Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler PT Cruiser Owners: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• dhmelrosedhmelrose Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this site so I couldn't reply earlier. I've had similar start problems with my '02. I learned that the battery/starter wiring harness is susceptible to corrosion and can cause problems. I put on a new one ($75) and noticed that it was upgraded with connections that were both swedged and soldered--quality that was much improved. This cured my problems for a while. Then the battery got a short in it and acted exactly like yours--lights and clicking but no start. I installed a new "heat handler" battery and noticed that the original battery "thermal wrap" was missing. This $13 factory part must be important to the life of your battery or the Chrysler people wouldn't have wasted the effort and cost in developing a part. I put one and haven't had any more problems after these three "fixes".
  • crkeehncrkeehn Member Posts: 513
    Dinsdale, I hope you have gotten an answer to this by now, but if you haven't.....

I had to check the website to make sure that the Am/FM/CD was still the same radio that I have in my 02 PT. It is.

Balance and Fading are handled by two small rotary switches underneath the volume switch. To adjust the balance or fading, you have to press on the appropriate switch to make sure that it is extended. The normal position for the switch is with it pressed in which disables the switch so you don't accidently change the settings. With the switch sticking out, rotating it will adjust the balance or the fading.

To the right of the balance and fader switches are the tone controls, slider switches to control the bass and the treble. The base sound system is noted for only fair bass response.
  • hojohojo Member Posts: 6
    I put inexpensive Douglas Performance GTs from Wal-Mart on my 2002. The Eagles were worn out by 30,000 miles. The Douglas tires still look brand new with over 10,000 miles (no visible wear) and have far better traction than the Eagles ever did. Plus Wal-mart is good about fixing any problems free or very cheap - good road hazard guarantee.
  • farfel9farfel9 Member Posts: 2
    My 2003 Limited has about 45,000 miles and I am experiencing trouble with it slipping out of gear as I am driving. In the last few days I had heard a "whining" sort of sound that got faster as I accelerated. Then while driving home it would just slip into "neutral" and not engage. It will last about 15-30 seconds and then it kicks in again. It happens at any time. When I try to start from being stopped sometimes it will happen. Not a consistent finding.
    Has anyone had this problem???
    Only two years old and the car is having this major problem? I have it at the dealers right now waiting for Monday morning so they can look at it. I have loved my car but now I'm afraid my bubble will be broken.
  • farfel9farfel9 Member Posts: 2
    I just dropped my 2003 PT Limited off at the dealer because it would slip out of gear while driving and then catch 20-30 seconds later. It did not matter if I was driving or trying to start from a stop. The fluid levels were all fine when I checked them and no engine lights had gone on at all.
    I hope this is not a bad omen.
  • karo51karo51 Member Posts: 2
    My 2002 recently had some body repair done thanks to a deer, it ran down a small hill right into my front passenger door.
    While parked inside the body shop the very same thing happened to the same window. The owner said he thought maybe some fumes built up in it while they were working on the front fender, but it should have blowed outward not inward.
    have not figured out what happened.
  • karo51karo51 Member Posts: 2
    my 2002 has had part of the lights out at one time or another for over a year now. I lost the light behind the gas gauge, then part of the speedometer would not work finally stayed lit except for the 40 to 60 mph range. Then last night the whole instrument cluster lights failed, all I can see is the mileage, and radio. cannot see how much gas i have, how fast i am going, what gear it is in. changed cluster fuse, did not fix. anyone have any suggestions.
  • silverhawk1silverhawk1 Member Posts: 1
    2001 Ltd PT Cruiser has:

Peeling Chrome wheels (obvious manufacturing defect)
    Discolored front & rear bumpers (tape stripes?) (obvious manufacturing defect)
    Rumble sound from rear watts link (obvious manufacturing defect)

Reason enough to not purchase from Daimler Chrysler again.
    Chrysler should guarantee their products integrity.
  • andys2001ptandys2001pt Member Posts: 2
    Hi farfel9:
    Within the past year I had my Transmission Control Module change 4 times in my 2001 PT. The problem was that the trans was going into it's limp mode. This time I am experienceing the same slipping problem as you and the dealer is telling me it's my engine wiring harness, and it will cost $1164.00 to replace it. I'm at a loss if I should believe him. Did you have any work done and if so what did you do and did it help. Any words will help, Thanks.
    Andy2001Pt
  • kidcruiserkidcruiser Member Posts: 3
    Please, someone tell me whats the problem for these three codes P1682, P1684 and P0700. The dealer won't tell me.
  • andys2001ptandys2001pt Member Posts: 2
    kidcruiser:
    There is a website ptcruizer.com which lists most of the error codes for the car. The explainations are in plain text not technical verbage,enough for you to know what the error is, and that is where I got the following answers from. To save you a minute:
    P1682 is a problem with the charging system, check alternator. P1684 is that the battery has been disconnected in the last 50 starts. And P0700 is "The automatic transmission computer or Aisin computer has a problem - ask it what's going on. I don't know. All I know is that the transmission asked me to turn on the MIL (malfunction indicator light)."
    I hope thats some help.

MY problem is that the trans slips out of gear for about 10 seconds then back in and it does this any time it wants and I get error codes P1684 and P0700. I had the TCM replaced 4 time (3 or f under warrenty) and I know the battery wasn't disconnected so the Dealer is now thinking Wiring Harness. Anybody out there that had the same problem? What were your solutions?
    --- Andy2001PT
  • kidcruiserkidcruiser Member Posts: 3
    I had that problem also, I found that the hose from the hose to the EGR valve was burn. The heat from the ezhaust pipe had melted the hose. I replace the hose and the light went out. :)
  • david91304david91304 Member Posts: 2
    I have a very small oil leak on a brand new Pt Cruiser Touring Edition (400miles). They tell me it's leaking from the head gasket and it'll have to be replaced. Do I have any recourse with Chrysler as I'm leasing. I'm conserned I may have residual damage which will show up in later years. Thanks :cry:
  • wshwsh Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2001 PT and had the same problem. Seems the original tires were not the best. Couldn't balance the problem out. Bought a new set of Michlins and have had no problems in 30k miles
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    Since you are leasing, the oil leak should really not be a concern. How long is your lease? You most likely will turn in your car so any long term problems will not be your problem.
  • ann1957ann1957 Member Posts: 1
    Oh yes I was just driving down the road and I had stoped at a stop light and it jumped like I had been hit in the rear and I put it in N and then put it back in Drive and it did finnaly went but I got about 1 or 2 miles and I had to have it towed and the whole tanny had came out .No warning of any kind.I have 58000 miles on my PT I hope this is not going to repeat The warranty is fixing it Thank GOD.
    I do not want to have to pay 1200.00 for a new one.Has anyone had this happen before.
  • ptcruzinptcruzin Member Posts: 1
    I have had to replace my EGR valve four times starting at 9,000 miles and am now going into the shop for my fifth replacement at 102,000 miles. I had the valve covers replaced at 30,000. They say that carbon builds up and causes the valve to plug up. I use Chevron / Shell gas and get an oil change every 3,000 miles. I usually have to put about one quart of oil between oil changes. I have a K & N filter and am getting about 27 mpg. This is my only real complaint. The engine s :( starts idling rough and then the engine light goes on. It takes two trips to the dealer to get fixed since they don't carry this part. Does anyone else have this problem.
  • rwinbergrwinberg Member Posts: 2
    My 2001 Cruiser has a metal rod that connects the interior door handle to the latch mechanism located in the door. The rod is about 20 inches long. On the interior handle is a thin piece of plastic with a 1/4 inch hole drilled through it. The tip of the metal rod slips into this thin piece of platic througth the 1/4 inch hole and when the door handle is pulled then the door opens. Problem is the thin piece of plastic broke when the electric door lock mechanism froze. The dealer says the plastic piece cannot be replaced without replacing the entire $480.00 door panel. Have any of you encounterd this problem? And how did you fix it short of $480 dollars?
  • cseverycsevery Member Posts: 1
    The air conditioning went out in our 2004 PT Cruiser. We took it to the dealer and were told that the warranty doesn't cover repairs. They say we must have hit something(pothole, curb) that pushed the core support back and damaged an air conditioning line and that's what caused our a/c to no longer blow cold air. Is the design so poor that the car sits too low and any pothole can cause this problem? How can you be expected to avoid every single pothole? And because it was an external cause the warranty won't cover it. They're telling me it will be at least $1250 to fix. Anyone else heard of this?
  • lmurphylmurphy Member Posts: 1
    The air conditioning just went out in my 2004 PT Cruiser also. I am told that it is not covered under warrenty either. They said the mileage is too high. Now I am wondering if it is because of a design problem. We have owned four other Chrysler vehicles with well over 100,000 miles and have never had a problem like this with the air conditioning. I was sitting at a stop light and freon started shooting out the hood of the car, the car was surging forward and the a/c went hot. I am looking at a $1700 repair bill and no one can even get parts because they are on backorder. I would be interested in hearing from others regarding the a/c.
  • dkirklanddkirkland Member Posts: 1
    John, I am having problems with my engine not shutting down too. I was told at the dealership that it needed some computer cluster part that runs around $700 for the part, plus labor charges for installation. I did not have the repair done because the problem disappeared for about six months, but has recently started up again. Have you had any luck with your car being repaired? Thank you for sharing.
    Sincerely,
    Debbie
  • kheardkheard Member Posts: 1
    Hi, has anyone had to take their PT Cruiser back because it starts up and then just keeps shutting off. Then yesterday my check engine light came on. I have taken it to my dealer before and I thought it was fixed-then it happened again. I am very, very fustrated. I can drive it. RPM is not working, brake light is on, is not locking automatically, speedometer is not working, check engine light is on. It will start, but shuts right back off-let me know.

Thanks!!
  • ptenvyptenvy Member Posts: 1
    My 2003 has a factory shift knob that has a Chrome button on the top that will not press down thus not allowing me to get out of Park. Does anyone have any suggestions.

It started a while ago, every now and then. And I though it was becuase i removed the knob to install and after market Chrome Skull Shifter with a Chrome knob on the top. Iafter i started having problems i removed it and reinstalled my factory. Now Months later. It will not leave my drive way. I have tried hitting it with the palm of my hand and no luck. I have tried rocking the car back and forth and no luck. Please offer any advice other than taking it to the dealer. The dealer here in Norristown Pa SUCKS! :sick: ">link title
  • noirnoir Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 and off and on engine light issues..had it checked ..did self check and it is on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyone else finding this a big issue?
  • mizmonica6mizmonica6 Member Posts: 2
    Donetha::

Your problem sounds exactly like what we are going thru with our 2002 PT Cruiser. I feel the same way. I am thinking of trading this car in.

In July 05 we took it in because we were having problems starting the car. It would start sometimes and other times it would not. So, we took it in and they said that the battery cables were corroded and that we needed a new battery. So, we got that fixed as well as some maintanece We got the regular oil change and tire rotation, and then we got a tune-up, the battery changes and a 21 point check , and spark plugs changed. The bill came up to over 950 dollars.

So a month goes by (exactly a month!) and I was on my way out all dressed up and I get in the car and turn the key and click click click till the cows come home. So we had it towed in and this time they say that something is wrong with the starter. So, We have that done and pay 375 dollars for that.

Now, less than a month later, I got to the store in the pouring rain a few days ago and come out and get in my car and click, click, click, click till the cows come home. SO, by this time I am pissed off. So, my husband comes and gets me and we leave the car in the parking lot. Next day he calls the mechanic (dealer) and tells him about the problem and we talk to him about how we should have the work done for free because we just were there three weeks ago for the same problem. The guy is like well we will work with you. My thought and as well as my husbands thought because we always think alike. UM, heck no. Work with me. I don't think so. You are going to do this job for free.

So, we are still in the process of getting it fixed but I feel your pain. I guess they make these cars to last until the warranty is up and then they go kirpluckity on us.

Now, ever since we got the car the rear brakes have been squeaky and we have taken it in once and gotten it taken car of and they still squeak. Also, the first time we got all that work done in July he cleaned them and they still squeak. It's stupid :confuse:

Also, did anyone have trouble with their security system. A whole ago ours had a problem with locking it self unexpectedly. We be in the car driving and it would keep locking it self over and over agian. We'd get out the car and not lock it and it would lock it self over and over again. We had to make sure that if we got out the car and left the key in the ignition that we left a window down because the car might lock it self and our keys would be left in a running but locked car.

Then of course our security system just stopped opening the car but we can lock it with the remote. So key entry but remote locking. Don't know what's up with that? :confuse:

I don't know what to do at this point. I want to get a new car and forget about it. I was planning on keeping this car a little while longer especially since my car looks really good. People think I have a new car when it's all wash and clean. The interior look just as good as when we bought it. We have really kept the car up! So, it has a pretty good value when it comes to looks even though we've taken that car for a spin across the US a couple of times.

Ho Hum! :(
  • mizmonica6mizmonica6 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 PT Cruiser and I have almost 69000 miles and am having problems month to month. :mad:
  • qbanqtqbanqt Member Posts: 4
    I have an '02 TE PT and just recently started having problems w/the ignition switch too. At first I thought it was the steering wheel causing it to lock, and then I even tried the valet key, but lately that hasn't worked either. I am guessing there is a problem with the ignition cylinder itself - I am forced to take it to the dealership tomorrow to find out. I will let you know what happened . . .
  • cenglishcenglish Member Posts: 2
    Well I was looking into buying one untill I read all these post about problems you all are having or have had. My wife mentioned this car was what she wanted....I don't think so!

Good luck

Oh, how's the mileage (bad or good?)
    :D
  • midlifechryslrmidlifechryslr Member Posts: 2
    I had similar problems. Warranty expired at 3 years/36,000 miles. At 4 years and 36,633 miles the TCM went out on my 2001 PT Cruiser. Local dealerships told me 1-2 weeks before they could work on car so I took it to a professional mechanic. I contacted Chrysler after the repair but they refused to consider warranty. Four months later at 40,831 miles TCM goes out again! Tried local dealerships again, got the same story. Took back to same mechanic, he was able to get replacement TCM at no charge, but I am still out labor and 1 week in a rental car. He says there are lots of problems with the TCMs and he expects a recall. I again contacted Chrysler, and they again refused any assistance. I am doing everything I can to get a recall initiated on the problem. I filed a NTSHA complaint and have contacted an attorney about possibly starting a class action against Chrysler to force a recall. IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH TCM, PLEASE CONTACT ME.
  • midlifechryslrmidlifechryslr Member Posts: 2
    See my post - message #279.
  • yogi10yogi10 Member Posts: 2
    I had this problem one time. The car had hesitated in starting on several occasions, but only once did it fail to start. After reading somewhere about a poorly deisgned battery to starter cable, I checked it out and sure enough there was a poor connection. This causes the terminal at the starter to get really hot. The message I read was that the person installed a later version of this cable (harness) and the cost was $75. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a 24 inch switch to starter cable and 'piggy-backed' this cable to the existing cable. Total installation time is about 20 minutes. The cost of the cable at Wal-mart was $4.48. I feel sure this has solved the problem. I will follow up this message in about a month to confirm that problem is solved. Oh yes, my car is a 2002 Dream Cruiser with approximately 50K miles.
    This is a follow-up to the message I posted on 9/21 . . . Okay - so I couldn't get the ignition to turn and I thought it was stuck, so I had a tow truck take it to a mechanic, who ran a diagnostic on it and found out that it was the ignition cylinder which had broken. He said that the interior mechanism looked like it was tilted upward as if the weight of the keys or keychain pulling down made the mechanism tilt up and then break. He replaced the cylinder and I haven't had a problem with it since. He did state that the ignition cylinder is apparently not of a very good quality and that any heavy object on the keychain probably caused the interior mechanism to break (which I did have one attachment on the keyring which probably caused it). Hope this helps - ;)
  • terryrterryr Member Posts: 2
    I recently had transmission problems on my 2002 Cruiser. While that was being repaired the Dealer suggested that I have the fuel system serviced. The engine was apparently very 'carboned up' and that this procedure would improve the mileage. I was also told that this procedure should be done to every car at 20K mile intervals. I haven't been able to find this same requirement in the owner's manual. Anyone else had this or a similar situation?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    And by what X-ray machine did the dealer see carbon in the combustion chambers?

Pass.
  • bmw85bmw85 Member Posts: 5
    I am having the same problem and they want 265.00 to fix it. I have 43,000 on my cruiser. Thanks for the tip.
    I have an '02 PT as well - nearing the 59,000 mile mark very soon. I am starting to have a bit of revving or downshifting occuring every now and then - is that the same problem you started to have? Please let me know. Also, how much mileage does your PT have?
  • bmw85bmw85 Member Posts: 5
    I JUST HAD MY LAST RUN IN WITH THE DEALER OVER THIS DANG BATTERY CABLE PROBLEM. WELL AUTOZONE HAS A REPLACEMENT CABLE FOR THE POSITIVE CABLE THAT COSTS $12.50. IT TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR TO FIX. ALL OF THE TIME WAS REMOVING THE BATTERY AND BATTERY HOLDER. I INSTALLED THE CABLE CONNECTED THE SMALL WIRE TO IT AND I WAS DONE. IT SEEMS THE CONNECTER TO THE STARTER CORRODES AND GOES BAD FROM ALL THE HEAT. THE NEW ONE FROM AUTOZONE DOESN'T HAVE AN EXPOSED WIRE TO GO BAD, IT'S ALL ENCLOSED IN THE END PIECE. THE DEALER WANTED $300.00 TO REPLACE THE " WIRE AND HARNESS " THERE IS NO MAGIC HARNESS. ANYONE CAN FIX THIS, IT'S VERY EASY TO DO. ;):)
  • radar4radar4 Member Posts: 4
    Did you ever find a solution to your wobble problem? I have an '05 Touring and experience a similar wobble (in floor, not steering wheel) between 40-45 mph. Dealer changed the right front tire...wobble less, but not gone.
  • tlc5tlc5 Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to ask if anyone else has this problem. I have a2001 PT Cruiser and last Sunday the engine light came on and our temperature guage went up into the red. We parked and it smoked a little. We made it home safely, 90 miles, after letting it cool off. Come to find out the fan assembly is totally messed up. Our fan wouldn't work with the A/C on or off. We're over 83,000 miles and this happened suddenly. I have told the dealer in the past that I thought the A/C needed to be checked. Since I'm female they pooh poohed me as some dumb broad. Well today this very same fan assembly is on a National Back Order according to the mechanic. Over 1000 PT Cruisers need this fan assembly and only 700 odd are available. This smells like a potential recall to me, or it should be one.

Also if your PT Cruiser squeaks as if making a metal on metal grating sound, check to see if it's greased. I complained of the noise to my dealer and they told me when these cars get old they make noises like that. Yeah right. So I didn't mention it the last 2 times. I finally took it to a real mechanic and he said it hadn't been greased. Well it doesn't squeak anymore.

We also turned the car off and pulled the key out of the ignition once, only the engine decided it still wanted to run. It wouldn't turn off for a couple of minutes after hubby jiggled the remote control on the key chain. The key refused to be inserted into the ignition while the engine was running by itself??? Finally the engine turned off and the car shut down and locked itself up... with us still in it. After more jiggling it unlocked itself. this has never happened since. I don't think the dealer mechanics believed me, since they think I'm an idiot.

Maybe I should write up a story about my mishaps, since I am a writer.
  • lbeadlelbeadle Member Posts: 2
    RE: BUMPS.

I HAVE A 2001 WITH 96,000 ON IT, AND A VERY GOOD MECHANIC. I ASKED HIM WHAT TO WILL COME UP NEXT ON THE MAINT. LIST. HE TOLD ME SHOCKS AND STRUTS AND RIGHT ON SCHEDULE AT YOUR MILEAGE THERE IT WAS, SQUEAKS AND MORE BOUNCING. THIS WILL RUN YOU ABOUT 450.00 FOR FRONT AND BACK. RIGHT NOW I AM IGNORING IT AS HE SAID IT WON'T HURT ANYTHING EXCEPT SOME CHUNKING ON MY REAR TIRES, WHICH ARE DUE FOR REPLACEMENT ANYWAY. SINCE I RUN ABOUT 2,000 PER MONTH ON MY CAR MAINT. IS A CONSTANT WITH ME. ALSO YOU WILL NEED AN ALIGNMENT AFTER THE SHOCKS AND STRUTS.
  • lbeadlelbeadle Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 2001 WITH 96,000 MILES. HOW LONG DO I EXPECT IT TO LAST?
    I RUN ABOUT 2,OOO PER MONTH ON IT. WHEN DO TRADE IT IN FOR ANOTHER CAR? REPAIR TO WORTH RATIO ?
  • bkifadebkifade Member Posts: 2
    We've also had problems with the A/C. Had to have two pipes and drier replaced last month. 53K miles, 2003 GT. But we only had to pay a few hundred dollars.

As for being too low to the ground, yup! We're constantly banging the front bumper cover on entering driveways, scraping it on curbs, etc.

Blair
  • bkifadebkifade Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to repair the front bumper cover? The upper ends of the cover attach to the insides of the front fenders by a couple of bolts. Those ends of the cover have broken off (on both fenders). Probably caused by the bottom of the cover banging driveways or scraping curbs. If the cover were made of metal, it'd be easy to weld, but it's made of heavy vinyl.
  • edisto1edisto1 Member Posts: 1
    Did your car just shut down out of the blue and not start? I experienced this problem yesterday and wondering if I have the same cable issue. Car will not start without a jump and can not stay running. Also, what length cable was needed? When I called Autozone they asked what length. They have a 42" in stock.

Thanks for the help.
  • terryrterryr Member Posts: 2
    Our PT is at about 53,000 miles. The transmission problems we had were leaks. One was with a 'cooling hose' & the other was with a solenoid. Both hoses & clamps were replaced as well as the solenoid. The transmission seemed to behave just fine before the repairs & I don't notice any improvement after the repairs. (I believe that the repairs were necessary, though.)
  • brianpkbrianpk Member Posts: 1
    2001 Cruiser Limited with 68,000 miles... Few weeks ago, tranny stopped working, did not even go into "limp" mode, rather it just spit and sputtered and whined very loudly. Changed tranny filter and put in ATF4 fluid and it worked for about 2 weeks, then last night, same thing. All of a sudden, the loud whine and the tranny stops working again. My brother checked and said there's bubbles in the fluid, like the pump is starved and sucking air. Is this serious? Anyone else heard their tranny whine?
  • mdhestermdhester Member Posts: 3
    I had the same problem with my 2001 PT. I took the key out it would still be running. I replaced the igintion switch and still had the problem. It turned out to be a shorted wire behind the passenger airbag that was causing all the problems. I would get in the car first thing in the morning and the ignition would be on without a key in it.
    I also had the transmission go out at 78,000 miles. Now the airbag light stays on all the time. Dealer says airbag needs replacing. This was my first Chrysler and is my last!
  • mdhestermdhester Member Posts: 3
    My 2001 PT did the same thing found a shorted wire behind passenger airbag.
  • pineislandbillpineislandbill Member Posts: 1
    Earlier this Summer, our right front tire kept loosing air with a slow leak. Nothing could be found in the tire. After installing four new tires on our 2002 PT, the slow leak flats persisted. The repair shop tried replacing the valve stem with no improvement. After thoroughly inspecint the rim of the wheel, the tire was put back on and submerged in water. The bubbles indicated the leak came from a small hole in the center of the wheel. Upon further inspection, there was heavy, white and flaky corrosion all inside the body of the wheel -- none on the outside. After replacing the wheel (with a used wheel that was perfect) we unmounted the other three tires and found the same condition. It is assumed the corrosion will eat through and cause leakage on the other tires.

Has anyone else experienced this? The Svc Mgr of the dealer I bought the car from said he had only seen one other incidence of this on a Pacifica.

I've started a case with Chrysler customer service but I'm wondering if this has been a problem for other PT owners. Any comments would be most appreciated. But it appears to be faulty materials as the inside of these wheels have never been exposed to any outside elements. I apparently need to get the condition validated by a dealer before customer service can take it any farther.

Pine island Bill
  • dlaurendlauren Member Posts: 1
    My friend has a 2002 PT Cruiser and the dash lights on the left-most instrument bezel are burned out. How does one get to the bulbs? I thought it would be a simple case of reaching behind the dash, but found that the way the car is designed, that is kind of difficult. In doing some research, it seems as if I have to remove the dashboard. Does anyone know if that is correct, and if so, how do I do it? Is this a job better left to the dealer? I've owned many cars in my life, and replaced many dash bulbs, but this one has me stumped. She (my friend, not the car!) is getting a bit tired of driving without the bezel illuminated, so any advice (and step-by-step instructions if necessary) will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. David
This discussion has been closed.