Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cycnetcycnet Member Posts: 15
    Nothing is wrong with " taking a longer time". Did anyone mention it is "wrong" ?
    We are all here to help each other to get a decent price, aren't we ? Cheer
  • Options
    mosmef06mosmef06 Member Posts: 12
    Holdback on a G37s is approximately $700 according to one source. That would mean you could dip below invoice by as much as $700 before the dealer is break even on the front end of the sale. On a G37s w/ premium / navigation / spoiler would take you to $37,455 after holdback and $2000 incentive.

This would be @ 85.5% of MSRP of $43,765. That's my target price.
  • Options
    dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    figure out what a good price is, go and offer it, with a commitment to a 100% survey, and recommendations to everyone you know.

No need to over think it or waste every ones time in a 100 mile radius.

Asking for the best deal is a waste of time. Figure out the best deal. and offer to do business at that number and be done. If they won't do it, walk. If to many of them won't do it, you are unrealistic.

The key is to know the difference between realistic, and a mooch!!!!
  • Options
    do business with a dealer who you respect and who respects you. If they give good service, they are worth a little more.

Just trying to give you the best way from the other side of the desk. [Yes, I'm in the business]
  • Options
    akjitraakjitra Member Posts: 1
    If you buy or lease a NEW Infiniti after March 23, 2009, Infiniti is currently offer a reward program, kind of referral reward. It is a $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.

I am a current owner and has a code for the reward. If you recently bought a new Infiniti, you can contact me at arkom3buy@yahoo.com.

Art
  • Options
    pjt6970pjt6970 Member Posts: 38
    $33,700?!? I calc it to be like $37k for those options/model. Your price is like $2400 below invoice! That right?
  • Options
    jagman961jagman961 Member Posts: 4
    2009 g37 x sedan, premium,navigation,wood trim,trunk mat and net, $41,875.invoice $38,410.dealer wants $39,850.i plan on using the 0.9 interest rate for 36 months.edmunds says people are paying $39,050 for this car.dealer said he wont give me the $2000 back incentive if i use the 0.9 rate.is this guy nuts or what?what should i pay?
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The $2000 dealer cash is NOT available with the .9% financing or with a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    No way you should be paying that much. I would only pay invoice or lower. These guys aren't selling many new cars in this climate, they need to give it up on the front end, particularly to savvy internet researching consumers. At invoice, they're making over $500 on the sale. Also, watch out for the interest rate stuff, be prepared to walk right away if you don't get the rate you're looking for and the terms you're looking for as well.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply mosmef06.im in the tri-state area in the northeast and these dealers are trying to take a hard stance.they rather stand firm on their prices instead of moving cars and wait it out.i dont know for how long though,should i wait it out?
  • Options
    whats a fair price then kingpcgeek?
  • Options
    I would walk so fast... how many dealers have you contacted anyway? Just tell them you see what people are paying and it's invoice or lower and there's no way you're going to bite unless that happens. If they say they can't do it, then wait until the end of the month when they've only sold a few cars and see how they feel. Eventually these 09's will turn into year old new cars and they'll be heavily discounted, so they have a time sensitive incentive as the year and month moves forward to get.
  • Options
    hebguy03hebguy03 Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased a new 2009 Inifiti G37 Coupe. If you are an existing Infiniti owner who received the owner referral promotion in the mail, I'm looking for someone who hasn't redeemed their code yet. You get $150 in Amex Gift Checks, I get $500. A friend who owns an Infiniti threw hers away.

You would have to provide the following:
    Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name and Adresss

https://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

Send me your info to hebguy03-infiniti@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    Most people here are getting around invoice.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    If not lower. If you are buying the car with cash, people have been getting it for $33,700. I definitely would not pay more than $35,000. What is that CA smoking? I would politely tell him, "No! Thank you, but I'll look elsewhere" and walk off.
  • Options
    $38,710 and be done. There is no incentive to sell a car for a loss, $300 over invoice isn't out of line on a 38k car.

IF, they have been good to deal with. Why waste time over $300 dollars?
  • Options
    seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    I agree totally. This below invoice stuff has got to stop. The dealers are entitled to make a fair profit and if we want them around to service our car and follow-up etc then $300-$500 over invoice should be more than fair.
  • Options
    lfolfo Member Posts: 24
    I also just purchased a new Infiniti EX35. So if you are an existing Infiniti owner who received the owner referral promotion in the mail, I'm looking for someone who hasn't redeemed their code yet. You get $150 in Amex Gift Checks; I get $500.

Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name and Adresss

Send me your info to listan1@msn.com
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,441
    This below invoice stuff has got to stop.

Isn't that entirely in the control of the dealer?

If Best Buy offers you that 52" Sony below invoice, are you going to insist on paying more?

We're here to try to get the lowest prices... That's why it says, "Consumer Driven" above our logo at the top of the page.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lozoyalozoya Member Posts: 11
    "If not lower. If you are buying the car with cash, people have been getting it for $33,700. "

There's that old misconception that "paying cash" gets you a better deal. To the dealership it's best you finance the vehicle especially thru their captive financing arm.
  • Options
    shows how much that most Edmunds employees don't know. They have consumers running around in circles trying to get the "best deal" by pitting dealers against each other.

What you don't realize is, for every time that works, there are 3 more dealers [like me] not quoting over the internet. Why? because I have better things to do than lose a deal out to a grinder who will sell me out for $50.00. I realize that's the business we are in, but making a mini on someone to cheap to realize good service isn't worth my time.

If it's important to people to grind out the last $50-$300 dollars by spending an extra 2 weeks on the internet then go for it. It's your money, and time, but it goes both ways.

There is an honorable way to get a skinny deal, don't expect the world when you come across cheap, and simple minded.

There are bad dealers, and bad customers. Neither one is worth my time!
  • Options
    People understand Economy 101: Supply and Demand. I paid a reasonable below invoice price for my G37x coupe this year, which left the dealer with the hold back profit. Four years ago, I paid above invoice price for my TL, which dealer got a higher profit during the great economy period.
    How to profit from the recession? The auto makers need to keep in mind that
    there is always more demands for higher quality products.
    I hardly see there is a connection between decent car service to the car purchasing price. In addition, I believe that car dealership makes more profit from service. You usually don't negotiate the car service price and don't spend time in shopping for the lowest car service price.
    It's OK for people spending time in getting a good price if they can offer and enjoy the long running process. I certainly would not spend a long time and don't have the luxury time in searching for the lowest price. However, I presume that there are people have time and enjoy the long processing time.
    Knowing what people on the other side of table think is a great experience.
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    I agree totally. This below invoice stuff has got to stop. The dealers are entitled to make a fair profit and if we want them around to service our car and follow-up etc then $300-$500 over invoice should be more than fair.

Back in August I thought I had negotiated a great deal at $100 over invoice. Then the paperwork comes out and yes they were going to see me the car at $100 over invoice but on top of that was the already added tint, clear coat and door ding protection (plastic tape on the edge of the doors) at $450 and of course the $395 doc fee. So my $100 over invoice car was actually $945 over invoice. You want to sell cars at $300-$500 over invoice then stop adding BS add-ons.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    This below invoice stuff has got to stop

Kudos to the moderator for responding to this.

As consumers we are at huge disadvantage in the car buying process. The process is filled with several areas where an uninformed buyer can be manipulated to pay more. Naturally, there are many dealers (I like to think my Infiniti dealer is one) that treat their customers well and earn repeat business.They will always be around.

A dealer's goal is to sell the car for as much as it can. I have no problem with that. A buyer's goal is to buy the car for as little as possible. As long as both parties understand that and respect each others position, there should be no problem.

Above invoice, below invoice, at MSRP, whichever price you pay--you pay. The dealer has no obligation to sell a car at a price it deems to low, and (more importantly) the buyer has no obligation to purchase at a price he/she believes is too high. The concept of "fair" profit is an illusion. I have heard dealers say on these boards "I need to make a profit to feed my family". Ok. So do I.

I personally have saved thousands on car purchases and leases by being a faithful reader of these forums over the last several years. Thanks to the moderators for their contributions and the many readers who have shared their experiences.

Jim
  • Options
    leitrim1880leitrim1880 Member Posts: 7
    I just took delivery on a 2009 G37 Journey Coupe at $2200 below the invoice prices listed in both Edmunds and Consumer Reports from Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, California. It was an internet sales transaction with three other dealers competing for my business. The Metro people won out due to their honesty, integrity, and forthrightness in communicating with me. I urge any prospective buyer of an Infiniti to give Metro a chance to earn your business, no matter what state you reside in. This forum was extremely helpful in providing valuable info re price, otions, etc.
  • Options
    "I hardly see there is a connection between decent car service to the car purchasing price"

I couldn't disagree with you more, for instance, i get this from time to time. "Store A has a car that's cheaper than yours [usually another high line dealer not selling my brand, Audi] I'm going to buy it from them, but they don't know how anything works, can you sit in the car with me and go over all the functions"?

How many times do people complain about salesman who don't know their product, yet they will still buy from the guy who doesn't know his stuff because he was $300.00 cheaper.

Kingpcgeek, I don't do "BS add ons" so you'll have to take that complaint to the specific dealer who does.

Yes, there is something to be said for getting a great price, where i draw the line is gong after the last penny like it's blood, or a big FU to some dealer who ripped your neighbor off 3 years ago. Folks have the right to do it, I reserve the right to move on. and shake my head. There are just more important things than that to me.
  • Options
    we walked in each others shoes a little more, we may have a different attitude.

I've been in the customers position, anybody want a sales job? ;)
  • Options
    dathinkerdathinker Member Posts: 2
    I also just purchased a new Infiniti G35X. So if you are an existing Infiniti owner who received the owner referral promotion in the mail, I'm looking for someone who hasn't redeemed their code yet. You get $150 in Amex Gift Checks; I get $500.

Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name and Adresss

Send me your info to g35xrocks@live.com
  • Options
    djimaplondjimaplon Member Posts: 2
    I have found a certified pre-owned 2008 G37 S Coupe 6M with Premium and Nav. with 15K miles listed @ $34,880. However, I know that this car was sold at auction by another dealer who previously had the car listed at $32,788, but was uncertified. I also know what the current dealer paid for it at auction. This same dealership has a similar car with 22K miles but listed @ $33,888. Edmunds' TMV is $35,387. What is a reasonable cost/mark up in US$ to certify?
  • Options
    njb045njb045 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new Infiniti G37X. So if you are an existing Infiniti owner who received the owner referral promotion in the mail, I'm looking for someone who hasn't redeemed their code yet. You get $150 in Amex Gift Checks; I get $500.

Redemption Code
    Your VIN
    Full Name and Adresss

See: https://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

Send me the info at njb045@gmail.com and I'll send you a screenshot of the submission!
  • Options
    $38,710 seems like a fair price to me,i would buy it on the spot if they would take that.they just dont want to budge,theyre sticking to their price of $39,850.its much different here in the ny,ct,nj area than in other parts of the country.everything is more expensive around here and i understand that, but i refuse to pay that much for the car.this dealership is closer to me and has a good reputation.i truly believe that if you buy in one dealership and you take your car into a different dealership for repairs or service while under warranty, you dont get the good service you would get had you taken it to the dealership you bought it from.i would be taking their 0.9 rate for 36 months,and when using their low rate they just dont want to budge off their price.they must all deal with each other too around here,theyre all on the same page.
  • Options
    ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    Most successful auto dealers rely on parts and service much more than sales
    department. Even if they sell good number of new cars each month, without
    strong parts and service department, they won't survive in the long run.

In this bad economy, for most dealers moving inventory is thankful and probably
    can't worry too much about thin margin when inventory is piling and you have
    to finance them. I can understand frustration of sales people not making good
    vouchers on a sale. However, for many dealers either they move enough units
    or have to close doors soon...

About invoice: Therer are other ways dealers make profit. Just because a car
    was sold at invoice, it doesn't mean there was no profit. There's holdback,
    incentives from manufacturer, finance profit etc...

While $100-200 difference is not a dealbreaker on a $38k car, when there's only
    $3000 or so between invoice and MSRP on a $38k car is not believable and quite
    rediculous to me.

Finally, if customer buys new car from local dealer, more than likely he/she
    will visit parts/service department for service or warranty issues, which will
    be more profit for dealership. :)
  • Options
    bman33bman33 Member Posts: 85
    Since I also just purchased a new Infiniti G35 in the eligible date range to receive an Am Ex gift card, I am looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code yet. You get $150 in Amex Gift Checks; I get $500.

All we have to do is provide the following:

Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name and Adresss

at this web address - https://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

Either send me your info or vice versa and we can both benefit!

bman3333@gmail.com
  • Options
    jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone with experience with any of the DC infiniti dealerships? How about pricing for 2009 G37x (AWD)? I'm looking at Navi+Premium. Thanks!
  • Options
    ny37ny37 Member Posts: 3
    Yes - invoice was about 37400
  • Options
    shaolin11shaolin11 Member Posts: 2
    I did a lot of research and had a great experience with Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda, salesman was Joe Davis. My 2008 G37S nav + prem came out to $41K OTD back in October.
  • Options
    shaolin11shaolin11 Member Posts: 2
    I am also a current owner and have a code for the reward. If you recently bought a new Infiniti, you can contact me via the forum.
  • Options
    infiniti_ownerinfiniti_owner Member Posts: 2
    Shaolin,

I am a new Infiniti owner who would like to contact you regarding your reward code. You can send me an email at alan_infiniti@yahoo.com
  • Options
    gman45459gman45459 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a G37 and am looking for somebody to team-up with for the Infiniti owner recommendation program, please send me your redemption code, your VIN, and your full name and address; i will submit it and send you a screen shot of the completed redemption form.

gman45459@gmail.com
  • Options
    mchaimchai Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I'm new owner of G37. I'm looking for current owner with the reward code to team up with for the Infiniti Owner Recommendation Rewards Program.

Please contact me *** ahfoh280@yahoo.com ***
  • Options
    pharm30pharm30 Member Posts: 36
    What do people think is a fair price on remaining 2008 g35 sedans?
    I have inquired about several as to what options they include and of course I have yet to get a straight answer - platinum listed for $34,680. I am aware of the financing or $2000k (maybe price includes the $2k).

I cannot seem to find the TMV on Edmunds for the 2008s.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    johnnyo319johnnyo319 Member Posts: 12
    I just negotiated through email for a deal for a G37xS Sedan with Navi for $36,700. From what I saw, that is about $2000 below invoice! Is this a good deal?

Regards,
    Johnny
  • Options
    That is a typical deal nowadays. You are getting the car at invoice minus the $2000 dealer cash. Be warned though if you plan on leasing or buying at the the special Infiniti finance rate the price will jump up $2000 as that dealer cash will not be available.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    pharm30pharm30 Member Posts: 36
    so I email the guy again who avoided answering my questions - the dealership has 12 2008 G35s listed under new inventory - he emails me back without answering my questions, then asks where I got the specific stock #s I asked about because the 2008s are sold out. what a joke. :mad:
  • Options
    chris_bchris_b Member Posts: 3
    Hi all-

Just brought my new G37 S home and couldn't be happier. That is, unless somebody out there has a referral code and wants to team up with me...

Anybody still have an unused code?

Please contact me at:

chrispybac@excite.com ;)
  • Options
    nvisichnvisich Member Posts: 2
    I'm also a new ower as of last week on an FX35. Looking to team up on this Rewards program.

Contact me at: nvisich@aol.com
  • Options
    jephyboy1jephyboy1 Member Posts: 13
    So, I got a quote for G37x AWD Coupe with Navi+Premium for 38,000 (doc fee and destination included). No TTL included in this price. This is in the DC area. What do you guys think? No other options added to this price.
  • Options
    With MSRP 44,756, invoice price 41,114, and the 2,000 incentive, the fair value should be 41,114-2,000= 39,114. Your quote 38,000 is great.
  • Options
    nolimits8nolimits8 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone received a good price quote in the SF bay area for a G37 sedan with premium package? I'm planning to pay cash, but it seems like all the dealerships in the bay area is only offering $1500 off invoice.
  • Options
    netordersnetorders Member Posts: 6
    nolimits8-

We paid 13.3% below MSRP and 6% below invoice in RWC for a 2009 G37 w/premium and some other frills. I could have gotten them to lower the price a few hundred more, (holdback $700) however, being a long day, my DW said OK.

Elk Grove: They were internet sales savvy and nice people. 75 miles away.
    Concord: They were not interested in negotiation and therefore lost the sale test drove a S here.
    Pleasanton: First impression not good over the phone, however had lowest price to try to get us in with a follow up call from mgr.

Of course all could get the car for a transfer fee, however RWC had one on the lot in a color/interior scheme we could live with. At the time, the inventory with premium or color choice was dismal.

hope this helps .......