Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• java2kingjava2king Member Posts: 7
    Dealer finally gets 6 on the lot, with 3 presold, including mine.

I paid MSRP less 500 with the tech pkg, black with wheat interior.

I had a trade-in, and received little over KBB dealer pricing on the trade. They beat the Acura and Lexus dealers on the trade-in by 2K!!

The whole deal took 15 min to put together, and by the time we were done, all 6 trucks on the lot were sold. The supply is weak, so demand remains strong.

BTW, I asked for a few accessories to be thrown in as well.
  • emagniemagni Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    I paid MSRP less $750 plus discount on the financing rate to 3.15% for 72 months. Dealer gave tint, wheel locks, and two years free oil changes and tire rotation. Black on black with tech, deluxe and theatre and this SUV is limited in supply or has already been bespoken for. Saw a few on the lot but not that many and the count was less than what was posted on their website.
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    Great deal on a fabulous vehicle. Same as mine except mine has bench 2nd row seats. I have 7k miles on mine, maybe the tops for a new one in this forum?

This vehicle far exceeds my expectations. Drives like a luxury car not a truck like my 2008 did, which I still really liked just not near as much as the 2011. No issues at all to report. I love all the features, the looks, the handling is great as well. I drove it in the Mountains in NM on vacation and it handles in this mountain twisties like a sports car. I simply love this vehicle and am glad to own one,. Maybe my favorite of the 12 Infiniti's I have owned over the past 17 years. Great job Infiniti
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Only thing Infiniti has going on is special rates.

up to 66 months is 2.9%
    up to 72 months is 3.9%

Infiniti offered up another small allocation of vehicles they already got to the US to dealers who were short of QX's, everyone was short so the ones who sold the most got the most - we got just over 20 - the vehicles should get to the dealerships at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec. Because the directed shipped most QXs a few weeks ago, what is on the ground is what dealers will have until this next batch hits in late Nov. So, go look now - if you wait a couple weeks there won't be any to choose from.

We sold 116 total vehicles (3rd in the Nation) of those 38 were QX's (I assume the most in the Nation but have yet to see the breakdown). We consistantly sold them from MSRP to $500 off, sometimes throwing in mats or tint. So, if you are getting better deals than that you should feel good about it. I think the price will start to come down at the first of the year, many buyers buy big SUVs for tax write-offs at the end of the year - so if you holding out for a bargain - expect around March. :)
  • lastchance2lastchance2 Member Posts: 5
    Car finally arrived after waiting for 2 months and it was well worth the wait. Deluxe touring models seem to be pretty scarce in Florida, so I had to wait for one the dealer had on order. Black with graphite, awd deluxe. Every option minus tech and I paid $66,900. That price was $3500 off msrp. Infiniti has since raised the price and same options now sticker for $72,115, thats a $1700 increase on msrp. I'm glad I bought when I did. Even though it is still a lot of money, I felt it was a value when compared to competition. Traded in a 09 Denali and the 2 vehicles don't even compare.
  • tw69tw69 Member Posts: 4
    So I have been dealing with Sewell who refuses to budge on pricing form MSRP. A dealer in Georgia offered me an approximate discount of $3700 off MSRP on an undelivered Touring Edition 2011. THe Sewell saleman basically said I was a fool and was about to be scammed. During our banter, which I believe has brainwashed this salesman, he said no Sewell employee is allowed to post anything on the internet re: Infiniti cars. If that is true, then SewellGSM is very bogus. So taking anything he says with a grain of dsalt or a valium.
    Yea, almost all of the dealers in the south (from Texas to Louisiana) has been pretty tough on their price point for deluxe models but can you blame them?...It's been pretty tough for some of these dealers when infiniti overall was down 30% from prior periods earlier in the year.
    LOL - congrats on your deal. Please read my past post - I'm not "banned" from anything. BTW, we've started to see some minor discounting here in Texas as well (not $3700) but some chinks in the MSRP armor.

Remember, I can only tell you what I see and hear - if a Georgia dealer is having trouble selling them and needs to discount it in order to do so - that is their business.

We led the country in QX sales last month and have a bigger demand in Texas (10 dealers whom all did well in QX sales) - don't shoot the messenger.

PS Look at my post on FX or EX or G sedan - prices paid on those in Texas are as agressive as anywhere in the country.

I'm not Bogus.... :D I'm the real deal!
    How rare is the 2011 Infiniti QX56 with all three packages from a non-preorder standpoint? (theatre, deluxe and tech)
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    I got mine in early August with all three option packages and with a 2nd row bench seat as well. Black on black so just the car I wanted but I had to wait on it to be delivered for about a month after finding it in process in early July. Love this vehicle. It is great...have nearly 8k miles now
    Sewell, thanks for pointing that out since now that I read my prior post that it is incorrect that way I worded it. Meant to say that I obtained 3.15% for 72 months through a loan from my bank.

Regarding the "...chinks in the MSRP armor"; the chinks are $2200 off QX with theatre package for some dealers operating in "Sewell" surrounding areas. QX56 with deluxe and/or tech seems to be where the MSRP armor is currently on for the moment.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I would use the edmunds dealer inventory to check the number of QX56 available. One is more likely to receive a deal based on a vehicle that is currently on a dealers lot. I have a 2008 QX56 with 22K still like a new vehicle. To obtain a new QX56 2011, I would trade my current model in for 41-42K. The 2011 model I would pay 55-57K depending on options in the vehicle.
    You will have to sell your 08 QX yourself to get anywhere near that amount.
    I bought a 2010 QX at the auction last week for just under $43...so 09 are bringing in the mid/high 30's...so your 08 will trade for around 33k or so (+2k if 4wd).

You can have an independent appraiser give you a buy bid on it - like Car Max.

Again, retailing it yourself will bring you the most money, but you better ask about $37k or so or your phone will not ring. :(
    Yes, the Tec pkg are super rare due to constraints at the factory.

I've started to hear rumors of dealers discounting so I hate to admit it but the supply is starting to catch up - when that happens the dealers start to battle each other for the business and the discounts begin...we've started discounting the QX $50 for every day the vehicle has sat on the lot. Not too many lasting 10 days, but if someone is willing to wait they can wait and hope for a bigger discount, but with all the shoppers - if they wait too long someone else may snag it.

PS I put in a 40 day max, but we only have one demo with the coach of SMU football team that has made it that long.... :)
  • dominiquea1dominiquea1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to buy and Infinity QX 56 2011 (Delux) CASH in full, but they want go down on it at all...Does anyone have any IDEA's on what I should ask the salesman are should I go right over his head. :confuse: :confuse:
    What city are you in?
    Go on different infiniti dealers web sites and look at there inventory of QX56. The more vehicles noted, I believe the better the deal. Most dealers need to move the inventory especially in the first 3 months after receiving the vehicle. A dealer gets to keep more of the dealer holdback.
  • matsolmatsol Member Posts: 8
    Got a 4WD QX with theater package in the first week of october for a little more than $4000 off the MSRP; with shipping it out of state and half way around the country, I still saved more than $3000 than the dealer closest to me.

The truck is phenomenal; quality and is the best of all large luxury SUV's out there. Just a few things that I have noted. The 22 inch wheels are great if you live in a place with good roads but the ride is a little stiffer than the base model.

The deals are certainly out there if you look around
  • suvhunter3suvhunter3 Member Posts: 1
    Any ideas on when the VPP deals be available for QX56'11. I contacted Infiniti they asked to check back after Jan 3rd. They are expecting more inventory with dealers in couple months.
  • jamrock66jamrock66 Member Posts: 3
    in which state do u live? what is the name of the dealer you used?
  • endlessdealsendlessdeals Member Posts: 1
    The inventory in Louisiana is hitting the showroom floor then gone in less than a week or they are pre-ordered. Got a 4WD Dark Currant/Wheat - Deluxe, Technology and Theater packages in route for December the other three have deposits.
    :)
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Hmm. New Orleans dealer has about 5 in stock.
    Not only on QX but all vehicles. Due to the weak US dollar vs the Yen, Infiniti has decided they are raising the prices on all Infinitis an average of 2% (each model will be a bit different) - if the vehicle is current in stock, there will be no change. But as soon as it is official all units inbound and ordered going forward will have the new prices in place. So, if you are shopping now, may want to look at what is on the ground - if you have one on order - you are okay too, those will be price protected. This still stinks. :(
    Any black friday deals on 2011 QX56? Since we on the topic of pricing I might as well throw out that question. LOL
  • cuibapcuibap Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2010
    I just picked up one yesterday for 30% off of MSRP but I had to wait from 3am till the dealer is open around 9am :) They even have other models on sale for like BOGOF or BOGO half. LOL

just kidding :)
    There was a long line and only the first four people got QX56 bracelets for the doorbuster price of 50% off. LOL
  • drleedrlee Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my 2011 qx56 about $5300 off MSRP. Graphite/graphite. 2WD with theater package. A local dealership's GM accused me of lying when I told him an offer from another dealership. I had to drive 3.5 hrs to pick it up but it was worth it. I LOVED the drive back home.
  • chan1023chan1023 Member Posts: 3
    I have decided to purchase a QX, and hopefully this December. What kind of deal should I reasonably expect? Prices paid according to this forum are all over the map. I am hoping to buy a 4WD w/ Theater. Can I get this vehicle for 60K? Less? More? Any help is much appreciated. I am in NY by the way.
    Check out www.truecar.com if you have not yet.
    Wow. No I had not seen this before...very helpful. Thanks.
    edited November 2010
    This tool varies in results since as demand increase and supply decrease the negotiating power shifts between dealers and customers will adjust accordingly. For example, when I purchase my QX56 with deluxe, theatre and tech with black on black, the negotiating factor was very limited for me however, in terms of a QX56 with just the theatre package, the price authority would probably side with the customers since there are more on the dealer’s lot for you to wheel and deal. I also wish the tool would reflect if some of these purchases were made by dealer’s employees vs. normal customers. Even though there are no VPP on this car yet, I would expect that there are price discount for emloyees by the dealers. Also, there are cars that are purchase by wholesalers with existing relationships so I don't know if these sales are also in the population being presented in the tool.
    These are all very good points. It also looks as though my local dealer does not participate or is not represented. At the very least it gives me some research to support the position behind the price I am willing to pay. I am hoping that by the middle of the month I'll find someone in the greater northeast that is willing to give me a great deal!
  • infinitivppinfinitivpp Member Posts: 4
    Dr. Lee,

Congrats on your new QX56 and the amazing deal you received. What part of the country are you in? I would love make a 3 hour drive to get a QX56 close to invoice.

Thanks!
    We ended up selling 29 QX56 in Nov (lead the country). Most sold at MSRP up to $500 off for previous customers...a few days into the month we set a discount of $50 per day the vehicle had been at the store, most sold before they were 10 days old, but a couple lasted a little longer and therefore customers got a tad better deal. We are in Texas, so demand is strong here.

As for December, Infiniti still has 2.9% for up to 66 months and 3.9% for 72 months. Plus, the lease residuals are very strong.

I think the prices will hold in December, many companies buy heavy vehicles for tax write offs and the QX qualifies, supply should start to catch up towards the first of the year. :)
  • drleedrlee Member Posts: 2
    I talked to 5 dealerships before driving down to Atlanta. I live in Nashville, TN and the dealership I bought it from is Roswell Infiniti.
    edited December 2010
    Congrats on a beautiful car and a fabulous price! Atlanta has one of the highest unemployment and foreclosure rates so I'm sure this has an overall adverse affect on some of the dealers located in that area. I wished I had considered looking at the Atlanta area before I made my purchase. I also saw some great deals listed but this was after I had already bought my 2011 QX56, I'm now sure that those deals would have materialized to even better deals if I had known earlier to look at the Atlanta market and pursue purchasing there. Looks like it would had been worth my time considering the deal you were able to obtain. Thanks for sharing and hopefully this helps out those who are about to buy.
    Infiniti announced today that they are raising the price across the board on their products. For the QX56 - the increase will be $650. This is only a few months after they raised the QX $500 across the board and $1150 for the Deluxe Pkg.

Anything the dealer has in stock are locked into the current prices or if the dealer has your name on an inbound vehicle - they too are price protected.

Dealers have today to put customers names on vehilces. So, if you want to save $650 - pick out a vehilce today. :(
    I put a deposit down on the 20th on an incoming unit due Jan 7th. Since it already has been long shipped should I be ok? I contacted the dealer this morning but he said the guy who marks these cars with infiniti is on vacation. i know I got the deposit to them on the 20th but I don't know if they marked it. I am paying MSRP on it so I don't want to pay a penny extra.
    Well if they didn't mark it sold for you then they should discount the vehicle down to the original MSRP - I think Inf raised the price $650 so, the dealer can "eat" that if they forgot to mark it. :)
    QX56 came in early. Picked it up on the 28th. Price was original window sticker. Liquid Platinum 4wd with Theater illuminated sills. Wife loves it. Would have liked to get a lower price but they had about 10 QX's in the pipeline with most of them sold. I did get top dollar for my trade though. Most importantly, we really like the vehicle. I told the GSM i am thinking of getting myself a FX35 in a few months and will expect a deal.
  • robertckimrobertckim Member Posts: 3
    I purchased an AWD, black on black with theater for $63,000 + tax/license on 12/31. Seemed like a good enough deal based on the MSRP of $64,650, especially with the 2.9% financing program.
  • punapuna Member Posts: 3
    Got the QX with AWD, black on black with theater with MSRP of 63700 at 350 above invoice here in Atlanta @ Roswell Infiniti, didnt get good service at any other dealers here in the Atlanta area...

Was wondering if the folks who are paying MSRP or close to it could buy the vehicle here in ATL and ship it to their destination by paying $500/$1000 or whatever....

Email me if you need the name of the salesperson.
    Felt I could do better by going out of state but I felt i did good on my trade. By the time I ship it or go and get it I would be close to a wash. My friend is a wholesaler and she gave me top Manheim for my trade and bought if from the dealer so I could get the trade tax credit.(Almost 2k right there).
    Has anyone seen deals on the QX56 in Southeast Florida. One problem I am having is finding one with AWD.
  • zebedee1zebedee1 Member Posts: 3
    Fully Loaded NEW 2011 QX56 Black/Wheat with Tech,Theater,Touring, lighted sills, cross rails, cargo net & first aid kit, Trucked in from 600 miles away. MSRP $74,405.

Paid $69k plus tax. NO doc fees title fees etc. PLUS free oil changes and tire rotation for life of car at local dealer.

How did I do??
  • gatordent2007gatordent2007 Member Posts: 10
    Seems like a pretty solid deal. Where are you located? I just secured one in tampa area of florida as well. Couldnt find a 2 wheel drive fully loaded, but got one with deluxe touring, kick plates, crossbars, MSRP 69150 for 65 even + tax. Also, made them give me just above the previous 2.9 financing. Although it is a very difficult SUV to track down if you want the options, you can still get a deal if you are able to shop around, and you are patient. I've been turned away by many dealers throughout florida telling me the most they could discount was 500, but i waited and got 4100 off, so i called their BS bluff. In the end, no dealer is dumb enough to sit on a car they are still gonna make a ton of money on. Your deal is one of the best ive seen, so congrats! Any trade in?
    This was for the 4wd incase I didn't say it.

Yes, there was a trade in. There is some money to be made for them.

I'm trading in a 2005 QX56 with 121,000 miles.

They took trade in off price and only paid tax on difference. I know some states do that differently.

I'm in Ohio. Seems dealers are more willing to discount up here.

Good luck to all.
  • famouspaintfamouspaint Member Posts: 9
    You did great!!!

I, too, am in Ohio (near Cincinnati) and the one Infiniti dealer does not seem to want to negotiate. Where are you located and what is the name of the dealer you used.

Thank you
    We purchased our 2005 QX56 from Infiniti dealer near Kings Island. Did the deal over the phone and traded in our Expedition at a good price. I thought that dealer, at that time, was very good.

With all that said, INFINITI is no Lexus. I have a Lexus and valet service for maintenance is available wherever you brought the car. Also many of the dealer perks are NOT dealer specific. People do move.

Infiniti perks ARE dealer specific. Only get all the nice stuff from the dealer you buy it from. I was DEFINITELY treated differently than if had brought the car at the local dealer. SO keep all that in mind before you drive 3 hours to get a deal on a car.

I have been looking for a deal on 2011 QX since July. The end of the month/end of the year helped in making the deal. I also locked in the 2.9% before that seems to have ended.

The dealer had to ship a car in that was Blk with wheat interior. Your best deal should be for one on the lot. Check out inventory at all local dealers and start shopping around end of the month.

I got my deal at Infiniti of Bedford in Cleveland. Their initial offer on the car was OK, but you can always do better.

The cars are leaving the lots pretty quick. The one I test drove was gone the next morning. QX with touring pkg is hard to find.

Reading all posts and my own experience, you should be able to get $4000 off of MSRP of around $70k. Check edmunds etc for dealer Invoice and try for $1000 over invoice. That should be good for everyone.

Hope this helped.
  • docherfdocherf Member Posts: 1
    I bought at infiniti of cincinnati - easy - got almost 5k off msrp with almost no negotiating. After agreeing to a price, they still gave me a decent trade price on my old car. It's as close to 'no hassle' buy as I've ever had.

Love the QX. The gas gauge sucks and the sunroof leaks in pressure car washes, though.