Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lookout Ford, Dodge, Chevy: Here comes T150

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    pyrodexpyrodex Member Posts: 47
    I go out to do some drugs....manage to get lost ...finally hitch a ride from some Dodge guy and get back home to 14 new posts!! Even have some from Rubluetoo!!! What a day.

Andy,
    Your Dakota is marketed as mid-size. However, it is noticeable smaller than my Tundra. Is Dodge lying to consumers? Your logic is ridiculous. MY Tundra will run circles around your Dodge(on road or off)...get over it!!

Rubluetoo,

How long you gonna get to stay around this time?

johnrr1,

Maybe you can make your next SUV the new Toyota which will be based on the Tundra platform. Are you drooling yet?
  • Options
    1taxman1taxman Member Posts: 27
    Isn't Dodge now a German company with the profits going to Germany. They still have Chrysler in the name, but that was just to pacify the American public.
  • Options
    bmckenziebmckenzie Member Posts: 118
    Hey Roadrunner,
    I was referring to your wife with whom wears the pants and skirt in your family, or vice versa. I purchased a Cummins for a purpose, and have no need for a Tundra. I am sure they are very reliable vehicles, but what I do not understand is your hang up on imported vehicles. You need to read post #487 and revisit your import thought pattern (DaimlerChrysler), not just Mopar anymore.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you also.
  • Options
    andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    your logic makes no sense - read my posts before you spout such nonsense.

You don't have to go too far back to read my post saying that Tundra fits between full size and Dakota.

The sign of a true jerk is when you are arguing with me over a point I never even made.
  • Options
    You have no points!
  • Options
    johnrr1johnrr1 Member Posts: 70
    yes bmcken she does where the pants and skirt , but when it comes to MY vehicle purchases she only gets to help me decide what COLOR to get , and even on my latest she picked the color that i wanted the last one in , which at that time she hated , so instead i got driftwood , if i gave her a choice on my toy i'd be driving a 58 vette (yuck) instead of my 69 superbee

as far as the imports go , yes i am not happy that mopar is held by a company from DER FATHERLAND , but since i come from german descent its not that bad ...lol ... but as far as imports go they really don't impress me . my wife had an acura intregra and it was nice but the seats were sized for trolls and i was never comfortable in it , and thay all have that tin can sound when you shut the door , and i'm afraid to breath deeply near one for fear of denting one

of course the tindra would not fit the bill if you needed to buy the MIGHTY CUMMINS POWERED RAM , you made a sound decision , just as a side note i went by a subaru dealer the other day and there was a ford f350 ,superduty ,crew cab ,4x4, dually, powerstroke brand new in their used car section , whats up with that ???

pyroboy your sheer stupidity is shinning on your latest quote , since the dakota is SMALLER than your tundra , which makes it lighter than your tindra , powered with even a lowly 318 that dakota will EAT your tundra as a snack , you may now remove your foot and continue eating turkey , but wait isn't that cannablism in your case ???
  • Options
    i am going to test drive the tindra this weekend , rack up a few miles and beat it some to see what it is that drives you people insane , i may even drive a superduty to see if my thoughts of it being just to big are correct , but no matter the how i feel about the tundra after a ride , i still think its BUTT UGLY and since it won't fit the bill anyway i will still be awaiting my new RAM , i'll report back after the ride , maybe i'll get lucky and it'll breakdown on my test drive , oil and connecting rods all over the street
  • Options
    What's the weight difference....250 lbs. or so? A Tundra will dust Andy's Dakota on or off-road...it will destroy your Ram. Hurry up and trade that thing...I'm sure your neighbors are looking forward to hearing that "semi" crank-up every morning. There is no more obnoxious sound in the truck world than a "wannabe 18-wheeler" Dodge truck..no matter how capable it is. Breaker, breaker 1-9!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    trucks4metrucks4me Member Posts: 42
    We went to give one of them tindras a tryout a few months back. The salesperson refuted the testin of one while haulin Franklins Massey-Fuggerson! Seems there was a problem with the haul on that limited and the weight of that MF now. We hitched that MF back to the Silverado and hauled on out of that dealer now. That interior of that limited one is very confining too. Me and Franklin not fit to well in them cramped seats now. Go test one yourself, see what I mean on this one now. That cab be sized for small ones now. If you like them mini trucks, then that tindra may be the one your lookin for. If your use too the full size ones, then judge one for yourself now (if ya can fit that is).

Prodex you should of got ya one of them slick litte pocket-rocket cars if you be interested in speed racing now. Trucks are for haulin don't ya know? Oh, then again maybe you did. Good luck on this one now!
  • Options
    loserdex , you need to look at data before you shoot off your mouth , try 500 lb difference between the tundra and the dakota , when you're pushing equal power that 500 lbs makes a heap of difference , tindra still loses , also where i live the houses are 200 plus feet apart , i think they will hardly here my diesel wannabe and to tell you the truth i could care less , i think you spew forth your senseless dribble just to see what kind of a rise you can get , all it does is show how childish and clueless you really are , bring on your tindra , my Ram is waiting ... even with a 600 lb difference in your favor it won't be the killing you dream of ,

by the way 600 lbs , there is a whole lot less truck in your fullsize (sic) tindra ,
  • Options
    loserdex , you need to look at data before you shoot off your mouth , try 500 lb difference between the tundra and the dakota , when you're pushing equal power that 500 lbs makes a heap of difference , tindra still loses , also where i live the houses are 200 plus feet apart , i think they will hardly here my diesel wannabe and to tell you the truth i could care less , i think you spew forth your senseless dribble just to see what kind of a rise you can get , all it does is show how childish and clueless you really are , bring on your tindra , my Ram is waiting ... even with a 600 lb difference in your favor it won't be the killing you dream of ,

by the way 600 lbs , there is a whole lot less truck in your fullsize (sic) tindra ,
  • Options
    500lbs???? You must be including the weight of the rocks in the Dodge driver's head!!! LOL!!!!!
  • Options
    yes i must , if you go right to the new car specs on the edmunds site , they give curb weight in the specs , which i'm sure do not include driver weight , so the rocks in my head do not count ... you know pyro , there would probably be half as many posts on this thread if we would stop acting like children , i'm sure that most everyone else,is a little bored as i am fast becoming with our bickering...
  • Options
    The fun has ended. I'll quit posting to"press your buttons". Only legitimate posts from now on. I don't want to get confused with Rubluetoo!. I promise. I really think the Dakota and the Ram are nice looking trucks...they just aren't for me.
  • Options
    pomy11pomy11 Member Posts: 23
    Hey all Tundra fans, finished the first 600 mile road trip to granny's for t-day. What an outstanding road ride on the Tundra, remember how miserable the F-150 trip was before this Tundra run. At 4000 miles I think it's breaking in, running faster and stronger than ever. By the way, it holds all the luggage and two fantastic St. Louis pizzas, all the way home. From the window sticker "American Made Components-80%". Happy holidays.
  • Options
    afs11afs11 Member Posts: 86
    After reading some of the bonehead comments in this topic, I have to wonder if some people actually think?

I have my opion, I order a 2000 Silverado LT 4WD X/C 4-dr. Is it better then the others? I don't know, but after driving the four trucks I selected the Chevy. It's the one I liked the best!

What someone else like is up to them. I really don't give a damn what the bought. I hope that they are happy with their truck.
  • Options
    Spyro and Roadruner,
    I think you need to check out the lastest issue of Four Wheeler, (Pickup Truck of the Year). The Tundra did O.K. but had a Dodge on both sides (1st & 3rd).
    Pyro-meter (Temp gauge on the buisness side of a Diesels Turbo),
    I will have you know my neighbors do not really care for my Cummins firing up in the morning around 0530, but I have good people I live around and I am not a jerk about it. As for the wanna be 18 Wheeler, I bought my Diesel for a specific reason, to pull LARGE loads. If I want to drive a large piece of equipment I will do that a work. I think you should put 10,000 lbs. behind that Tundra and try to keep up with me (mileage & MPH). LOL!
    Roadruner,
    Did you drive the new Tundra? thoughts?
    Hope you all had a good Turkey Day.
  • Options
    BrutusBrutus Member Posts: 1,113
    It's not likely you can put 10000 pounds behind any truck that wins the Fourwheeler contest and get awesome towing results. You have to look at the test criteria. The Fourwheeler, Off-Road, and similar magazines are more interested in off-road performance. Good tow vehicles won't do as good. Motortrend, Car & Driver, and other similar magazines mainly test on-road performance with some mild off-road and occasionally some light towing (4,000-6,000 pounds. If it's tow performance you're looking for, you should probably be looking at some of the RV mags like Trailer Life. The magazine tests that matter the most are the ones that most closely test the criteria that you intend to use the truck to do.

For the record, no manufacturer offers a 1/2 ton that is rated to tow 10,000 pounds. The max is a little over 8,000. Based on the 99 tow guidelines published by Trailer Life Magazine, the max tow ratings for each manufacturer for 1/2 tons are:

Chevy - 8,200
    Ford - 8,000
    Dodge - 7,800
    Tundra - 7,200

The list may be incomplete. It was published at the beginning of the year. It's dependent on axle ratios, engine size and options. There may be more available combos than were available at the time the guide was published. I can also say that the tow ratings change quite a bit when you move into the 3/4 and 1 ton categories. Ford has the highest tow rating with Dodge right behind (almost equal). The Chevy is quite a bit farther back, but I suspect that will be resolved when they introduce their new heavy duty line.
  • Options
    rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    ...so your saying that truck trend rated the much hated Tundra ahead of a 1 model of dodge and all the fords and chevs?
  • Options
    Gentlemen,
    If you read far enough back I defend the Toyota name and I really do not care what anyone buys, it is your money. I wanted people to read an article and have Pyro get off his Toyota horse and see the light, don't categorize people for choosing a Toyota, Dodge or whatever, you don't have to ride in it, I could two craps about what someone else drives I don't make their car payment, I just drive my so called wanna be 18 wheeler, as Pyro says.
  • Options
    Try reading post #499.
  • Options
    Point taken.
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    In the interests of efficiency, this conference is being "split"....

Please continue these discussions in Lookout Ford, Dodge, Chevy: Here Comes T150 - Part 2. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.