Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    Do you mean your lease payment is $285.14 including tax? Either way - it is a great deal - I am sure you are very happy!

Carwoo seems to be the way to get the best possible deal - I'm going to try to submit another request

Thanks again!
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2013
    I do not kno how to post a private message, if you tell me where the icon is i will give you details....Yrs it is $ 285.14 per month
  • pbshahpbshah Member Posts: 3
    Need some advice. Recently moved to TX and was shopping for a Camry SE in Austin area. Looking for the NAV package, the dealer had a car with the following options: NAV, MATS, Bumper protector, side molding and power seat.

The OTD is $26514 for 0% for 60 months. Is the a fair price?
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    Try Champion Toyota in South Austin. They are currently offering 20% off MSRP on all in stock Camrys. What is the sticker price on the car in question?
  • kcaj32kcaj32 Member Posts: 5
    Help me out here guys.

I'm getting a new 2013 Camry LE for 19,300 + TTL (specific car, not too fond of its white color)

I'm also getting a Toyota Certified 2012 Camry LE (30K miles, prev rental) for $16,500 + TTL (this one is the color I like)

Should I go for the new one or certified used?

Used is $3,000 less and comes with an additional 1yr/12K miles bumper to bumper warranty + 7yr/100K miles power-train warranty.

New is of a color I don't like but comes with that satisfaction of owning a new car + the new car smell :)

What do you all think?
    Go for the new one, you do not know how may people drove that rental or how they drove it!
  • babucoolbabucool Member Posts: 2
    i got a deal for camry XLE 2013 with fully loaded (blind spot,leather,navigation etc) plus window tint,paint protection pkg.

final price: 25,500
    + Taxes which may come for my state 2,200

OTD will be around= 28K

Is it good deal?? Please suggest me
    What a coincidence! I ended up at Champion Toyota at South Austin yesterday. I got the car I wanted at $22800 OTD @ 1.99% APR. I felt it was a good deal. Includes mats, nav+back up camera, led lamps and tint at that price.

The sticker price of the previous car was approximately 27k. Thank you ziyulu for the dealership suggestion.
    I would think that is a decent deal. I was able to negotiate $28k OTD price for a friend of mine for the 2012 xle last year. I would shoot for a price closer to $27k but not pay more than $28k
  • nspattnspatt Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if you are still looking to buy one.
    The power driver seat is standard with SE, isn't it ?
    Why are they adding it extra ?

door cups/guards/door film $ 131 invoice - $ 199 MSRP <<-- what is door film ? and even $ 131-00 is high for that. Negotiate it down to $ 30.00 or $ 40.00

Legal window tint for FL $ ? This is $ 125.00 at the place where I pay but you can go as high as 175.00 to 200.00, not more than that.

I bought a base SE without moonroof package (and I am not sure what the display audio with entune is ?)

I paid 20,988-00 + tax, tag, title and then the dealer added floor mats and pinstripe for $499.00 . I got a $ 1000.00 student credit after that with finance from SETF.
    I would have reduced further on the floor mats and pinstripe but had to give in as I had my family with two kids when I was dealing with all that.

There are two dealers in Palm Beach county that advertise that they have no dealer fee and it makes so much more easier.
    Delray toyota and Earl stewart toyota have no dealer fee.
    Delray toyota has specials for new cars on their website and it is so much less hassle to go thru that.
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    It's a good deal. Not sure if you could negotiate it lower.
  • jqiaojqiao Member Posts: 8
    the $22800 OTD is just after 20% off MSRP +TTL, or you negotiate more than that? they offer $250 coupon, did you use it?
    edited April 2013
    thanks for your reply

Still looking and I've now secured a price at more than one dealer of $22500 plus tax & tag only - no dealer fee

I did try both dealers in palm beach with no dealer fees - they're still $1000 above this price

This is for 2013 SE $22089 msrp incl $795 destination fee with power seat $440 msrp option, moonroof pkg $915 msrp option, radio with navigation & entune (Toyota navigation plus info/app system - different than just touch screen radio with Bluetooth & streaming which is standard) $1050 msrp option

This totals $24494 - price I have is $22500 plus tax/tag only

The power seat is not standard with SE it's an option

The door film comes from factory but isn't on this car

You got a great price - what dealer did you go to? I'm not sure i can get close to that these dealers act as if they're giving the car away at this price

ugh

buying a car is such a high stress situation & that's why I look to this forum for advice and comparison on what others in the area bought for

Thanks again!
    I went to Delray toyota. They still have the special but $ 500-00 more. If you want to have the options then you can show their price and negotiate with dealers like Al Hendrickson.
    There is no PM-ing here else I can provide my buyers order if that helps.
  • rtilghmanrtilghman Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    Got this offer recently with 1.9% at Toyota South Austin, think it's a decent price but not really sure. About the only thing I didn't include was the JBL sound system, the reason being it's not available without adding in the HDD system and an extra $1600 or so (which seemed ridiculous to me).

Specifically the car includes:

- Blind spot
    - Convenience Package
    - Display audio + nav/entune
    - Leather package
    - Moonroof
    - Tint/stripes/nitrogen
    - Spoiler
    - Molding
    - Vehicle shield
    - Premium mat set

Interested in any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Rick
  • car_buyer_2013car_buyer_2013 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    2013 Toyota camry le sedan automatic sale price of $20131 including destination of 795. Car sale without destination is $19336
    This does not include tax, tags or processing fee of 200. Car comes with power seat, all season mats and carpet mats.

Let me know if this is a good price in the Baltimore area. I will be buying the car tomorrow. I reviewed the prior posts and could not confirm if this is a good price. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Purchased the 2013 camry le new car this am. out the door including everything is 20600 after 500 grad rebate. all seasons and cargo net free.
    I declined an offer for $19,750 on a Camry SE with window tint today at Charles Maund Toyota. I was ready to purchase and signed all paperwork, but then they slapped an extra $125 documentation fee. It's not that I mind paying the extra money, I just thought it was very sneaky and did not like the business practice.
  • hellofriendhellofriend Member Posts: 3
    Last month I shopped around for 2012 Camry Hybrid and was offered $27950 out of door price for a 2012 Hybrid XLE with 0% APR. The price difference I got for Hybrid LE was $750 between 2012 LE and 2013 LE (APR for 2013). Hope this info is helpful.
    Hi Everyone,
    I read a lot in these forums and finally decided on the Camry XLE over Accord EX. Here is my breakdown.

This is in Northern California. Bought today (4/30/13).

No Trade-in.

2013 Camry XLE (No added options, no dealer add-ons)
    MSRP - $25,875
    Invoice - Don't know
    Negotiated Price - $21,918
    Toyota Rebate $750
    Final Price - $21,168

Tax (8%) - $1,759.84
    Doc Fee - $80
    Reg/Title/Other fee - $268.35

Out of Door - $21,168 + TTL = $23,276.19
    I paid a similar price for an SE. Its a great price and enjoy your new car.
    not sure why you would decline? that is a good deal...

what is $125 - really? nothing today...

not worth it to turn down a good deal - and i doubt they were being "sneaky" - i'm sure it is something the dealer requires to be put in every deal

hopefully you still got your car since you signed paperwork =]
    I should have mentioned that this was a loss leader advertised in the newspaper. They had advertised a color I did not want, but I was able to negotiate with them to pick my own color. No other negotiations.
    Initially I went in on Sunday and I asked for the advertised price + free window Tints and they said no, not at this price. I walked out thinking they might reconsider. Didn't hear back from them for 40 hrs. So on Tuesday I went back in and purchased without the tints.
    I didn't get it. I know it was a great deal. Like I said earlier, if we originally agreed on the price, I would not have mind paying it. I'd rather do business with another dealership. Later, the dealer actually called me saying, "Our manager does not want to sell you a car because you were rude to one of our sales managers."
    Funny they said that, most dealers train their employees on how to be rude!!
    I agree with voicemailking - it's like they train theses salespeople to be rude and obnoxious - they make money off of US yes they treat us like dirt

I HATE car dealers and the people who work in them - scum of the earth
    edited May 2013
    This is why I chose the 2013 camry le over the 2013 accord

1. Dash - The dash of the 2013 accord looks cheap. The camry's dash has a leather look with accent stitching giving it an upscale look.
    2. Side panels - The side panels in an accord looked too much plastic and not upscale. The side panels in the camry looks like leather although it is not and does not look like plastic.
    3. Audio - The accord audio sounds as if its a 20 year old radio with the sound having the quality as if its coming from a coke tin. The touchscreen audio on the camry is simply awesome. Love the clarity of the sound and the options with the good bass effect.
    4. Seat comfort - I have a long drive everyday. The accord seats were hard whereas the camry's seats are not too hard and not too soft. Just right. The camry's seat base is lowered at the end of the base helping your lower back get full support to the bottom of your back. The accord's seats are not bad but wont give the same lower and full back support as the camry.
    5. Glovebox lock - I was expecting the glovebox of the accord to have a lock. It does not. The camry does have a lock.
    6. Ride - The ride on the accord is relatively rough. Some people consider this as their flavor of being sporty. The camry ride is quiet and the focus is on the audio or the super clear Bluetooth. The best part in the camry is the sport mode which is not available in the accord making the drive a bit boring. I really liked the extra passing power I was getting with this sport(aka automanual) mode in the camry le.
    7. Drive - Accord's drive is cvt which is not well engaging versus geared camry with the sport mode.
    8. Legacy - CVT is not proven on the Honda. The auto transmission of the camry is very proven. Lookup carcomplaints.com. The first year of all the accord model year changes are having the most problems. 2003, 2008 and may be 2013. Not sure but the prior pattern exists.
    9. Design - The accord's design looks old whereas the camry's looks modern.
    10. Space - Visually speaking, the camry's space is undoubtedly more although the specs try to tell you something else.
    11. Windnoise - Accord has far more windnoise from the driver side. Stepping into the camry was a big relief when test driving one after another.
    12. Wheels - I like the wheels on the accord.
    13. Seat cloth - The light color cloth on the camry has some kind of self design and a stripe on the back but both cars have bad cloth seats giving a cheap look.
    14. Center box lid extender and sun screen extender - The accord does not have these both and I want my hand to be supported while driving. Love this on the camry.
    15. Backup camera - Love the backup camera on the accord but I still have to look on both sides to see if anyone is coming this side and cannot totally rely on the backup camera even if this was on my Toyota camry. This was not a deal breaker.
    16. Design - The accord definitely copied a lot from the 2013 lexus es 350 i.e. dash design, tail lights, front leds design etc.(Checkout both cars before commenting on this point.). The worst part is the accord's tail lights are the same as Hyundai genesis and I am not a fan of Hyundai cars and their false promising techniques with the mileage etc. Camry designed on their own and no copying needed and I like that independent design and other cars don't have this design and most importantly, I don't think of Hyundai genesis when I look at my camry's taillights.
    17. Fuel consumption - Looked up fuelly.com and the forum on Edmunds.com and the mpg of both are comparable. I made sure I was not comparing camry hybrid. I am getting 34 to 37 on my camry le.
    18. Financing - Camry has 0% whereas accord has 1.9% as their lowest. Also, camry has a grad rebate of 500.
    19. Maintenance - Camry has two year free maintenance(or 25k miles) whereas the accord does not. However, Camry does not have a maintenance minder and after the free 25k, the camry maintenance will be very expensive compared to the maintenance minder driven cost experience on my accord/civic.

By the way, I don't work for Toyota and this is the first time I bought a Toyota car. I had three accords and one civic before this car.
  • antoniokantoniok Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Can someone share the information about price paid for Toyota Camry XLE V6 2013 in the Texas area with the selected options? Please indicate the price without taxes and title etc. Thanks.
  • ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    This is what I see on My Local Newspaper:

http://ads.ocregister.com/rop/web/ocr/category.php?id=3&today=1

Some good ones are LE for $18,495, SE $ 19,495 , if you qualify for all 3, $500 each rebates...
  • sukahtsukaht Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can anybody help me with price for Camry 2013 LE in New Jersey?

The dealer quote:
    Sales price $20,700 including destination fee
    Secure Etch $199
    Doc Fee $359
    Sales Tax 7% $1462
    Reg $301
    ----------------------
    Total $ 23,000
  • andy1688andy1688 Member Posts: 2
    Place a negative review about this dealership on yelp dot com for the public to see. This will wake them up and also affect their business.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I already did. I also put it on their Facebook page and it was deleted immediately. I post it on my Facebook page and one of the managers made a comment. Here is what he said:

Hi Guys. My name is **** ****. I am a Manager at Charles Maund Toyota. I just want to make a few clarifications: 1)The "write-up sheet" that we use has the $125 dealer document fee pre-printed on it in bold letters. It is never "added at the end" and every write-up includes all fees. 2) Every Dealership has a "Dealer Documentation Fee". 3) Dealer Documentation fee is printed on every advertisement in the small print. 4) At Charles Maund Toyota, our "small print" is actually 10 point or larger. In other words, it is not small. We encourage you to come in and see for yourself. Ask for ***** ****** (Customer Relations Manager).
    I just picked up a Toyota Camry SE for $19,000 plus TTL here in Oklahoma City at Bob Howard Toyota. I highly recommend this dealership.
  • dee117dee117 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    In working with the internet sales dept, I am looking at a 2012 Toyota Camry SE with 200 miles, 4 cylinder standard equip package at the following price:

MSRP - $24979
    **This dealership also has a 2013 identical Camry SE (Same color, 4 cylinder, same standard package) advertised with an MSRP of $25039 (that's what, a $60 diff?)

- $3,000 for 2012 models

$21979 would be the total before TTL for the 2012 model. I am thinking that being that this is 2013 and the 2014 Camry's will be coming out in Sept? a 2012 Camry, even a new one that is sitting on the dealerships lot, has depreciated in value by at least 15% - 22% accord to my research? If so, this would be a diff of between $3746 and $5495.... which is what I'm thinking my negotiating strategy would be greatly appreciated! Any feedback or tips would be appreciated as I am looking to purchase on Mon or Tues....
    No, that is not a good deal. I'd say it has to be at $19,000. See my post above. I got a 2013 with MSRP $24,940 for $19,000.
    Did your 19,000 include any rebates ?
  • gemni24gemni24 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealership in Northern California ? Looks like a good deal.
    Nope. Just a cash price.
    Ok, too bad I'm in SoCal.
    How does invoice -1,000 before any rebates sound for a SE 4 cyl?
  • jats1jats1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am getting Camry Hybrid LE for $24,421 + TTL from 2 dealers in Chicago area. Let me know if this sounds like a good price ? What number I should aim for?
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8
    Are there any options included in that $24,421 price? If not, it seems like a fair price (a few hundred dollars below invoice on a very popular model). It's also about $1500 below the Kenosha CarMax (easily drivable from the Chicago area) no-haggle price for the same model. I don't think Toyota is as aggressive in pricing the Hybrids as they other the standards models. You may be able to shave a few hundred dollars off the quote Memorial Day weekend if Toyota needs to move cars to top Honda for the monthly sales lead for sedans. But I wouldn't get too hung up on getting the absolutely lowest price possible but rather a price that meets your budget, seems fair to you, and possibly saves you the hours and aggravation necessary to haggle for a few hundred extra dollars of savings.

Which Chicago area dealerships, please? I'm about to purchase either an Accord or a Camry, possibly this month, too.
  • jats1jats1 Member Posts: 2
    24,421 does not include anything else. Got it from Libertyville and Elumhurst Toyota. I am going to buy next week, if you find it cheaper let me know..
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8
    Have you tried Schaumburg Toyota? They're the largest Toyota dealership in the area (not that that means they'll have the best price but I'd try there) and about a 20 minute ride from Elmhurst. Also Arlington Toyota in Palatine. I suppose you could ask either to beat the price you have in hand. If I get to either dealership over the holiday weekend, I'll let you know.
  • tekbottekbot Member Posts: 1
    Hi I live in Northern California, East Bay Area and I am looking for a Camry Hybrid. I'd like to know what a good price for one is. I've basically looked at all the East Bay Toyota Dealers. Is a Camry Hybrid around the same Price as your Camry XLE without the additions? Also I'd like to know how you negotiated. Where yo aggressive with what you wanted to pay or did you let them do all the work?

For example: I let a salemen do all the talking and he lowered the price from $27,800 total, to $24,800 with tax, documentation fees and all. I basically kept telling him that I was not ready to negotiate and he kept lowering the price to keep me from walking out the door. Eventually I did, because it was my first time looking at Camry Hybrids. What do you reccomend?
  • bryanhl7bryanhl7 Member Posts: 1
    In upstate New York, I made an offer on a black 2013 Camry LE today. The MSRP was $24,418. Dealer claims that invoice is $22,539. They offered me $22,000, which includes two "sale tickets" that bring it down to that price. I offered $19,000 initially. I am not looking for any interior or exterior options at all (I am even going to get my own floor mats). Locally, I could get a similarly-equipped 2013 Altima for $19,000 and a 2013 Sonata for $18,500 (newspaper-advertised prices). I am not accepting the offer of $22,000 (although it does line up with Edmunds' TMV). Does anyone have any advice? Thanks so much, as this is a very difficult decision!
  • drjjjjdrjjjj Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    Demo that's been beat is the only way you get a 13 SE for under $20K and all the rebates included or a trade that showed $19K but is BS!

Figure $3,000 off list as the best price on a Camry period, unless you get a college grad, military rebate or loaded V6. These must be Ford dealers paid to erode margins?
    The car I got only had 13 miles. It had to be a demo for 13 miles. I have the paperwork to prove it. There was no trade (I sold my old 2006 Camry yesterday by myself).

If you don't believe me, look at Champion Toyota in Austin, TX. They are offering $5,000 off on all in stock Camrys.
  • tanmayvstanmayvs Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to buy CP camry,
    MOdel: LE, Year :2011 and above, Transmission: Auto, Odometer: 40K or less,

What price is reasonable for car? All I am getting around $16-18K excluding taxes and rest

Thanks,
  • hsuhhsuh Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I actually posted similar message on different forum, but last activity was in April, so I thought I'd ask here. I got below deal for a lease and I want peace of mind that I making a good decision.

2013 Camry SE 4-cyl 36 Month/12k
    No option; opted for SE over LE for the alloy wheels
    $225/month with no down and tax/fees included

I also returned my 2011 Camry LE lease early with 1 month payment left on it and 33k miles. Does this sound like a good deal or can i get it cheaper? I'm in northern NJ area.
    For a few thousand more, you can get a brand new one with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. The ones you're looking at have just had the factory warranty expired.