Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ppateppate Member Posts: 6
    Lou...it is 09. Edmunds MSRP in my area is $37,015 and invoice is $34,122 and TMV is $34,553.
  • Options
    ichen2ichen2 Member Posts: 1
    I've been reading the posts and it helped me a lot in buying a car. Thought I should share my experience with you.
    I just bought a '09 G37 Journey sedan with premium package and navigation for $36,952 OTD. Before TTL, the price is $2220 below invoice. I might have been able to get it for lower if I waited, but I thought the price was very reasonable. I bought it from Metro Infiniti in Monrovia; that is in SoCal. Good luck.
  • Options
    ny37ny37 Member Posts: 3
    Is $33,700 a good price for 2009 G37x with Premium? Before TTL. Based in NYC. Thanks
  • Options
    cycnetcycnet Member Posts: 15
    In general, $2k below invoice for sedan and $1k below invoice for coupe are good prices.
  • Options
    wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

I have narrowed my search down to these 2 cars and would appreciate your comments on which direction to go...

2006 G35 (bluetooth, sport wheels)
    47,000 miles
    $17.600

2007 M35x (NAV, bluetooth, Air/Heat Seats, etc)
    $19,000

I love the M, but am nervous about the high miles and lack of factory warranty.
  • Options
    carscarcarscar Member Posts: 22
    ppate, I have got negative response for my offer of invoice - 2k; but i will wait till last day of the month before deciding. Any progress at your end?
  • Options
    FixxerFixxer Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm about to go test drive a used 08 G35 Sedan w Premium and Navigation packages. 15.5K miles on the car. Black on Black (color I want).
    We pretty much agreed on a price of $28,000 (this is out-the-door, as we don't pay sales tax on private seller transactions :)
    The G35 still has 3 years of factory warranty. The seller also has 2 additional warranties on the car: 4 yrs left on tire/wheel warranty and 2 years left on an appearance warranty, that covers things like door dings, etc.
    I think i'd be getting a great deal (as long as it passes inspections at the dealership, etc). But you guys tell me, is this really a good deal?

Thanks!
  • Options
    For a new 2009 G37 with premium and navigation, you can get it for $35,000. If you take the 1st year of depreciation about $5,400 and then the fair price should be $29,600. The difference between G37 and G35 is a personal factor and up to you to decide.
  • Options
    ppateppate Member Posts: 6
    CarsCar,

I see that ichen2 bought a G37 w/ premium, navigation at $36,952 OTD ($2220 below invoice before TTL) in SoCal. I know it's very local market dependent but I feel it should be possible to get ~$2K below invoice.

My plan is to wait until Tuesday to make an offer. They only have G37 sedans with premium and navigation left here. I checked with a San Antonio dealer (fixed price, no haggle) and they are willing to sell a G37 with prem. & nav. at $34493 + TTL. Most of their cars come with prem/nav.
  • Options
    kansas25kansas25 Member Posts: 3
    This is what I've been offered by a Northeast dealership for a lease deal. I think it's reasonable, but would like some feedback from you guys. Thanks for your posts!

2009 G37x Sedan w/ prem package, wood trim, splash guards, trunk mat and net
    MSRP = 39,725
    Vehicle price = 36,548
    Residual = 23,438 (59%)
    MF = .00209
    Rent/Lease Charge = 4,617
    Term = 36 mo at 10k /yr

Monthly payment = 520
    Due up front (fees, reg, tax, 1st payment) = 1080
    All taxes included.
    $500 loyalty rebate appplied to cap cost reduction.
  • Options
    ppate, yes, it appears to be a local problem. Premi + Nav seems to be the popular combination here as well. I am willing to go for it, if they accept my offer of Invoice - 2K. if not, i am going to wait it out till my current lease gets over by end of May.
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    If you can swing the added cost, the M35 seems like a much better deal. Just get an extended bumper to bumper warranty. I believe you are still eligible if you are still under warranty. The M is a superior car in general to the G. Good luck...
  • Options
    derekgoderekgo Member Posts: 2
    just got thru negotiating a buy for a G37S Coupe w/ premium and sport package, no nav as I don't need...got it for $2000 below invoice...these boards gave me valuable info...thanks guys!
  • Options
    netordersnetorders Member Posts: 6
    Wanted to share my experience after reviewing other posts in preparation for the car purchase.

Did the Costco program. Good starting point. However, $500 over invoice is the Costco deal. However, the $2k incentive did show up here.

Phoned all dealers within 60 miles (4). Only 1 had car in color and options. But all could get if we just came down.

We a bought 2009 G37 w/premium, sensor, net, splash & kick for $2k below invoice. This $2K was a dealer incentive which expires 3/31. It is only offered if you DO not finance w/Infiniti. One or the other. $32,6XX. slightly less than TMV for my area.

Soap box time - What a hassle it still is to buy a car. If you don't come prepared, they will take advantage and they still have that stupid mentality of what would you pay and getting all your information first. And my favorite, if I can get the manager to agree do we have a deal to buy a car TODAY. Glad I only have to do this every 7 years.

Anyway- thanks to all on this forum for sharing experiences and insights. And to those still dealing, good luck!
  • Options
    JayManCpaJayManCpa Member Posts: 28
    I was recently quoted on a G37 Coupe with prem & Navi for

15K miles a year
    $3,000 out of pocket
    $499 a month..

Anyone think this is a good deal?
  • Options
    ny37ny37 Member Posts: 3
    Dont know about the lease details but re price, I got quoted $33700 (excl TTL) 2009 G37x (Premium, , splash guards, trunks mat but no wood) in NYC. Wood should only be $500 extra
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Too little info to make an informed decision. How much is the car? What does the $3,000 include? $499 include tax? How many months is the lease? What year is the car? Etc, etc.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    mosmef06mosmef06 Member Posts: 12
    I'm also interested to hear the answers...
  • Options
    I got an initial price quote for a 2009 G37s w/ premium, navigation, choice of rear spoiler on the two that have my color. Sticker is $44,130, sale price is $41,265 (with infiniti financing), own financing price is $39,265. So my questions are, how much above invoice is this? What should I look to offer initially? They also have one in stock at the dealer that has a slightly different color, would there be any financial benefit to making an offer on the one they have at the location vs. a transfer (other than transfer fee if applicable)?
  • Options
    picklofpicklof Member Posts: 2
    I'm just waiting for the April numbers out of Infiniti, before I take the plunge. Please let me know what you all think of this deal.

G37x w/Prem & Navi (trunk mats and some other small stuff)
    MSRP: $41,325
    Purchase Price: $37,994
    Lease for 39 months
    12K miles
    $1,400 out of pocket total (for doc fee, bank fee, license stuff and first payment)
    NO CAP COST REDUCTION (which I'm told is the only way to lease)

$565 for monthly payments
    (They used .00229 MF and 57% residual)

So what do you all think? Go for it? (Again, after I see what Infiniti offers for April)

Car_man, you out there? Do you have the April numbers yet?

Thank you in advance,
  • Options
    The 3,000 includes (doc fee, bank fee, license stuff and first payment)
    15 K a year
    I don't know the price of the car or mf. All I care about is the out of pocket and monthly payment. It's for a 2009. The lease is for 39 mos.
  • Options
    How can you tell if you are getting a good deal if you have no idea how much you are paying for the car? $3,000 is a lot for TTL, fees & 1st. I would bet it also includes over $1200 in cap cost reduction which is a horrible idea on a lease. You are a salesman's dream customer, buying by payment and not asking any questions on how they get to that payment.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    netordersnetorders Member Posts: 6
    I calculated my cost savings from MSRP to actually paid to be 13.29%. If is this ratio is useful, based on your numbers it is 11.02%, without their financing, We did not use their financing.

I roughly calculated that invoice, is 8% below MSRP. That is what they showed me and it matched Edmunds.

Hope this helps......
  • Options
    that's actually a pretty helpful way of looking at it... i'd like to know what others saved off of MSRP as a %. Anyone else care to share their savings from MSRP?
  • Options
    asasin112asasin112 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 09 G37x sedan from the NYC area with premium, nav, splash and cargo for $2500 below invoice. Financed from outside, all cash deal. The dealer also threw in free 1-year maintenance and remote start for free! ($600 option)

This forum has been critical in my negotiations for the past few months. Thanks to everyone!
  • Options
    What was the invoice amount? What was the amount paid? What was the MSRP? Glad the forum has helped you!
  • Options
    asasin112asasin112 Member Posts: 9
    msrp: $41,325
    invoice: $37,934
    price paid: $35,441 + TTL
  • Options
    drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Asasin,
    I too am in the market for the same vehicle, on Long Island. I would appreciate it if you would be kind enough to share the dealership and name of the salesman. Thanks in advance. Any idea what the monthly payments would be on your deal on a 15k/year lease?
  • Options
    This type of info is extremely helpful... added in my info below

msrp: $41,325
    invoice: $37,934
    price paid: $35,441 + TTL
    percent of MSRP: 85.76%

right now i'm at 89% vs. your 86%... any others care to share these stats for their purchases?
  • Options
    Bought G37 Journey sedan with premium, navi, wood trim, splash for $35,2xx (about 88% off on MSRP of $39,9xx). All cash, about $1600 below invoice, best I could find in Dallas, TX.
  • Options
    knome2knome2 Member Posts: 14
    In CT, G37xS sedan

MSRP = 40,275
    Invoice = 37,025
    Paid = 35,025 + TTL

87%

Free wheel locks, cash & trade
  • Options
    He broke it down but it was over the phone and I can't remember the exact breakout. I agree that 3,000 seems to be way to much. Does anyone have any idea on what the G37X sedan with navi&prem is leasing out for? I see a few people have purchased them on here but not seeing any leases lately.
  • Options
    FixxerFixxer Member Posts: 2
    Bought a used 2008 G35 Sedan Journey with Premium and Navigation.
    Black on black. 16K miles.

$28,000 OTD

Loving it!
  • Options
    fordandhfordandh Member Posts: 8
    I have noticed a special financing program on internet, say 0.9% APR for 09 G37 Sedan for 36 mo financing, by 06/30/2009. Is there anyone trying this? I think it is a good deal. BMW is having a lot customers because of their 0.9% and 1.9% APR program too. what do you guys think? :surprise:
  • Options
    That is pretty much the same deal they have been running since at least August.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    woowwoow Member Posts: 3
    All,

I am buying G37X and following are the rates given to be upstate NY please let me know whether it is a good deal and I am not getting ripped off.

packages added,

Premium Pkg
    Navi Pkg

Price of the car 36,240
    with 2000 down
    60 @ 5.9% = 721 per month

a good deal? Thanks so much in advance
  • Options
    You want an estimate on whether the sale price is good or the APR? What's the MSRP? Coupe or sedan? What's edmunds list as the invoice? People are getting about 13-16% off msrp regularly here. As far as the financing goes, i can't comment.
  • Options
    oh, August? I was totally attracted by IS250 and BMW328 Coupe at that time :)
    Now I almost switch to the G37 is because its aggresive looking and better handling than lexus.
  • Options
    woowwoow Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for reply. I was looking to know the price.

It is a sedan, on edmands following are the details,

MSRP $41,315
    Invoice $37,932

on a different topic. Do u think X has better resale value? Overall how is the resale value for G37
  • Options
    So lets see... you're at

MSRP - $41,315
    Invoice - $37,932
    Sale Price - $36,240

You're at 87.7% of MSRP. I assume your sale price is after $2,000 dealer incentive cash back for doing your own financing? That would put you at $38,240 which is a few hundred over invoice. My thoughts are that anyone should be able to get invoice as a starting point. It seems to me that alot of people are getting in the 85% range, which is about another $1,000 off of your price. As far as resale value, not sure, some others that have sold / purchased may be able to help.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any idea what the holdback is on the G37? Give or take? I'm just trying to get an idea of the amount of wiggle room below invoice.
  • Options
    im going to the dealer to test drive this weekend and hopefully get a good price. I will come back with the result then.
  • Options
    You don't get a good price by walking into a dealer and negotiating. You get a good price by negotiating by email with several dealers at the same time.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    There are more than one way to get a decent price. Negotiating by emails takes a longer time, while walking into a dealer with prepared data is more like playing poker.
  • Options
    allprimaallprima Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,
    I recently puchased a 2008 g35x sedan and Infiniti just sent me an offer in the mail...
    Basically, it's an offer code for a $500 Amex gift card on a new purchase or lease of an Infiniti vehicle. (I will also receive $150 for "referring" you) If any of you have recently purchased or leased a new infiniti and would like the $500, please email me at allprimo@aol.com. According to the instructions on the flyer, i just log on to the infiniti website and enter the vin # of your car and my car and we both get the gift cards - no strings attached. I dont know anyone personally who is buying an infiniti soon so i figured i'd post the offer up here. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Allison
  • Options
    allprimaallprima Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,
    I recently puchased a 2008 g35x sedan and Infiniti just sent me an offer in the mail...
    Basically, it's an offer code for a $500 Amex gift card on a new purchase or lease of an Infiniti vehicle. (I will also receive $150 for "referring" you) If any of you have recently purchased or leased a new infiniti and would like the $500, please email me at allprimo@aol.com. According to the instructions on the flyer, i just log on to the infiniti website and enter the vin # of your car and my car and we both get the gift cards - no strings attached. I dont know anyone personally who is buying an infiniti soon so i figured i'd post the offer up here. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Allison
  • Options
    Don't understand what is wrong with taking a longer time to get the best deal you can on what is usually the second largest purchase you make.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    brynomonbrynomon Member Posts: 4
    In Chicago I just picked up a silver 09 G37xS Sedan with trunk organizer, all weather mats for about 37.9. Traded in a bad condition 04 maxima and was given a very fair amount. Apr depends on your credit. We got a very good rate.

So far i'm happy but hey i've only had the car for two full days.

Well missed the supposed "snow storm" to try it out in more typical chicago weather.
  • Options
    brynomonbrynomon Member Posts: 4
    Our dealer here said that they don't order many of the rwd g37's because of the winter weather.
  • Options
    pipedorpipedor Member Posts: 1
    I live near the Chicago area as well, and I'm interested in getting a G very similiar to yours. Did you get the premium and nav. package? Also if you don't mind, the dealership? Thanks.