Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    DON'T PAY ANY DOCUMENT OR PROCESSING FEE! It is pure profit. It's a standard gimmick that many dealerships try to pull off. If they don't remove the fee .....walk. They will call you back.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The doc fee is not pure profit, nor is it a gimmick. There are expenses involved in registering a car. Good luck in many areas in getting a dealer to remove the fee.

Some states do cap it, while some dealers in other states charge outrageous fee. I believe California caps it at $75. A Lexus dealer here in AZ wanted $595, but he also had the cheapest selling price of a car compared to all of the other dealers.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    Those two fees and other dealers' fees are part of doing business. When you come into my office, I don't charge you for the amount of time my AC or Heat was on. If they want to pass some of the costs to the consumer, they can but not at 100%!!!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    After trade-in so many cars, I don't really care what they put on the sale agreement any more. I just walk in and give them the OTD price. At the end, dealers need to make money to stay in business and whatever they call it, doc fee or processing fee, that's up to them.
  • me33me33 Member Posts: 6
    G37 Sedan
    Moonlight White/Wheat
    Premium, Navigation, Mud Flaps, Cargo Net
    39 month/10 k lease
    MSRP is $39,375
    Invoice of $36,145
    Sale price of $35,650
    Monthly payments of $438.75 plus tax = $465.08 (6% tax where we live)
    Incpetions of $2033 (includes 1st month, doc fee of $595, acq fee of $595, Fl fees of $68.50, sales tax in advance $154.98, Registration fees $73, Cap cost reduction of $76.46, tax on cap cost red $4.98, title transfer, lemon law, and few other small fees)
    Disposition fee $395 --they said they would not waive this as it is now standard on Infiniti leases.
    Residual is $22, 050
    No trade-in (got double for car at Carmax)

I can provide more info if anyone is interested. I received this exact price at 2 local dealers. The dealer nearby that has a price guarantee was $10 more per month, would not match or beat price and did not have the vehicle in stock. Also, we were given the first service free of charge and a free oil change (not sure if these are exclusive of each other)

Hopefully, this helps anyone looking to pull the trigger soon.

Lastly, I would love to go in with someone that has a code for the Infiniti referral program. Thanks and have a great Mother's Day.
    The car is a 2009, G37 Journey Sedan.
  • fusionacidfusionacid Member Posts: 11
    Just got a quote
    '09 Coupe Auto Journey w/ Premium & Wheel/Tire package, wheel locks

MSRP: 41,300
    Cash: 36,000
    edmunds invoice 37,150
    does not include any fee's. i'm thinking not even destination.

I'm shooting for $2k below invoice, currently at $1100 below. Is that reasonable?
  • blitzkrieg9blitzkrieg9 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all,

I see this thread as a rich resource of Infiniti buyers and I hope someone here can help me. I am interested in buying the G37x (with Nav, premium package). It seems like there is only 1 Infiniti dealer in the Portland area...100 miles radius! I see that I will be in trouble for negotiation since there is no competition! :(

So, I contacted the sales person via email at this showroom. And he replied saying how the G37 is not a mass production car?...and its the best car ever and quoted the list price (42,355). I cross-checked about prices from the Edmunds online TMV which was close to 38000 in my area.

However, he was offering $500 off the list price, when I asked him to make me the best offer. Can you believe that?!

I feel that given the dealer incentives of 2000, I should be able to get this car for 35000-36000 and not more. I shot him an email asking him to negotiate around Invoice price or else I am walking away...

Any experiences from Oregon G37 buyers?

Thanks!
  • carbuyer84764carbuyer84764 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased a G37 Journey Sedan with Prem Package, Splash Guards, Impact Sensor and Trunk Cargo Net for $32749 + $399 doc fee in Phoenix AZ. This is $1300 under invoice once you add in the doc fee. I considered purchasing in California where I had deals in place for $2000 under invoice and better, but after I factored in travel costs, day off of work and higher California sales tax, it wasn't quite worth it. There are 4 Infiniti dealers in the area, but 3 are owned by the same group, so its not a highly competitive market.

If there's anyone left out there who would like to team up on the referral program and has a code, please email me at carbuyer84764@yahoo.com . Thanks!
    As I asked in a previous post, if someone has a code and wants to share. I would be grateful.

please either PM on the site or email to melias33@gmail.com. Thanks
  • pharm30pharm30 Member Posts: 36
    care to share which dealer? I am in Phoenix. thanks
    Sure. I purchased from Infiniti of Superstition Springs in Mesa. The transaction was smooth. It was a pleasant buying experience. Pinnacle passed on a nearly identical deal and Infiniti of Scottsdale tried to slip in a doc fee after we had already agreed on a price plus TTL.
    Surprised they were the best deal. When I was leasing in August they refused to budge lower then $500 over invoice. I even told them that Scottsdale had accepted $100 over and they would not budge.

I really wanted to buy from them, I live out there and that's where I have my warranty work done. I like supporting a Mesa business instead of a Scottsdale business. It didn't help that one salesman told me that I needed to get a life because I emailed him for an answer three days after the original email that he never responded to.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jeevnycjeevnyc Member Posts: 3
    I just picked one up two weeks ago. Amazing car. Call Legacy Infiniti. Good people. Ask for Jay Seller and tell him Sanjeev Sharma sent you.

He will take care of you. The best deals you are going to get is on cars you have on the ground. If they have to go find it for you, you will never come close to the same deal.
    My dealer was in Broward County, FL. The dealership name is Inifiniti of Davie (Warren Henry). Sawgrass Infiniti was at the exact price. I agree about getting the best price if the car is on the lot. If anyone wants to know who we dealt with or any other info, please let me know.
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    I don't have the mf, residual, ect...

But I got quoted for a G37X Sedan with Navi and Prem for 1500 out of pocket and 475 a month plus tax..

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. I'm trying to get more info on what the 1500 includes. I told the dealer I don't want to pay anything upfront.

On a side note. I still have a few payments left on my exisiting lease. The dealer said they won't just make the remaining payments without me dropping them into the new lease. This is only my second lease. Do dealers usually just make the payments for you or do the usually make you pay for them in the new lease?(Going from Dodge to possible Infiniti) Thanks for the help...
    No one can tell you if it is a good deal without knowing the price of the car. When you are buying or leasing a car the first negotiating you do is the selling price, not the payment.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, you want them to make the last few payments, they are going to be baked into the price of the new car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • dio1dio1 Member Posts: 11
    who did you deal with at Sawgrass and Warren Henry. I went into Warren in Davie didnt get very good treatment there but curious on both. Thx in advance.
    Initially, we did an internet query through Edmunds. We decided to test drive in Davie and received an intial price that was not even close to what we ended up paying. After speaking in person to Coconut Creek and emailing Sawgrass and Palm Beach, we received various prices that Inifiniti of Davie kept matching or beating. In the end, we went with Davie because we were treated very well by our salesperson and we had never even stepped foot inside Sawgrass. Our salesperson was Lizzette and our finance manger was Steve. Both dealt with sincerity, honesty, and integrity. We were never "closed" or even offered rustproofing, glass etching, etc. I was able to communicate with Lizzette by phone, email, and text message and always received a prompt response. If you go in and see them; have your best price ready and make sure they have the exact car you want on the lot and you should be able to get a fair deal. The person I dealt with at Sawgrass was Matt Park. He was also great over the phone and internet and I would have given him the business had anything gone awry at Infiniti of Davie. Overall, this was one of our easiest car buying experiences ever. If any of the names involved are reading this thread, thank you again for your help--
  • JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    Here is the exact deal :

Hello Mike. Josh from Lynes Infiniti. If i ate your 2 payments totaling $938 and moved your mileage from 12,000 to 15,000 per year your monthly payment would be $534.37 including your NJ Taxes.. Keep in mind this has to be a car in stock or due to arrive this month on my inbound board. Your total drive off would be due at signing $1786.95. Your selling Price on the car is $37,789, money factor is .00141
    and the residual is 55% $22,759

If you have any additional questions please feel free to call or email me back.

Look forward to your response

Someone please comment on this deal....
    $32k sounds like a good deal, what was the financing? which dealers are together?
    I live on the west side, haven't been too thrilled with them.

I was browsing, Pinnacle has a used 2007 coupe with 24K miles and they are asking $29,998. haha.
    It wasn't the special Infiniti financing offer, but got 4.8% for 48 months. It's my understanding that Peoria, Scottsdale and Pinnacle are all owned by the same group.
  • maverick2218maverick2218 Member Posts: 4
    I would recommend looking elsewhere (Seattle or Bay Area). I had contacted the dealer in Portland and he kept quoting me a few hundred $ off the MSRP!! And he wanted a $3K deposit up front to ship the car from another dealership since they didn't have what I wanted.

The Portland dealer just didn't want to negotiate, so I didnt waste any further time dealing with him.
  • blitzkrieg9blitzkrieg9 Member Posts: 2
    You are absolutely echoing my experience! :)
    I was trying to avoid buying from any other state and save myself the sales tax (which comes to be around $3k!!). It is a shame that there is just one Infiniti dealer in the entire state! Its not surprising they are not interested in negotiating.

Come to think of it, it might be a risk getting stuck with a monopoly dealer even for after-sales service.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    I am not sure where to post this query, so I am sorry if this is not the right place.

Just got my loaded G37x Sedan 2 days ago and love it. Just trying to figure out the center portion of the liquid crystal display (LCD), on the dashbooard. Next to the gear shift indicator, for example, "P" is displayed when the car is in park. Right next to that is a smaller "A". What does that stand for? To the right of that there are 2 sets of digits. One seems to represent the permanent odometer, and I thought the other represents the trip odometer, but that doesn't seem to be so, because that is located just above and that resets when the elapsed time resets.

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks to all in advance.
    Quote from Pinnacle salesman:
    "vehicles being sold for under invoice is news to me. We do not sell vehicles under invoice. GM, Chrysler or Ford perhaps, but then again they can't hold a candle to an Infiniti".
  • cycnetcycnet Member Posts: 15
    As in the Owner Manual 2-5:
    Odometer/twin trip odometer
    The odometers1 and twin trip odometers2 are
    displayed on the dot matrix crystal display
    when the ignition switch is in the ON position.
    The odometer records the total distance the
    vehicle has been driven.
    The twin trip odometer records the distance of
    individual trips.
    Changing the display
    Pushing the TRIP A/B RESET switch s3 at the
    bottom left of the combination meter panel
    changes the display as follows:
    TRIP A ! TRIP B ! TRIP A
    Resetting the trip odometer
    Pushing the TRIP A/B RESET switchs3 for more
    than 1 second resets the trip odometer to zero.
    Average fuel economy and distance to empty
    information is also available. (See ªDOT MATRIX
    LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYº later in this section
    and ªHOW TO USE STATUS BUTTONº in the ª4.
    Monitor, climate, audio, phone
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    I can't believe that I just never saw the A/B Trip Odometer Reset Button on the left side of the dash. Once you find the button, it's a "no-brainer". Thank you so much!!!!
    Many states have reciprocity rules i.e. if you are an OR resident and purhase a car elsewhere, you won't have to pay that state's sales tax....worth researching! ;)
  • speedricerspeedricer Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I got a quote for 2009 G37x coupe with Premium and Nav package, Wood Trim, Spoiler, and Illuminated Kick Plate for $40K OTD plus tax. Is this a good deal? Any room for improvement?

Thanks
  • bthamminbthammin Member Posts: 1
    I am going to lease the vehicle next week. Can any one provide me the redemption code for rewards, I can use as referral?

I can be contacted at: bthammin@gmail.com
  • kansasguykansasguy Member Posts: 6
    I bought a Infiniti G37S. If anyone has a referral redemption code please send me at good_nit@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Nick
  • lp1986lp1986 Member Posts: 1
    I live in central Florida, so I shopped online with Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando. I bought a the G37 coupe with Navi and Premium Package and a few small options for $2600 under dealer COST, or about $6200 off MSRP, i.e. MSRP $43,255 and my cost $37,064. This included the $2000 dealer incentive and a $599 discount to offset their $499 dealer fee. I did the entire deal online with Carey at Orlando Infiniti. What a great experience, and they had the color combo I wanted. We went down on a Saturday and test drove it and picked out the color. No pressure, No BS. Definitely fun to drive and beautiful inside.
  • mlcusa_edmlcusa_ed Member Posts: 3
    looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code to team-up for
    the Amex gift card incentive. Please send me an email to mlcusa@hotmail.com with
    the following info:

Owner redemption code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Detail info., click
    here
    !
  • kyusssg37xkyusssg37x Member Posts: 3
    Bought an Infiniti G37x Blue Slate Sedan Prem/Nav/Tech/wheel locks/cargo net/trunk mats, Graphite interior for $38.6K OTD including TTL (Northeast)

I am also looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code (received in the mail) to team-up for the Amex gift card incentive. Please send me an email to kyusss@gmail.com
    the following info:

Owner redemption code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code
  • johnsg37xjohnsg37x Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone had any luck pairing up for the promotion by posting on here?
  • bbz001bbz001 Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. Do you mind sharing where in the NE you made your purchase?
  • kyusssg37xkyusssg37x Member Posts: 3
    Boston Area...Danvers.
  • loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    carbuyer84764,

Was that a rear wheel or all wheel drive ?

Thanks
    It was a rear wheel drive.
  • rsaulrsaul Member Posts: 28
    Was just quoted the following price in Minneapolis...thoughts? I currently have a 2008G35xS (which I bought from the dealer) and they said they would love my trade-in...would hope this would increase my bargaining position? Thoughts?

2009 Infiniti G37x sedan
    Liquid Platinum/ Graphite
    Premium Package/ Navigation/ Sport Package/ Splash Guards/ Trunk Net
    MSRP: $42,425.00
    Cash Price: $37,890.00+TTL (includes the cash back offer/ no special APR)
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    That does look like a good deal, but you're still taking a bath by trading up after only a year of ownership. Is the extra 0.2 liter (and two gears) worth it?
  • rsaulrsaul Member Posts: 28
    They offered $28K for my trade (have 11K miles); very bad depreciation hit for 1.5hrs of ownership. I agree, its never worth sinking $40K into a depreciating "asset" despite 24 more hp and 2+mpg, but guess its more emotional than economical. I would love to get the CoupeXS, but think I've been overruled by the wife (and 2-yr old daughter with the car seat).
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    South Florida owners, If you buy or lease a NEW Infiniti after March 23, 2009, Infiniti is currently offer a reward program, kind of referral reward. It is a $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.

I am a current owner and have a code for the reward. If you recently bought a new Infiniti, you can contact me at countrypoint@yahoo.com.
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    It's certainly more emotional than economical! But, hey, you're keeping the economy afloat :)

You raise a good point, though: when a trade-in is factored into the equation, it's important not to become too seduced by the sales price, since the dealer is (usually) making up the difference by lowering the trade-in value. (I'm assuming that, had you wanted to sell your 2008 on your own, the deal on the 2009 would have changed, right?)
    Welcome to two months ago. This forum is filled with cooperation requests, and it is not a South Florida deal, its nationwide.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Bought a 2009 G37 Coupe 6M, Premium, Nav, Rear Spoiler for:
    $37,918 + TTL and doc fee, for an OTD of $42,400. This included the $2000 incentive. Tried negotiating the documentation fee away, but here in Arizona the dealers just wouldn't budge on it. Doesn't help that 3 of the 4 Infiniti dealers in Phx. area are under the same ownership hat, as someone has already pointed out on this forum.

If anybody has a referral code that you would like to share and pair up with, we both could get some money back. If interested, please contact me at lorenzo.casta@yahoo.com. Thanks!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    rsaul, what's your '08 MSRP? I would be happy to get 28K for my '08 G35x w/ Premium package, 13K miles.
  • ultragultrag Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a G37 Journey w/premium package and cargo net, impact sensor & splash guards for $31,900 from Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, California. Done everything online. Service was so so but the paper work was fair and prompt.

I'm looking to join up with an existing owner with unused owner recommendation code for the reward program. Email me, dxhoang@gmail.com, if interested. Thanks.
  • montreid8888montreid8888 Member Posts: 5
    So you got the G37 cash price with incentive to be nearly $600 below invoice + TTL? Nice job if it's true. The dealership just gave the car away at that price.