Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• njspikernjspiker Member Posts: 18
    are there any incentives for 09 TSX in october? please share. thank you! i am in the market for a 09 TSX base model. anyone bought this car recently, can you share your price. i am from NJ. thanks!
  • billh4billh4 Member Posts: 1
    Indianapolis, Hubler Acura, negotiated a base automatic 2009 TSX for $28000 plus tax, no other fees. I don't object to a dealer making some money, after all, I want them there when service is needed. This is a good price, perhaps not great, but I am satisfied. The dealer was motivated to sell, and this price entailed having to get a car from another dealer and we might have done better taking one in their inventory.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Acura sold 1844 TSX's in October compared to about 2280 last October.

A 19% drop. TL sales were up 22% so overall car sales increased a bit year-to-year.
    Sent out 8 e-mails requesting price quotes on a base TSX. Received 5 replies ranging in price from $27,536 to $27,998. One dealer didn't give me a price but said he would beat any deal by $500. Yeah right.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    That is what happens when you request quotes. Sometimes, they are more than willing to help, then sometimes, its like pulling teeth to get any information. Then, as soon as they realize that perhaps I am a slower customer, but just want information to make a good decision, they back way off, basically cut all ties with me. I am a practical person. I have to know the numbers first to know anything about moving forward.
  • jamaicanyouthjamaicanyouth Member Posts: 2
    I found a 2008 manual transmission with navigation TSX with A-Spec package with 1,600 miles on it. It has never been sold from the dealer and it is excellent condition. The Carfax report is clean with maintenance done on schedule. The price is $29000 before tax and processing fee, the dealer will not budge saying that it initially cost $36000 with the A-Spec package and they are taking a hit.

A-Spec includes:

* High performance shocks and springs
    * Lightweight 17-inch alloy wheels
    * Aero kit featuring:
    o Air dam
    o Chin spoiler
    o Side skirts
    o Rear wing spoiler
    * A-SPEC badging

Is this a fair and/or reasonable price?
  • waynetamwaynetam Member Posts: 18
    If the car has never been sold then I wonder where the 1600 miles came from? Customer test drives? Sales taking the car for a spin? I doubt the car was properly broken in if it has 1600 miles on it already. Unless you really like the 2008 style plus the body kid and don't mind the instant depreciation of a 2008 "old" car I would say get a 2009 instead.
  • jamaicanyouthjamaicanyouth Member Posts: 2
    I much prefer the 2008 to the 2009.
  • gab2409gab2409 Member Posts: 20
    what are everyone's thoughts on how much an 08 TSX (certified pre-owned) should go for? my local dealership is asking $25k for them (all have about 9k miles). seeing as the invoice was about $27k, it was owned and driven for a year, and it was the last year of the model design, I think I should have room for some downward movement. what's a good price, exclusive of tax, tag, and fees?

also, does anyone know what acura is charging on loans for certified pre-owned, assuming I have good credit? edmunds shows 5.99% for new 2008 TSX's :sick:
  • brygobrygo Member Posts: 12
    Might want to check out the remaining 08 TL. The base model is going for about $27.5 - 28K and Nav model is about $30K. In addittion, Acura is offering 0.9% financing for up to 36 months and 2.9% for up to 60 months.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That is a rare car and it's up to you if it's worth 29K. That 36K price may be true for sticker but that is very inflated - invoice was probably less than 30K.

The resale prices of 1st gen TSXs seem to have taken a hit recently. 1 yr old '08 with less than 10K miles go for less than $25K and 2-3 yr old ones with less than 25K miles go for under $20K. Unless you really want an A-spec, an 07 with low miles for $20K makes more sense.
  • newcarbuyer10newcarbuyer10 Member Posts: 5
    Hello All,

I purchased 2009 Acura TSX w/o Navigation for my wife yesterday. I have requested quotes using Edmunds from several near-by dealer (in Central Flroida) and accepted an offer from Courtesy Acura, Sanford (Orlando). I negotiated the final deal over phone and picked up the car.

The buying experience was very good and I dealt with Glen Clarke (Internet Sales Manager). I would recommend Courtesy Acura. However, I strongly recommend everyone to finalize the deal via phone/email before entring the dealership.

Purchase details:

MSRP = $29,720
    Invoice = $27,381
    Selling Price = $27,300
    Dealer Fee = $600

Net price before TTL = 27900 (i.e., ~$500 above invoice)

I think I could have save a couple of hundred dollars if I spent more time bargaining, but I was happy with the deal.

BTW, I made my own arrangements for financing and I did NOT trade-in a car. Also, I did NOT get any other accessories.

Lastly, I really appreciate the useful comments from several members of this forum that enable me to estimate a decent buying price for this car. :)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Than I can probably get a pretty good price on the tech package model.

That is the model I want.
  • martin061680martin061680 Member Posts: 7
    $500 over invoice sounds fair to me. It's is a new product to Acura for this year... Back in 2004 when I was buying my TL I paid $500 over sticker just to get one... :)
  • msmith777msmith777 Member Posts: 10
    Shopping for an '09 TSX Base model with Automatic. Been shopping a few dealers and here's what they're offering:

All prices include destination and exclude tax tags

Karen Radley $27,878 + 385 proc
    Pohanka $28,375 +399 proc
    Chevy Chase $27,898 +100 proc
    Radley $27,398 + $385 proc

Is anybody doing much better than this? Are these prices reasonable? Are there any other hidden incentives available? Any idea if it's better to wait for December as I have some flexibility with the timing? Will there be an interest rate offer in December?
    It's unbelieveable how Florida dealers get away with charging such a high doc fee. :mad:
    That Radley quote is right at invoice - you're unlikely to do much better - they usually have the lowest prices in the area. In normal times, the week before xmas is the best time shop for a car but these days who knows. I see the VA dealers' doc fee has crept up - it used to be 299 at most places.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Those high dealer fees really suck!!

The Sandman :mad:
  • petermcpetermc Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to pickup a 09 TSX w/ Tech soon....best offer so far via email is 29.9k, which is about 33 out the door. Anyone think that Acura will offer an financing deals on 2009 models soon? Can't decide if I should go for it now or wait a bit.
    Just got an email that Acura has .09% financing on 2009 models thru 1/5/2009..sweet!
    Think you meant 0.9%
  • xdemonxdemon Member Posts: 2
    Anyone getting good offers since they started the 0.9% financing?
    I wonder if it can be near at invoice nowadays. Anyone got any experience?
    Still getting good offers...Radley in my shopping, Radley is still at Invoice +$400 processing ($27.4 +$400), Norris in Baltimore is at $27.1k + $100 processing and anyone will "meet or beat" any deal in writing...I think times are not easy for these folks even with the 0.9% financing...still waiting for December, though...
    Things must be tough out there - brand new model realesed just 7 mos ago and it's already at invoice or less. Wow. And now special financing. What's next - rebates?

I also noticed Pohanka has a bunch of 08s (loaner fleet?) w/ less than 10K mi for 22,900 - down $2k from a couple of months ago. Seems like resale values dropped a lot on previous gen models.
    Update: I am buying tomorrow morning ; $29,381 for the 2009 tsx w/ tech and .9% financing. Out the door (before extended warranty) is $32,261 in the Bay Area...fyi, I got a call from another dealer that said they would go for $100 less and another that said they couldn't do that deal.
    $29,381? Invoice is $30,224 for a TSX with Tech Package...how hard did you work to get that $800 under invoice?
  • Smacky311Smacky311 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my first Acura. The buying experience was overall superior to my Ford purchase. The salesmen were not pushy and they never called me (though it only took me 4 days from the test drive to the finance department). I purchased my car at David McDavid Acura of plano, TX. It came with a trunk matt, splash guards, and wheel locks. This is not a tech. system car.

Purchase price: 27,250.00 + TTL @ 2.99% over 60 months.
    I used Edmunds and CarDirect to request quotes from 6-7 dealers in the Bay Area. Everyone responded within a few hours with pretty decent quotes. I sent a few replies back stating that I had multiple quotes and I would come sign the papers the next weekend if they could do 29,381....the dealer was super super cool, they even sent me an itemized out the door price that showed all the fee's, tax, etc via email. When I went to sign the papers it took less than 2 hours and the only thing we had to discuss was the extended warranty. The process was surprising easy, although the economy definitely facilitated the deal. I got a quote for an 08 TL at the same price.
  • loveyoursmileloveyoursmile Member Posts: 3
    I am also in the Bay Area and looking for a base TSX 09. Which dealer did you buy from?
    Purchase price (including destination) was $26,200.00 + tax, title and $400 processing. Pohanka in Chantilly, Virginia.
    Redwood City (Hopkins) Acura. It's a smaller dealership, but the price was right and the guy I worked with, Jerry, was really awesome. I didn't drive the car there, but he mentioned they do a 20 mile test drive. Once I worked out the price via email, it was a done deal, no bs.
  • mcginsumcginsu Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

When you have some time, wondering if you could provide the December MF and Residuals for 2009 TSX base model for 15K miles/year, for 36 months. Also, if I decide to go with a 2008 model, how much do you think it might be discounted?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Jackie O
    Who still has new 08s? Considering people are getting 09s under invoice it must a substantial discount (at least another 1k off) to get an 08.
  • andersnlaandersnla Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had a recent buying experience for a loaded 2009 TSX in the Los Angeles area? I live in Chino Hills, and would appreciate any recent purchasing details, as I am looking to buy before the end of the year. Also, how well do you like the new TSX? I am purchasing the car for my daughter, and we are deciding between the TSX and the Altima Coupe, which seems to have a steep discount available. Thanks for any responses.
    Just picked up my TSX, it is awesome...both are good cars, but it's hard to compare...especially since there is ~ 10k price diff
    Woops, didn't realize the Altima gets up there in price for the SE, especially with options.
    December MF and Residuals for 2009 TSX base model for 15K miles/year, for 36 months.

MF is 0.00263, residual is 62%. Same as last month and good until 1/5/09. Considering the standard MF is 0.00290 they are not really giving you much of a break.
  • sandiegodriversandiegodriver Member Posts: 16
    I've read all the threads here and on Acurazine, and it looks like a few people have paid invoice (even under?) with the 0.9% financing. I live in San Diego close to Orange County, meaning I have access to all the LA-OC-SD Acura dealers. I'm interested in hearing from folks down here who can recommend a dealership that is willing to sell at invoice or under. Would really appreciate any insights. I'm looking to do this within the next two weeks. Thanks!
  • CherryTSXCherryTSX Member Posts: 5
    I live in the LA area and have been shopping for a TSX. I price-shopped via email from several dealers, and yes you should get invoice or below. Consumers Guides lists Dealer Holdback at $962 - so 29,250 is the CG rock bottom price, though you will have trouble getting that. I just bought a TSX AT w/Tech at Valencia Acura for $29,700. We were looking for a rare color/interior combo, so we settled there. We got quotes of 28,998 from the Santa Monica dealership, but that might not have included the destination charge. They didn't have the color we wanted, so we moved on.

None of the dealers quoted more than $30,300, so I would not pay anymore than that. We qualified for the .9% financing, but went with the 2.9% for a smaller monthly. The total paid is only about $2000 difference, and we can pay off prinicipal early if we wish.

All in all, these are historic deals, so if you are able to buy and sitting on the fence, now is a great time to buy. BTW, the TSX is one GREAT car.. :-) every bit as good as an IS-250 or BMW, Audi 4, and $4,000 less
    Oops :-)

I meant Consumer Reports, not Consumers Guide. I highly recommend their online price and features guide and reviews. They will list Dealer Holdback and other hidden incentives. Also, when they test a car, it is purchased as a consumer would, so the car company doesn't know they are being reviewed. This avoids any bias from getting a car as PR.

They like Acura's and TSX's & TL's but have not issued recommendations based on the 2009's just yet.
    I wanted to add that we had very pleasant experiences with all of the LA dealerships we went to or spoke with. Valencia, Glendale, Mission Viejo, and Santa Monica all were good to work with and negotiate with. We especially liked Nelson at Glendale Acura, but they didn't have the model and price we wanted. Too bad we can't afford 4 Acuras... :D
  • sandiegodriversandiegodriver Member Posts: 16
    Thanks so much for the info. CherryTSX, did that price ($29,700) include the destination charge? Oh, and what was the color combo you ended up with? Again, thanks for the info!
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    How on god's green earth did you get $600 under invoice? (I'm taking into account the $400 junk fee)
    We got the Basque Red with Black Interior. It's a dark cherry red and very very nice looking. There were only 3 of this trim in all of SoCal (now only 2, I suspect) The 29,700 did include destination I believe. The $28,998 price from another dealership may not have. We paid that price, plus tax, plus doc fees, and got the extended warranty at $1500 ($1000 off sticker for the warranty, i think)
    I asked for quotes on the internet, and got lots of competive bids. Almost all were no higher than $30,300, which is right at invoice.

We came in ready to buy, and I'd start with a low-ball bid, just to see if there was any hidden dealer cash to make the sale. We'd then bid upwards using the lowest price quote from a printed email (this is important).

Even though this is a rare trim, everyone was very eager to sell a car. We were all alone at the dealerships we visited, with only 1 or so other sets of people at the most. This was on Saturdays and Sundays.... wow.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    to pay $1500 for an extended warranty on a Honda (calm down, I've got a TSX myself), the vast majority of it is pure profit, and the store did just fine, overall.

Our family routinely drives Hondas into the 200K (one pushing 300K) mile range without undue repairs, just routine maintenance (bought used, yet).

You did great on the deal, right up until the F&I guy got hold of you.

Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. I've got a red one too, (last year's, before the beak) with a manual transmission -- it was a hard one to find and had to be brought in from CO, so I got not such a good deal. However, I didn't give the F&I guy one red cent.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • bradmc1997bradmc1997 Member Posts: 12
    Can you tell me who you dealt with David McDavid? I am in the process of buying a 2009 base TSX here in Dallas. Did the $27,250 you paid include the destination charge and dealer add-ons you reference?

Thanks.
    scott31, I got it on the last day of the month (December 1st). I am not sure how the accounting month works for car dealers, but the phone ran off the hook that day from the Acura dealers and Honda dealers that knew I was serious to purchase. Basically, I threw out a figure and committed to the sale and they bit on the deal. Note that all of these figures include destination.

The pricing was as follows:

$26,200 (including destination) vs. $27,398 (invoice) - $1200 UNDER invoice
    $400 processing fee
    $10 online state registration filing fee
    3% Virginia tax - $800
    Other state licensing, registration stuff about $100

$27,500 on the road and out the door and I got my pick of any TSX they had in stock. Good thing, because I didn't even know which color I wanted. Note this wasn't a dealer demo or damaged in transit as I picked which car I wanted after the deal was done. Extras that they included in the deal include wheel locks, rubber mats, and of course the free oil change.

Earlier in the day, Radley also accepted my "offer" to pay $26,200, but Pohanka ended up being closer. I financed the deal as well for the 0.9% financing from American Honda and the salesperson told me that they get like a $200 kickback for sourcing the financing customer.
    :)
    Anyone, please let me know if you want salesperson details for this deal.
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Yes, please let me know who you dealt with.