Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Avalanche Prices Paid and Buying Experience

fpmikefpmike Member Posts: 21
I got my Avalanche through a local Lake county dealer via locator for the unit I wanted: Base unit, Hard Tonneau, Z71 package only. Pricing was $992 over invoice plus approx 1% advertising. I love it, have minor issues. See fpmike posts in Avalanche Pickup Townhall.

Comments

• aeric1aeric1 Member Posts: 5
    I paid $2500 under MSRP on a loaded Z66 Av. The dealer acted like this was an outrageous deal, but a lot of calling around could probably get you $500-600 over invoice.
  • stockmutstockmut Member Posts: 21
    I paid $2000 over invoice for a loaded Z71. Could have probably gotten lower if I waited until the fall when more Avs are on the lots. However I got a great deal on trade-in; $2000 more than Carmax or Edmunds said it was worth so I feel I got a great overall deal.
  • flyerjohnflyerjohn Member Posts: 7
    Got a loaded Z66 last week for $3100 off MSRP. Probably could have gotten another $500 if I really tried.
  • gerrickgerrick Member Posts: 21
    Ordered a loaded Z71 [green] yesterday for $4,500 off MSRP. First Dealer to honor my GM Supplier discount. First time I have ever committed to buying a new vehicle with alsolutely no haggling.
  • investedinvested Member Posts: 36
    I see you posted about using a credit card for your purchase to get the miles. I was just wondering if you used the credit card and how the deal worked out? I was going to do the same thing this week and would appreciate any input.

By the way did they compensate you for the missing tint?
  • ardanielsardaniels Member Posts: 16
    I had been keen on the versatility of the avalanche when I first saw one at a car show 18 months ago.

A month ago took delivery on a Forest Green Z71 out of dealer stock for $2500 under MSRP. Invoice data was pretty scarce so I offered 3% over invoice. GM did have a $1000 rebate for recent college grads on top of discount, plus had I waited 30 days they would have kicked in $150 bucks for College IRA for a child. Check it out on the GM website under upromise.

http://www.gm.com/beyond_automotive/financial_services/upromise/

Love the truck and have about 2500 miles already as a result of motoring vacation.

I paid $500 over invoice for mine and also got more than Kelly Blue Book for my trade. It took a while but I finally got a great deal.
  • showme1showme1 Member Posts: 38
    Paid $500 over invoice, no haggle from one of the three states that they were released to first (CA, FL, & TX.) One could possibly do a little better with some hassle. My local dealers wanted about $1,500 over invoice so I drove through TX on the way back from vacation to pick mine up.

I ordered the mud flaps and bug screen from Chevy even though I know there are many aftermarkets availible. The bowtie mud gards have Avalache on the rear ones and I figured the bug screen would fit best from GM. I'll let everyone know when I install since dealer is shipping them to me.

Roger
  • chelmschelms Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to find the contact info on one of the dealerships selling the Avalanche for $500 over invoice.
    Where are you located? I am in South Florida and I got mine for $500 over invoice. Some dealers would work with me and some wouldn't you definitely have to shop around.
  • miles2912miles2912 Member Posts: 7
    Filled out all the information, and a dealer contacted me withing 24hours. They said the price was 500 over invioce, pick what you want and they will locate it. They found the truck I wanted and Faxed me over the invioce. I just have to sell a vehicle, and I am good to go.

Miles
  • chelmschelms Member Posts: 2
    I am located in Huntsville, AL (extreme north AL). Some of the dealers have told me they are getting sticker. The best offer so far is $1K over invoice, and their invoice includes about $400 of advertising fees.
  • chad52chad52 Member Posts: 3
    I am in HSV also and am just beginning the hunt for an Avalanche. Who in this area has the best deal so far?
  • z71josez71jose Member Posts: 22
    Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas was willing to give me a Z71
    Avalanche $100 over invoice!!! They have alot to choose
    from. They also had "customize" Avalanches....with 20 "
    wheels and YOKO tires!!!! First time I've seen this.
  • golfsmithgolfsmith Member Posts: 3
    My Avalanche should be coming in any day. It stickered for just a few dollars under 38 and got it for 33 including advertisement fee. A real nice small town West Central Oklahoma dealer.
  • spike1966spike1966 Member Posts: 6
    Well, I can hardly stand it. I pick up my Avalanche at 4:30 PM today. I got mine $400 over dealer invoice. Out the door tax and title...$36,459.51. Its 1,459.51 more than I wanted to pay...but it has everything on it. I got the dark blue, sun roof, leather, heated seats & mirrors, 4 X 4, running boards, etc. I will let you know how it goes!
  • scottyn42000scottyn42000 Member Posts: 4
    Bought my Av this weekend through my local dealer in NH. Just like Spikes. List was $38421, paid $34902. $750 over invoice. I have read all the threads about the great deals in Cali and Texas. Thats nice, but I'm not driving down there to get my truck. The dealers up here have minimal(anywhere between 1 and 5 on every lot I went to) inventory of these awsome vehicles on hand. Geat experience with the dealer. I never went to the dealer to do the deal. Instead I was able to make the deal over the phone, and my Av was delivered to my house, and my salesman then drove off with my trade. That is the way we should all do business!
  • ygmnygmn Member Posts: 179
    Great deals here. No advertising yet.

MSRP was 35446 Walked off paying 31,200. Shopped around at 3 dealerships and they all were within 100 of each other.
  • trypower1trypower1 Member Posts: 1
    well i did my homework before i started shopping for a av,hows 6100 off sticker on a loaded z71,$189 dealer fee,no ad fee.this translates to $1,200 under invoice,dealer is also giving me any aditional savings if october brings cash back! (oct pick up)im even getting the $150 from gm for my kids collage fund.yes i have done bussiness before with this dealer and i im a prefered customer,this also a imbound unit not one that was sitting around awhile eihter.i presume this dealer is still making some sort of money on this deal.so it goes to show you these guys at 500 over invoice are still making alot of money( about 2k )and with slowing economy,building inventorys at dealerships its time to get a deal!!!!!
  • basicbluesbasicblues Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased my AV 10/15/01, $5400/14% off MSRP. $500 below the so called dealer "invoice" 4.9% financing saves at least $2K. Add in a sales tax savings of $650 and I am over 20% off MSRP. All in all a fair deal I guess for my area.
  • avalanchefngavalanchefng Member Posts: 6
    Greeetings All:

Does anyone know anything specific about the aviation group that has a supplier number with GM that one can join for about $10 ??.... Or, for that matter, any other such supplier willing to take on an soon-to-be Avalanche owner??...
  • fastz28fastz28 Member Posts: 19
    I got myself a new toy!!!

It's a 2002 Chevy Avalanche with Z66 Package, Onyx Black w/ Tan interior.

I made one heck of a deal, here's how:

MSRP $31,800 - ouch :-(
    Invoice $27,902

With my kickass negotiation skills, I got them to lower to $26,538, woohoo more than $1350 UNDER invoice!!!

But wait, since I'm in grad school, GM decided to give the poor student $400.

There's more, since I'm a royal GM card holder, I have accumulated a
    whopping $5079 in rebates.

Bottom line, I got it for $21059!!! with TT&L = 22600.

Not good enough? Ok, how about 0% financing? ;-)
  • dallisdallis Member Posts: 8
    good luck with your av but i thought their was a $1000 cap on card ernings toward purchase on an av thats what gm states did your deal go threw yet? hope it works out for you.
    I have the old "Gold" card, no cap. The new "platinum" card has cap depend on which vehicle.
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Member Posts: 391
    What about the blue GM card? I've used mine for as much as $2500 on previous car purchases. What is the $1000 cap all about? Is that cap only for purchase of an Av?
    I think...

As far as I know, cap only applies only if you "upgrade" to the platinum card.

Platinum cards only allow you to apply up to $2000 depend on vehicle. The cap is $1000 for the platinum cards.

Call them to verify everything I said here. # is on the back of the card.
  • dgardgar Member Posts: 10
    I have the old original GM card and it has no cap
    on any vehicle. They are constantly trying to get
    me to take the "new" card but I won't do it. I also charge everything possible to it each month and pay the bill so there's no interest. This way we build new car credit fairly quick.
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    the mail yesterday to switch to a new card with no annual eanings cap. Included is a chart of "Earnings Redemption Allowances for the newest GM Card". Limits are from $1,000 to $3500 depending on Brand, yr, model. But "will never be lower than $1,000". One more thing I found interesting..."GM Card Earnings may not be combined with any GM employee, dealership, or supplier programs.......".
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Member Posts: 391
    I'm debating whether to go to the Chevy dealer with my GM Supplier form or ask them to quote me open market price first. I've seen advertised prices in the newspaper for $5000 off of MSRP and I'm not sure the GM Supplier price will be lower.
    but I'd be real surprised if you couldn't just as well or better on 2001. I too have seen some huge discounts advertised.
    GMS $ is usually a few hundreds $ under invoice. Depend on options, $5000 under MSRP is usually a bit lower than GMS. Go in ask for open market first and then ask for GMS $. GMS $ doesn't change, market $ does.
  • dallisdallis Member Posts: 8
    i too are seeing these great discounts advertised but most of the time its the bait & switch tech,its if you borrow 80-90 % at high rates and long term and things like that, however i do know someone that will discount an av 5k for real if you cant get it let me know, and good luck too ya.
  • ineedatruck1ineedatruck1 Member Posts: 8
    Anybody know who has a large supply of the Avalanches in Houston, SA or Austin and will sell them for a good deal? I went to Lawrence Marshall, but they only had about 5.

Bill Heard has a lot, but they install a $1,600.00 alarm on all cars - you have no choice.

I am considering a red z66 w/ 4.10.
    You can go to gmbuypower.com to check inventory of all the dealers. I got a great deal from Capitol Chevy in Austin. Easiest car shopping experience ever. Let me know if you need a referral.
    has always had a large supply. Usually 60+ with a pretty good selection. Although according to fastz28 harder to deal with.
  • idocpilkidocpilk Member Posts: 18
    I have a deal set on a Z66 $31,800 discounted to $27250...$4550 off. I calculated dealer cost of 27,900 - $800 dealer holdback = 27,100. What am I missing...dealer rebate? How can they get to $26,500? I, unfortunately only have a $1000 allowance on the GMcard for 26,250 net. Thought I was in good shape until reading your post...what is the dealers name, local?
    I don't know how they do it, they are losing money as far as I can tell. I just took a competitor's ad and asked them to match it. The competitor's ad had MSRP of $31250 and a selling price of $25988 so a reduction of $5262 from MSRP. I askem them to match it so they took $5262 from my MSRP of $31800 = $26538!!!

Don't know if they will do that again, but if you want my salesman's name, email me (fastz_28@yahoo.com).
    Just got an email from Capitol Chev...Austin. 31,800 msrp...26,989 otd. Looks like $5000 off is available. Now...they have all the colors with my options and interior...lets here it...what say ye? Red?, Pewter?, Blue,? Orange?,
    Thanks Z28...didn't get to 26,583 but can't argue with a guy doing that deep. Maybe I can get them to deliver it 500 miles to Missouri :-}
    As in out-the-door, with TT&L? If so, that's a great deal. If that's just the sales price, still a good deal.

Of those colors you mentioned, I would go blue for "prettiest" or pewter for easiest to keep clean.

But I have to plug my Texas Burnt (sunset) orange, too.

Me? I got Black/tan. Black is just gorgeous (when clean).

Good luck with purchase.
    deliver it for a plane ticket home. I haven't seen an Orange one? Is that really one of the colors? I saw a Green one over the weekend that was a different Green than I've seen before. Lighter, more of a Moss color. I haven't been on a lot in awhile, must be they have some new colors. Other than Black or White (not on your list) I'd have to go with the Pewter. I really like the color and the cladding is more subdued, blends in as opposed to stands out.
  • timfarntimfarn Member Posts: 289
    SO Metallic is an available color. txyank must have seen a Northface Edition, available in Sage Green.
    I have saw Avs of every color available when I bought mine. They all pretty much match up to what they show at CHEVY web site for the AV.

The Northface Sage Green color is nice but I did not need the NF package or want to pay for it either. Now the seats are really nice but I was afraid of the stitching coming loose over time of getting in and out.

If I remember correctly all the colors have some metallic in the paint except the BLACK.

The Sunset Orange IMO only looked good at dusk when the sun was setting. I just did not like it any other time and yes I went to a bunch of dealerships at all hours to look at the AV before I bought mine.

BTW mine is the Light Metallic Pewter. Looks clean and I find the gray of the cladding blends in better.
    BLACK RED & WHITE are not metallic.

Man go look at the Chevy web site! The Olympic Av is really nice looking! Very nice!
    Txyand1...how 'bout a bus ticket ;-) I've been searching a ticket from Springfield, MO...expensive to Austin. I agree with the Pewter logic....
    I've narrowed it down to Victory Red (named after Nebraska Red) & Pewter...for the ease of care and less contrast with the cladding. Blue met is the coolest but they all look dusty on the lots. Orange is...well orange, enough said...sorry Z28 but no self respecting college student should wear orange to play football. Now if I can just get down there...maybe Santa will load it up and leave it in the garage...
    Ouch! I think we still own NU in the Big XII (3-1). :-) Just take care of business with Miami and keep the Sears trophy in the Big XII.

So are you buying from Capitol?
    I have the same truck at 3 dealers...Austin (Capital), Lufkin and Durant Ok...not sure if I can buy anything in Sooner country...might be cursed. Cap has the best price...26,891 (31,800 msrp). BTW did they add any fees to the sale price? I just can't figure out how to get down there to get it. Hope to have it in the garage by Christmas. BTW my brother-in-law is a big wig at our huge Chevy Dealer in town and the best he could get on this rig is 28,400...and he is 4th in command! GO BIG XII...See you next year UT.
    I'll meet you at the Bus Station and give you a ride to Capital Chevy.
  • dcrislerdcrisler Member Posts: 118
    in Arlington TX, had an ad this past weekend for $7500 off a AV stickered at $37K!! I think I will try and call them to see if there is a catch.
    I just got a call from a dealer in TX...$6000 off 2wd Z66. $31800 msrp ($25,889-$1000GMCard-$500 Talkitup = $24389) A total of $7411 off sticker. He said a new $1000 rebate to the customer came out. (atleast $500 dealer rebate). I am going to get mine before the end of the year.
  • metalgearmetalgear Member Posts: 8
    Does anybody know if the 500.00 customer cash is usable with the 0% financing? And whether or not the advertising fees are negotiable.(I am in the New York area) Dealer says this is part of the dealers invoice.PLEASE HELP ME!!!I am going in this weekend. Thanks!!!