Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - How Much Did You Pay? II

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    CHEAPSKATE!!!!! haha i had to say it sorry. Id do anything also to get that rebate. I received 4 $500 coupons all in my name and my dad received 3. I dont know why so many were sent to us maybe a mistake. They went to waste this time but hopefully they will again be issued within the next few months. 18 days till order goes in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
  • dmr3dmr3 Member Posts: 119
    GM called today to tell me the truck had been built on Feb 16 (TPW 2/14, ordered 12/27 or 29, I'd have to look), and had been shipped. Said my dealer has the VIN number and I can get the $500 off. Called the salesman (he called me back from home) and he said it just came, and we'll wait til the 29th, and if the truck isn't there, we'll proceed as if it was. He only had the MSRP at home, and said it looks like they charged for the 4th door, and not for the rear slider (oh oh, bet I didn't get it..nuts, I would have gotten the defroster if I knew..which would have held up the order, so I guess I wouldn't have LOL!). He'll call me from work tomorrow, after he talks with Chevy to see if they will subtract the price of the 4th door, since they have a guarantee price thingy..I'll pay it if not, since I wanted it anyway!
    Doris
  • daguerredaguerre Member Posts: 2
    Hi Doris,

Do you know where your truck was assembled? Mine was to be Ft.Wayne, IN.
    My TPW was same as yours and I also ordered the rear slider. I guess I would be happy to trade a slider for a 4 door, but it would be nice to be able to have a choice in some things as the defroster!
    Keep us posted.
    Ken
  • nyalnyal Member Posts: 17
    Congrats on the truck. I know you have been waiting for some time. My truck didn't have a slider either but the dealer was able to have one installed using genuine GM parts. Looks good, no leaks.
    My truck was built in Pontiac. E Michigan. I had called last Friday (the 18th) and I wasn't told that the truck was built..just that it was due to be that week. Just found out yesterday that it had been.I'm betting that you will also get the 4th door, since they told me last week that's all they are building.
    The excitment is building in this house..we also have an appointment for Friday to order the 30 foot Holiday. Thanks to lots of hints on this and the trailer board on bargaining, we were able to get the dealer we wanted to come down to 75% of MSRP (which was $2400 less than his "lowest" original price"(he still wasn't the cheapest, but we felt a place we would want to do business with), which is good for a Holiday.
    Nyal, do you have a price for your slider? Was it the same as GM wanted, and did you feel it was as good?How long have you had it?
    Still need help deciding on drop in liner, versus the spongier type liner..if I get the spngier type, I won't be able to use the boards in the bed to seperate the load.
    But with the spongier (i think you mean spray in bed liner) the load wont slide unless you hit the gas and take off at a stop light and drive like a maniac. You said your getting a cap right? A drop in is probably the way to go then because water wont get under the liner as easily with the cap on. My reason for the spray in is because it wont be garaged (not big enough) and the rain and snow will get into the bed (im not big on caps on full size trucks) and it will prevent rusting unlike a drop in because when water gets under the liner it will rust. Spray in liners are all close to $400 i dont know what drop ins cost.

Congrats on your truck being built hope all goes well. Keep us updated on how it is ok. Thanks

Ryan
  • cblowrycblowry Member Posts: 4
    The options I ordered on my truck are ext cab, fourth door, 4.8l v-8, auto, deep tinted glass, cd player, fog lamps.
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    ......detail are you? Is that a 1500/2500? shortbed/longbed? 2WD/4WD? It sounds like a base model 1500 shortbed 2WD with the 4.8L engine option & the few other options mentioned?

Ray T.
    In reply to your comment in the silverado post: Come on they arent just going to ship your truck alone on a semi they have to fill up the whole truck first. They dont ship em one at a time they ship em in bulk to save $$$ even though shipping is expensive ($665). Hang in there itll come soon. Where was your built? And where is it going to? If its built in fort wayne indiana and going to the midwest or west maybe ill see it passing on the highway here ill keep my eyes open for truck sightings on carriers.

Ryan
    ryan wrote: But with the spongier (i think you mean spray in bed liner)
    -------------------
    no, not the spray in..its like a carpet with felt, but yet is suppose to be alright in if it gets wet. ..saw it at the trailer show this week..it's pricier than the drop in, but seems very nice, and several people were ordering it. Those gathered around the display did not have nice things to say about the spray in..didn't seem to think it protected (those who had had that before). What you do lose with this "carpet" is the ability to use those cut outs for 2 X 4's to separate the cargo, which the drop in ones come formed with.You said water is less likely to get under the drop in liner with a cap on..hmm..does water get in under the cap? If so, maybe I need to be looking at something else..the idea of getting a cap for me, was to protect the stuff inside.
  • cblowrycblowry Member Posts: 4
    It is a 1500 silverado, 2wd, ls trim package. Don't need all the bells and whistles, just a nice dependable truck
    Just spoke to salesman, he's checking status, that mean's I might here something today. He says they have had 3 tractor trailer deliveries today already & mine wasn't on any of them !*#^%@ the deliveries come via Pontiac East Michigan Assembly Plant to holding yard in New Jersey to the dealership in Danbury, Conneticut about an hour from my home.

Doris: Never had any leaks in my cap other than when gaskets on windows started drying out from age (13 years). The cap was on my 88 ext. cab from the day I bought it(11/97) just like this new truck will have. If cap is properly installed you will not have any leaks to worry about, just a nice dry truck bed to keep things in. Over the years the sun did fade the color a lot however.

Ray T.
    Our salesman called..said since we were only paying invoice, we do have to pay the invoice for the 4th door, they just weren't willing to eat it...said the base price went up. He suggested I call Chevy and see if they would lower the price to the contract price. Chevy says the contract is for a truck..and they were not able to deliver it with 3 doors, so we don't have to buy (and the contract had no VIN number)..yeah, fat chance, I'm not letting this one go!! We get $1300 off with GM dollars, and the $500 loyalty, and I would've ordered the 4th door if I could have anyway..hubby is off to sign the papers tonight. So, even if I could fight this..I'm not. I'm thrilled it has 4 doors, so I'm willing to pay for them. Dealer is really going out of his way to make sure we get the $500, since the truck isn't even here yet.
  • dannygdannyg Member Posts: 131
    Anyone out there buy a V6 Silverado regular-cab? How much did you pay? Off the lot or special-order?

I'm not looking for a fancy truck, just a upgrade from my V6 Ford Ranger. Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
  • nyalnyal Member Posts: 17
    The sliding window I got as part of an add they ran in the Times Union a couple of Sundays back so I don't have pricing on it. I looked over the slider and compared to others in the lot and they are identical.

I looked over spray in liners as compared to drop in liners adn opted to get the drop in. Every truck I have owned has had a drop in and I have never had any issues of rusting in the bed and I have pulled them out to inspect. Although things slide around more with the drop in a lot of folks put the rubber mat in as well. This makes it easier on the knees.

My last two pickups had caps on them. One of them started to leak a little after a couple of years where it met with the bed of the truck. I think this may have been to having an over the rail liner which caused some shifting of the foam used to mount the cap. A properly mounted cap will not leak at all. When my second cap did leak I just took it off and resealed it back on. You can get the tape to do this at any trailer shop.

I picked up my truck on 2/14. I have to say that this is the finest truck Chevy has put out yet. I really loved the Blazer that I traded for this but the Silverado seems more owner friendly for lack of better terms. The 6.0 engine is incredible. The truck runs like a dream and is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned
    nyal wrote: The sliding window I got as part of an add they ran in the Times Union a couple of Sundays back so I don't have pricing on it.
    -----------------
    so was it a special? It came free with your truck purchase or what?
    I think we will go with the drop in and put a rug on top. Thanks for all the info.
    I have experiance with the bed rugs. I work in a lumber yard and if you want to push something to the middle or back of the bed and you have a cap it sucks. Its a pain in the Butt (i edited for the younger audience) YOu have to climb in to put things close to the front of the truck. If you plan on putting lots of stuff id go drop in its alot easier.

Ryan
  • ww00650ww00650 Member Posts: 47
    DMR wrote:
    >What you do lose with this "carpet" is the >ability to use those cut outs for 2 X 4's to >separate the cargo, which the drop in ones come >formed with.

Perhaps if you buy a cheaper rug. I have the BEDRUG and a cap. With the bedrug you do not lose the seperator grooves. Also, the tie-down loops welded to the bed are useable as well. A 1 inch cut with a razor blade at the exact position allows the tie-down loops to push through and does not affect the fit of the bedrug at all. In fact if you didn't make the cut, the bedrug would not really fit properly. With a drop in, you will either lose the loops, or have big cut-outs around them. You may be able to get plugs, but I don't like either option.
    - It's true that it can be a bit of a pain to get some stuff to the front of the bed, but it all depends on what you do, and how you'll use it.
    Everything comes down to personal preference.
    Thats what i was talking about its a pain if you have to push stuff to the front if you dont load alot of stuff into the bed its no big deal but when you start loading it can get to be a headache trust me enough people come to Menards (like a home depot but bigger here) with the bed rugs and we run the other way cause its a pain to load things.

Ryan
    DMR wrote:
    >What you do lose with this "carpet" is the >ability to use those cut outs for 2 X 4's to >separate the cargo, which the drop in ones come >formed with.

Perhaps if you buy a cheaper rug. I have the BEDRUG and a cap. With the bedrug you do not lose the seperator grooves. Also, the tie-down loops welded to the bed are useable as well. A 1 inch cut with a razor blade at the exact position allows the tie-down loops to push through and does not affect the fit of the bedrug at all. In fact if you didn't make the cut, the bedrug would not really fit properly. With a drop in, you will either lose the loops, or have big cut-outs around them. You may be able to get plugs, but I don't like either option.
    - It's true that it can be a bit of a pain to get some stuff to the front of the bed, but it all depends on what you do, and how you'll use it.
    Everything comes down to personal preference.
    I know I didn't hit the post button twice!
    last night with the paperwork??? I am wondering exactly what it was you did to get the discount applied prior to receiving truck???
    Let me know I may have to do the same if the dealer will cooperate.

Ray T.
  • skiddo1skiddo1 Member Posts: 9
    Has anybody bought an extended warranty from the Dealer for their Silverado?
    I dont believe its worth it if anything major is gonna go wrong itll go worng while under warranty. Also you can buy it later down the road before your regular 6 yr whatever it is i dont know offhand expires. All it really is is more money for the dealership and they like that they will tell you to do it but why most major malfunctions happen under warranty.

Ryan
    IF YOU FOLLOW ANY OF MY OTHER POSTS YOU'LL SEE MY ELATION!!!! I know Ryan I'm SHOUTING. Must be the adrenalin rush.

Doris: It came in without the rear slider. But I can get after market for same price.

Skiddo: Extended Warranties are a rip off. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! My opinion!
    Ray: Congrats!!! Guess you don't have to prepay like we did after all!

Skidoo: We did decide to go to the extended coverage..based on using it for both our Suburban and our Toyota..both, one for a transmission,heater motor, carburator and gaskets (Sub), and electrical problems in the Toyota, that got expensive real fast along with some other covered stuff. None of the problems showed up til year 4, since we don't put lots of miles on our vehicles (87 Sub has 79K (and is for sale), and the 92 Toy has 70K)It was found money, and I like the insurance. We only got it becasue of the $500 loyalty..wouldn't have paid the $1200 it regularly is.
    CONGRATS!!!!! i am happy for the both of you. Hopefully ill be joining you soon order goes in 2 wks from saturday.

Ryan
  • rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    As I said, FANTASTIC, as you said "drinks on the house"..I'll drink to that (both)....
    image.. Oh tomorrow, but the waiting is over. Have a nice day Ray..

Roger.
    This is what I meant to say..

Roger.
  • rdve80rdve80 Member Posts: 139
    Roger,
    Saw your post #364 on topic #771. Since I live in Austin (Spicewood), I know where Hornsby Bend is. When was the last time that you were back here?

I have been following all of the posts here and other topics, but not posting myself. Got my 4dr. LS 1500 on 2/2. No vibration, wind noise or other problems, doors close easily, great truck. I only have 350 mi. so far due to 1) have '91 Isuzu PU for daily driver and 2) adding aftermarket items.

Here's my list a) Lund Interceptor bug shield, b) CatchAll floor mats front and rear c) genuine GM mud flaps with Chevy bowtie (all from R&D Truck which only carries new body style GM items). d) polyurea spray in lining (no price adder for Gray that is a real close match to Pewter), e) DrawTite 5th wheel hitch, f) I installed the DrawTite 5500 brake controller inside the CD storage compartment (it doesn't mess up the dash when not in use, but is very convenient when needed), g) 41gal aluminum fuel/tool combo (still waiting on installation kit next week), and finally h) just ordered a Fold-A-Cover hard bed cover. Sometime later will add a 12 disc CD changer.

I will put many miles on this truck when I retire.

Larry
    We moved to Idaho in 1948, been here ever since. We lived in Graham, TX. for 3 years after WWII. We visited Hornsby's Bend once when I lived down there. I spent many, many summers in Graham. Sorry for being off subject slightly, but glad to answer questions.

I see that you have a Drawtite Hitch and 5500 Controller. I have a 5500 as well, just love it.
    Intresting place to put the controller, and a good idea. I will be getting a new GMC one of these days, so I know where to look for mounting places. Also have to buy a kwik slide hitch, probably a Drawtite as well.

Have a nice day image.

Roger
  • 2000ryan2000ryan Member Posts: 47
    How do you like the Lund bugsheild? Did you have to drill to install or use the factory mounting holes? any mirror vibration? also, did you get the molded or regular flat type of splash guards? Also, are the GM or after market? how do you like them, are the functional?
    thanks!
  • lefanlefan Member Posts: 2
    Hidy, everyone here seems to know what there talking about. I'm in the market for a 1500 LS 4x4, not a z71, extended cab, fog lamps, bucket seats, and tow package. I looked up the invoice price somewhere and it said 21,180 something, suggested MSRP of 24,800, the MSRP at the Irvine dealership I went to tonight listed them around 28,000. Whats a fair price, what are these $500 coupons I read about in some of your postings. Anyone from Oregon, heard there is no tax on car sales, true?
  • paynerpayner Member Posts: 31
    I ordered a 4wd ext cab 2/8 just got the tpw for 3/13 can anyone tell me when I can expect to see this truck at the dealer?
    LS,Aut tran, 5.3, HD Susp, P265s, Buckets, CD/Cass, Tint Glass, Trailer Pack,Alum wheels,Auto Track,Fog lights,Electrochromic Mirror,Sliding Rear Window(Did not go through though may let dealer put it in?)Thats about it I think, price without Tax ... $27714 with a MSRP of $31363.
    If anyone wants to know where I ordered this just let me know.
    1500 or 2500?????? Sounds like a 1500.

Have a nice day..image

Roger
    $500 coupon is for previous gm owners and expires tuesday GM sends them to you if you owned a gm vehicle from 88 - present so if u arent buying in the next couple of days you wont be able to get it.

Ryan
    OOPS sorry , its a 1500 4X4
  • nargnarg Member Posts: 112
    I just bought a 2000 LS with 5.3, Buckets, CD+Cass, Auto, Locking Diff, beautiful indigo blue metalic with med grey interior. Paid invoice at 24,100. Listed at 26,900. Bought it off the dealer lot, also got the $500 loyalty (think I shoulda got the 60K 5 year warrenty instead) Anyway, also got 12,100 trade in on a beat up 96 C1500 Silverado with similar setup (5.0, auto, buckets, cass) Gotta love Chevy's for there equity possiblities, if for nothin' else!
    Ryan,
    The Lund uses the factory square holes. No noise so far, but don't yet know above 55mph. Separation between shield and hood allows for cleaning the hood w/o removal, but even that is easy with just 5 screws. The mud flaps are contoured and came in a "GM Accessories" box. They are exactly like ones shown in the GM catalog and mount using existing holes in the fenders. They cost $35 per pair from R&D. They look good, but because of the contour, they may collect mud on the inside rather than let most of it fall off as quickly as possible. Don't know for sure, they will probably be ok for me, but may not be good if you get in real mud frequently.

Larry
  • tucsonjwttucsonjwt Member Posts: 265
    I bought my V6 regular cab on GMS, which won't apply to you unless you are related to a GM employee. That price was about $700 below invoice.
    I would suggest that you check Carpoint and CarOrder to see what invoice would be on your truck, optioned as you would like. You can probably get one near the invoice price. V6s are not popular, so you might have a hard time finding one in stock. In my town, there is a commercial Chevy truck lot that sells only V6s, so you might try a dealer who sells to commercial customers. With gas prices going up, V6s may become more popular (but I sure don't want to discuss gas mileage after my experience with the V8 posters on the gas mileage topic.)
    I would suggest that you consider the GMC Sierra, since it has a standard center armrest on the base pickup, and the Silverado does not. I bought an armrest at Pep Boys for my Silverado, but I would prefer the stock armrest.
    My options were automatic, air conditioning, cloth interior, power door locks, long bed. I had an aftermarket remote keyless entry/anti-theft installed for $150.00. CarOrder shows this vehicle at $16,099 invoice, CarOrder price $17,615, both prices including a $1000 rebate, the last time checked. I have had no vibration problems or any other problems. I have about 1600 miles on the truck, purchased last Thanksgiving.
    So far, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned, but I would go with the Sierra if I purchased one again. Good luck.
    I ordered a 1500 4wd ext cab 2/8 just got the tpw for
    3/13 can anyone tell me when I can expect to see
    this truck at the dealer?
    LS,Aut tran, 5.3, HD Susp, P265s, Buckets,
    CD/Cass, Tint Glass, Trailer Pack,Alum wheels,Auto
    Track,Fog lights,Electrochromic Mirror,Sliding Rear
    Window(Did not go through though may let dealer
    put it in?)Thats about it I think, price without
    Tax ... $27714 with a MSRP of $31363. This is 250 over invoice.
    If anyone wants to know where I ordered this just
    let me know.
  • dannygdannyg Member Posts: 131
    Thanks for the detailed response! I wouldn't mind a V6 5sp (for 17/23 MPG), but I guess that will be VERY hard to find. Carsdirect.com lists this truck for about $500 over invoice. Silverados are popular! I'm not in a rush, so I'm going to wait a while to see if a $1000 discount pops up for the V6s. If so, I'll probably do it. A short-box regular-cab V6 5sp 4x2 Silverado for around $13.5K (assuming $1K off current carsdirect price) sounds good to me!

Dan
  • lefanlefan Member Posts: 2
    Hey, that down the line listing of expenses is what really helps out. How can I get a GM buy power card, that 2,100 discount you listed.

Also for anyone who knows, are the auto trac active transfer and lockin differential standard on the 4x4 or options worth getting. I dont plan on hauling a whole lot, until I get a boat years in the future, is the 3.42 Differential to big a compromise for mileage than having the 3.73?
    Go to www.kbb.com and you can see the optional equipment and price on any truck that you want.
    I personally think the 3.73 is all around kind. Got it if you need it and I don't think gas mileage is that much different. But that is my personal opinion.

Have a nice day image

Roger
    combo city/highway driving 14.4 mpg. 2500, 5.3L, 2WD Ext. Cab Shortbox.

Hey Roger, Ryan, Doris...I Love It!

Just added ventvisor, Plasticolor Chevy Logo 12"x18" Mud Flaps (rear only) & 100w Zexon Plasma high beams.
    Rear Slider & cap going on this week.
    Borla Split Side for exhaust mod next. I like to hear what I drive but nothing so loud you can't think.

RDVE: Did you get a specific Lund Interceptor? I bought that & the only way to mount was by drilling 6 fresh holes in hood lip (not on my NEW truck) brought it back. I don't want anything that I have to drill to mount.
    Ray,
    I ordered mine thru R&D truck which only handles items for the new body style GM pickup's and SUV's. Go to www.truckautoaccessories.com/rd/ and check it out.

Larry
  • fireftr1fireftr1 Member Posts: 1
    Currently own a 92 Izusu Rodeo. Looking to purchase 2000 Silverado 2WD Ext Cab Short Bed 4800 V8,LS Model 4dr. Only extra needs are rear Window Slider.(Can I get defroster with that?)A/C
    automatic transmission,possibly side windows tinted and possibly a hard tunneau cover (locking)

I've been researching different websites,autobuy.com and a few others. Few times I have gotten quotes that are no more than 2000 under MSRP. I think this is herrendous. Read on this website those who have gotten quotes 500 over invoice. Would like to hear from anyone who can help. I live in the Central NJ area and searching within this area. Any and All comments and suggestions will be acceptable.
    No rear defogger with slider and if you order it might be awhile they arent making them with sliders ive heard.

Go to http://www.gmbuypower.com

search for dealers in your area and email them and ask them for quotes they should reply it works nice

Ryan
  • abberaabbera Member Posts: 24
    Go to either KBB.com or Edmunds.com and get invoice for the exact vehicle you want. They may be slightly different but in the same ballpark. Print those out and go to your local dealer and tell him you are ready to order a truck and want to get quote on "over invoice". Ask for the Fleet manager, not the first salesmen that greets you at the curb! You might have to try several dealers in the area. It helps if you have done business with them before and explain you would like to again if they can give you reasonable price. I got "Best" quotes of $1000 over at same places you apparently tried (including through my credit union car store), but when I went to local dealer, they quoted $650 over and I placed my order. Mine was on a 2500 which are harder to deal on, a 1500 should be easier. The age old rule of supply and demand comes in to play here. GOOD LUCK!
  • grizzly1grizzly1 Member Posts: 111
    How do like living in Jackson? Have you been there long? Gets a little cold there I hear.

Gary-
This discussion has been closed.