Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Newest Tacoma has Limited Slip??

clint42clint42 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Am purchasing Toyota Tacoma Truck. One dealer
we talked to mentioned that the 4 x 4 with the TRD
option had a "limited slip". Is that true??

Comments

• mviglianco1mviglianco1 Member Posts: 283
    If it is a 2000, then the dealer must be on LSD. It has a rear locker. I am 99.9% sure this salesperson does not know wha they are talking about.
  • wsnoblewsnoble Member Posts: 241
    If a dealer is offering a LSD it is an aftermarket one and he is removing the Locking Rear Diff, from the TRD package, to do it. Your dealer is most likely ignorant to the differences between the two differentials...

-wsn
  • clint42clint42 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for your responses. I checked back with the Toyota agency in Garden Grove, CA, and the salesman assured me that they do, indeed, have the limited slip on their new Toyota 4x4's. They are still on the back lot, he said, awaiting detailing. If they do exist, I would like to see them for myself; but we live quite far from the agency. We were planning to go in today, but called around instead. If it seems advisable, we will go in tomorrow. If a Tacoma WERE available with a limited slip, would you want to special order it with a locking rear differential? The salesman I spoke to stated that it would be possible. Would the two be compatible? As far as I have been able to determine, if you had to choose between the two, you would want the locker. (We plan to do some off-roading with a small {TC700 Northstar} cab-over camper.)
    How do you feel about it?

Carorder.com also has a limited slip listed as a component of their 4x4 off-road Tacoma; or at least they did the last time I checked (this morning). When we tried to order, the truck they located for us had the locker. What do you think we should do?

Thanks.
    I would still be VERY sceptical. I have been doing alot of research about my y2k TRD both before and after I purchased it in December and have heard nothing about the LSD. I will post this question to some much more knowledgable people then myself and get back to you. I have heard stories of dealers telling people looking at 4Runners that the cosmetic cowl hood was to force air into the turbocharger. There is no turbocharger for the 4runner that would be installed at the factory or dealer. The hood is purely cosmetic. I have several friends in various types of sales. They all tell me that they lie on a daily basis to make a sale or get someone into the dealership. I will see what I can find out.
  • cthompson21cthompson21 Member Posts: 1,102
    A LSD would probably be more preferable than a locker for your use. A LSD is always active. Without the locker engaged, you've got an open axle. And, the locker is only supposed to be used up to 5mph and only in a straight line (no turning w/o serious wheel hop). The LSD will really help in poor weather conditions (rain, snow, etc...) in addition to off-road.

If you're doing any really hard-core off-roading, you would want the locker hands down. But, this doesn't sound like the case.

I think the salesman is full of BS. He probably doesn't know the difference between a locker and a LSD.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    Go with the LSD. The locker Toyota offers is a sales gimmick. Lockers are only to be used at crawling speeds and in a straight direction. A limited slip is always available, unlike the locker which is an open axle until engaged. Limited slip helps with towing, hauling, and just plain traction on wet or gravel roads. A locker is not.
    Frankly, this is the first I have heard of a Limited slip being offered by Toyota. About time.
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Member Posts: 3,581
    Carorder.com and a few of the invoice services incorrectly identify the locker as a limited slip. There is no LSD available for any Toyota truck. Sorry to burst your bubble on this but you are the victim of an ignorant salesman. I sell these things in VA and can say definitively that no such beast exists.
    We went back, to the dealership in Garden Grove on Tuesday. Yes, they had a limited slip; but they couldn't find it on the lot or in their computer. So much for that wild goose chase! Thanks, everyone, for answering this question for us in your inimitable style. You I can trust! It's 'all clear' now for the carorder.com. order.

Until next time,

Clint
    You know that carorder.com can't get one with the LSD either right? That is a misprint in their page and the people there have less knowledge than the dealership does.
    We held up our order with carorder.com to straighten out the LSD thing. Now that that's settled, we can proceed. Having read your discussions regarding the unavailability of the LSD, I was surprised by the three references to the limited slip--one at each of two separate dealerships, and one at carorder.com. Had to check it out. The truck they have waiting for us is an SR5 4x4 V6 with the TRD package. It has the lockers. Thanks for your concern.

Someone mentioned in passing that he couldn't wait until the new blowers came out in February. I have wondered what he was talking about. Coolers of some sort. I thought he was talking about the Tacoma--I could be wrong.
    The old term for a supercharger was blower. This is available now for the V6 Taco. It boosts the horsepower to around 285 and does not affect your warranty. It costs around $3K so you better really want it.
    Thank you for the info. Guess we don't need a blower. Now have a larger vocabulary. Thanks!!
  • smcpherrsmcpherr Member Posts: 114
    Question for ya... Are the Tacoma's V6s affected by the head gasket issue? I have been hearing rumors that problem is still around. Only rumors, I know, and probably perpetuated by us non-Toyota people, but I still would like to know. Reason being, the blower, while it is covered by the engine warranty, increases the pressure in the cylinders and would hasten the demise of the headgasket. Am I to guess that a supercharger being offered means the head gasket issue has been resolved?
    Not a rumor. I have a friend who owns a 3.4 TRD 4x4 and his blew about 2 months ago. He and I have a friendly skirmish between Ford/Toyota. He didn't want me to know his headgasket blew, he was trying to hide it from me! You can ask anyone in the Ranger vs TAcoma room and they will vouch for me that this happended about 2 months ago.
    Carorders price for the LSD is the same price as everybody elses quote for the locker. Point being that the carorder people goofed and Toyota DOES NOT offer a LSD on the Tacoma. Anybody who tells you otherwise is ignorant of the facts.

Head Gasket: Hey look it's Vince stirring up trouble in a non Ford room. Hey Vince i do not beleive that your friends 98 or newer TRD Tacoma blew his head gasket. I will eat my words if you provide this board with his VIN # and we can then verify this as a fact or not...

-wsn
    I dont know what I said but someone did not like it. I guess you get censored in these discussions for actually talking about trucks
    maybe Head Gasket is a bad word somewhere
    Wsn, doesn't like the TRUTH, just like the Tacoma finishing LAST in the crash tests. www.crashtest.com, www.carpoint.msn.com! Keep twisting those numbers, and justifying your own logic, truth hurts huh?? The headgasket issue does still exist, surf the net and you will find the truth folks.
    We have not seen any recurring problems with head gaskets since the '98 model year. We still see some in the '96 and '97s but most have already been done. They are being covered up to 100K miles.
  • rsmtomrsmtom Member Posts: 28
    Well, I am one of the Toy owners who has experienced the head gasket failure problem. However, my truck is a '90, with the original V6. Gaskets were replaced in the Spring of '95 at 100,000 miles--no cost to me, and no bitching, wining, or lawsuit threats required. Three years later (early '98), I got a card from Toyota notifying me about the head gasket campaign. I thought they had goofed, as I had already had the service done. Turned out that they were notifying me about the release of a revised gasket design. So, I went ahead and let them do it, even though I was having no problem. It cost me nothing, and I got a free rental car during the repair. Great thing is that I had put another 99,000 miles on the truck since the first repair. A nine-year-old truck with 199,000 miles, and Toyota handled everything at their cost--that, my friends, is customer service. Would I buy a V6 Taco? You bet! Am looking at them right now. After 10 years and 213,000 miles, I'm in the mood for a new 4X4. No question about the quality and reliability of the Toy's--they are as good as it gets in the truck world. Now, if you want some fun reading about real head gasket problems, go over to the "Maintenance & Repair" Conference and check out the FORD Windstar topic. Poor people there seem to be the minivan cousins of the unfortunate Exploder victims. Always remember, "Quality is Job 1".
    Since were speaking about the truth why don't we get down to it. What is your friends VIN # so we can see if it really is by the recall and has been acknowleged by Toyota.

Also i never doubted the results of the crashtests i just asked which model they tested, but instead of being MR TRUTHFUL, you avoid the question as usuall. Your reply will most likely avoid this spost as well and that will just prove my point further...

-wsn
    WSN, I asked my friend for his VIN# and he laughed. He said I am taking this chat room way too seriously. Well he said no way, he did not want to realease any information like that to people he didn't know. (Smart in my book).
    WSN, I really wish there were some way I could prove to you that his headgasket did blow on his Tacoma.
    I am glad to see you are finally coming to grips that your Tacoma performs terribly in crash tests.
    As stated, what does it matter 4x4 or 4x2? You don't choose what is going to hit you. Fact is at www.crashtest.com and www.carpoint.msn.com both give Tacoma's the lowest crash test ratings in their class.
    You may not be able to choose what hits you but the people who perform the crash tests can. They use the same "smasher" on all tests so the point at which it impacts the test vehicle will be relatively higher then the frame on a lower vehicle and closer to the frame on a higher vehicle.
    Then maybe your "Friend" and his alleged "Tacoma" will use one of the many VIN # search engines on the net and post what it shows, just blank out the last few digits of the VIN. Or maybe you could make a copy of some sort of paperwork from Toyota that shows that this happened and that also shows the year of his truck. Send it to CP. I bet he'll post it for us. I still don't believe that his ride is a 98 or newer and has the headgasket problem.

As far as coming to grips with the crash tests, i never doubted your sites info. As any intelligent human being could understand from my posts. What i would like to see are the results when they hit a 4x4 Tacoma. Any average joe can understand that when you change a varible in an equation that the results of that equation may/will be different. Would this same object stike lower on a 4x4 and be less likely to impact the door as much? Who knows, but this is what a test using a 4x4 Tacoma could show. Even your smart enough to realize this line of thought. And as far as carpoint goes, i'm with spoog on this one. You except everything about their reviews or you except nothing. I can except their reviews of both!

Can You?

Facts, not Fiction
    -wsn
    As you do with carpoint, you only except the information that you feel is relevant and favors the Tacoma.
    I know it happened, he knows it happened. His headgasket blew no doubt about it.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    Somebody please explain the VIN# paranoia. I know Meredith said it wasn't a good idea to post Vin #'s but I still don't get it. The VIN is right on the dashboard of every newer vehicle. If somebody is that unscrupulous as to use a VIN for something bad they could go to any parking lot and get one (a VIN) What exactly can one do with a VIN anyway? I swear I'm not being a smart [non-permissible content removed] I just don't get it.
    I question whether or not Vince's "Friend" has a 98 or newer tacoma and that he blew his headgasket. I asked him to show proof, with a VIN being a way to show ownership. And with that VIN anybody can contact Toyota to see if it was truly affected. In a nut shell Vince consistantly brings this headgasket still a problem on 98 and newer issue up, but is not willing to back up his statement. I guess i'm just busting on him because he is constanly all over eveybody else to back up there statements, but is not willing to do the same.

Good enough for the goose....
    -wsn
    Pros

1. REPUTATION Toyota pickups are known for their impressive reliability and durability, which explains their higher-than-average resale value.

2. QUALITY Fit and finish are topnotch, of course.

3. PERFORMANCE The 2.7-liter 4-cylinder (which comes in 4x4 Tacomas) and 3.4-liter V6 really pump out the power.

4. HANDLING Rear-wheel-drive models behave like cars.

5. CAPABILITY Four-wheel-drive Tacomas' off-road prowess is a cut above.

6. FUEL EFFICIENCY The 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine is very frugal.

7. RIDE COMFORT The Xtracab is quite roomy and the bench seat is nicely contoured.

Cons

1. SAFETY Tacomas received low marks from NHTSA in collision tests.

2. PRICE Tacomas are often more expensive than equivalent competitors.

3. TORQUE The DOHC V6 is a bit lacking here.

4. BRAKES Emergency stopping distances are long and the Tacoma's path can be erratic without ABS.

5. CHOICES More limited than is the case with Ford and Chevrolet. Where are the extra doors?

6. REAR SEATS Being an acrobat or a contortionist is very helpful in getting to the Xtracab's rear seats; there's not a lot of room once you get there.

7. ROADHOLDING The high center of gravity of 4x4s make curves dicey; the Xtracab's length and wide turning radius make tight maneuvers nearly impossible

I accept every line of this! Do you accept every line of this
    Pros

1. RELIABILITY Owner satisfaction comes from this truck's dependability and tried-and-true features. The Ranger is known for its solid build and excellent fit and finish, which really add to its appeal and value.

2. ON THE ROAD The front suspension is much less sensitive to road faults than the previous setup. Steering is much more accurate.

3. MANUAL TRANSMISSION It's easy to use thanks to its smooth, accurate shifter.

4. V6 ENGINES They offer terrific hauling and trailering capabilities. We consider them the best engine choices.

5. EXTENDED CAB SuperCabs are equipped with two rear doors.

6. NICE FEATURES: Windshield wipers that sweep a large area at a good clip; bucket seats and a 60/40 split-bench seat that offer good support.

Cons

1. PERFORMANCE The 2.5-liter engine is fine for light tasks, but nothing more. The V6 engines are real gas guzzlers.

2. RIDE COMFORT These pickups are built to get the job done, not pamper passengers. With an empty bed the ride is bouncy.

3. BRAKES With rear-wheel drive there's only rear-wheel ABS. A full load in the bed can overpower them.

4. HANDLING The base Ranger has a soft suspension and undersize tires, while 4WD Rangers have the opposite handicap; its suspension is too hard and tires are too big. In either case, handling leaves much to be desired.

5. STEERING Much too slow. The wide turning radius really hampers maneuverability.

6. 4-WHEEL DRIVE It's rather crude and isn't as versatile as the automatic all-wheel drive in the Explorer.

7. FUEL CONSUMPTION The V6s burn a lot of gas.

8. NO V8 If only the Ranger were powered by a V8 engine just like the Dodge Dakota.

9. POOR FEATURE The rudimentary bench seat in low-end trims. It provides no lateral or lumbar support whatsoever.
    Opinions, everyone has one.
    most of all my friend who owns the Toyota knows it happened, me being a Ford owner knows it happend. My friend knowing I am a Ford owner tried to hide it from me knowing I would give him a hard time about his headgasket. This leads me to wonder how many other Toyota owners mask problems in surveys and with friends. Embarrased because all Toyota's are supposed to be perfect up to 1 billion miles and such.
  • allknowingallknowing Member Posts: 866
    One of you statements doesn't make any sense. How can the V6 Tacoma "really pump out the power" as you put it and at the same time be lacking in torque? Torque is essentially power delivered rotationally. Maybe you meant to say that the V6 doesn't have the torque that other engines produce with similar horsepower. It can't have lots of power and then be lacking in power?????
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    Posting VIN's is NOT a good idea....

A VIN is an item if publicly available information. A VIN is tied to a registration, which is tied to an address, and, possibley, an SSN (since many DMV's use SSN for a drivers license #).

And viola - bing, bam, boom, and the opportunity for identity theft exists, if not worse.

It is better NOT to open the door.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
    all knowing: Those are not my "statements". That is a copy from carpoint. You question proves my point exactly. If one can not accept one point of a review than one cannot accept the whole review, let alone parade it around as fact. I accept the carpoint review, but i accept it with a grain of salt. Somebody else in this room parades it around as fact, and i do not agree that it is 100% fact, and should not used to back up issues one claims as fact. As far as the engine power thing, i think they were saying it could use a little more torque, but were impresss by it's horsepower output. Example being, say passing ability on the highway.

Meredith: I see your point about VIN's but you leave out the fact that they are publically available on everybody's lower dash. I could walk outside and record a 100 of them by just gazing through the windshield. VIN's are public domain.

Example: a title search!

Vince: I did offer for you to show something from toyota with the VIN and the problem stated on it and just blank out the last few #'s of the VIN. I'm sorry but until you can prove it,

IT'S FICTION

-wsn
    What is all of this "accept this" and "accept that" garbage? Really, it sounds like a little schoolkid making another kid say uncle by twisting his arm. Why would anyone "accept" another person's opinion as fact if they don't agree with it?

And, this "prove it" nonsense. Telling people to post pictures, VIN #s, retinal scans, etc... This is really getting STUPID! Grow up!

This is a discussion group. What is there to gain by lying? Is there some big prize for whoever harasses the other participants into finally not posting? If you think somebody is lying for whatever reason, don't have a discussion with them! It's that simple!
    I coundn't agree with you more! This has always been my point as well. I just get a little fired up when people start parading reviews and hearsay around as fact, and shoving it down everybody's throat. I was basically assuming the opposite standpoint to prove just how rediculous it is. You were the first to pick up on it, and this just proves my point.

Back to the Point: This is titled Tacoma LSD and there is not available through Toyota. Ihope this helps who posted the original post. If still have doubts, try sending Toyota an email at thieir website, they are pretty good at getting back to you. You can also check with the Tacoma Territory folks (http://www.tacomaterritory.com) They are quite knowledgeable
    All of you answered the question quite to my satisfaction. However, just to cover all bases, I did speak to the customer relations representative for Toyota on their 800 number. She confirmed the fact that the Tacoma does not have an LSD. I knew that already, (because of my posts here) so why did I ask? Because I'm a compulsive guy!

Thanks again!
    OK, so don't post a complete VIN. Post the serial number which is the last 8 of the VIN. This will tell us the model year. If that even scares you, just tell us what the letter is in the 8th digit from the end.
    Before he does that, you had better post your medical records, little league career batting average, how many quarts of oil you have sitting in your garage, when the last time was that you watched "The Smurfs", how many 1-800 numbers you called last month, the serial # on the smallest TV in your house, the name/type/quantity of your pets, your SSN, your checking & savings account numbers, your dial-up connection name and password, your drivers license #, whether or not you like tomatos, and everyone that you've ever voted for.

Before you do all of this, we just can't possibly believe what you say about your or other people's trucks.

Didn't you know that Ford owners get paid big $$$ by Ford to post Ford=good Other makes=bad messages? I'm still waiting for that fat check coming at the end of the month.

The world knows that an almighty TOYOTA cannot actually have something go wrong with it!!! They are God's automotive gift to us!!! Anyone who has the priviledge of owning one should worship it in the garage for 1 hour before they go to bed at night!!!

OK, OK enough of this. Back to reality here. I am not defending Vince but rather attacking stupidity. If you believe he or anyone else you're conversing with is untruthful, DON'T POST MESSAGES TO THEM!!!
    Well if were not going to question peoples sources than....

THAN I AM 7FT TALL AND HAVE A DATE WITH MADONNA THIS WEEKEND!

CThomp: I agree that we should all take one another at their word, but spreading unprovable propaganda on an internet posting board is a bit over board. Don't you think?

-wsn
    I agree. It is a bit overboard.

But, would you just disbelieve that a problem occured with a vehicle ONLY because it had a Toyota badge on it?

Now, if someone posted that a friend's ranger had blown its head gasket, would you tell him to prove it?
    If we heard about a Ranger owner who didn't have a problem, then we would ask him to prove it. That is the point here; with Toyota, problems are the exception. I know about the V6 problems but I just have not seen it on a '98 or newer which brings up the possibility that the issue is resolved, hence, the question of VIN.
    I sure hope to god that you're using the magical wit of sarcasm here because it's getting REALLY deep in here!

Toyota is the exception? They are flawless? A Ranger is lucky to pull itself off the lot without breaking down? That Toyota salesman must have shot you with his brain-washing gun if you're really to believe this!

So my '98 Ranger and my father-in-law's '98 Ranger are somehow these MAGICAL exceptions? We practiced witch-craft and voodoo to make them flawlessly performing trucks over the past 2yrs?

Uhhhh.... Sure Cliffy....
    The reason i question the headgasket thing is:

1) Vince is not pointing it out for knowledges sake. He is parading it around as a way to bash other peoples trucks. His reasons are malicios, or so it seems

2) I have a 98 Tacoma. I have inquired with many dealers and owners as to the existance of head gasket problems on 98 or newer Tacoma's. All say that it was resolved before the 98 production. Therefore i question anybody's statement that it has not.

So given the two, i was left with a bunch of owners and dealers saying it has been fixed, and nobody has ha this problem on their 98 or newer, and i was also faced with considering someone else's "Friends" account. That somebody else who has consistantly shown that he is biased agaist Toyota. Check out all his posts on this site. Or ask yourself why he is even on a toyota board when he ownes a ranger? It's quite obvios, to spread progaganda. Check out most of his post on edmunds.com , it will all make sense...

"But, would you just disbelieve that a problem
    occured with a vehicle ONLY because it had a Toyota badge on it?"

To answer you question No. My disbelief is based on research not badges. I've never brought up any vehicles problems without being able to prove it.

-wsn
    I understand now. It seemed like you were saying that because it says "Toyota" on the tailgate the truck will be 100% flawless.

I know all about Vince's postings. I see them on most of the topics I frequent. He may be an absolute Ford fanatic, and many times I disagree with his opinions. But, I haven't seen him post anything that is an outright lie as you suggest.

The head gasket issue with the 3.4L has been around since its first iteration in the early '90s, the 3.0L. As far as I know, there has been no engine redesign. I would tend to believe that an engine that has head gasket problems in the past would be more prone to have head gasket problems in the future (when compared to others). The reason you or your friends haven't seen or heard of any problems from '98 or newer trucks is that they haven't put hours on the engine for a possible failure to occur yet. My '98 only has 20K miles on it. Head gaskets seem to go around 60-75K miles (trust me, i've got some experience here with my Quad-4). If car dealers were telling you that there might be a high possibility of head gasket failure when compared to other trucks, do you think they would sell any cars/trucks?

At least Toyota is stepping up to the plate any repairing anyone's vehicle who has the problem. That's the way you keep customers for life. Ford hasn't shown much social responsibility in the past, but they seem to be improving over the past decade or so (not to Toy's level, but they're making some progress).
    As a Toyota salesman, I can tell you that the head gaskets don't wait until 60K to go. I saw them with as few as 300 miles when the 3.4 came out. Some took longer, but if they were going to have a problem, we saw it in the first 20K.

That is not the case with the 3.0 engine. No body has been able to explain the difference, but these head gasket problems were different. The 3.0 took much longer to show up, usually after 60K miles. In the case of the 3.4, I was told it was faulty gasket materials and that is an easy fix. Toyota has been using the new gaskets since the '98 model year.

And yes, my comment about the Ranger was somewhat tongue in cheek but not entirely. There are certain vehicles that we just expect to see problems with. When we see a Chrystler product come in, our first question is when the transmission was replaced. When we see a Jeep drive up, we immediately check the 4WD selector and when a Ranger pulls up, the first check is to see if the electric transfer case is functioning and how loud the valve ticking noise is. If it has power windows, that is also something we look out for.

When a used Toyota comes in, we check to see if the campaign was done on the head gasket. If it wasn't, we get it done right away since Toyota pays for it. That is honestly the only recurring problem I see on this end.
  • spoogspoog Member Posts: 1,224
    Hey Vinnie!! How is it going? Are you now spreading your crap i nthe grous I don't frequent? Why is a Ranger woner in this forum? To cause trouble? I think so.

Vince writes:

"Go with the LSD. The locker Toyota offers is a
    sales gimmick. "

If providing a solid, flawlessly working real truck feature is a "sales gimmick" , I wish MORE trucks offered these "sales gimmicks".

" Lockers are only to be used at
    crawling speeds and in a straight direction."

In other words for people who do serious offroading, unlike you Vinnie.

See, we take our trucks OFF The gravel roads.

I find it hilarious that you are spreading your hate to other toyota only groups.

Enjoy those gravel roads Vinnie!
    Spoog, when is a locker used then? The locker is extremely limited. And when not in use is an OPEN AXLE. Do you know what that is?
    Fact is most folks use their trucks offroad a fraction of the time in comparison to asphalt. The limited slip is much much more functional for everyday use. It helps to tow, haul, and pull when you need it at a moments notice. You don't have to engage a limited slip. We all know you don't own this Tacoma. You have slipped way too many times with offroad jargon or techniques, along with Tacoma specs, now run along.
    Oh look, now we can start a copy and paste flame war. I was about to give up on this topic for lack of fireworks. There goes the neighborhood.
  • andy_jordanandy_jordan Member Posts: 764
    I couldn't give a rat's wotsit whether Tacoma or Ranger is better - but I do have serious issues over the 'wonderful' locker for serious off roading.

I do some fairly serious winter offroading and some not quite so serious summer offroading and I would never, ever, choose locker over limited slip.

Locker is better than open, but in most applications limited is better than locker. You cannot turn with a locker engaged - short of using the emergency brake and hauling the wheel around anyway. You (usually) cannot drive at more than 5mph with a locker engaged.

Do serious off roaders drive in straight lines at less than 5mph, yes, is that all they do, no of course not.

The only situation that I have been in where I was truly grateful for a locker was coming up a wet, steep, boat ramp. I couldn't get up so a stranger hooked up his GMC (2500HD I think) with a locker and hauled the boat out.
    Well, I would hope that your dealership would check the trades for malfunctions when they take them in. I doubt they'd be in business for very long if they didn't.

Shouldn't this stuff be in the Taco vs. Ranger topic?
  • spoogspoog Member Posts: 1,224
    Andy.....anyone who seriously offroads has a locker. I simply cant beleive you dont understand this. ANY OFFROADER WORTH its salt has a locker. A locker is so SUPERIOR to a limited slip in an offroad situation. Any offroader that is built from the ground up for competition has a locker. Every offroad rig you see in 4wheeelr and PEtersons offroad has a locker. PLease post something that you know about. thx.
This discussion has been closed.