Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• Options
    fwbuysfwbuys Member Posts: 7
    several things to note re geico

the coverage is not close to bump-bump. there is also a 250 deductible per problem so if your brakes and a/c have a problem at the same time, they will each be subj to the 250 deductible. the cost, while it may seem cheap at 60/yr will cost you 420 over the 7yrs. i'd just as soon buy the hondacare for 300 more. if i make one claim over the 7yr, i breakeven. geico mbi is meant to protect vs major repairs and i think is a good option on higher end/exp to repair(read mb, bmw, audi, saab) cars where ext warrty is very expensive and none are offered by the mfrs themselves.

either way, the only point i wanted to make was the VERY big difference between hondacare and geico mbi. i've had several dealings with geico on an audi i owned for 6yrs and it is a pain... they make you get a diagnosis and you must pay that... if the problem is "not covered", then you're out of luck and you pay. i had an instrument cluster that went bad - replacement was 800 for part alone.... bad pixels giving it a blotchy appearance. i wouldn't have fixed it if not for the warranty. so i had to take a gamble for the 200 in diagnosis cost to see if it was covered. as it turned out, they did cover it but it always makes me uneasy when geico says things like it "should" be covered but should they find some odd causes, they can opt out.

if you're gonna get ew, get the hondacare. the payup in my view is minimal, the coverage can't even be compared. just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    mahirimahiri Member Posts: 26
    Is the Hondacare warranty the one that the dealer offered or should I shop around for aftermarket hondacare warranties?
  • Options
    rsharprsharp Member Posts: 103
    I find NO LINK at all to offer the EW on the Saccucci Honda web site...what am I missing?
  • Options
    sw_ohsw_oh Member Posts: 23
    Try www.myhondawarranty.com that should be Saccucci Honda's link to their warranty site.
  • Options
    wlhsuwlhsu Member Posts: 5
    I thought I had a good buying experience at Honda Riverside but upon second thought I'm not so sure. Since we bought an odyssey w/ DVD and NAv we thought it worthwhile to get an extended warranty. Having perused this thread earlier I figured I would buy online, or would just buy from the dealership and cancel later. The dealer quoted $1650 and was honest about telling us it was $500 over their cost. However, they also said that we had to buy AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE in order to get a Hondo factory warranty that would be honored by every dealership. He said it was a change that went into effect this year. Thinking that we could cancel it anywyas, we bought it.

Is this true? I see no language in the contract about the AT PURCHASE requirement. In fact the contract looks exactly the same as the one at Sacucci's. Can I cancel and buy coverage from Sacucci's or elsewhere? Has anyone had experience in this?

This does leave a bit of a sour taste to our experience after all - goes to show that you have to be fully prepared in EVERY aspect when buying a car. Even if I can't cancel and re-buy from Sacucci's or elsewhere - I will cancel on principle instead...
  • Options
    fwbuysfwbuys Member Posts: 7
    hondacare is hondacare, whether you buy it from the dealer at time of purchase or thru other dealers after you take delivery. it is the same warranty, backed by honda, sold by dealers. you do not have to buy it at time of purchase is my understanding. you can buy hondacare anytime prior to expiration of orig 3yr warranty. pxing might be different.... based on age of car. maybe cheaper when you buy when new and rise as it ages... i dont know but i would guess so.
  • Options
    djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    You will need it, if you keep your vehicle for 100,000 miles. The Honda Care Extended Warranty program has put in $3,000.00 dollars worth of repair on my 2003 4 cyliner Accord. The original cost of the warranty was $875.00. I would NOT own a vehicle without a Factory Extended Warranty. Things that were replaced on this vehicle: ---A/C compressor, motor mounts (vibration at idle / in gear / brake applied), radio assembly (dash display died), power window package (driver's door), Door handle (front door passenger side) Now I am riding on Honda's dime! ---- Best regards. ---- Dwayne ;) :shades: :)
  • Options
    hockeyfoolhockeyfool Member Posts: 30
    I was walking around the sales department at my local honda dealership while waiting for service on my car. I noticed a brochure titled "Civic - lowest cost of ownership" or something like that. It compared insurance rates, resale value, maintanance costs and repair costs of several competing vehicles over a 5 year duration. The part that caught my eye was the average cost of repairs. For a civic dx (as noted in brochure, didn't note total miles though), Honda says the average cost for repairs over 5 years is about $700. Again, this is for a DX and is based on historical data provided by Honda. I own a 2006 EX sedan auto and average about 24k miles/year. I have to believe that just the fact it is an EX will mean higher repair costs since there are more features that potentially would need repair. Also, as has been questioned here on numerous occasions, is Honda reliability as good as it once was? If not, expect the number of required repairs to go up. My point being, I paid about $890 for a 7yr/120k HondaCare warranty. Based on Honda's own data, I should at least come close to breaking even. Based on EX vs. DX and (perceived/real) lower reliability, I have to believe I will come out ahead in the long run. Even if I don't, the extra couple hundred that I spend over the life of the car for me is worth it just for the peace of mind.
  • Options
    stigs1280stigs1280 Member Posts: 4
    My local dealer offered me the 8yr/100k miles 0 deductible warranty for $1,390 on a Pilot EX-L with Navi because I told him that I could buy it from an on line Honda dealer for $1,150, but he said that if I don't use any of the extended warranty I would receive all that money back. I am thinking about getting it from the local dealer but have them throw in something like the cargo mat as an incentive for me to purchase it through them and not online. What would other people do?
  • Options
    gvramanaraogvramanarao Member Posts: 4
    I hope some one answered your post. If not here is what I would do.

Read all paper work and see if the dealer managed to tie the 0.24% APR ded. to your Honda Care purchase.
    If it is tied, ask them to cancel it and if they want raise the APR by 0.24%.
    If not, simply cancel the Honda Care (you can do it any time in the first 60 days with no charge).

If you do not like to hear the arguments of the dealer, do it in writing and send it in mail with delivery confirmation. They will have to honor it.

If you took Honda finace deal, why cancel? The dealer has nothing to do with that.

FYI, I cancelled my Honda Care for my 3 week old CR-V and I am buying it from an online dealer (Sacucci Honda) for much lower price. I had no trouble with my dealer.

BTW, if you are unhappy with the dealer, give appropriate feedback to Honda (when they call you). You too can call them and complain (I did that 4 years back after my Accord purchase).

Good luck
  • Options
    accord2006accord2006 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you very much, :) I appreciate your time....thats really great options.Its almost 60 days from the day of purchased (07/15)and I have to do something about it. :sick:
  • Options
    hp1hp1 Member Posts: 4
    Last week I purchased a 06 Pilot 2wd w nav. The dealer provided a 10 yr / 100 K drive train warranty. I would like a 10 yr / 100 K bumper to bumper including the nav system. The dealer offer a "wrap program" that was not Honda Care but the price was $2000 plus I don't trust all the legalese.

I tried to get a quote thru Sacucci's but I got the following message. "Where sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer."

As mentioned above, the program from the dealer doesn't sound like a good option.

Can anyone suggest an alternate source for pricing and purchase of the Honda Care warranty for a vehicle located in Florida? Thanks in advance for your consideration.
  • Options
    nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    If you live in Florida you will NOT get a discount. There is some type of insurance type law and the rate cannot be discounted. You are at the mercy of the State of Florida. You can try pricing it at some other Florida dealership, but I believe the price is the same all over the State.
  • Options
    rsb1rsb1 Member Posts: 4
    Try to call thru the traditional phone. Maybe your FLA law would not prevent that but only online service contracts.
  • Options
    When you buy an OEM warranty in Florida or anywhere, you have to give your HOME address (and if you live in Florida) I repeat....you "cannot" purchase an out of state OEM warranty UNLESS YOU GIVE THEM AN ILLEGAL OUT OF STATE ADDRESS...Case closed!!!!
  • Options
    davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    Those little page buttons at the bottom work well and going back you will find the Florida issue being talked about nearly to death, sometimes by me. Bottom line is unless you want to lie about where you live and take it out of state for service, every Florida Extended Warranty buyer will pay exactly the same amount for identical coverage on identical vehicles, that's point of the law. This was done to protect uneducated consumers and although I paid about 1/3 more here in FL than elsewhere, I don't see legislation that protects people from themselves as always being a bad thing. At least I got the same deal everyone else did without the hassles you see so often in this thread. GBA!
  • Options
    davant:
    I agree with you as you can see by my previous post...BUT...the Florida price of an OEM warranty is almost always a lot HIGHER than can be purchased for in other States. Sometimes a lot HIGHER. There is NO competition and this means a FIXED price.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,167
    > This was done to protect uneducated consumers and although I paid about 1/3 more here in FL than elsewhere, I

That's wonderful: the FL legislature (and lobbyists) set it up so everyone pays more (more profit for dealers and insurance company for policy) and you think that's a benefit for protecting people?!!!!

That's like Verizon justifying their price in increase on call-waiting and some other service as a way to help them be more competitive with TimeWarner who has lower prices and is taking away their phone business rapidly in this area!!! Raise prices to help yourself compete against lower costs?!!!!

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    slc9aslc9a Member Posts: 2
    We recently purchased a 2006 Odyssey EX-L-RES. We were unprepared for the discussion with the finance guy about warranties, so unfortunately had not done the research before hand. We purchased the HondaCare 8 year/120K coverage for $1895, and after reading here we obviously overpaid. We bought it because of the many power/electronic features, and because we plan to keep the van for a long time. We're now considering cancelling and purchasing Geico's mechanical breakdown insurance, which is about $34/month with a $250 deductible. Yet there seem to be some advantages to staying with HondaCare? I am also concerned this will be a big hassle to cancel? Please share any advice. Thanks.
  • Options
    phillycarsphillycars Member Posts: 9
    I purchased a clearance 2006 Honda Accord with Nav last night and paid $770 for a zero deductable 5 yr 100,000 mile Honda Care Warranty. They wanted to charge us over $1000 dollars for this until we pulled out prices from another dealership that were much lower. We found these on the internet. The dealer agreed to match those prices.
  • Options
    salenetsalenet Member Posts: 64
    Car to share which websites you found the warranties on?
  • Options
    If you read back about 50 posts you will see the names of the dealers that sell via the net at lower prices.
  • Options
    phillycarsphillycars Member Posts: 9
    Sure, the website we used was http://www.jayhondacare.com/Pricing.htm
    We showed the dealer this pricing and he agreed to match it. :)
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You needed it. It worked out for you. However, obviously, the vast majority of the time there are much less claims than the cost or it would be a money loser for them. They sell the warranties to make profits, not as a public service to help you out and save you money on repairs.
    Most Honda Accords do not need 3,000 or even $500 worth of warrantable repairs between 36,000 miles and 100,000 miles and the risk is even less now that the powertrain is covered by the new 5 year factory warranty.
    I might buy one if I got a bargain price and was likely to sell to a private party in 5 or 6 years rather than trade the car in.
    Maybe I would get a couple hundred dollars of covered claims plus a couple hundred dollars extra resale value to a private party that would make the cost of the warranty easier to justify assuming I got a bargain price on the warranty to begin with.
  • Options
    pete3721pete3721 Member Posts: 10
    I read some posts from someone named "hondacareguy" on this forum a few days ago. It was someone selling the Honda Care EW from a dealership in Ohio.. But why I cannot find all his related posts now?? How is his pricing comparing to Bernardi or Saccucci? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I think you may have mixed the names of the extended warranty and the person posting the message! Use the "Search this Discussion" feature near the top of this page (on the right side) and enter words like honda care andd you'll find a lot of discussion and advice on the subject! Include the word ohio if you need more specificity.

tidester, host
  • Options
    pete3721pete3721 Member Posts: 10
    Tidester, thanks for your suggestion. I did use the "Search this Discussion" function trying to locate the poster "hondacareguy" but it was not successful... I know I did read his post and people's responses -- that must be real, so what happened? That got me bewildered there :confuse: But finally, I found out that I have been reading several forums and the "hondacareguy" was actually from another forum... lol... sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I read his pricing now (as of 7/15/2006), and they are about $25~$50 below bernardi/Saccucci. His original post is below, and the forum I copied from is

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=b351fd1f3a182380f581c75829be42fa&- threadid=5414&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=30

Hope this is helpful for others here.

------------------------------------------------
    Hondacareguy- Tom Brown Mike Pruitt Honda

tbrown@mphonda.com

Not only do you get the best price but we ship you the paperwork next day!! These prices are good on a 2006 Odyssey with less than 6,000 miles. We did have a slight price increase and the following prices are correct as of 7/15/06.

Plan Code: D56 5yr 60k wrap $0 ded $380.00
    Plan Code: D58 5yr 80k $0 ded $600.00
    Plan Code: D50 5yr 100k $0 ded $705.00
    Plan Code: D68 6yr 80k $0 ded $675.00
    Plan Code: D60 6yr 100k $0 ded $880.00
    Plan Code: D62 6yr 120k $0 ded $980.00
    Plan Code: D78 7yr 80k $0 ded $765.00
    Plan Code: D70 7yr 100k $0 ded $1070.00
    Plan Code: D72 7yr 120k $0 ded $1170.00
    Plan Code: D80 8yr 100k $0 ded $ 1150.00
    Plan Code: D82 8yr 120k $0 ded $1250.00

I will overnight via DHL and pay your return postage with instructions on how to complete the paperwork. We of course also sell new Hondas and will ship to you anywhere in the USA!! Please contact our Internet Department for details.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    05pilot05pilot Member Posts: 26
    Re: 2005 Pilot EXL w/RES 26.5K miles..Purch 8/2004

I just purchased a Hondacare z58 EW plan from the fellow at Mike Pruitt mentioned previously..I also bought my Pilot from them 2 years ago (and I live in MA).

I learned that the best pricing on Hondacare plans are available if your car has less than 30k miles on it.

My plan is 6years/84k miles FROM NOW! with zero deductible and covers most non-regular wear-out including my factory DVD player. I paid $1,230 (no tax) and that was a little less than Bernardi and Sacucci (sp), and a lot less than others..I understand the arguements about honda's costing nothing in repairs, but the low EW price, no deductibles, and coverage for 6 more years and up to 110k miles FROM HONDA was too attractive to pass up..The Ext Warr is also transferrable to a future buyer if I sell the car..I recommend Pruit Honda and this warranty
  • Options
    gr1mgr1m Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone tried or would it be a good idea to buy the dealer's EW and use it as a haggling technique? I'm planning to buy an Ody EX, and looks like Mike Pruitt has the cheapest 8/120k/$0 ded warranty for $1250. If the F&I mgr asks me if i wanted their EW, I'd say yes if they would give me the car for the cheapest quote I've gotten so far ($24,260) minus oh, say...$200?!? IF and only IF he would sell me the warranty for $1250 and pay for it separately
  • Options
    jam8jam8 Member Posts: 22
    For those against EW's, our 2002 CRV with 38,000 miles blew the compressor a few days ago. They replace the compressor, condensor, dryer among other parts. I have seen charges ranging from $2,800 to $3,200. To be fair to Honda, baxsed on a CRV forum here, Honda is picking up the charge in some situations.

Here is the question. The condensor is on backorder. and we are without the vehicle. Will the warranty cover reimbursement when waiting for parts. Reimbursement is covered on our warranty.
  • Options
    dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    The quirky regulations of FL wouldn't allow me to buy an extended warranty from a dealer in another state. Does anyone know of any FL dealers that offer good prices on extended warranties??
  • Options
    dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    Actually, I apologize for not checking earlier messages that dealt with this issue, but I'm still confused especially after just getting off the phone with a dealer.

I talked to the finance dept at a dealer in AL, where I'm looking to purchase the car, and he said it wouldn't be an issue for me to buy an extended warranty through them even though i'm a florida resident....he said they do it all the time, which would make sense being that they're close to the border. Does anyone have clarification on this?...When does that extended warranty restriction on FL residents apply??
    Thanks
  • Options
    der612der612 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased two Hondas on Thursday, Aug. 31. We purchased extended warranties for both cars from our dealer. The warranty company is JM&A. My wife is a nurse and puts about 300 - 500 miles per week on her car and I am in real estate and do that much or more. My question is, was it a good idea to purchase an extended warranty? I have read a few posts here and sounds like a Honda doesn't require much repairs. We spent about $1,500 each for 7 year, 100,000 miles coverage.

Thanks,
  • Options
    It's very unlikely you will get $3000 worth of covered repairs between the two vehicles during that window of time between when the factory warranty expires and the service contract expires.
  • Options
    ramantsramants Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have any experiences with Warranty Direct. They seem to cover wear & tear. They offer a Luxury Care Plus plan, which is bumper to bumper for 7/100/0ded @ $1,709.00
    Is this worth it?
    See their email to me:

Wear and tear protection is the highest level of coverage one can purchase. Warranty Direct provides coverage for parts that break as well as those that wear out. It is a much broader level of coverage than the mechanical breakdown only plans offered elsewhere. All Warranty Direct plans include coverage for wear-and-tear failures.

Many extended warranties exclude repairs needed due to "wear and tear." A large number of car repairs are needed because a part wears out from a long period of use, not because it was poorly built.

Many extended warranties define "mechanical breakdown" as a defect in parts and workmanship as supplied by the manufacturer, or a defect that makes the part unable to perform the function for which it was designed. Often, they will state that the gradual reduction in operating performance (wear-and-tear) is not covered. Service contracts that exclude wear and tear will not cover repairs needed because a part’s performance has gradually deteriorated because of normal wear and tear, unless a mechanical breakdown has occurred.

The more miles on a car when a repair becomes necessary, the more likely it is that the repair will be needed because a part wore out, rather than because the part broke due to poor manufacturing. Again, many extended warranties do not cover parts that wear out.

Before buying an extended warranty, you should carefully review what is covered and not covered to see whether wear and tear claims are excluded from coverage. That way, if it is not clear whether a repair is needed due to a manufacturing defect or simple wear and tear, it is more likely that the service contract company will pay for the repair. It is a mistake to assume that a repair agreement will cover every repair your car may need.
  • Options
    Before putting over 41700.00 for a non OEM warranty, I strongly suggest that you check with whatever service dept. does your repairs.(most repair shops don't want anything to do with extended warranties, as it takes forever to get the go ahead to repair, and are you getting OEM parts?) There are too many horror stories of non OEM warranties. You better read all of the previous warranty posts to learn more.
  • Options
    I'll check w/ my shop. I did have one on a previous van & I blew my transmission while out of state. They handled everything & it went well. As long as the company I buy from has a good BBB rating and a history of stability, I think I'll be fine. I will ask around at my shop to be sure they are okay with them.
    Thanks
  • Options
    davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    Dairyshick (can I call you CowGillette instead?),

This is so simple but you're getting confused by the fast talking AL dealer who wants more profit. I'll try to reduce the confusion or at least have you sink deeper into the out of state warranty preponderance before making a decision.

Keeping the AL tags & title is the only way the AL dealer can sell you a warranty good in any state but FL (49 at last count). You must then only get EW service outside of FL and using an AL address. This saves you a couple of hundred bucks over the EW term, big deal. Out of state servicing could also be a major pain unless you live near the border. Note that a FL lender will require FL vehicle registration for folks that reside in FL-- strange but true. The AL dealer should collect sales tax at a rate that applies to where you live (Probably Escambia/Santa Rosa/Okaloosa/Walton/Bay/Washington FL counties that border AL). Change to a FL title later and you'll have to pay FL tax again even though you paid AL tax at initial purchase-- cha-ching! Transferring the title to FL voids your 49 state warranty though--oops. You could get credit for the unused portion of the EW and have to buy it again in FL prices that are registered with the FL insurance commish (same price for identical coverage regardless of FL location). Darn, back to square one, it appears there are no loopholes…

Keeping AL plates means looking like a tourist so I'll apologize now for not letting you in line despite having your turn signal on at the last minute as a public confession of idiocy, LOL.

Keeping AL plates also means you'd be breaking other FL 'domicile' laws like those that require you title a vehicle in FL if you reside here, are employed in FL, hold a FL drivers license, yadda-yadda.

Just because this dealer does this all the time doesn't make it right or even legal. As said so many times before, "Let your conscience be your guide."

The take-away here regarding FL EW's is the state the vehicle is titled in and the EW warranty must match.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    cypresstxcypresstx Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a Powershield contract form Warranty Direct and found out today that they DO NOT cover normal wear and tear. Now I purchased the Powershield, power train only coverage, for a high mileage pick up truck, 149k miles - 5yr/100K coverage, then found out they don't cover normal wear and tear. I had a long discussion with Robert a cliam supervisior about this issue. And after talking with him, my feeling was that I would be fighting every claim I would make with them. Now, since I had not made a claim I was able to get a refund ( I hope to see it).
  • Options
    I was looking at using them but now I have second thoughts. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow. Any other info you can give me to throw back at them would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Let all of us know if you ever get that refund!!!!!
  • Options
    twofurrykidstwofurrykids Member Posts: 7
    Please help me understand all this...are you all saying is really is best to buy a Honda Warranty over Warranty Direct? I am not dumb but my brain is on overload from all this car buying, etc.. and I am so not sure what to do on this one. I pick up my Odyssey at 5 pm - do I offer to have the dealer match Saccucci's 1285 offer for 8/120/0 - is that really what is best?
  • Options
    mitzijmitzij Member Posts: 613
    HondaCare would be better than Warranty Direct.
    Ask for a copy of each contract and read them thoroughly to compare. Before you buy either.
    You're better off saving your money for a rainy day than buying a service contract, but if you must, buy a manufacturer-backed one. Most people who buy service contracts do not see a return of their money, let alone make a profit. If your transmission or engine craps out, you might have 'won' this lottery, but it's still a hassle to get big claims approved and paid. In the case of an engine or trans failure, you'll have to prove you took good care of your car. (keep your records)
    Most people don't even keep their cars long enough to merit buying one.
  • Options
    holly5holly5 Member Posts: 1
    I might agree especially since we bought one for a bargin price an number of years ago called "Warranty Gold". We pay around 600.00 and had over 1300.00 in claims that have yet to be paid because the company that was handling their claims went bankrupt. In short it has been about 3 years and we have yet to see a penny because the lawyers have been so involved. Not sure how to know what a good company is. It may be best to stay with one that has the name of the manufacturer since you are more than likely not to experience what we have. JUST BE SMART AND BEWARE
  • Options
    ceebeeceebee Member Posts: 9
    I checked the Honda Warranty info web site from Bernardi Honda and their definition of "Mechincal Breakdown" does not cover normal wear and tear items, other warranties that are a little expensive do cover wear and tear items.
    Appreciate if anyone can throw some light on this confusion.
    Thanks. :confuse:
  • Options
    What warranties cover wear and tear items????????
  • Options
    BMW factory warranty.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,296
    Actually, the BMW warranty doesn't cover wear and tear items... But, they do include free maintenance for the first 4yr/50K miles... and that plan covers wear and tear items..

If you buy the extended BMW warranty or buy a CPO car with the extended warranty, then that doesn't cover wear and tear items, either.. There is a separate maintenance plan extension that you can purchase and that will cover those items.

An extended warranty that covered normal wear and tear would be hard to find, I think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I agree. It would be very hard to find and probably not a profit maker (especially, brake pads, burned out clutch,etc.) That BMW 4yr./50K on everything is probably the best available (if you can afford a BMW).
  • Options
    I'm quite sure they price it high enough to be a profit maker over the average of all the cars. They know how much scheduled maintenance the car would need during the coverage period and the cost and likelihood of replacing brake pads and clutches and factor that into cost.
    It covers "normal" wear and tear. If someone is abusing the car and burning out the clutch and brakes every few months, I'm sure they have exclusions for that.