Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Coupe Wheel Vibration

Comments

• golfrskigolfrski Posts: 262
    Call the BBB AUTO LINE and file a complaint. be prepared to demonstrate more than 3 attempts to repair the vibration ... I am going to save you months of heart ache here......... save the stress and call them for advice and assistance. The vibration will NOT go away no matter how many tires you swap (in my personal opinion) be there done that.
  • If you don't mind what state do you live in? I live in Florida and this started the day I picked up the the car and Honda has tried to fix the problem. I have to agree with you about it happening on some days and better on others.

I still get the shimmy and vibration in the rear but the dealer has been working to try and fix the problems. What can we do?

I would be curious to find out just how many people are experiencing this throughout the country?

Thanks - PalmCoastG35 :lemon:
  • rogerb34rogerb34 Posts: 30
    They mean the difference front alignment to rear alignment was 10 percent.
    I get a 4 wheel alignment initially and then front thereafter.
    Every 12k to preserve handling, ride, tire wear.
    Will do another 4 wheel at higher mileage, about 75k.
  • I found something very interesting last evening....

I had 4 occupants in the car and the wheel vibration was not even noticeable. I traveled on the same road as I usually do, testing at speeds of 60; 65; 70; 75 and 80 mph. Also, the road noise was not as prevalent as it is when I am alone in the vehicle.

It makes me believe that the suspension/tires on the roadway might really be the main cause. When I drive by myself, the vibration is much more noticeable. I am planning to call the dealer on Monday to let him know of these. .... :confuse:
  • Is this problem only on automatic or does it plague the manual transmission coupes?
  • I own a automatic - :lemon: I would expect more from a HONDA !
  • THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOLKS SEDAN & COUPES (IT SEEMS)
  • So what is Honda doing about it? These vehicles are certainly not fun to drive anymore and not sure what I am going to do about it! :sick:
  • Oh sadness! I just took my car into the dealer, had the tires balanced and was told everything was, "within the norm." After test driving and returning to the dealer, I was told the problem was, "the highway design and construction in CA." Not being satisfied with that answer(!), I'm meeting the district mgr. of the dealership this morning to try to get some help. Just now, I found this forum. How depressing. I loved my car before but suddenly realize the honeymoon is over. I'll call BBB, as suggested and write to Honda of America. :cry: Has anyone had success with new tires? Thanks.
  • Here is what I did....I bugged them until they removed the tires from the rim. I had them balance the rims first, then put the tires back on and had them balance the tire again. I had them spin the tires up to 90 mph on the balancer. I had them rotate the tires. I had a 4 wheel alignment and finally put NITROGEN in all 4 tires. It resolved most of the problem with only a slight variance of a vibration. I too love this car and will continue to drive it. Honda is tight lipped about solving the problem entirely. I think they realize by making a change of the vehicle they messed up. We will have to wait and see what the end result is! Stay sane and keep on the Dealerships [non-permissible content removed].....! Do not give up....everytime you bring it in, have them do a road variance to make sure they can get the numbers down.... :cry:
  • Thank you very much. I'll give your advice a try. Unfortunately, the service dept. set up a meeting for me this morning with a Honda of Am. district person, not someone higher up in the dealership. The Honda of America person wanted to do a test drive with me and someone else from the dealership (startted out to be three people from the dealership), "for legal reasons to protect me. Not that you would do anything." (I'm a retired lady about the same size as the district person and not any where close to the intimidating sort.) When I said that sounded strange to me, she replied it was also so she would have someone else to hear our conversation- in other words a witness. How did this get so complicated so quickly? I responded by saying I'd come back when I had someone to be my witness. Of course, four people in the car will be a different kind of ride, so I'll have to think about the logistics. Somewhere along the line a more appropriate next step was missed...
  • Let me tell you that when I had 4 people in the car before all my work was done the car ran differently also and did not have the vibration to bad. What you need to do is tell them to stop this BS and get down to the problem and fix the car.

I have to tell you about an owner in New York who had a problem with his car so he decided to take action. He parked his "Lemon" on the main street in front the dealership (legally) and he strung LEMONS (fruit kind) from front of the car to the rear on both sides of the vehicle. He then hung signs on the vehicle inside the car stating that this vehicle was a lemon and the dealership would not address his problem.

Since the vehicle was parked in a legal spot, he moved it back and forth to prevent the dealership from saying it was abandoned. I was a police officer at the time and was called to this dealership and asked to have the owner remove the vehicle. After speaking with the owner, I offered to help him. So I went inside the dealership and told them we cannot do anything and if they did not help this guy, his friends were all coming down to park their cars (same models) in the front with lemons also.

You have to see how quick the dealership offered the owner a new car ! Typical street justice with a twist! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • keitha3keitha3 Posts: 124
    Love it!!! Absolutely shows the little guy can win...with some help from a good guy.
  • I only wish you lived near me! Tell me, did you keep your car in the end? Or, are you still driving it? I bought mine in March and only have 5900 miles on it. I'm mulling over all the options. :confuse:
  • Man, I can't believe this. I've been having problems the last couple years. Everytime I think I have it fixed, it starts happening again. I put rims and low profile tires on my car at first. They wore out in three months. I took the rims off and put factory tires and rims back on. Drove fine for a year. Then my front tires wore out. Well it happened again this year. I just bought new tires but it's vibrating worst now. I got an alignment this morning and its still doing it. So, I put in a search and found this website. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one and it's not something I did. For the longest I thought it was the rims. Help!!!!!!
  • I have given up on this car. I just keep it cleaned and buffed and will sell it when the new 2010's are out. I put 15K down on this piece of !@#$ I will never recommend this car to anyone.

I have numerous arguments with my wife about how Honda Coupe 2008 is not an enjoyable car to drive. That "ECO" sucks since I am getting the same mileage I got from my Infiniti 2003 G35 Coupe. I have decided to wait until the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe comes out and test drive that one. Beside it has more horsepower 310hp with premium and it looks sharp. Here is a reprint from Popular Mechanics News.....go here and check out the photos

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4255139.html

NEW YORK — Imagine, if you will, a rear-drive sporty coupe powered by a 212-hp (223 hp on premium fuel) turbocharged 2.0-liter four-banger with 217 lb.-ft. of torque. Sounds like great fun. But then you realize it's a Hyundai.

What's this? Hyundai is not exactly known for building fun-to-drive rides. And then you find that there's a 306-hp (310 on premium) 3.8-liter V6 with 263 lb.-ft. of torque to be had as well. Suddenly the Korean manufacturer has caught up with the performance technology—and personal tastes—of the car-buying public.
  • fhughfhugh Posts: 8
    My accord has been vibrating at high speed. Took it back to the dealer and was told that is the way it is. :mad: . They can not fix it. :lemon: They had engineers from Honda not being able to fix it.I don't believe honda make lemons like that. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • elliott2elliott2 Posts: 64
    Check out the Consumer Reports website. Owners with the vibration problem have begun to win in arbitration. To file, you must follow the process outlined in the warranty booklet provided by Honda.
  • ciaovalciaoval Posts: 4
    Thank you very much. Good to know that something positive is beginning to take place.
  • jeffulotjeffulot Posts: 2
    I'm reading this and many sites that have discussions about this problem.

I think Honda service places are instructed to pretend they don't feel it when test driving with you in the car. I think they are getting a lot of people coming in to complain about the same problem and are affraid to own up to it.

We drove back from DC to Richmond one night, and the vibration kicked in full force... My wife got a migraine (probably from the vibration she was noticing for 4 hours) and threw up, while at the same time my feet and calves were numb from the constant vibration.

Every time I bring it in to the dealership to be serviced, they don't feel it... They tell me it's road bumps.

I can still detect the road bumps... they are separate... There is an underlying frequency of vibration that is there no matter what the road condition is, and it varies in intensity depending on the speeds.

Someone has even mentioned the lawsuits going on about it, and I'd love for someone to post more information about that so we can all get on board.

I replaced the factory tires (michelin Pilot mxm4's)... They were crap, and rated at the bottom of the list in reviews and test results.

I put on awesome tires (bridgestone taranza serenity's). Great tires, reduces the road bumps, quieter ride, but DOES NOT reduce the existing vibration at all. Not one bit.

I've had these tires and rims tested extensively, and they check out fine while not on the car.

So what are we left with?

Axles, CV-joints, transmission... What else?

I'm calling Honda America and going to fax them all of my printouts of all the people complaining of the same problems... I'm going to ask that they provide a loaner until this issue is resolved with my car.

I will post my findings.

If anyone else has information on this, 2008 and 2009's please post it.

SJ