Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    The internet guys at Hiley Mazda in Hurst, TX offered $1100 off MSRP when I got my 3i Touring with ABS/SAB/SAC pkg a couple months ago. It ended up being about $20 below invoice, according to Edmunds. I can't remember the total OTD price, I'll try to look that up for you. I know I've posted it here previously, perhaps a quick search will find it again.
  • unkownuserunkownuser Member Posts: 23
    I disagree that Out the Door prices is the best comparison between vehicles. That's because it will vary across taxing jurisdictions within a state. Additionally, it can vary depending upon how the store manages to figure in any trade-in (ie, either more allowed for trade-in, or less marked down from sales price).

The most meaningful basis for comparison would be for all costs less tax. Not less tax and title, just less tax, since 'title' fees are also subject to fluffing up.

Only in this way can we validly compare drive-off costs across states and counties, including those with no tax at all.
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75
    You are right - I meant OTD price in the same state. In practice, however, it is a little hard to get the price of the car excluding only the tax - true OTD price is the next best practical option.

On the other hand, trade-in should be a separate transaction, negotiated separately from the car purchase (OTD) price.

For example, I paid $16976 OTD for 2008 Mazda3i Touring 5sp ABS, cargo net, wheel locks (MSRP $17375) in NC. The OTD price includes 3%NC tax, title,registration, $444 dealer doc fee (high, but the overall price of the car was reasonable, so I did not negotiate).

From that price, they subtracted $100 for my 96 Protege with broken engine and 201 K Miles on it.
  • breizhjedibreizhjedi Member Posts: 2
    I have been quoted $18449 +TTL for a Mazda3 Touring 2007 (MSRP 21040).

Do you think I can get them to lower the price even further?

Thanks
    The price does not sound too bad. You can buy 2008 cars at or slightly below invoice, at least in NC.

Since your would-be is a 2007, they give you ~1500 off invoice price. What are their prices for similarly equipped 2008 models? I am trying to understand by how much they are discounting the car for it being 2007.
  • breizhjedibreizhjedi Member Posts: 2
    I don't know how they price their 2008 models. On Edmunds the invoice price is 19610 before the 750 dollars dealer cash. 18860 is the invoice price after rebate. So I guess I am getting 300 dollars off the invoice price. There is no other fees added.

My guess is I can get the car for 18000 but I don't know if trying to get more would be pushing my luck...
    They must be desperate to get rid of last year's leftover, and so trying to get them to lower the price does not seem unreasonable.

As it is, you do not seem to be getting any discount for it being 2007. If I were you I would get a 2008 or get them to drop the price further for the 2007. If they say no, I guarantee that you will survive the rejection :). Good luck.
  • tblair2tblair2 Member Posts: 2
    2008 Mazda3 sport hatchback auto white. (+200 for the paint alone) Is 17,950 plus ca tt&l (add another 10%) Or 17,750 for any other color. Thats 650 under "S" plan. Since there are no rebates going on right now just the 1.9apr. I think thats bottom pricing. Anyone doing better?
  • sachinicksachinick Member Posts: 2
    I just bought this car for 16800. 500 under invoice. 2008 3i touring automatic with ABS package and 1.9% financing in RI. They seem to be willing to negotiate as first week of Jan. after holidays they were slow and advertising and promoting 1.9% finance. Car is great and runs very well.
  • sachinicksachinick Member Posts: 2
    16K for i touring manual is good price provided it includes destination charge.

I paid 16800 for same car automatic with side airbag and ABS option and few other small allweather mats and cargo net option. This price included destination and I also financed for 1.9 % two weeks ago.

Good luck!

P.S. RI tax, title and registartion not included in the price. Approx. 1500 additional for that.
  • tblair2tblair2 Member Posts: 2
    http://autos.aol.com/cars-Mazda-Mazda3-2008/options-summary?pageType=prcsht&
    Total 1500 cash back on aol autos. I just saw this anyone else see anything about it?
  • vsowmy76vsowmy76 Member Posts: 1
    I have got Out To Door quote of $17650 for 2008 Galaxy gray Mazda3 i Touring automatic transmission with 1AB (ABS/Airbag etc ) and 1MC (Moonroof/6 CD Changer) with Free windows tint from one of the local dealer in Houston, Texas.

Planning to purchase this weekend. Not sure if the dealer will honor the price that was assured.

I have finance from our local bank. Planning to check dealer finance rating as well.
  • emelz3emelz3 Member Posts: 2
    I finally bought my mazda3 w/6cd and ABS packages for 17288.

Shouldve waited a little longer since another dealer emailed me back a price of 16,999 for the same package, but I was itching to drive it off and the dealer i bought from had the one i wanted on the lot when i got there.

I got the 4.9% apr finance from the dealer.

Overall though im happy w/ the purchase! :)
  • pro5mohpro5moh Member Posts: 29
    I am planning on closing on the Speed 3 GT Model - Wanted to see if i could get some info on how others are doing on the prices recently.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    I am planning on closing on the Speed 3 GT Model - Wanted to see if i could get some info on how others are doing on the prices recently.

It varies depending on the region, dealer, and inventory. I paid sticker but the dealer (Kings in Cincinnati) didn't charge me for having the MS3 I wanted flatbedded from another dealer 300 miles away. I also get free oil changes every 5K for as long as I own the car. The local dealer(Oxmoor in Louisville KY) had tacked on a ridiculous ADM AND wouldn't allow a test drive without a signed purchase order. Morons.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• cthkarcthkar Member Posts: 1
    Hi emelz3,

Thanks for your helpful post. I'm looking at the same model and wondering where is the location you got that deal? Thanks.
  • jcbarryjcbarry Member Posts: 4
    Bought a brand new Silver 2008 M3 Touring Hatchback with leather, 6CD/Moonroof package. Before all the taxes, doc fees, coffees, etc it came to $20187. I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get into the GT for the price point I was trying to hit (~$250 a month).

Outside of a few features I would have liked to have, I'm really happy with the car. :D
  • prof31prof31 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 silver Mazda3 sport hatchback auto for 17369 plus GA TTL. A cargo net and auxilliary cable were thrown in as well. I got the 4.9 % APR on financing. This was the 31st of January so the dealer in Atlanta had a special ($2500 off MSRP) which led to this price. I think it worked out well. They also have a regular $200 off MSRP going on right now (Roswell). Good luck with your purchase!
  • samduhmansamduhman Member Posts: 9
    I can't swing the cost for a new one so started looking at used. Im very suprised to see (online) the cost for used Mazda3s only a little bit less than brand new ones. Im talking about 2005s with 15,000 to 30,000 miles on them. How negotiable are these "internet" prices?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    As the consumer, I understand that isn't the ideal situation. But for us Mazda3 owners and as proof of the car's quality and value, strong resale is a very good thing!

I shopped around for a used '04 or '05, but learned rather quickly that the MZ3 has Honda-like resale values. I actually ended up buying an '06 new for less than most of the used ones I'd considered. I had to be a little flexible (originally wanted a sedan with sunroof, but ended up buying a 5-door without sunroof), but I'm glad I did.

I would strongly suggest that you at least get a few quotes on a few new ones. I know the dealership by my office has several '07s left, so there are some still around. I looked at one when I dropped mine off for service last week and it was $2300 off MSRP for an s 5-door Sport- $16,495. If you're really trying to keep the price down, try to find an i Sport 4-door. You could probably snag one for under $14k.

Good luck.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • chubby6chubby6 Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody live in the SF Bay Area? What's the rock bottom OTD price so far? Can someone give me some advice?
  • bettebbetteb Member Posts: 11
    Buy mine. Please. I hate the damn thing. High insurance, rotten dealership, tires from hell, lousy driving position, squeals, humming, lousy heat, lousy AC
    Can't wait to get rid of it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Well... if you are trying to sell your car.. you aren't much of a salesperson... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• katsmeow5katsmeow5 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to figure out where to go to get the best price on a Mazda 3 Grand Touring. If anyone could give me some suggested places that would help me considerably. Thank You. :)
    You're absolutely correct. I'm not a lying, cheating, arrogant, pushy, obnoxious, mysoginistic piece or crud.
    Perhaps you could give me some lessons?
    Or I could just hang around Partyka Mazda in Hamden, CT and soak up all their goodness.
    I'm more than willing to take a big hit in depreciation for a 2008 model that scores so well with former Kia buyers.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Perhaps you could give me some lessons?

Could I recommend a nice cheese to compliment your whine?

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• scruffysscruffys Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking at a Mazda 3 touring hatchback, but wanted to see if anyone is getting a good price here in Indianapolis, IN on them.
    You only need buy half a cheese. It will COMPLEMENT your wit nicely.
  • frankchen009frankchen009 Member Posts: 8
    The price for all these stuff is about 16,238 before tax, document fee and title, etc. Is this good?
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    Buy mine ... Can't wait to get rid of it

How old is your Mazda3? How many miles? Has it been involved in any accidents?
  • atuloatulo Member Posts: 1
    In South Florida, yesterday I just bought the same car as the one you are looking for with the price 15000. My OTD 17000 = car + tax 6%+ fee + new tag.

Learning from this forum about $2500 coupon, I think that amount is a hidden incentive. I could not find any Mazda incentive or rebate. The dealer, where I bought my car, is advertising 15000 for Mazda3 i Touring.

Carsdirect.com quoted 17300 for car before tax 6%+ fee + new tag. It seems the invoice of 18185 MSRP.
    Wow, that is a big price difference. However, I already get the car. I am in a small town in central Illinois.
  • travis64travis64 Member Posts: 12
    I got a offer for a 08 I touring with abs black for 17250..some sites I see invocie is 1625 but they told me invoice with des fee was 17250 for them..are they telling the truth?and how do I get a 2500 rebate?please let me know thanks.
    I have no idea about the 2500 rebate? I am qualified for the Mazda S-plan and the price is lower than the invoice price.
    What is the best site to find invoice..cars.com don't seem to be to good.anyone think I can get a better deal then 17250?

And anyone know when the new 08 colors come out
  • rach_in_warach_in_wa Member Posts: 10
    How much lower is S plan that invoice? The 2 dealers in OKC area have said the S-plan is invoice. I have a PIN and am contemplating vehicles at this time. Don't want to be screwed. Thanks.
    how do u get a s plan?
  • trekker56trekker56 Member Posts: 1
    A VW Passat 2.0T owner I needed to get a 2nd commuter car so went for a vanilla Mazda 3 i Sport 2.0L Manual with

- Air conditioning
    - ABS package
    - Black Mica

$13454 + TT for $14.2K out the door. Good deal?

Trekker
  • clanolearclanolear Member Posts: 5
    I was given a price of 19,995 plus 240 doc fees (gotta love them).
    Doesn't include reg and taxes, but sounds like a good deal for a 2008 grand touring with the bose/moon package.

I am still debating between 3 and civic, but has anyone gotten a deal better than this?

Seems like a good deal to me. Any thoughts?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The car you describe stickers for about $22k, so the quote of $20k sounds like a pretty good deal. In my area (Atlanta) they don't discount GT models very much (if any). I also noticed that Mazda is offering special APRs- 1.9% for 36 months or 4.9% for 60 months.

Two years ago, I was in the same situation- trying to decide between the Mazda3 and Civic. After driving them back to back, the Mazda3 won me over. The handling and power (over the Civic EX) were a big factor. Originally, I was only considering the sedan, but I ended up going with the 5-door and haven't regretted that choice one bit.

The Civic Si Sedan hadn't been introduced yet when I was shopping in 12/05. It's the only Civic that compares with the driving dynamics of the MZ3. If leather is important to you, you can't get an Si with it....just an EX with those dorky 16-inch wheels.

You can't really go wrong with either car. I've owned nine other cars prior to the Mazda and they were all Hondas (including two Acuras). All great cars, but Hondas just aren't much fun to drive anymore.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • calguitarcalguitar Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

This is my first post in the forum. I'm planning to purchase a new 2008 Mazda3 Hatchback Sport S with Manual transmission in Crystal White. The best price I have so far is from a dealer who told me (email) that they would beat $19,000 Out-the-Door (which was a price I got from another dealer). The car is the base model but comes with two accessories: back bumper guard ($50 value??) and wheel locks ($50 value??). i understand that whites cost about $200 more usually. Please let me know what you guys think of the price and also any advice with purchasing this car (haggle more?, ask for accessories??, etc).

Also we're financing it 60months and 4.9%APR.

Thank you in advance.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    OTD prices aren't very descriptive..to evaluate your deal.

What is the sticker price?

What are the taxes? ($100-$1700 depending on state)

What are all fees? (dealer doc and prep, title etc.)

If other sources (banks, credit unions etc) can match or beat 4.9 percent that isn't worth much from mazda.

good luck
    --jjf
    I got a offer of 2008 I touring 2.0 auto for 17250 before taxes...I'm going to wait till they get a I touring value stormy blue.what do you think a fair offer is?1700?thanks
  • rag326rag326 Member Posts: 1
    Two days ago, I bought the car you first described in black, with the optional abs package. My out-the-door price was $16,896, and I had a trade in, so I ended up paying 400 less. I don't have the price breakdown in front of me this very second but I can post that later. I don't know where in the country you're located, but anyone near Lakeland, FL should absolutely check out Lakeland Automall. Ask for Reggie McNeal. He truly played no games and was incredibly fair. Aside from that, I was fielding offers all day and may or may not have been able to get an even better deal than that, but after dealing with Toyota for two months and getting the run around, I ended up in a position where I absolutely needed to buy because my car was all but dead--so I made a decision and drove to Lakeland. DEFINITELY get quotes via the internet, and CALL THEM after the initial quotes, let them know you have better offers, ask if they can beat the others, and request a copy of a purchase order or price breakdown. They'll e-mail you in minutes and you can get the lowest price quickly this way. Good luck!
  • gordonwdgordonwd Member Posts: 337
    Our 2008.5 5-door GT was built on Feb. 14. Anyone have an idea how long it will take to get to our dealership in the Detroit area?
  • novadernovader Member Posts: 3
    Went to a dealership where I spotted a used '07 (w/ warranty) Mazda3 s Sport Auto with 4000 miles on it, listed for $19,995, only extras on it was a moonroof. I am wondering what I should come at them with for a price. Reading this forum I've seen two guidelines I could go by, being 1) $1500 off the '08 invoice and 2) 15-20% more than the kbb value of an '06.

Seeing what others have gotten for their '08s i was considering low $16,000s, but is this much too low of an offer? I feel insecure, this being my first solo car-buying experience and $4000 seems like a large jump. So, what is it that you think? Also, I saw an ad for an '07, all the same except 7500 miles on it and no moonroof for $15,998. Should I check into that and use it as leverage?

All comment are very much so appreicate, especially since I am on a major time crunch and need to purchase something by this weekend.
  • clanolearclanolear Member Posts: 5
    Red Mazda 3 S, Grand Touring with manual tran.
    Price minus registration and taxes was 20,300
    Comes with Bose/CD/moon, wheel locks and all weather mats. Think msrp is 21,965.

I am very happy with the price and with the overall purchasing process at the dealership on route 9 in Shrewsbury, MA - I won't mention names since I am not sure if I can do that here, but will review the dealership on this site separately. Very easy transaction - no push for add-ons. Overall very satisfied.

Decided over the Civic for a few reasons (some minor, but....)
    1) More fun to drive (hope mgp is still acceptable)
    2) minor - better overall visibility - hard to back Civic up (and I back into garage so I want to see if kids or dog are back there)
    3) Steering wheel on Civic only had two spokes (is that the word) and it just didn't feel as comfy as I'm not a 3 and 9 hands driver.
    4) Better options

I still think that the Civic is a good car - not bashing it at all. Just preferred the 3.

Good luck to all.
  • pciskowskipciskowski Member Posts: 155
    I can get a "new" 07 Speed3 S with no options (which is what I want) for $21K. Is this a good deal?
  • chrisnegliachrisneglia Member Posts: 3
    Black Mica, tried to get my wife to go for the Aurora Blue, but its her car tho I get stuck with another black vehicle upkeep (have a black Tacoma)

Water under the bridge now no matter good deal or not.

3.9% for 60 months
    stick...finally last time I had a stick was 1995!
    moon roof package
    pin stripe (may take off)
    stupid [non-permissible content removed] paint prep
    mats
    2 free oil changes....who hoo...should have asked for 12..lol.

Price with destination charge $17264.32