Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Corvettes and all things about them

Comments

• ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    Yes (but after a few trips). However the good news is the car is going on 7 years and NO leaks or recurrences.
  • jiminthehillsjiminthehills Member Posts: 60
    That's great to know that yours has done so well....gives me an idea on what sort of reliability we can expect.

What's the mileage on your Z06 and what do you mean by, "after a few trips"?

BTW, I've noticed you on the Civic forums. I'm looking for a commuter car to keep the miles off the other cars because our drive is approx 140 miles a day and feel that the Civic is the best choice so far. Our 91 Accord (bought new) now has 335K and still going strong. Maybe it will hit 400K?

If not, it's good to know our Z06 will handle a few weeks of high mileage until we find a Civic deal.....
    Gee I had to go back to the records to review. 4 trips

1. Injection of dye and static test. Both covers were tightened.

2. Metallic grinding sound doing figure 8's and still leaking. Replaced gear oil and additive (due to dilution of fluids due to injection of dye) still leaking.

3.Seal 12369460 & 12457739 R/R new gear oil and additive

4. leak at bleeder screw, bleed screw cleaned and fluid level adjusted.

Finally no more leaks.

My Z06 is a garage queen at 75,000 miles.

Since you have a commute of 140 miles per day x 22 days mo x 12 mo or 36,960 miles per year; the Civic is a distant second (38-42 mpg.) The first (in my opinion) would be VW Jetta TDI same commute with 48-52 mpg. The math indicates (38/50 mpg) Prices of (will of course flucuate and vary) fuel over here is 3.41/3.05. So however you wish to run the numbers.... But here are some gross metrics 37,000 miles/38/50 mpg = 974/740 gals x $3.41/3.05 per gal= $ 3,321/2,257.per year/277 mo/188 mo. Run the fuel savings out 10 years and you are talking 1064 per year = $10,640.
    So far so good, but the car will be down there until Friday. Seems the Corvette guy is pretty busy. This dealership is about 26 miles from our home and does a lot of Corvette handling, what with 5 Vettes in the showroom and an additional 7 in the back, they have a pretty good allocation.

Just don't look at the stickers in the showroom. The two Z06's are going for $94,000 (20K in added dealer mark-up) and the verts and coupes are going for MSRP plus 10K in ADM - Yikes!
    My 2004 Z06 doesn't have 'em and I'm seeing a lot of pits and paint chipping starting to take it's toll on the rear panels aft of the front and rear wheels.

The new Z06's have a smart good-looking mud flap arrangement to help keep the pitting under control.

Does anyone make a similar good-looking set-up for the 2004 model?
  • vettevervettever Member Posts: 20
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that many C6 drivers just don't wave to other Vette drivers? Not all mind you but the majority just refuse to throw out that friendly salute. Now if I drove a C6 and read this I would certainly go outta my way to make sure I did my part to be more friendly.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    They make a lot of Corvettes. You'd have a sore arm at the end of the day once you started that.

Traditionally the arm-waving was done with sportscars that were so rare that you were surprised and delighted to see another one.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case with motorcycles---that's more of a "we're in this together" kind of wave...and besides, you don't have to roll the window down. :P
  • starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    Remember, not all Vette drivers are old hands. Those that
    get the first Vette ever as a C6 are going to take awhile to
    learn the ropes. I know when I got my C5 it took awhile for
    me to be looking for other Vettes. And, as noted, there
    are a lot more Corvettes on the road than there used to be.

If the newbies get enough waves, they will begin to ask and
    then get into the flow. Save the Wave!
    Randy
  • johnevettejohnevette Member Posts: 7
    It's not you, it might be that the driver of that C6 has not a clue in what he's driving.
    has no history of the car. it could be on lease, etc.
    am proud to own 2 c5's. i love car and history since childhood.when i seen that RED STINGRAY on diplay.
    so i salute all vette owners when i see them passing by. and thats coming from a NYC boy. wouldnt catch me waving to a rice burning tuna or mustang! lol
    ...just returned back from Vegas (So Cal) and noticed quite a few Vettes along the way, most acknowledging the wave.

As for the C6, I had a red one coming up from behind my C5 in the left lane and he paced me for a few miles, staying back about 30 feet or so. When he finally passed me, both he and his wife both waved and I gave them the thumbs-up.

The wave seems to get passed-on to SOME of the C6's....
  • mtj67mtj67 Member Posts: 15
    Hi all, I just bought my first vette ever...'91 coupe. Anyway, I was driving home on the highway, and a light kept coming on & off on the dash. It said "SHIFT" with a little arrow pointing to the top-left. lol what is this? Also, which Drive gear should I drive it in normally...the regular Drive, or the one with the Overdrive circle around it? It's an automatic. Thanks very much.
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    Any input on what automatic transmission would compliment the Corvette LS7 engine in a kit car?
    Sorry for the late response....

ruking - Four trips is not fun, but glad they eventually nailed it. It may be indicative of what I may have to experience regarding my cooling system leak. The axle seal replacement seems to have worked so far.

When they fixed the axle seal, they also replaced the water pump, saying that was the cause of the coolant scent. However, the scent is still there and now I do notice another slight leak, so back to the dealership for more diagnostics...stay tuned.
  • john_fjohn_f Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone upgraded their C6 base stereo? If so, does it blend well into the dash? Can you briefly describe the upgrade and results? Thanks in advance.
    Just talked to the Chevyman and it looks to be another water pump (the original went bad and now the replacement is dead out-of-the-box), so it will be replaced under the new part warranty. I pick the car up tonight.

So far, the axle seal is holding up.
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I want to buy a new Vette this fall but can`t decided if I want an auto or a manual. I was wondering, if I get ready to sell this car, which will be easier to sell the auto or manual?
    I don't think it matters....there are buyers for both types out there...probably an automatic would take a little longer to move, but it will appeal to people who use the Corvette as a high speed long-distance GT car, who drive in a lot of traffic, or who have knee problems, etc.
    I read this in passing, and have not kept good statistics for the C-5, C6 generation, but fully 75 % of the total Corvette production (C-5,C-6 generation, 34,000-36,000 per year) have "automatics". 100% of the Z06 model line have been 6 speed manuals.(app 6000-8,000) So by default, that does not leave very many NON Z06's, which are 6 speed manuals (3%=1,080 per year + 8,000 Z06's= app 9,080/36,000=25%).:( :)

In my humble opinion, if you do longer touring, weekend warrioring, more specialized track applications, the 6 speed is the one to have. The anomoly is the Z06 has app 10% lower gearing vs the non Z06 6 speed. So the Z06 gets app 1-2 mpg LESS.

If you do a fair amount of stop and go traffic, or are a LA cruiser type,(PCH on a gorgeous SAT/SUN afternoon), an automatic can be a no brainer.
    I have a 2002 Vette with an auto now but always wanted a manual. I just didn`t know how hard it would be to resale a manual when I decided to buy another Vette later. Thanks for the input.
    I guess you can see that 3% (6 speed manual, non Z06) any number of ways: 1. very limited, almost custom production, increased desirability (resale value) 2. It is so limited and such a minority population (3%) it is in danger of being overshadowed and don't be caught dead with one. 3. etc.

2001 Z06 Corvette here, got it new with 4 miles on the odometer. The salesman took me through the streets of St Helena, CA (wine country) for its first full tank and two extra miles. :) Since he knew the area WELL and was a SCCA licensed driver, we took a longer ala "fast" tour of the locations of a few wineries. :)
    As noted by several, the auto vs. 6sp appeals to a different
    set and so you can move either when the time comes. The big
    thing for me getting my 6sp in a 2002 was that I didn't do
    much driving in heavy traffic, and it's a good thing, the
    few times I've been in grid lock it has been painful. With
    the new 6sp Auto I think the decision has just gotten a lot
    harder. I drive my manual on track and it is the way to go
    for performance compared to the old 4sp Auto. But I've also
    driven the 6sp Auto on track it is amazingly close in the
    performance at speed. It's worth a look. IMO the 4sp auto
    will be the hard one to move in the future.
    randy
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Final 2007 production numbers have been published.

The 6-speed automatic:
    Coupe = 14093 & 65.6%
    Convertible = 8329 & 76.3%
    Z06 = 0 & 0

The 6-speed Manual:
    Coupe = 7391 34.4%
    Convertible = 2589 & 23.7%
    Z06 = 8159 & 100%

Now IMHO none of these numbers should sway a potential purchaser toward or away from any particular configuration – or color combination, for that matter.

A Corvette purchase is typically not the same as many other vehicles. And if I am buying, insuring and filling the tank, then I want as close to ** MY ** perfect configuration as I can afford. Resale \ depreciation – within the range of ‘best to worst’ among all Corvettes concerns me far less.

I ordered my C6 with a combination of color & equipment that my local dealer ( largest in the SouthEast ) would never order for stock. And I am certain that I will not receive the absolute highest trade-in value, when the time comes. But I drive over 15,000 miles a year in my Corvette – and I wanted it equipped with ( and without ) certain options.

YMMV.

- Ray
    Very happy with my choices . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    ..."A Corvette purchase is typically not the same as many other vehicles. And if I am buying, insuring and filling the tank, then I want as close to ** MY ** perfect configuration as I can afford. Resale \ depreciation – within the range of ‘best to worst’ among all Corvettes concerns me far less.

I ordered my C6 with a combination of color & equipment that my local dealer ( largest in the SouthEast ) would never order for stock. And I am certain that I will not receive the absolute highest trade-in value, when the time comes. But I drive over 15,000 miles a year in my Corvette – and I wanted it equipped with ( and without ) certain options."...

Your above quotes are some of the reasons for the success of the Corvette line. In theory the "ordered" choices (on the issue of auto vs manual: is dictated by customer demand, rather than an oem making more automatics than manuals, because is a "safer" guess about what would be "better" on the market. Also resale according to what I have read is one of the best for ANY American car and competes rather well with the highest end Euro nameplates in that category, i.e., Porsche might beat it out slightly on the resale issue.
    Well I have decided as soon as I can sell my 02 Vette I am going to order a 08. I`m going to get the manual with the new red color and 3LT with chrome wheels. Thanks to everyone for the help.
    The resale \ trade-in \ residual values for Corvettes have historically been among the highest in the segment.

http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/toptens/best-resale-value-2007.html?partner=yahoo

Roughly comparable to a Lexus. Many find this surprising. As many also find the highway cruising \ trip fuel economy ( I average close to 30 MPG at 70 – 80 MPH with passenger & luggage ), the insurance rates and many other aspects.

My dealer is the largest volume Corvette dealer in the SouthEast – and #4 in the country, last numbers I’ve seen.

My sales person does the ordering for stock. Close to 100% are ordered with the Z51 package. Though roughly 42% are built with this option, they know from years of experience what they can most easily sell to THEIR typical customers.

They do typically end up with a few Non-Z51s on the lot. A couple are ordered primarily for comparison test drives - and some are purchased from other dealers. Thus, before ordering, I was able to test drive a Z51 and an FE1 back to back.

The availability of the 6L80 automatic w/paddle shift was a primary determining factor in my purchase timing. For me, this was a critical ‘step up’ from the previous 4-speed automatic with very limited manual control.

YMMV.
    - Ray
    2022 X3 M40i
    Interesting about large volume dealer in Vettes and high %
    as Z51 orders. Out on the left coast we don't really have
    a super high volume Corvette dealer and the low volume guys
    are pretty clueless except about walk-in impulse buyers. So
    lots of dealer orders for stock are auto's when that was
    standard and not extra cost and those were the ones left on
    the lots when the year ended.
    I've now picked up two Vettes by ordering off the internet
    and both as I and the wife wanted them as to options and
    colors. Don't think I would waste time on local dealers
    except to see new colors if I decide to get a new one in the
    future.
    Randy
    Right! As a "VOTING" matter, the real vote (that count toward the ACTUAL statistics) is at the factory order level. I found the factor order process almost totally byzantine. This was after translation by my salesman; who for some reason, made it his mission to get me what I wanted rather than sell me on what he could readily get.

So for example, by the time one goes to the dealer and sees 75% of the new crop of Vettes with automatics and wants say a 6 speed and upcoming 6 speed auto paddle shifter, most probably one has missed the model year. So if you bypass the 6 speed manual because all they had WAS automatics, the system really thinks most like autos.
    A coupe of things to keep in mind regarding the Z51 percentage & my dealer. Here, near Atlanta the fact that the Z51’s tires do not perform well in the cold weather is much less of an issue than at 3 other large volume dealers I can think of ( Atlantic City, Detroit & New Hampshire ) where their local market conspires against such percentages. And ( though there are exceptions ) the road surfaces in this area are smoother than in the Northern Tier.

RE: Volume Dealer in CA. Boardwalk, in Redwood City is a relatively high volume Corvette dealer – in the top 10, nationally, as I recall. They currently have 27 2007 coupes according to their web site.

RE: ‘ordering off the internet’. How did that work for you, exactly?

Although my initial contact with this salesperson and this dealership was via email, I physically went to the dealer 3 times. And bought my 2007 from them.

1 – I wanted to drive a new Corvette. Or 2. ( See above. ) Since I had not driven any C6, I needed to check several items regarding both the car’s dynamic behavior and how I fit.

2 – Once we had agreed on the price, I went to finalize the order & sign it.

3 – I picked up the car.

When I felt close to making the decision to buy my 2007 Corvette, I scheduled a visit to this dealer and spoke only with this salesperson – to test drive Corvettes. About a 45 minute drive from where I live.

This was in early July 2006.

Once I had driven the 2 C6s ( both were 2006 automatics – 2007s were not yet at dealers, but had no significant changes ) that I wanted to evaluate, I told the salesperson that I wanted the best price on an ordered 2007.

The price was about what I had expected ( $2K off MSRP ) and I said:

“When you meet the discount I want, I’ll buy.”

Response:

“OK. Great, I will keep you posted.”

I was kept up to date via weekly emails, as discounts grew over time – but with no further real interaction until the email arrived with a discount that met “my number”.

This was late in September 2006. I called and set an appointment the next day to order my 2007. It was delivered in early November.

So my test drives were – 4 months prior to actually closing the sale. I suppose you could describe it as 2.5 months of ( very one-sided ) price ‘negotiation’ and 1.5 months for the schedule \ build \ delivery process.

More important, before scheduling my Corvette test drives, I had test driven a number of other “contenders” prior to the C6 test drives – including the BMW 335i coupe, for example. I knew my timeline. I was up front with each salesperson I spoke to.

If I had less stringent requirements on exactly the optional equipment I wanted ( and didn’t want ) and more flexibility on color, I would probably have bought a C6 from the selection on the dealer’s lot. They usually have 25 or so new Coupes in their inventory.

The Internet is great. Research is great – and essential, for me. But a thorough test drive ( or 2 ) is necessary before I’ll spend close to $50,000.

YMMV.
    - Ray
    Happy Corvette Driver
    2022 X3 M40i
    I forgot, I`m also going to go with the museum delivery. Thanks
    Although some other GM offerings ( the RWD Caddy STS springs immediately to mind ) certainly have had some rather bizarre ordering requirements \ restrictions in the past, I did not see the ordering on my C6 as challenging at all. What was ‘byzantine’ about your ordering experience? I actually found ordering my Corvette quite straightforward. . .

By contrast: For example, the STS could not be ordered with the highest level performance handling package ( was RPO: QAF – now designated PCZ and essentially includes the former QAF components + more ) except on the highest PEG level on the V8. ( That was a 1SG ‘Preferred Equipment Group’ and was an $8,000+ package – and included a number of rather ‘pricey’ luxury \ convenience items that are of very limited interest, thus limited value – to me.

GM \ Caddy Marketing triumphs over actual customer preferences.

Another item of particular interest to me: The Head-Up display was also ( during much of MY 2005, 06 & 07 ) available for order only bundled with the ( K59 ) Adaptive Cruise Control ( at over $2,000 additional ) and only on the 1SG as well. Since my Corvette has a HUD – and no adaptive cruise control, this is clearly marketing driven. Again.

This is one primary reason that today I drive a Corvette and not an STS. I do like the RWD STS. And I do understand that certain combinations of optional equipment may conflict – or legitimately one may require another.

But. The ordering limitations & associated pricing were 2 big reasons why I have not purchased one. Had I been able to ‘cherry-pick’ only & exactly the options I wanted & was willing to pay for, I’d likely have purchased an STS V8 back when GM was running their “Employee Pricing For Everyone” promotion.

For 2008, GM \ Caddy appears to have addressed several of my concerns in these regards. I plan to test drive & price a 2008 STS.

- Ray
    Really, really curious about your ordering experience . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Hopefully in 8/9 years the process has gotten better!!?? This was ordered in 2000. First off, I wanted a 2000 metallic blue "Nassau Blue" hard top. I was placed on the waiting list. I was told we missed the order cut off for the 2000 model year. Next, the dealer really didn't know the 2001 offerings (specifically alpha/ numeric codes to order the 2001 hard top) and the ones in the inner GM order chain didn't either. To make a long story short, it was a seemingly longer wait than what I had envisioned. Since this order was being placed NOT from a so called "high volume" Corvette dealer, which tends to get its so called Corvette quotas, the salesman had to pull some strings up and down the internal GM pecking order (seamless to us the consumer of course) which nontheless affects/effects, who, what, why, how and when, etc.), At times it felt we were PUSHING strings! :( Also at the time, most dealers charged MSRP/plus. So because in our minds, I had wanted the so called hard top, the salesman and dealership worked on giving me close to the 2000 hard top prices for the 2001 so called "hard top" which we now know as the 2001 Z06. Another was there was no order code for NO sound system! There was the other anomoly; the factory called the salesman to extend to me (since I had expressed it) the option to paint my ordered Speedway White, hard top now "Z06" (I had wanted hardtop and they decided to radically soup up the hard top version), the metallic Nassau Blue! They stated 2 GM execs had wanted metallic Nassau Blue and they would be willing to accomodate my "non standard" color choice. Naturally I thought he was playing a practical joke, but nonetheless gave me half a day to decide. So I understand through the Corvette community there are documented 2 (nonstandard color choice) 2001 Corvettes painted Nassau Blue from the factory! :) I kept the Speedway White choice. I probably should have gotten another one painted Nassau Blue, but oh well.
    Interesting about Boardwalk, I know another forum where they
    post but don't seem to be competitive with other 'National'
    dealers. I ordered my first Vette from a dealer in San
    Leandro and the salesman took my $1k down and then since I
    had put in a 60 day, confirm build or refund, he called to
    admit that the sales manager was using all their allocation
    to fill the show room. I wasn't getting a slot. That's
    when I found Ken F. at Fichtner Chevy in Laurel, MT. One
    email set the discount, another set the order details and
    returned the build slot in his allocation list. This was
    summer of 2001 and I got an August build 2002 in Electron
    Blue. As I remember I then called just to make sure the
    phone number worked and sent off my $1k check. I got notified
    of a build date in early Sept., arrived at the dealer in mid
    month and flew up late in the month to pick up the car.

Saved an extra grand over what I'd been promised by the local
    dealer, but not delivered, and about 2k over what was avail.
    if I took what was sitting on lots, wrong colors and options
    I didn't want. The trip got me a couple days in Yellowstone
    with the wife which was one reason she ordered one a couple
    years later. Same drill except she got the last of the '04s
    at $12k off or $39k out the door with $2k more in options
    than my '02 and sticker about $2k higher due to price increases.

I'm very happy with Fichtner!

Randy
    I track my C5, quite alot actually, it's been to about 100
    track days in 4 1/2 years of it's 6 year life. It isn't an
    inexpensive car to track but with a little thought and just
    learning the ropes about driving on race tracks it can be
    done reasonably. I used to think the $200/$300 entry fees
    were a big deal until I learned how quickly I would use up
    tires, brake pads and rotors. That's not to mention the
    work to bleed brake fluid and the mods to keep it cool when
    you start to pick up speed. I have several grand into the
    mods.

From some folks I've talked to the electronics in the C6
    seem to be a little more finiky than the C5, don't know for
    sure. Then with 18/19 wheels the tires are less available
    and lots more expensive than the 17/18 sets I run on the C5.
    I'm guessing the rotors and pads would be about equal.

I think if I were to replace my current coupe I would love
    to find a C5 Z06 with a telescoping steering wheel, they
    didn't come in the Z, even as an option, that had been a
    show car for some non performance owner. It's amazing how
    many Corvettes sit in garages and just go to shows on weekends.
    I even know a guy who had never washed his C5 in 6 years, it
    had never been washed, or out in wet weather. Amazing!
    Randy
    I bought my GMPP through them - last week, in fact.
    Thanks for posting...
    - Ray
    Doing Yosemite this Fall w/Daughter - but without my 'Vette ( sigh )
    2022 X3 M40i
    Hi Everyone,

Please take advantage of Edmunds new Dealer Rating System!

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/drr/jump.html

Your input would be much appreciated and of great help to the community at large!

Thanks from all the Hosts at Edmunds!
    I was just wondering,is the painted top on the C6 that much harder to remove and store than the glass top? Thanks
    http://blog.wired.com/cars/2007/07/popular-mechani.html

Everything sounds reasonable except the limit on production.
    If it sells, they will make more.
    Randy
    http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=5cade220-e3c9-4c99-b98a-4823dab925e7

The Corvette Wave is still alive and the word seems to get
    out there somehow to new owners.
    Randy
    Too bad they didn't use twin turbos. That's a natural set up for a big V8.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,471
    I was reading an update on the upcoming Corvette SS in, I believe, Automobile magazine. They stated (probably not in these exact words, I don't have the mag with me) that "the SS is the last hurrah for the C6 before the introduction of the mid-engined C7". Is this a known fact? Speculation? Pure fantasy? I would like to hear. If this is solid, or at least semi-solid, is there any speculation on when it will arrive or what it will be packing?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

Well that will change the character of the entire car.
    Personally I'm guessing that if you did a search on mid-engine
    Corvette you would find that prediction started some time
    in the 50's, ok maybe just before 1963. I'm not holding my
    breath.

What I can't figure out is who is qualified to drive what we
    have today? I have learned so much going on track for four
    years that I can't believe how little I knew when I started.
    My C5 coupe is 3250#s with 350HP or about 295rwhp. That is
    right about 10#s/hp. AS you dip below that threshold the
    cars get crazy fast, and even things above that can get most
    drivers into trouble. The gas crisis and smog rules, along
    with insurance costs, cut off the last HP wars, don't know
    what it will be this time around, but it will happen. Hope
    I have in the garage what I want when it happens.
    Randy

BTW, just before they cut back before, they were underrating
    engines. Well, saw a dyno of the new 430HP 2008 and it was
    370rwhp, which isn't a normal correction factor, they are
    underrating again, it seems ...
    You can verify your concern by looking in Hemmings Motor News at the large number of Vipers that are advertised "with damage". Most of these supercars are well beyond the average drivers' capabilities. Fortunately, most of these drivers also have the good sense to recognize their limitations and drive accordingly.

I'd like to bone up on cornering techniques before dealing with a 400+ HP mid-engine Corvette. Mid engine cars can snap-spin so fast you wouldn't believe!
  • toydrivertoydriver Member Posts: 227
    Sorry to interrupt the thread about mid-engine super cars.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find a cargo cover for the C6 coupe. I don't see it on Chevrolet.com nor on Autoanything.com. I know they were produced for the C5 coupe. My salesperson can't one either.

Any suggestions ?
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    does anyone here drive their vette more than 15k miles per year? do C6 tires last more than 15k?!
    i'm very interested in how livable is the C6... 15k miles per year sounds like a minimum to me, not a maximum!
    I am at 12,000 miles right now on my 2007 – and about 8.5 months of driving.
    That means I’ll likely hit what I typically have each year for the past 5 – 18K +/-.
    At 12,000 miles, I’d guess my tires have another 12K – or more.
    My Coupe is NOT a Z51.
    The tires included with that option package ( by all reports ) wear MUCH more quickly.

Anyway – my Corvette is my Daily Driver & my only vehicle.
    I find it quite livable – in commuting, “grocery getting”, and long trips.

I doubt I drive mine the most miles per year.
    - Ray
    Some will call me crazy, but . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Corvette owners are pretty good about using their cars on a daily basis (because they CAN). So, too, Porsche owners, who rack up very high miles. But interestingly, you will rarely see a high miles Ferrari or Viper (understandably). Also interesting to me is that Ferraris and Vipers are severely punished in value for higher miles, but not Vettes or Porsches.
    I actually do expect that I will be "severely punished" for the miles I drive. At 2.5 years ( I bought a GMPP to 60 months & 60,000 miles ) I expect to have well over 40,000 miles on mine - and take a significant 'whack' for that.
    (( sigh ))

A friend locally with a 2006 Corvette has just ** UNDER ** 2,000 miles on his...

Yet - I am really enjoying the miles.
    And this is just what it costs...
    - Ray
    Many (s)miles....
    2022 X3 M40i
    Yes but you are getting a great deal of use for your $$$ and your car is still worth something at 60K...a Ferrari with 60,000 miles is essentially a parts car...basically sale-proof.