Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bree54bree54 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a 2004 Cadillac SRX. This Vehicle has a MSRP of $41,135.00. The dealership if offering this vehicle to me for $34,811.00 plus tax title & doc fee. Is this a good deal?
  • jefe1jefe1 Member Posts: 1
    I am also ready to buy a 2005srx.. I'm assuming you got that quote on a v8. Did you go for the magnetic ride control? Know anything about it? I'm wondering if it is worth the expense because you have to buy a lot of other stuff that is packaged with it. Good luck with your purchase
                                Tom
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    I got to believe Cadillac will come out with their usual FALL DISCOUNTS on remaining 04's even though, they already offered an unusual and aggressive incentive campaign a few months ago. The SRX are NOT selling well. So expect some MAJOR incentives ($5K, at least) in the NEAR future here.
  • counselor1counselor1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a '04 Caddy SRX AWD V8 that is loaded with every available option. It is a dealer demo and has approx 5,500 miles on it.
    What kind of a discount can/should I expect on this vehicle? I think it must sticker for over 61K and invoices at approx 56K.
    Thanks for any help you have to give.
  • edfrededfred Member Posts: 4
    I checked the Caddy web site and discovered 0% on '05 SRX's.
  • hyacinthhyacinth Member Posts: 2
    A dealership in the Bay Area, CA is advertising 10k off MSRP (includes dealer incentives and customer rebates) plus 0% financing for up to 60 months for all remaining 2004 SRX V8s. Seems like a pretty good deal--any thoughts?
  • buddhabmanbuddhabman Member Posts: 252
    As a demo that should knock the depreciation cost right off the top (7-9K). Then there are the current discounts, I have seen 5-10K in advertisements in So. Cal. I would say 45-46K tops.
  • darknight1darknight1 Member Posts: 13
    Greetings,

A dealer here in St. Louis has a new 2004 V8 AWD w/ ultraview and the navigation package. Shows MSRP @ $57,235 and has offered $46,127. That a good deal?
  • wyattwyatt Member Posts: 18
    A nearby dealer has offered $37,800 on a fully loaded V8. This car has the luxury performance package. Can anyone offer feedback as to whether or not this is a fair price?

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Well, if you look at the message just above yours, another member was offered ~$47K for what sounds like a similar model. Your price is $10K lower, which seems like a great deal.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Smart Shopper & Future Vehicles discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Sticker $54,105. My cost (including the $1,500 loyalty rebate) is $38,211. Any comments?
  • tomvtomv Member Posts: 10
    Sticker 04 SRX V-8 $56,855. Demo w/ 6400 miles. My cost if I choose is $39203 incl $1500 loyalty. So it sounds comparable.

My understanding is that $10k was given to dealers for each V8 SRX after Jan 3rd. Anybody know what was provided for remaining V6 SRXs. I am guessing somewhere around $5-6k but I haven't gotten a solid answer yet.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom, where did you hear about htis $10K "kicker" incentive on the 04' V-8 SRX's? NOT that I doubt it, becasue there are many of the above mentioned on dealers lots still.
  • tmacguytmacguy Member Posts: 37
    I am buying an SRX, will be at the dealer showroom Saturday to finalize. I am so confused which one should I take, a 2005 V6 RWD or 2004 V8 AWD. I would have loved ot take a RWD V8, but this option is not availabel at all.

Both cars are brand new and similarly equiped (includeng the ultra view roof, StabilitTrack and Magna ride), the 2004 has the rear DVD player In addition. $42,600 for the V8 and 44,200 for the 05 V6. But the 04 model is offered with 3% financing compared to 7% for the '05. ('05 V8 not available here yet and not for some months)

I have test driven both, and the V6 felt softer and more responsive, Is this due to the RWD being more nimble than the AWD? Another surprise was the instant fuel consumption of the V6 was reading 11 L/100 km at 60 Mi cruise, while the V8 read 9 L/100 km at the same cruise speed???

Finally does any one had, or expects a problem with the AWD system. I am really concedrned that AWD drive won't age niceliy say at 100,000 mi, while the RWD will age much better.

Any one knows of horror storied concerning the AWD system.

I have 2003 CTS and I love it.

Thanks
  • tomvtomv Member Posts: 10
    A couple dealers told me.

Sorry for the delay,

Tom
  • platinumsrxplatinumsrx Member Posts: 2
    I just got a RWD V8 2004, with sunroof and bose premium sound. Everything else I think was standard. Oh yes, I get the electric folding third row seat (didn't really want that but maybe the dog will be happy in it). Paid $36k plus Tax and License. No additional dealer prep, advertising, floor plan, or delivery, etc.

I think this was a good price but I maybe could have gotten another thousand off. Anyone do better/worse/same?

My build date was 1/04 so I had them put a new battery in, replace the engine oil, and do the three recalls (seats, suspension, and stearing).
  • platinumsrxplatinumsrx Member Posts: 2
    My SRX is great, no manufacturing flaws that I can find. Everything works great. However, I do have a slight steering vibration characteristic of tires out of balance. Could this be from the car being parked for a year in the dealers lot? It was a 2004 with a 1/04 build date and only 2 miles on it. So maybe the tires are flat-spotted.

Can anyone advise me?
    Sure there's a good chance the tires are flat-spotted. You'd be too if you sat for that extended period unmoved. Dealers are ALWAYS moving their inventory around for selling purposes however, so maybe your vibration is NOT tire related. What was the sticker on your vehicle? THANKS.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Please continue this discussion in the main Cadillac SRX discussion. This discussion is for Prices Paid & Buying Experiences only.

Thanks!
  • austinstiguyaustinstiguy Member Posts: 13
    stock # 2661314

V8, RWD, black/black with 2K miles for 34K

I consider carmax the bench mark for used car pricing and i think that is a great deal. too bad i am not planning on buying one for a nother six months.
  • tmacguytmacguy Member Posts: 37
    Got the 2004 V8, AWD, Rear seat DVD system, 3rd row seat, ultra sun roof. Price is $42K (includes about $3000 for customs tax, and shipping), actual price $39,000. The car is new with 6 mi on the odo.

The dealer was excellent. Sent me alone with my wife for the prepurchase test drive, I returned it after an hour, and no complains.

Love, it, really nice. built 3/04. Were there any recalls???
  • pandboypandboy Member Posts: 28
    I saw local dealer has two used 2004 SRX V6 priced at $27900 with base equipment 3k miles. Is this a good deal?
    GM Announces New Incentive Program Intended to Help Clear Vehicles Off Dealers' Lots
    DETROIT March 9, 2005; Dee-Ann Durbin writing for the AP reported that General Motors Corp. announced a new round of consumer incentives Thursday intended to help clear slow-selling vehicles off dealers' lots this month.

GM will give cash bonuses of between $500 and $1,500 for vehicles that have been in dealer inventories for at least 125 days, GM spokeswoman Deborah Silverman said. Most of those vehicles will be eligible for $1,000 bonuses, but Cadillacs will be eligible for $1,500. Cadillac sales were strong at the end of 2004 but fell 3.3 percent last month, according to Autodata Corp.

The "March Madness" promotion is similar to a red tag sale GM held in December. GM's sales fell 7 percent overall that month, but the bonuses helped sales of individual brands like Chevrolet and Cadillac. Cadillac sales rose 19 percent in December, helping the luxury brand achieve its best sales year since 1990.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    SRX poor resale values here. THis is such a good car, why would they have high inventories. Whats going on here?

P.S. if i was in the market, i would look at a 2004 AWD v8 SRX with all the options except meybe 3rd row seat for 40K. Is that possible?
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    Just purchased an 04 SRX with Ultraview, 3rd row, Bose, Lumbar, AWD, 11K miles for $32,900. It also has DVD navigation. Reasonable? Buyer's remorse? Build 04/04.
    04' NEW SRX V-8 AWD. Sticker $52,490. My cost, after the March Madness "kicker," $34,400. Blue/natural color. These vehicles are NOT selling, hence, GREAT deals like the above mentioned are available.
    I think the V8's have 10k plus the March Madness and the V6's have 5K. I really didn't want the 8.
  • douglas2douglas2 Member Posts: 1
    We're in South Florida looking for a great deal on a 2004. Where are you guys finding these deals. We may ship one in
    You can check ebay if you are willing to do preowned. You can go to Cadillac.com and search inventory by zip code. We just purchased a V6 and I am pleased so far. The new V8 have a bigger incentive.
    TRY "PASTING" THE WHOLE LINK BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT. THEY'RE CURRENTLY ASKING $35,121 FOR THIS NEW SRX 04'VEHICLE. http://www.gmbuypower.com/nvlWindowSticker.bp?make=Cadillac&zip=60416&noType=0&sellingSour- ce=12&subModel=V8&makeId=006&model=SRX&dPath=PRDP&subModelId=202&year=2004&BAC=113231.0&mo- delId=055&pvc=531&styleId=V8 1SB&style=V8 1SB&cabSize=&boxSize=&driveType=&wheelBase=&cabSizeId=&boxSizeId=&driveTypeId=&wheelBaseId- =&VIN=1GYDE63A140138706&nextVin=&previousVin=&currPosition=0&iPi=4&fPi=4&BAC=113231.0&vehM- oduleDesc=SRX V8
  • timd3timd3 Member Posts: 2
    GM has a current promotion to existing GM owners to pay 1st 3 monthly payments (up to $3,000) when purchase is financed through GMAC. Per terms and conditions SRX is an eligible model.

GMAC is also offering 0% financing for 2005 SRX on a 36 month loan in the Northeast.

Before engaging dealers I was curious if anyone knew whether these offers are deemed mutually exclusive. Nothing in terms and conditions to indicate that they are exclusive of each other, but there is the ubiquitous "See your GM dealer for details" phrase contained in the terms and conditions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    '05 SRX (assume V6).. service loaners..

$299/mo. for only 24 months.. $2595 due at signing..

About $400/mo. total for only a 24 month lease.. Not too bad for a car that MSRPs for well over $30K, even if it is used.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Has anybody bit on the new lease programs?
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • ops1ops1 Member Posts: 25
    I am trying to get an idea as to a fair price for a 2005 SRX V6 AWD with the 7 passenger value package (I need the 3rd row) - I live in Connecticut.

Edmunds MSRP is $49,550
    Edmunds Invoice is $45,098
    Edmunds TMV is $43,639

There is a $1,000 rebate and $1,000 marketing support on the car right now.

One dealer offered the car to me at $42,000 (plus tax and tags). This seems nowhere near the end of 2004/beginning of 2005 prices discussed above. Have I not shopped it enough yet?
    Am I the only person considering buying this car? Has anyone gotten recent pricing information for a new 2005?
  • thinking2thinking2 Member Posts: 25
    I'm with you. With the new GMS pricing, right now it looks like the deals in May ($2000 in rebates and low financing) were better. I'm waiting to see how the rest of this month goes and also what happens next month. I'm hoping that they will throw some rebates out on top of the GMS pricing. I saw in a newspaper article that at the end of May SRX inventories were around 120+ days, which is huge. So sooner or later they will have to lower prices to clear inventories for the 2006 models.
    I thought $42K for a V6 AWD with the 7 pass value pkg was too rich. The GMS pricing does not change the deal all that much (I would be buying the car as opposed to lease or smartbuy). I will probably wait another couple of months to see what happens to prices. I think at the end of the day the SRX won't be for me primarily due to pricing - what I really want is a stripped AWD V6 with seating for 7, but due to the packaging I need to get the luxury package (nice goodies, but poor value for the money) and the 7 pass package (again, nice stuff, but insanely high option pricing).
  • slim63slim63 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked mine up this week 52000 including tax title ... all options; v8 7 passenger nav dvd black on black. Could not be happier so far
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Have you been trying to buy a GM vehicle with the employee discount, but have had trouble finding the model you want in stock at a dealership? If so, please send your name, daytime phone number and city/state of residence to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 29, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• serpentserpent Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up an 06 Black exterior on cashmere interior v8 SRX with Nav, 3rd row, Ultraview sunroof, AWD, Rear DVD & adjustable pedals.

Invoice was $51.2k
    I got it for 48k + 2.9% financing. This is in Seattle area & excludes tax & title.
  • lexusctlexusct Member Posts: 6
    Just went to the Caddy web site and they list an SRX lease for $389/mo for 39month with 10k miles and $3079 due at signing... Does that sound like a good deal?

I am interested in 15k miles and was wondering lease payments for these terms were???
  • prankstakid10prankstakid10 Member Posts: 2
    I baught an 04' SRX soon afetr it was introduced in 2004. The sticker price was over 52k. it had a V8, 3rd row seat, and XM radio.

its over 900 a month purchase over 60 months
  • prankstakid10prankstakid10 Member Posts: 2
    i have to say that is best of its class to us compared to the mercedes BMW porsche and lexus

great ride excellent power it could step up the interior luxury though
  • jobeejobee Member Posts: 1
    I just got quoted $1000 below invoice for the 06 SRX V6 here in Northern California. What kind of deals are you seeing out there? Does anyone know of dealer incentives or marketing support that I can use to drive the price lower?
  • tazmwltazmwl Member Posts: 3
    just paid $30k for a 2004 CPO with 21k miles, AWD w/V8, didn't include dvd, navigation, or magnetic ride. Seemed like it was priced right.
  • elmer3elmer3 Member Posts: 20
    How can you determine the MACO fee in a given area without seeing the invoice ?????? Can anyone help me ?? Thanks ELMER
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    MACO is a BMW term... It is the advertising fee on a BMW dealer's invoice...

Not really applicable to Cadillac, though they may have their own advertising fees...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jdpwrjdpwr Member Posts: 2
    I really wanted to buy the SRX, but opted for a comparably priced car (with higher consumer satisfaction ratings, though that was not a motivator for me).

Two things Cadillac could do to make me look next time.

First, drop the complexity. When buying a car for $40K-48k+, do people really want to "choose" a list of "package"d amenities similarly priced cars just include (sun roof, a 3rd row seat, AWD, heated seats, univeral home remote, etc, etc, etc)? Who has time for this?

Second, information is power, so use it to your advantage. Most people buying a luxury vehicle are armed with all the info they need to know they're getting a good deal. Even after informing every dealer I spoke to (4 in all) that I was only going to buy a car from a person/dealer who did not waste my time, I still got the usual (or should I say, "dated") run around. Unfortunately for Cadillac, it's not hard to find dealers of other car brands who understand this.

Too bad for such a great American brand.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    I think the option packages on the SRX are OK. It's biggest competitor, the RX350, doesn't have AWD, sunroof, heated seats, or a 3rd row seat as standard equipment.