Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2010
    You really don't have enough specific information on that vehicle, or about the deal, to know for sure. For instance, whether it is a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder will vary the price substantially. When a dealership adds 'fees', it could range from nothing to 750 or higher.

An easy way to do research, is go to this website = > www.fitzmall.com

Go to the Toyota section, look at the SE models
  • monimoni Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2010
    I am looking to buy a base LE in the DFW area before the end of the month. The best price I have upto now is 20K, including all taxes and fees. I dont have the breakup, but I am guessing the price without TTL will be 18.6K.

Anyone else with recent price paid for similar car in DFW?
  • kanmurikanmuri Member Posts: 1
    I am also searching for base LE in DFW area. The lowest OTD I have is 20500 with 2,000 rebates. Would be interested to know the dealer giving 20k OTD. Thanks!
  • littlesealittlesea Member Posts: 1
    Just bought LE with alloy rims, carpet mats and body side molding for $18575, OTD for $19640. After initial internet contact, negotiated with sales manager for 5 min by phone. I had done my research and knew what features were worth. Sale was hassle free. They delivered car with full tank of gas and gave me good blue book price on my 2000 Honda Accord with 160K miles. Would recommend dealer--Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC.
  • laukolauko Member Posts: 4
    I am happy with my purchase of11 camry,silver,automatic (MSRP $21595) for $18228 ($16000 +tax,fees)out of door at Fremont Toyota. Great dealership in Bay area,Ca.
  • dsmileedsmilee Member Posts: 1
    Could you tell me which sale person to contact? I went to the dealership today, and they refused to sell me the car at the price. Thanks a lot.
  • 2011camrybuyer2011camrybuyer Member Posts: 6
    I`m trying to buy a 2011 Camry LE in Denver, Colorado, I`m getting a price of $22,500 OTD which incl 7 yr platinum warranty & 4 yr maintainence. This includes the new grad rebate and 0% APR for 60 months. Any suggestions/comments?
  • laukolauko Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    It was one of two cars on add. (one was blue and other silver). You can e-mail me but I do not think that sales person will sell you for that price unless management will place it in another add. Cars on add are lost leaders and first come first serve.lauko@att.net
  • danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    with the LE extra value pkg., floor / cargo mats, and windows tint, is $21.3K drive out with the 0% apr. a good deal?
    For 2011 Camry LE in Denver, Colorado, I`m getting a price of $22,500 OTD which incl 7 yr platinum warranty & 4 yr maintainence. This includes the new grad rebate and 0% APR for 60 months. This also incl the floor/cargo mats but not tint windows. So what is incl in extra value pkg? What do you think abt me deal?
    edited December 2010
    hello camrybuyer,

the extra value pkg. has the 7 spoke alloy wheels instead of hub caps. mine only has the standard rebates with 0% apr for 5 yrs., but not qualified for additional rebates on recent grad. and/or military personnel. mine doesn't have extended warranty; since it's a new car that has 36K miles comprehensive & 60K miles mechanical warranty, to me extended warranty is certainly not necessary.

if you have not bought it yet, shop around little more for a lower price since you're qualified for the new grad. rebate which is additional $1K. btw, my location is in houston tx
    Hi danhouston,
    Thanks for your reply, I haven't bought the car yet, so will shop around for a better deal.
  • rj2011rj2011 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys, buying a 2011 model in 2010 and buying the same model in 2011 will make any change in the price difference?.
  • cancun1cancun1 Member Posts: 112
    Just to be clear on your deal.
    MSRP $23506
    Dealer offered $19000 before $1000 cash back, that is you would pay $18K if you do not finance at 0%?

That is a great deal. Please provide the dealership name and the salesman. I am looking for a 2011 camry LE no options. I was quoted $18648 + $100 doc fees + TTL for MSRP $22985.
  • jasayjasay Member Posts: 6
    It's okay but you're still giving the dealerhship around $800 or more in profit. Check out www.breakthedealer.com They negotiate the car price for you and always get it at factory cost. My wife and I used them last month and they saved me alot of money
  • jasayjasay Member Posts: 6
    My wife and I just got our Camry in the same area this last month.. We used a service to negotiate the deal for us and actually paid below invoice (close to $2000 or so below MSRP). The service charged $299 but it was the best car-buying experience I have ever had. Saved us a bunch of time and headache dealing with salesman. They were referred to us by my sister. www.breakthedealer.com
    so, what was the drive-out price for yours? which trim (base, le, se)? and any optional features?
  • toyotasearchertoyotasearcher Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal for a Toytoa camry LE for a purchase price of $21,300 :confuse:

(MSRP 26,100 + rebates/discounts) with 2.9% financing. The Drive Out price comes out to $23,000.

Features
    * AM/FM CD Palyer with Satellite Radio/Playback/IPod Connectivity/Blue Tooth etc.
    * 16 in 7 spoke Alloy Wheels
    * Rear Lip Spoiler
    *Leather Seats
    * Window Tint
    * Premimum Carpet Mat
    * Dealer threw in cargo net
    * Carpet Mat Set
    * Vehicle Shield Package
    good deal...what is the name of the dealership and location..

Thanks
  • afhoustonafhouston Member Posts: 2
    2011 Toyota Camry LE - gulf states (1500 cash + 500 cash = 2000 customer cash)
    options: floor mats only
    price out the door: 20,350-20,600 (the higher end prices include alloy wheels, and/or vehicle shield/tint/vehicle stripes)

This is the Houston and Dallas area dealerships. These prices are 500 or more under invoice.

I used a "fax blast" technique - told each dealer exactly what I was looking for and asked for the price. I then called each one back and let them know the winning bid and offered them a chance to beat it. Many cannot beat the guy who does business at ~20,300 out the door.

However, this tells you that the Gulf State Toyota region appears to have higher priced vehicles than the national market. Basically, a full day of work got me 1000 less than the default Edmunds "fair price" quote.

I think everyone here is looking for the dealer who will sell at 20k out the door on a Toyota Camry LE. There are definitely going to be Toyota Camry CE's at that price.

Now - I don't understand how people in California are paying a full $1500 less than people in Texas out the door.
    Is the MSRP about 25K? This seems to be a great deal. Please provide the dealership name and where located.

Thanks
    This is a great price. What area is this & which dealer. However why are you not getting the 0% APR ?
    This is Houston, TX area. I didn't get the 0% APR because I took the incentives (it was an either/or but because of my credit I was able to get a low interest rate).

In fact, they first quoted me 3.25% and I mentioned that I was getting a 2.9% from another dealership and they matched it (I told them I was going to pay cash otherwise).

Make sure you get a quote before going to the dealership with exactly what you are looking for and have them quote the drive out price. I went ahead and took this car because it had <5 miles and the clear paint protection that the dealer put on themselves which was in addition to the MSRP price I put above.

Hopefully the deal I got was a good one.
    edited December 2010
    Now - I don't understand how people in California are paying a full $1500 less than people in Texas out the door.

because the dealer's quote or buyer was qualified for additional incentives of new grad. & military. if mine had those extra incentives, i could have gotten a camry le for about $19.7K drive out with the 0% apr.
    This is really a great price. As I`m in CO I don't think I could get a price like that. Congrats on your deal.
    I'm finally happy with my purchase of the 2011 Camry LE (MSRP $23,185):
    $21,720 ($20,196 incl tax,etc + 7 yr extended warranty & 4 yr service maintenance $1524)
    This deal incl:
    -0% APR for 60 months,
    -$1000 new grad rebate,
    -$750 Toyota holiday savings
    -Carpet mat set
    -Cargo net
    - ;) Full tank of Gas.

Thanks for all your feedback! Good luck guys!!
  • homebasehomebase Member Posts: 4
    Let me try this again. I paid $24,694. with a list of $29,964. This includes rebates and freight plus I got the zero loan. The deal is good not great. It doesn't match some of the other deals on this board.964
  • konlinekonline Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

I bought a new 2011 Camry LE with leather seat for 21500 (OTD). Is it a fair price ?

Please comment.

Cheers,
    That sounds like a good price... what other features and what was the MSRP/invoice?
  • camryseowenercamryseowener Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if its a good price for camry?

Camry SE -2011
    Camry extra value package --moonroof/sun , spoiler, paint protection blah blah blah...
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

fo 23.5 k (excluding TTL)??

Camry SE -2011
    Camry extra value package --moonroof/sun , spoiler, paint protection blah blah blah...
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

Camry SE -2011
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

• konlinekonline Member Posts: 2
    It is a base camry 2011 LE (MSRP - $23,195) + leather and mats. Still $21.5K a good price for this ?
    Is Toyota still offering the $1000 college grad credit? If not anyone knows whether they will have it again?
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2011
    I live in Oklahoma City and I want to purchase a Toyota Camry LE automatic with alloy wheels. The best quote I've gotten is $19,199. But I'm trying to get to $18,000. Do I have any luck?
  • afhoustonafhouston Member Posts: 2
    Well Ziyulu - I live in Amarillo and paid 20825 OTD (I wrote the check for this amount and got the car) for a 2011 Toyota Camry LE (auto, 4cyl, floormats, tint)

But the best price I got was 20,285 from Bryan, Texas.

That's after the 2000 rebate, taxes, title, etc. The MSRP on it was 23,500 or so.

You can probably get the most competitive bids in the Houston area. Just remember to call the fleet manager/internet manager - tell them exactly what you're looking for, don't say the price, ask them to bid a price - tell them you'll compare it.
    I was responding to an ad for $17,900 at a Dallas dealer and this is his reply:

Yes we do--that is $17,900 + transportation fee + options and must add back in the $2000 rebate. We did this adventisement starting from cost up instead of working from MSRP down. If you are wanting to buy a new Camry for $17,900 I would recommend our 2010 certified Camry for $16,900.

Let me know if you are still interested.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    I have to say... They were amazingly forthcoming, once you contacted them..

Typical of car ads, with unrealistic prices...

It's lucky you didn't spend a couple of hours at the dealership finding out it was a sham..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• byronnbyronn Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I'm trying to buy a LE v6 msrp $25,910 in Los Angeles county, was offered by the dealer for 24,109 otd.

is this a good deal? should i pull the trigger?

thanks,
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    2011 Toyota Camry LE V6
    Zip Code- 91364 (Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, CA)
    Base Sticker- $25,955
    TrueCar.com Best Price - $21,912* and **
    *$1000 Customer Cash Incentive included

**0% APR financing for up to 60 months for 'well-qualified buyers'. Can't be used in conjunction with $1000 Customer Cash...if you have the choice between the Rebate or this 0% APR offer, this is definitely the way to go!

$21,912
    + 2,234 (est. sales tax based on tax rate of 9.75%)***
    $24,146 plus TAG and TITLE fees

***Sales tax calculated at 9.75% which is the correct rate for most, but not all, of LA County. Taxable base would be $21,912 + $1,000 rebate, which is $22,912. $22,912 x 9.75% = $2,233.92

Based on this information, the offer of $24,109 OTD appears to be a good deal. The price you're being quoted (before tax) is lower than my number because your OTD price is $137 less than my calculation. My figure also hasn't factored in tag/reg/title fees either, so that makes your deal look even better!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • byronnbyronn Member Posts: 2
    thank you igozoomzoom, I just hope the dealer will honor this price when i go in.
  • kajivkajiv Member Posts: 8
    In MA I found two dealers offering Camry LE - Automatic - 4 Cyl. Basic for 17,900..Title, Reg, taxes and Doc. Fee (200-300) extra. Total around 19.6K OTD.
  • wwf_undertakerwwf_undertaker Member Posts: 3
    In Florida i almost got the camry le white color for 17.5k OTD from internet sales manager.

Wonder why was so cheap compared to your posts? I didnt buy it as it was the only car they had at that price in a "special stock" which was white. If i wanted another color i had to pay regular what a bummer i should have gone with white after reading these prices i really dont want to pay 20k otd for a le seems like a rip off considering pre owned are 3k cheaper.
  • xiudingxiuding Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a new camry, 2010 or 2011 model. Would you tell me the dealer's name and contact information? Thanks.
    Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney, TX.
    what is the name of the dealer? Is this price includes carpeting and transportation?
  • sethubalasethubala Member Posts: 17
    I'm getting quote for LE with options
    EX
    QA
    L3
    P2
    Drive out price of around 22700

Let me know if this is a good deal

if i can get it for a lower price, where i can get it in my location please help me

Thanks