Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    movistarmovistar Member Posts: 22
    2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
    Splash guards
    floor mats
    rear spoiler
    15,000 miles per year
    39 months
    366.48 down 38 payments to go.

MSRP $25,775.00
    Selling price $23,895.86
    tax in VA $764.67
    registration $60.50
    Acquisition Fee $595.00
    Total OTD = $25316.03
    Monthly payment= $366.48
    I don't know the money factor, can anyone figure it out?
    Does this look like a good deal?
  • Options
    emoticonemoticon Member Posts: 6
    2007 Altima 2.5S CVT
    Convenience Plus Package
    ABS, Splash guards,
    Kick plates, Safety package
    Floor mats

$23,495 OTD with 2.9% financing
  • Options
    icey1383icey1383 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, CVT
    Convinience Plus Package
    Winter Frost with tan interior
    ABS, Upgraded Alloy wheels
    Spoiler, and extended waranty up to 5 yr/75miles
    Free oil changes for life

$22,135.46 OTD

Getting my windows tinted for free this sunday. Overall I think I did pretty good, for a woman!
  • Options
    socal123socal123 Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

I just been quoted for a new 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S, Auto, Convenience Package, ABS, + Destination for $19798 for here in Southern California. Invoice is $20833. Is this a good deal? I'm also going to add a spoiler and floor/trunk mats. Anyone got a good deal on those?

Thanks!
  • Options
    emoticonemoticon Member Posts: 6
  • Options
    cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    Just picked up a 2008 Altima 2.5 SL + Connection package + Spoiler + wheel locks + Aluminum kick plates for $24200 + TTL. Spent 2 days haggling at this one dealer and they were ready to let me walk when I asked for another $500 off. It was difficult to get a lower price especially when they were still trying to clear the 2007. I also had the VPP Plan D buying option, but never used it since the VPP pricing end up being more than my negotiated price.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Seem you got a good price...hard to believe they sell a '08 under invoice.
  • Options
    greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    It was difficult to get a lower price especially when they were still trying to clear the 2007. I also had the VPP Plan D buying option, but never used it since the VPP pricing end up being more than my negotiated price.

2007 Altima SL's are pretty depleeted. The dealership you bought at, i would assume didn't have any SL 2007 Altima's
  • Options
    kbochatkbochat Member Posts: 3
    wow i need to shop where you shop. that is a great offer, that is 2000 bucks under tmw.
  • Options
    The dealer I was at had about 15-20 2007 Altima left. I believe most 2.5 did not have the SL package. They didn't have the white with blond that I wanted anyways. The sales guy told me the $500 Nissan incentive on clearing the 07 isn't big enough to draw a lot of buyers.
  • Options
    jafrancesjafrances Member Posts: 6
    Here are two quotes for a 2007 Altima 2.5s CVT w/ Convenience package Long Island, NY

Dealer 1: $20,800 -

Dealer 2: $20,700 - w/ ABS and rubber mats

I went to dealer 1 to see if he could match the $20,700 - $300 = $20,500 for ABS since the first car did not have ABS.

He said "no way" and that I would ultimatly be hit with extras at dealer #2.

Do these prices sound good? I will let you know how things go. I plan to purchase in a couple of days.
  • Options
    I will tell you how I came up with my negotiating price when buying the Altima. I read all the posts on this forum and collected the data for all the prices that people paid throughout 2007. In a nutshell, my summary is that you should definitely ask for $2100 - $2600 off MSRP. Now Nissan right now has $500 off the 2007, so you can add that to the discounted price I mentioned above.
  • Options
    In a nutshell, my summary is that you should definitely ask for $2100 - $2600 off MSRP. Now Nissan right now has $500 off the 2007, so you can add that to the discounted price I mentioned above.

According to your number, a base 2.5S auto will be around $17,800 with destination. That's $2000 under invoice. I don't think anyone ever posted that they got that low.

I doubt you will find that many dealers will do that price unless they need to sell one more car to meet their goals.
  • Options
    I should clarify that these prices I am talking about was based on buyers on this forum buying either 2.5 SL and SL with connection package. I did not include prices from the 2.5 base model or the 3.5. If you are buying a base or 3.5 model, you can also review all these posts for this past year and collect your own data.

Put it this way, I just bought an 08 2.5 SL and had absolutely no problem getting $2000 off the MSRP price and this was simply me walking in a dealer and negotiating with a regular sales guy (not internet pricing or anything special). I am sure not all dealers are willing to lower the prices but I think it's important for the buyer to know what's a good 'resalistic' price to negotiate for. I only started researching the Altima 2 weeks ago, and prior to hitting this forum, I didn't know whether people could get $500 off or $5000 off.
  • Options
    Over this weekend, a local Nissan dealer had an ad selling base 07 Altima for $17,777.
  • Options
    Are you from CA? The price in CA is always lower than any other part of the country. I saw people getting '07 Camry LE for 18K in Jan. :mad:
  • Options
    recombinantrecombinant Member Posts: 2
    I'm in CA, and I'm looking at a flyer right now that advertises a 2007 Altima 2.5 S w/ CVT for $17,777 (after factory and "college grad" rebates)...

Also advertising the following:

* 3.5 SE w/ CVT + Technology Package for $26,999
    * 3.5 SE w/ CVT + Sport Package for $21,999

...both prices after same rebates mentioned above, but the flyer does say that the sale ends 8/26/07.

In a conversation I had yesterday from a local dealer rep, they indicated that there will be another sale over labor day weekend, presumably with similar deals.
  • Options
    hjchjc Member Posts: 9
    Congrats on your new car! :)

That said, :surprise: :mad: you're a woman, and you actually say "FOR A WOMAN???!!"

It's true that a lot of women do get screwed over when it comes to new car purchases, but come on, "for a woman???"
  • Options
    recombinantrecombinant Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm trying to get the following mix in a 2007 Altima:

* 2007 Altima 2.5 S
    * SL Package
    * Connection package (XM or Sirius OK)
    * Color: Precision Grey

...and I'm getting a quote of $24,002 on a model that has the right packages plus some extra bells and whistles (this includes the $500 rebate), but is not the color I want (IIRC, the one they have is Radiant Silver).

Something about the price doesn't smell right, even though the sales rep says that the invoice on this model is $24,702.

What's everyone's gut feeling (or real-world-evidence-based feeling) on the matter? I was hoping for something along the lines of the formula ciruss suggested in post #1203, which would put it somewhere in the $23,900 range (though I'd really prefer $23,500).

I honestly didn't expect the best quote the first time around, but it kinda took the wind out of my sails. :sick:

What do you guys think?

[edit]
    I just thought of something else... how much should one expect to pay for TTL in CA for a vehicle in the $23-24K range?

I'm assuming tax will be 8.5% for the county I reside in (so that would be around $2000-2040), but I was unsure about the other fees (i.e. licensing and doc)... what should I expect there?

:confuse:
    [/edit]
  • Options
    Recomb,

It sounds like you are calling around getting phone quotes. If they offered you that price for a differant color it is probably because they only have that color. It is the end of the month and maybe that dealer has to meet a quota. But for wanting a price of $23900 ( I know you prefer $23500) You are at a differance of $102. I assure you he is giving you the best deal. On that car with connection pkg 2.5 sl. I would take the deal as fast as you could.

It's funny everyone always wants the best price out the door and when you get it you think something is wrong.
  • Options
    surfmansurfman Member Posts: 11
    My wife and I took delivery of her loaded 2008 3.5SL last night. What a terrific looking and driving machine. I'm jealous as hell that its not my turn for a new car!! Precision Gray with Charcoal leather interior. We only wanted as options the floor mats and splash/mud guards. Our dealership (suburban Philadelphia,Pa) had a hard time locating one but eventually found one in central New Jersey with the above options and also aluminum kick plates, wind deflector, and the emergency kit package. But the best part is he did not charge us for the extra options. MSRP was $29,625. Dealer invoice was $27,380. We paid $27,000. After taxes, dealer prep, title and new tags, the total was $28,835.89. Needless to say, we are extremely happy and grateful for the hard work they did finding the car we wanted and for the unbelievable deal. We had to take delivery of the car by this Friday or the deal was off. They came through for us. The car only had 51 miles on the odometer when we took delivery. I'd say that's a good trade-off. Now, if my wife will only let me drive it...
  • Options
    frankinbeansfrankinbeans Member Posts: 20
    Good deal! Under invoice for an '08. Did you have a trade? What were the doc/dealer fees? I need to move to a large city.
  • Options
    No trade in. Got the Altima straight up. As I posted, the $28,835.89 included title, new tags, taxes, dealer prep and doc fees, etc. Still can't believe the deal we got. What a sweet car. IMO, precision gray is best color for the Altima. Very classy.
  • Options
    What's your tax rate, 6% or 7%?
  • Options
    gooddeal2,

Here is the breakdown:

cost: 27,000.00
    PA insp/emissions 73.95
    PA Tax (6%) 1,624.44
    Title,tags,document
    fee,notary fee,etc. 137.50

Total OTD 28,835.89
  • Options
    jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    you didn't buy an extended waranty?
  • Options
    fallsguyfallsguy Member Posts: 5
    I am seriously considering a 2008 2.5S with Floor/Trunk Mat Set, Aluminum Kick Plates, Emergency Aid Package, and I think the Convenience Package, as it is the only one that does not include a moon roof.I was excited my employer gets me DPlan VPP, but I see that is not the best deal. VPP price for this configuration would be would be $21,223 before taxes on a sticker price of $22,800. If I use the previous poster's rule of thumb and even get $2,100 of sticker, that is $20,700. What do you think my chances are of getting that here in west suburban Chicago?
  • Options
    That sounds like the exact car I am looking at, including the color. I live fairly close to Al Piemonte Nissan in Melrose Park. Can you tell me what dealer you bought from? Sounds like a good deal you got
  • Options
    goodkdgoodkd Member Posts: 9
    Nissan is currently offering 1.9% financing on 08 altimas.

So, would it be better for me to put an extra 10k down or leave it in my money market currently getting 4.5%?

My understanding has alwasy been that, in this situation, I should put down the minimum because I am making more interest than paying. Is that correct? I guess I don't know if its a 1-to-1 comparison (the 1.9% vs. the 4.5%).

Thanks for any help.

Thanks!
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    1.9% financing is a bargain giving you a 2.6% profit. Absent a cash back alternative, it's a no brainer. Go for it.
  • Options
    Thats what I thought to, just wanted someone to confirm. Thank you.

And no, currently there is only the low finance rate incentive for the 08 altimas (no cash incentives).
  • Options
    josefinejosefine Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking to buy an Altima Sedan 2.5S 2007 CVT. Here's the deal that I got: $21,071 minus a $500 discount (all taxes and fees included) and the car has the following specifications:
    -convenience package, splash guards, ABS, mats with hooks.

Is this a good deal?
    I appreciate any thoughts.
  • Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    It is better to keep the money on money market or short term CDs. 4.5% interest is taxable and if you for example in 30% bracket then your real profit from money market will be around 3%. I'd wait a little with a new car though. I'm sure that Nissan will have better deal. It is very possible to see 0.9% before x-mas.
  • Options
    Thank you for the insight. I never really thought about the taxable aspect. 0.9%, huh? Maybe we will chill for a little bit then.

On a different note - is getting an 08 2.5 S with a few options for invoice a deal to be excited/happy about?
  • Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    I don't see it selling for much above invoice. Competition in this segment is fierce.
  • Options
    willyounwillyoun Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote from a dealer in PA for basic Altima 2008, 2.5S with Kick/splash guards, floor and truck mats, and emergency aid package for $20,300 only!? is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Yes, I would say that is a pretty good deal. With all those options, that is $100 below invoice - the best offer I got (on the exact same car) is $20,400. I didn't get it becuase we weren't crazy about the color combo (white with frost).
  • Options
    Was ABS included in this price?
  • Options
    willyounwillyoun Member Posts: 2
    yes. ABS is standard in 2008
  • Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    One Simple Price is $20,154 + TTL (same specs) here in San Antonio. No haggling, a real pleasure to do business with..... ;) Plus, the 1.9% financing makes it a very sweet proposition.
  • Options
    kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    Curious what the members think about this. Have on order a 2008 Altima 2.5-SL Sedan with Connection and Technology package. During the cost negotiations, we asked to have the Foglights and Spoiler options removed to save some money ($680 MSRP). Dealer indicated this was fine and adjusted the cost likewise. We eventually settled on a purchase cost, gave a deposit (which the dealer indicated as non-refundable), and signed the sales contract.

We called to get a status of delivery and to our surprise was told if you get the Technology Package on the Altima 2.5-SL, then Foglights and the Spoiler are no longer an option, but a must-have (by Nissan rules). Now the dealer is indicating we will have to adjust the contract price to include the $680 cost of these items.

Still waiting for the car, and for a resolution on this matter. We are willing to accept the Foglights and Spoiler on the car. That is not an issue. The issue is whether we have to pay for these items. Just curious if anybody knows what legalities are on our side regarding this issue?
  • Options
    We are willing to accept the Foglights and Spoiler on the car. That is not an issue. The issue is whether we have to pay for these items.

Haha, if you have no issue, you should pay for that.

OTH, I think it's fair that they don't charge you full price for those 2 items cuz they're not part of the contract. :shades:
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    well, your signed agreement has the price, right? And they can't honor that price, correct? In that case, it should be null and void and they should have no problem refunding your deposit and you can go find a different car.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Our feelings is that it was the dealership's mistake, not ours. There was no intentional deception attempted on our part. We only asked whether these items could be removed to save money on things we did not need. The dealerships are responsible for knowing how their car packages are put together (or not put together).

Therefore if they wish to retain our business, our inclination is that they should have to take the loss on this one. I believe the contracts are written more in favor of the dealership, therefore they could cancel the contract due to a price change, and would of course have to refund the full value of our deposit.

What has us a bit upset is that when they did tell us about this mistake, they quoted us the MSRP price for the additional Foglights and Spoiler. The least they could have done is negotiated their mistake by quoting their cost. That might have gotten a more favorable reaction.

Bottom line, we like the car. We are just trying to see what options we might have at our disposal (legal, or negotiation wise), before we give up on it. We might be able to work something out if they throw in some extras, such as dealer-cost on the missed items, and something like some free oil changes, or possibly Floor Mats. We shall see.

Bottom line is, we will probably pursue the purchase of this car. Depending on how they handle their mistake, will determine whether we buy it from them or not. There are plenty of other Nissan dealerships in my area to work with.
  • Options
    raghavendharraghavendhar Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to by Altima 2008 2.5SL with connectivity package and its comes around $24,997 + tax with 2.9% and 0 down. Is this a good deal?
    Please let me know.
  • Options
    > I am planning to by Altima 2008 2.5SL with connectivity package and its comes around $24,997 + tax with 2.9% and 0 down. Is this a good deal?

If you go to the Nissan website and 'Build Your Nissan', you will see the MSRP prices for what you have:

$20,580 Base MSRP
    $3,850 2.5 SL Package
    $1,000 Connection Package Accessories
    $625 Destination and Handling
    $26,055 Total Configured MSRP

So you are getting over a $1000.00 off list. Is that good? All I can say is that it is a better deal than the one my wife and I worked out at our dealership, who claimed they wouldn't deal much because the car is in such demand. Plus you are getting the low financing rate. Therefore from my experience, you did not do too bad. Could you do better elsewhere? I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    smedasmeda Member Posts: 2
    That would come to 20571. That seems to be a good deal if it includes TTL. Where is this?

Thanks
  • Options
    smedasmeda Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    It's great reading all your comments.
    I live in Northern NJ. I am planning on buying a new 07 Altima 2.5S(CVT+ABS+ConveniencePkg+splguards+kickplates).
    The best deal I have gotten is 19955 from cars direct including dest charges and $1000 incentive.
    Is this a good buy? Should I wait till month end?
    I have stated this price(I didn't mention the web site though) and asked for bids from the dealers in my area through yahoo.com only if they can beat it.

Is this a good price? Should I wat till month end? Appreciate any input/advise especially from NJ.
  • Options

Still waiting for the car, and for a resolution on this matter. We are willing to accept the Foglights and Spoiler on the car. That is not an issue. The issue is whether we have to pay for these items. Just curious if anybody knows what legalities are on our side regarding this issue?

There are no legalities. In 2007 it was optional. Now it is the only way it is coming. You can hold a grudge with the dealer and go somewhere else to find out the same thing and the same deal. Or you could choose not to buy the car and with a different make. If you were $680 over invoice than I would argue that they should honor their price but if they are at invoice than I don't believe they will lower the price anymore. i understand it is frustrating but it is what it is. The dealer doesn't have to honor their price.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Tinted windows? Painted pinstripes? Mats? free oil changes? Remote starter? Upgrade the rims maybe for a big discount? etc. etc.
    Maybe you need to prod them but they should throw something in to sweeten the deal to make up for their price mistake. You still pay a bit more than agreed but get a little extra out of it... :shades: