Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    coolguy76coolguy76 Member Posts: 9
    Why do you think ?

I also have another quote for 21250 but the dealer doesn't have the color I want in stock ......
  • Options
    skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    No particular reason other than that seems to be a characteristic of many auto dealers (not honda specific).

Did u consider buying an LX-P model?
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Could you please copy and paste your quotes and which dealers are you getting those quotes from, thanks.
    So far your quotes look very good (depending on the breakdown too).
    Also, you said that the prices incl. remote starter?
    Also try Joyce Honda and see what they say. thanks
  • Options
    gotqgotq Member Posts: 8
    Hi Holew, I'm going to get the EX instead of EXL V6, but I really like to have the back spoiler (not wing spoiler) on the V6 models. One dealer told me the price of it is $499. One of my friend told me I don't need to add it from the dealer. Is that true? What do you think?
  • Options
    japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    I just purchased a lx-s coupe. Want the floor mats, but not at the 139.00 asked by honda. Anyone seen these cheaper?...I think the price is absurd.
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Try www.hondacuraworld.com.
  • Options
    coolguy76coolguy76 Member Posts: 9
    I just paid a deposit for this.

Final OTD 21500 with new nj tags.
    Comes with remote start and 3 yr/36k miles oil change.

breakdown: 19046(price)+635(dest)+1377(tax)+7(tiretax)+199(doc fee)

This is at dch honda. A few dealers were even ready to beat this price. But I stuck to dch and it has been painless so far.
  • Options
    dmhatredmhatre Member Posts: 4
    You got excellent deal. I am looking for same car in St. Louis,MO with 20200(price)+dest+tax+doc fee, but still I am not getting it.

How did you get that deal? Are there any X'mas discount going on ?
  • Options
    foxwood_21foxwood_21 Member Posts: 31
    I paid 24213 for a EX - L I traded in 2007 Camry SE 4 cyl with 41k on it
    I was allowed 14650 (Wholesale) for the Camry . There was $ 650 difference in the two dealers here in Syracuse NY
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    That is the best deal so far for an LX in NJ, because it is not only below invoice, but adds the remote starter, which is perfect for any car in NJ. But for clarification purposes, which DCH in which city, since i typed it on Yahoo and it returned with so many hits, that it could be any Honda Dealer; although i will assume is Paramus Honda.
    Did you get any special finacing? Thanks
  • Options
    fabbi007fabbi007 Member Posts: 2
    After 3 months of research on new cars and 1 month of car shopping and negotiating with 15-20 dealers, I zeroed in on the new Accord EXL-V6 (polished metal with black interior) no navi. My fav choice of colors! I was able to seal the deal in the boston area for 25,000/- MSRP.

Kbb's invoice 26,000~~
    Edmunds invoice 25400~~

the total with TTL came to $26790.25. I will have to collect my car today after my insurance with Liberty Mutual is processed! Good luck in Shopping!
  • Options
    rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    You got excellent deal. I am looking for same car in St. Louis,MO with 20200(price)+dest+tax+doc fee, but still I am not getting it.

How did you get that deal? Are there any X'mas discount going on ?

I got the LX-P for 20,500 in Southern California. Maybe they have more LX-Ps, you should also try for that. They had alot of LX-Ps at my dealer but no LXs when I bought mine.
  • Options
    frankrom22frankrom22 Member Posts: 14
    What state are you located in? I am curious, since I am looking for the same type of deal in Atlanta.

Thanks
  • Options
    skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Congratulations. Can u provide us the breakdown: (price)+(dest)+(tax)+(doc fees)+(anything else). Thanks!
  • Options
    nringnring Member Posts: 97
    is it typical for dealers to inflate the MSRP price when it comes down to leasing after you negotiate a final sales price. i noticed this happening a lot when i shift from puchase to wanting to lease.....MSRP should be what is on the car sticker and website of the manufacturer no? i am leasing a EX- L v-6 with navi and no accesories and the honda site says 30,260 MSRP and dealer is telling me 30, 895 with sale price of 27853, 61% residual and MF= .0027 for 425/mo NOT including tax which in pa is 9% so total payment is 463.27 wiith 586.77 due at signing for a 36 mo lease with 12K miles...is this a good deal??

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    The Honda Accord LX-P you bought for $20,500, did the price include tax, license and fees and was it a automatic? I live in Northern CA and the lowest quote I have got for a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P automatic with tax, license and fees it $22,800. If I can get one for around $21,000 with all the fees, I'd buy it.
  • Options
    ccsalak2ccsalak2 Member Posts: 3
    Hello All

I am Chaitanya Salaka from Houston, TX. I am planning to buy the new Accord 2008 and the dealer here quoted a price of $28,495.00 and a drive out price of $30,522.95. Please do advice if this is a good deal as i am new at this. I really appreciate your help.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year
  • Options
    Congratulations. Can u provide us the breakdown: (price)+(dest)+(tax)+(doc fees)+(anything else). Thanks!

Automatic, no loan,no trade in no extras. The price was 20,511 & included destination charges and ended up being about $200 under invoice. Tax( 8.25% ) and DMV, fees, etc add about 10% and came to $22,500. They also gave me a tank of gas and wheel locks for free.
  • Options
    The Honda Accord LX-P you bought for $20,500, did the price include tax, license and fees and was it a automatic? I live in Northern CA and the lowest quote I have got for a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P automatic with tax, license and fees it $22,800. If I can get one for around $21,000 with all the fees, I'd buy it.

An Automatic, all together with taxes and DMV fees the total was 22,500 OTD
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    It's still high. $26,000 to $27,500 base price + Tax, license, etc is good.
  • Options
    donegaldonegal Member Posts: 49
    The difference between the $30,895 as stated by the dealer and the $30,260 MSRP on the Honda site is $635. This difference is the destination charge on the vehicle.
  • Options
    getmeanewcargetmeanewcar Member Posts: 26
    good deal? or not?

total it will be around 24000 including TTL
  • Options
    Jesus. This is a V6 EXL without Navi.
  • Options
    rad597rad597 Member Posts: 3
    Chaitanya, I purchased a 2008 Accord EXL V6 with Navigation for about 28140 at Treadwell Honda in Mobile, AL (excludes tax as the car is registered in another state). Local dealers in my area in Louisiana would discount no more than 600 to 800 off MSRP. It was worth it to me to drive the 400 miles (round trip) to save about 1600 or so. Your trip would be considerably longer, but at least you know a better deal can be made elsewhere.
  • Options
    greatwhitegreatwhite Member Posts: 7
    Today brought at 23905 OTD.
    Base Price - 22018
    TTL - 1887 (this includes 6.5 MN TAX)

Brought from Brookdale Honda. Salesperson and Finance guys were very quick.
  • Options
    congratulations.. I have a question, is the price you brought it at considered good deal or not? I got a similar quote to yours but someone replied its too expensive. (see #18854 and reply). Thanks for sharing your info..:-)
  • Options
    Actually I was ready to Buy car for 24000 with Richfield Honda but after discussing and agreeing with price for 45 mins they backed out and said 24100. As they didnt keep their word I decided not to buy. Then I got for 23900 so finalized the deal. I think if Richfeild could afford at 24000 they would not have allowed me to go for $100. So I think this is good deal
  • Options
    fabbi007fabbi007 Member Posts: 2
    I bought it in MA. good luck!
  • Options
    mikesrothmikesroth Member Posts: 1
    Just got quoted $27,440 OTD for an EX-L V6 in Jacksonville, Florida.

I am thinking that is a good price, would you agree?

Michael
  • Options
    Hi Greatwhite, did you buy a coupe or sedan? Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi I am a little bit confused on the rear upper spoiler on the Accord coupe. Not the wing spoiler but the one on the picture when you go to the Honda website. I saw they are on some but not others. A dealer told me they on EX V6 only, but not on EX and if I want it on an EX, I need to pay $500 extra for it. Is that correct? I built the car in the Honda official site and that rear spoiler is showing on every model. I'm very confused... please help!
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Hold out for 27k even OTD.... no trade involved right?
  • Options
    Sedan
  • Options
    pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Can you pls explain more about Carsdirect.com selling Accord EXLV6 $800 to $900 for the sedan.
  • Options
    speedster123speedster123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, in southern Cali, i got these 2 quotes...OTD please let me know if they are good

1. $26362

2. $26499

both prices are for OTD 08 White Accord EX-L
  • Options
    kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    Hey Speedster123,

In Florida, I was quoted..

$24202 for the car which is about $26600 OTD.

I can't get them to go any lower. :(

This is the base model with no accessories.
  • Options
    ccsalak2ccsalak2 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for w/o Navi. I am looking around 200-300 miles as well.
  • Options
    carolinabluecarolinablue Member Posts: 2
    Try Duncans Hokie Honda in Christiansburg, VA. I purchased an Accord 4dr EX-L there yesterday. Great price and buying experience. Internet deal car price was less than $24,000 and included car mat, wheel locks, mud guards and pin stripe.
  • Options
    I have questions.. Firstly, I got a quote 22000+TTL=24000 OTD for 08 accord sedan EX no additional options. Is this a reasonable price for this model and option?

Secondly, is this now good time to buy a car at that price? or will it be a lot cheaper sometime next year?

Please let me know what you think about the quote i've received and my plan on buying the 08 accord sedan ex this month.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    913col913col Member Posts: 1
    Tonight I just paid 19,500 OTD for my 07 LX. Good deal or was there still money left in the car?
  • Options
    ah6tyfourah6tyfour Member Posts: 1
    Hi, first time posting, but not first time viewing the forums =)

I am trying to purchase a 2007 EX-L at a good price before the new year. What is a good price before taxes and tags?

I purchased a 2007 EX for $19,600 + tax/tags back in June. Would it be feasible to get the 2007 EX-L for $19,000-$19,500 due to end of year model-change discounts?
  • Options
    xaixai Member Posts: 2
    Have anyone in AZ get good deal from any Honda dealer? Lowest quote I got for the coupe EX-L V6 w/o Nav is $27250 + TTL, OTD come out close to 30K. :P
  • Options
    asmith262asmith262 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to buy new EX-LV6 in the Atlanta area end of February. Is it too soon to start getting quotes from dealers, or is best to wait until 30 days prior?
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Prices will change... best to get quotes a day or so before you purchase.
  • Options
    brm128brm128 Member Posts: 4
    In Houston area got 4-door Polished Metal/Grey EX-L right off the truck, Japan built, for $24500 or $26200 OTD before trade; new dealership - Honda Cars of Katy - got free lifetime oil changes and extended powertrain warranty to 7 yr/100K miles at no charge.
  • Options
    sparspar Member Posts: 2
    Paid $23,280 OTD for it today from Leith.
  • Options
    fleuryfleury Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys,

I just bought a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/o Navi, in Silver/Black (exterior/interior) for $25,708 before tax and title. OTD it came to $28,124.95.

This was at Honda of Stevens Creek in San Jose, CA. The sales was a young guy who's honest and a good guy. Any of you bay area folks who are also interested in a new car, go ask for Tien Nguyen.

Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Options
    mvp2nymvp2ny Member Posts: 7
    I just picked up my new ride on Friday. Payed $26K even w/o dest. fees. But with the NY Tax rate, registration & document fees and the extended warranty. I ended up with OTD: $29K. Got free Wheel locks though. Good luck everyone. :surprise: ">
  • Options
    cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    Hey mvp2ny,
    What was the dealerships name? I can't get either of my local dealers to move anything below $30,700! they seem only be getting a few EX-L in and are holding me hostage :) I would love to find a dealer who can make me a deal. shipping a car can't cost $2k you know, so i'm sure to be money ahead if i can get a similar deal. i do want to have Nav on mine though. Thanks for you post, maybe there is hope yet!
  • Options
    It's NAVI is awesome. I set up my bluetooth phones already. If you buy the EX-L w/o Navi and later want to add it in it will be mostly difficult and very costly.