trade into the lease? :confuse:
  • nualakerr1nualakerr1 Member Posts: 9
    I am interested in leasing an 09 Rogue in early November.

What do you think would be a good lease for SL AWD with leather, and moonroof with zero down, 36 mths, 12,000 miles a year?

Also what about FWD SL with moonroof with zero down same terms?

Trying to get a cheap lease but want a low payment.
  • killermezokillermezo Member Posts: 10
    i just leased the S AWD yesterday basic with no options what so ever for $280, 0 down and 15000 miles a year! the msrp for the one i got was around 22k so i dont know i think every $1000 extra in msrp is aroud 15 a month. i could've acutally negociated down even more but i had my wife with me and she hates the process so u could do even better!
    You got a great deal!!! I just want a cheap lease and I do not like putting money down. If I could get an SL with a sunroof no other bells and whistles I would be very happy. I won't be ready though unil Nov as that is when my current lease with Honda is up.
    I signed the papers for a new Rogue today. Do you think this is a good deal?

2010 Rogue SL FWD White exterior, black cloth interior with sunroof, bluetooth, intelligence key with zero down (I gave the dealership $0) and they cut me a check for $752 for the last 2 remaining paments on my honda lease. 39 months, 12k a year for $379 including all taxes out the door. They paid all my taxes, tags, license, registration.
    Drive off the lot with zero dollars out of my pocket and next payment due in 30 days.
    Hi t_c. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Rogue SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00196 and 55%, respectively. Its numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00196 and 54%.

The numbers for anything longer than that are a lot worse. For example, NMAC's 48 month numbers are .00290 and 40%.

Car_man
    Host
  • t_ct_c Member Posts: 13
    darn... I got .00231 for a 39 month term. maybe the credit was a little lower, or the dealer made more of a spread. but I was satisfied with the payment and what they gave me for me trade, so I can't complain to much.

Thank you for the information!!

By the way my wife loves the car!!
  • jeffmetannajeffmetanna Member Posts: 3
    Anybody think the following is a good deal? I've got it from one of my local dealers.

2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD (Gotham Grey)
    + AWD Premium Package
    + Leather Package
    + Moon-roof
    = $900 upfront + $370/m

Thank you.
  • cousinjenncousinjenn Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I was wondering if you could help me? I have been reading some of the posts and have taken note that models loose their residual value at the end of the model year. I hope the Rogue isn't too gone. I am looking at a 2009 SL AWD with sunroof/awd prem package/leather package plus a few small extras (mats, guards, kickplates, etc). The sticker price is $29455 and they are advertising it on their website for $25401. I assume this advertised price includes the $1250 cash back that Nissan is offering. What should I be looking for as far as a great lease price for 36-39 months, nothing down except 1st month's payment? Oh, and I need 15k miles a year. I have went on some calculators, but the payments are coming in around $500 a month and people here are saying they are getting them for under $400. I just don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks so much!!!
    Hey cous. I don't know this vehicle's exact dealer invoice price, but it likely has a spread of around $2,250 between its MSRP and invoice so we'll use that number for this exercise.

Things get a little more complicated from there. Through the 18th of this month, Nissan is providing a special $500 cash incentive on this model everywhere. So far so good, however it has a $1,000 cash incentive on leases on this vehicle that's only available in certain areas. If you let me know what state you are in, I would be happy to tell you if this additional cash is available in your area. It will make a big difference.

So we're looking at anywhere from $2,750 to $3,750 to play with in your negotiations. I personally would shoot for a $2,250 total discount on the areas that don't have the additional grand and $3,250 in the areas that do.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Rogue SL AWD that has an MSRP of $29,455 and a selling price of $27,205 through NMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $393. The payment drops to around $363 in areas that have the extra grand.

Good luck. Make sure to let us know if you have any other questions and how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • bad1550bad1550 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I am considering leasing a 2010 S AWD for $178 per month for 39 months, 12k per yr with a total of $2,675 down which includes Bank fee, taxes plus DMV. They are also paying off last 3 months left on our 2006 Nissan Murano at $314 per month.

The dealer is in NY, Westchester county.

Is this a good deal?

Thx,

Bob
  • csc2csc2 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man - I have just seen this lease deal at my Vegas Nissan dealer:
    Can you tell me if this is something worth doing? I have no clue how to deal with leases and am at a disadvantage being a girl amongst the Vegas salesmen sharks.
    Thank you! Carla

2010 Rogue S AWD w/ Splash and Mats Lease
    39 Months - $199/Month - $3,594 initial payment.

2010 Rogue S AWD w/ Splash and Mats Lease
    39 Months - $199/Month - $3,594 initial payment.

Excludes taxes, title, license. $3,594 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment, and $595 Acquisition Fee).(INCLUDES $1,000 cash back applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.)

Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2010 Rogue S AWD w/ Splash and Mats model 77419 subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $22,650 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $18,899. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,761.00. At lease end, purchase for $14,269.50 plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12000 miles per year. Lessee is
    responsible for maintenance and repairs.
    A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term.
    See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends November 2, 2009.
  • csc2csc2 Member Posts: 7
    I was also wondering...the $199/mo is probably not inclusive of tax, license and fees, right? how much would I be looking at in reality monthly and how can I negotiate down payment and whatever else? Is there such thing???
    Thank you for your help.
  • lfcarlfcar Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man

Any update on Octobers lease rate and residual.

Based on their national lease incentive I backed out a 63% Residual on a 39 month lease, 1k miles per month. Lease factors is ??? .00245 ???

So far I have gotten a deal for $273 per month, $0 down for an Rogue S with MSRP of $21,305.

Also, what should the discount off of MSRP run with the $1,000 back for leases right now.

Trying to nail down all the moving parts to get the best deal.

Many Thanks for your response!

Larry
    this is a great deal even if you follow the national lease incentive directly. If you venture with a different model or MSRP just ensure the monthly amount doesn't change too much in comparison with the change in MSRP.
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Can someone give me the residual and money factor on a Murano 2010 S with 12 k miles per year on both a 36 and 39 month lease?
    Thanks guys appreciate your help
    Rob
    Just leased the Rogue for $305 per month, 39 months with 15k miles per year. Only $330 total out of pocket up front!
    S Model with 360 degree package. MSRP was $22940 on the vehicle.

Residual 60% for 39 months 15 k miles per year. 61% for 12k miles. 63% on an AWD Model
    Money factor.0024.

Easiest way to deal on this is go to edmunds and request a quote from ALL of the Nissan dealers in your area for the Rogue. Be VERY specific when you start getting responses with the deal you want....You will see some come in at $370-$385 with $0 down. With minimal pushback, simply explain you want to pay $299 (or less) per month with $0 down on the S model... They all can make this deal as I had no less than 3 dealers give me the same deal.

best wishes
    Larry :)
    Hey thanks a lot for the info!
    I am a little bit confused with the 306 number you negotiated... was that on an AWD 39 month 15k ? if so is the residual 63 percent?

I calculated an S model with the 360 degree package based on an MSRP of 22940 with a residual of 60% on 39month 15k miles. These are the numbers I came up with .. correct me if im wrong....
    22940 x 60% = 13764
    22940 - 13764 = 9176
    9176 / 39 = 235.28

36704 x .0024(money factor) = 88.08

235.28 + 88.08 = 323.36

This is without taxes... please tell me how you got to the 306.. I did not include the $330 out of pocket you put down because I dont know if that was for destination etc.
    Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Carla. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate its payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I believe that Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 Rogue right now in your area. Given that incentive and the dealer cash that's currently available on this model, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price of around $1,000 under dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Once you have a selling price that you're comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your Rogue's lease payment using Nissan's current buy rate money factor of .00241 and you're in business.

All of the incentives that I mentioned above are scheduled to run through November 2nd. Please feel free to check back with me tomorrow and I should be able to give you an idea of what its new November program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man how are you ? Long time.. you helped me a few years ago with a 350z Lease. Now I am trying to help a friend lease a rogue.
    When you get a hold of the new numbers for Nov on a rogue please let me know the residual and money factor on a 2010 S rogue with 12 k miles on both a 36 and 39 month term.
    Thank you!
    Rob
    Welcome back Rob. I'm doing very well thanks for asking. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Rrogue S with 12,000 miles per year are .00241 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00241 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • seanfaucetteseanfaucette Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to get your perspective on whether this is a good deal. Could i get a better deal than this?

2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD
    MSRP = $22500 (includes destination charge)
    39 Month Lease
    12K per year
    Residual = 61%
    Money Factor = .00241
    Taxes + Bank Fee = 1475
    DMV, Title and Registration, Plates = 200
    Monthly = 290

Out of pocket, I will be paying only DMV, Title, Registration, Plates and first payment = 490
    All other fees and taxes are rolled into my monthly
  • ejkcpaejkcpa Member Posts: 7
    You did get a good deal but I got a better one.
    2010 Rogue SL AWD
    1000/mo for 39 mo=39000 miles
    No money down. Sign and Drive
    $285/mo
    All I paid was $285 + DMV fees and $75 charge = 528.

My only complaint is that the SL AWD does not come with camera for backing up.
  • ezriedersezrieders Member Posts: 1
    What state/dealer did you get that from - sounds very good - how much at end of lease if you do not purchase?
  • ejkcpa95ejkcpa95 Member Posts: 1
    I purchase from Garden City Nissan, in NYS. (Long Island) All leases from NMAC now have a $395 disposition fee at the end of the lease. This began Jan 2009. I checked to make sure!
  • seanfaucetteseanfaucette Member Posts: 2
    It was from NY City. Should I move forward. They said they would still honor the price?
    The dealer is on Long Island not NYC. Saleperson was Victor Paguay. He was wonderful. Not pushy and understood that I did my research and wasn't there to waste time. Tell him I sent you and Good Luck. The only thing was I took a car that they had in stock. It was not my choice of color but it was worth my price.
  • roberttwrroberttwr Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market to lease 2010 Rogue S with the 360 package or Rogue SL for either 36 or 39 months. 12k miles/yr. What is the selling price, money factor and residual value in I should look for determing the lowest lease payment possible?
    Hi roberttwr. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Rogue S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00241 and 62%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model, but only in certain parts of the country. I would be happy to tell you whether you are eligible for this cash if you tell me what state you are in.

As far as what selling price to shoot for goes, if I was in the market for a 2010 Rogue, I would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 if I was eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the prompt response. I live in massachusetts and am about 20 minutes from the Connecticut border.
    You're very welcome, roberttwr. You're in luck, Mass is one of the places that the $1,000 cash incentive on NMAC leases is available in.

Car_man
    Host
    One last question. I am being told that there is a disposition fee at the end of the lease. The salesman stated that is a Nissan (NMAC I presume) imposed fee which they have started fairly recently. I have never paid a disposition fee before at lease end. Please advise.
  • fmm1fmm1 Member Posts: 1
    Ejkcpa

Your SL AWD is a great deal. Couple of quick questions. Did you pay bank acquisition fee of $ 595 as part of the lease or was that waived?

Did you get leather package and moonroof? What were the options?

It seems the residual rate was 62%? Please confirm.

Thank you for sharing.
    I did not pay a $595 acq. fee - it was waived. I did not get the leather package with the moonroof. Regular option that the SL comes with.

Residual rate was 62% - correct.

I also have in my lease agreement a disposal fee of $395 which I did confirm with NMAC. Nissan began the disposal fees in Jan 2009 however I assume when you return the car and take another Nissan it will be waived. That's just my opinion.
  • cosmographcosmograph Member Posts: 2
    We got the 2010 Nissan Rogue SL with leather, moonroof and basically fully loaded, but not with back up camera. We worked with a dealer in Rockland County, New York. I was quoted $278 for the S and $369/month for the SL, with no money down other than basic fees and taxes. When we sat to do the paperwork, they sprang a $595 bank fee and a $75 "doc fee". I knew these were ripoff charges, but did not want to upset my very excited daugher, so meekly signed the docs. The total out of pocket at signing was $2560. I was not happy with such a huge out of pocket charge and would have argued had I been there alone. Nice car, but once again I leave a car dealership feeling victimized. Perhaps I am over-reacting.
    I guess you didn't incorporate the sales tax into the lease. I think you're paying too much but if it's done-it's done. I could have gotten your car for $320 no money down and sales tax included. No $595 bank fee but I did pay that "dumb" $75 fee. You should never pay the sales tax up front because if you have an accident when you leave the dealership you are out the sales tax.

Enjoy the car and enjoy the ride.
  • cosmographcosmograph Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. It is nice seeing the kids so excited about the car. They love it. Where, and what dealership, offers this car for just $320 on the lease and no money down? I'll shop there for my next car.
    Hi roberttwr. NMAC didn't used to charge a disposition fee, but it is very possible that is started charging one. A number of other banks do charge termination fees. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

Car_man
    Host
  • tacticalbuytacticalbuy Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    looking for current money factor and residual for both 2010 Rogue AWD S and SL for 36/39 month lease - not sure if it has changed since Jan. Want to go in to the dealer armed with everything i'll need to know whether I'm being screwed or not on Saturday

Am in Mass so if any other incentives, would appreciate those as well, thanks in advance - info from this forum helped me get a fantastic deal on an Altima a few months back!

Is the acquisition fee from NMAC negotiable or set in stone typically? I know the doc fee can go away
  • carexpert08carexpert08 Member Posts: 49
    Hey I would like to know where you got a deal like since I am currently in the market for the same car.
    I leased my car from Garden City Nissan in Garden City NY.
    Welcome back, tacticalbuy. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Rogue S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00257 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00257 and 61%.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Rogue in your state.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Dealers are often allowed to mark banks' fees up, so make sure that the dealer doesn't charge you any more than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • renjennycrenjennyc Member Posts: 2
    Am hoping to buy the SL AWD loaded tomorrow. Dealer (Ramsey Nissan) already offered $369/mo lease plus tax, first month and fees (although I don't know what the fees are). I have a trade-in worth about $1200 and was willing to put $1500 down. Sounds like he was really trying to kill me on the deal. $320 including tax and no money down sounds amazing. Where can I get this deal?
  • renjennycrenjennyc Member Posts: 2
    Is the $1000 cash incentive offered in NJ right now? And how often do the money factor and residual value numbers change? I would appreciate any help you can offer me when I go into the dealer tomorrow. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.