Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• acco20acco20 Posts: 211
    The MB dealer holdback is based on total MSRP. I believe it is 3%.
  • I am agree this CAR sells by itself, about my self this will be my first MB - I have seen couple of posts claiming to get something off MSRP but on C 320 though, my thinking is that due to slowing economy delears are expected to have lot of cancellation otherwise they wouldn't have call me at first place because what they told me couple of months back is to put $ 500 down and be on their list to get a priority over others when some cancellations takes place, and I refused that becoz I was dealing with two diffrenet dealers - is that mean that the CAR he offered me without being on a waiting list has been refused by others or this dealer is extra nice to me :) LOL does anybody have some thoughts !!
  • sshowittsshowitt Posts: 137
    I purchased two warranties from other than my dealer. I purchased one for my 00CLK430 cab from a dealer via the internet for $1900 and one for my 00ML430 from another dealer in CA via the internet again, for $1575. Both times my dealer wanted $2500.00. Both warranties are the 4yr/50K Mercedes premium warranty. I hve since sent a dozen or so people to the CA dealer for the warranties.
    BTW, has aanyone heard when the new C class 4matic wagon will arrive in the US for sale. Will they offer this option in a sedan?
  • Re Msg 1375.

Go to the Clair Motors web site, they quote prices up-front on in stock vehicles. If you're lucky then Bingo, exact match, otherwise it's a good starting point.

http://www.clair.com/clair.html

• First of all, I would like to thank you all for you responses and information.

I did some homework last night on C240. I found out that C240 with C1,2,3, automatic, command system, and metallic paint comes to $34939 invoice and $37520 msrp. MB also has a 3% holdback on the MSRP, which comes to 1125.60 holdback.

Therefore, the cost will be $33813.40 (without calculating any dealer incentive that they get- because I couldn't find information about it)

So what do you guys think is a good price?
  • After I called the salesman a few days ago about the missing teleaid feature I get a message today from my salesman saying that there will be no retrofit for the vins before 56000. I am, to say the least, a little pissed that I had to hear it this way. Any thoughts? Has anyone anymore info on this Teleaid remote unlocking feature?
    Paul
  • You have GOT to get some money from them, or a cool new accessory you want, for THAT. That's out-and-out misrepresentation of what you received v. what you BOUGHT.

Yikes.

Mine should be built next week. It had better work OK, pretty much across the board.
  • ...the gumption and resources to do it, but you can bet MB will have someone monitoring boards like this fulltime after someone successfully sues them using these boards as ammo.

As in, "You (MB) should damn WELL have known about these problems! Everyone else in the world (who cared) did!"
  • ...and is only a matter of cost.

Jeez!
  • Hello all - been off the 'net recently due to foreign travel and family business, but:

Has anyone purchasing a new C have any thoughts on comparisons with their old C vis a vis performance?

I would specifically like to know objective differences, if any, between a 99 C280 and a 2001 C320 in terms of:

- 0-60 time
    - 1/4 mile elapsed time and speed
    - braking distance 70-0
    - skidpad G
    - slalom course

Anyone know of reliable mag reviews (magazine/year/month) for C280 and C320 that might have the above data?

Also, subjectively, seat of the pants reviews from owners of both cars as to throttle response, manumatic gearbox shifting, and handling/roadholding comparisons...

Thoughts anyone?

thanks...richard
  • dennettdennett Posts: 332
    I don't think it's going to happen, unless you buy a demo. I'd be pretty surprised if you could even get 1k off of MSRP. I too have heard all about the 3% holdback, but you'll be surprised when you mention it at a dealer, they'll likely let you walk and just sell the car to the next guy. Holdback is pretty much sacred $ to dealers, they ain't gonna let you have it unless it's some dog model that isn't moving, and there's not an MB that fits that catagory. Mention holdbacks at a domestic dealer trying to sell their 300th car of the month and you might get it, but not at MB. If you mention it around other customers, I bet you'll be snubbed by the sales people. I know I've talked a bunch, but wheeling and dealing at highend dealers just isn't how they do business. I bet if you offer anything less than $1k under MSRP you'll be laughed out of the place. But who knows, leave your name and number and you might get a phone call on the last day of the month for a 1 day only cash deal. Let us know how it goes, I'll be very interested! I could be way wrong, it's been known to happen LOL!!!
    What dealer in CA were you able to get the cheap 4yr premium warranty? I had decided to skip the $2500 and just invest it for 4 years and turn it into $4-5k. I really doubt that any of us will spend over $4k on our cars from mile 50k-100k, BUT if I could get the coverage for $1500 I'd have to rconsider. Give us the details!! Thanks

Awfully quiet around here! Where is everybody?
  • diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    According to Post # 1329, Tele Aid will be fixed for VINs 59000 and earlier. Fix due out between March and June 2001.
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    dennett:
    The dealer is letting members of the M-class mailing list have a discount off the warrantee (their service manager is on our list and he's the one who actually got it for us because we help keep him up to date on problems/solutions w/ the ML and vice-versa). I'm not sure if it applies to other MB models. If you do get it from them, please don't broadcast it to all the dealers. Someone did that to their dealer ("hey, I can get the warrantee for xx from yy") and that dealer went on a weird vendetta to piss off the discounting dealer (called regional rep, threatened to take away all their business, harrassing calls, etc.).
  • diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    I know this is not 100 % accurate, but here's the latest:

Links may be easier to view & print:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1508702&a=11393668&p=41702364

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1508702&a=11393668&p=41703438

dennett
    Ditto to what kenyee said. That is why I did not post it. Go to my profile and E-mail me and I will pass along the information.
    Also, for any of you that do not have HID and would like an improvement in their night vision, www.fosmo.com, in the UK, has Philips H-7 Visionplus low beam bulbs and H-1 highbeam bulbs available, less than $50 USD delivered. These have been rated the best via an independant comparison test.
  • Are these bulbs "legal" in the US? I take it they're not xenon and don't need the lamp washers and levelers and all of that stuff...
  • Have found that as soon as you mention discount the sales person becomes indigent. I visited dealership in Florida who wouldn't even give a shirt. Is there anyone who has had a positive experience with any Florida dealerships. Also has anyone purchased the muti-contour seat.
  • Ian,

please correct your database, I don't have MB yet, secondly the CAR I am looking is not C320 but C 240 with C2 and Automatic Transmission

thanks in advance
    benz
    fedssocr:
    Are they "legal", I don't have an answer for you. I do know that they do not throw as much light as HIDs. I am sure that you would not incure a problem with them.
  • I am in Ohio and learnt from dealer that they are expecting some C class, already on waters expected to reach PORT by Feb end and at dealers place by March 10th. also heard that there are few cancellations expected - although these CARS are sold at MSRP, these cancellation will defiantly help up to negotiate, also been to WWW.CLAIR.COM and surprised to found couple of C240 ready for SALE sitting at dealers LOT???????? is that the indication for us to negotiate ?????? any thoughts ???????????????
  • Today I ordered a C240 6mt black/charcoal c1, c2, c4, xenons, and bose. I was able to get the cd player thrown in! I think I may have been able to get more $ taken off, but I was surprised it was so easy to get the cd player that I was speechless. My salesman was very good. He was layed back and did not pressure me. I drove the 3 series BMW, Audi A4, Volvo S60, and found the C to be far more refined for the money. Plus it is a MB! Cost was accurate with the edmunds layout. Now the wait begins. I'm told May, but I won't get my hopes up. It will probably be closer to June. Everybodys posts have helped enormously! Helped me chose options as well as colors. I've been reading posts for months and it's exciting hearing about everyone finally receiving their cars. Any advice on what to do during the wait? Or what to expect from the dealership?
  • ny74ny74 Posts: 15
    Do you guys know this feature is available for 2000 C230 or only the new C?
  • My car has approximately 4000 kilometers (2400miles). I made an appointment for next Thursday to address them as follows:1. Steering wheel not perfectly aligned at 12 noon, its at 11:55.2. While travelling on the highway at 110 to 120 km/hr there is a rattle which I have isolated to the plastic housing surrounding the lights around the rear rear view mirror. I mentioned this to the service advisor and he thought it might be necessary to rebare balance tires. 3. The drivers seat cushion makes a squeaking noise. When my passenger places their hand under the dirives seat the noise stops, but starts again when they let go. Moving the seat forward or back does not get rid of the noise. 4. When the dealer installed the CD player in the glove box, I think they forgot to fasten it in place, I can slide it around in there. I think it is supposed to be screwed in place.I will let you know how it goes next week.
    When I click your name your addy isn't available, you must have clicked private. Could you e-mail me the info? You can get me at [email protected]
    Thanks a ton! I can keep secrets real well!!
    Thanks for all the hard work! I'm sure it will be a big help to a lot of people. If we ever get the C class owners group club here, hint hint, it will sure make it easy for new members to research past issues! I hope you're enjoying the new car! See you tomorrow at the Friday Freeway!
  • Did you get any discount off MSRP?
    Where did you buy yours?

Thanks a lot and Congrat!
  • Well, ordered a C320 on Monday, they will have it at the dealership on Friday (Bay Area, CA) I was lenient on colors and some of the options (only want leather, c2, c3, plus c4/xenon as nice-to-have), thus they could find the car in the port. Has COMAND (which I do not want), so I might not take it. They immediately threw in the CD player, without me even asking (maybe because I already own an MB) Tomorrow, the final negotiations will start. I guess I will get about zip off the MSRP, so I will drive a hard bargain on my trading in my old C-class and be prepared to walk! Would be nice, though, to get the car.
This discussion has been closed.