Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued X

meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
This topic is a continuation of Topic 1738....

Chevy Silverado - Continued X. Please continue
these discussions here. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV's, Pickups, & Aftermaket and Accessories Host

Comments

• volkejvolkej Member Posts: 108
    I use a Sony Mavica (MVC-FD71). I've seen them priced around $500. It records on a standard flex disc, has a 10X zoom, built in flash, etc. and is easy to use. The pictures aren't 35mm quality, but they're OK.
    I like it because it's very sturdy. I've dropped it a couple of times and it still works.
    Digital cameras are the way to go. I'm in Alaska right now and the camera works great for taking pictures of scenery; you don't have to wait for the picture to come back from the developer to see how they turned out.
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    I'm the first one to post on IX and now X! Well, it's no big deal, but I don't post multiple times a day like some....
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    X. We jabbor alot. This has to be the most popular post.

Ryan
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    .....is that possible??

I have a 3 door as ywal all know....and just wondered last night...

When you want to flip the rear seat up..is the strap you pull on the passengers like the 3 door?...or both sides?...or just drivers?

...(I got too much time here...I know)

- Tim
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    have you experienced any type of windshield
    noises? i'm hearing something that almost sounds
    like a rattle or some type of flutter at speeds
    above 60. i know it's outside 'cause when i slow
    down to 60 it goes away.

thanx...RED
  • ksr318iksr318i Member Posts: 13
    2000 LT 2500 X/C SB 4x4 6.0L 4.10 with 285/75R16 BF Goodrich Radial T/As at 34 psi and I am averaging approximately 12.8 mpg (50/50 city/hwy) with only 2079 miles so far.

Who has installed the Rancho 4-inch suspension lift on their truck or the Gibson Cat-back exhaust system yet? Comment on these two items please. They are looking like my next two upgrades after the Hypertech Programmer III.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    #3 was referring to a 4 door..

- Tim
  • scottayscottay Member Posts: 91
    is on both sides. Very fwd thinking on their part.

Try a placing large rubber o-ring from a plumbers supply on the end of the leaf spring for the noise prob.

Windshield noise may need to be sealed on upper edge. Try duct taping it to see if it goes away.

Anyone just change muffler to a flowmaster instead of getting entire cat-back?

-scott
  • anonymousanonymous Member Posts: 314
    thanx for suggestion. what do you suggest for
    sealant?

...RED
    thanx again, you were right on the money with the
    window trim. thats exactly where the problem was.
    now if i can just find out what would be the best
    adhesive to fix it with i'd be most grateful.

thanx to all the guys(gals) that help people out
    in their time of need.

...RED
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    this is a real test of my memory. People have used several different methods to seal windshields including clear or black silicone, windshield sealant from auto parts store, taken to glass shop to have them do it, and taken it back to dealer who subs out to glass shop. That is if my memory serves me correctly. I thought this problem was limited to '99 and early '00 models that installed bug deflectors...I guess not.

ksr318i
    I have the Gibson swept side single in single out. At idle sounds almost like a stock exhaust. At WOT sounds pretty good. As for performance, couldn't live without it. You may want to check out Borla and Magnaflow also. Changing only the muffler is a little better than stock...mandrel bends are the second and equally important in allowing less restrictive exhaust flow. My opinion would be to get the catback rather than just the muffler. My $.03
  • kantonkanton Member Posts: 142
    Rancho does not have a kit available for the 3/4 ton. Go with the superlift!

Kyle
    Was looking at Hypertech website and they have the new programmer finally listed. Also the new programmer offers both power tuning for 87 octane gas as well as 93 octane. this is good for the price of fuel now!
    Kyle
    HEY RAY whats the website where u posted pics of your truck? Please let me know. Thank you so much

Ryan
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    As most of you know, I have the Edelbrocks on my truck. I have a ATV & we go out on the weekends & drive it. It fairly heavy & I have not found any problems with the shocks when the ATV is in the back.

Now, I'm not going 60-70 mph off-road with it in the box.
    rcoos

p.s. I'm happy that you finally got your truck RYANBAB!!!! Good Luck & happy off roading!
    I dont have it yet. Just pictures. 12 days till i get it

Ryan
  • wtkingwtking Member Posts: 43
    I put a Gibson single in, single out cat back exhaust system on my truck today. Easy install, with a good fit, and throaty sound, that is not too loud at all.

tucsonjwt:
    I believe the coupon you're referring to is a 1/3 off first order coupon for carparts.com who sells the Edelbrock shocks.

-Todd
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    Where is a good source for Bilsteins? My dad has a 1 ton Dodge van RV conversion and it needs Bilsteins bad. Looking on line so far I've found prices from $75 to $95 but not for this model vehicle.
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    Ryan, www.picturetrail.com .....for posting your pic's for free. It cost nothing to join (which is required) then follow directions for posting pic's. I can't help you on this one since my 15 year old showed me how to do it and I got a bad case of CRS so your on your own now.......

Sucks to get old like Tim.......memory is the first to go.........LOL, only kidd'in Tim I know I'm the elder of us three.

Red, I don't have the fog light option but I did change out the high beams from the standard 65 watt to the PIAA 100 watt plasma whites, WOW, no melted plastic lenses either.........

Ray T.
    ditto on non melting plastic. Changed high and low beams and added jumper to have all four on at the same time...and no melting plastic.
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    I checked in my shop manual for hydraulic assisted brakes.

They are in the manual. Runs off the power steering pump. There is an accumulator that stores pressure. If you can't get 2 uses and 30 seconds out of the accumulator, it needs repair. To relieve the pressure, push the brakes 30 times with the engine off.

After you have relieved the pressure, push the pedal down all the way and hold it. Start the engine, and you should feel the pedal come back.

No mention in the manual as to why they use the hydraulic boost or on what trucks. I guess it is on the 2500s, but no mention of application. If it is a question 2500 auto vs. manual we will know in a couple of weeks.

Mike L
    Sorry they are small if you want a better one email me and ill forward you a better one. Not bad for the first time either.

Heres the site

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery.fcgi?p=999&gid=78127&uid=49640
  • mt21713mt21713 Member Posts: 21
    Looks like I'll be getting my truck tomorrow.. woohoo! :)

I'm going to get a spray-in bedliner and I'm wondering if I should get it over or under the rail. If I later get a camper top for the truck, which liner works better with it?

Also, I know the spray-in bedliners come in colors. I remember someone with a Pewter truck got the gray liner. It looked okay in the photo.. how's in look in person? Does the gray go with the pewter pretty well?

Meredith
    (mcthomps@fnfi.com)
  • jmesjmes Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know of any carpeted mats that cover entire foot well for the front passengers. The factory rubber mats do not cover the approx. 1/3 area in the passenger well that is slightly elevated.

Someone a little ways asked about a rear liner that covered the entire area. I spoke to HUSKY and they said theirs covers the whole area. I have not received mine yet to verify. New part number for the four door #6135x.
  • frankdufrankdu Member Posts: 2
    I have 1999 Silverado with rear spring squeak.
    Dealer replaced springs once but it did not cure
    problem. Dealer looked at problem 3 times, but they have no answer and said they have to
    wait for Chevrolet to give them an
    answer. I reported problem in a Customer Survey.
    Chevrolet called me and said they are following up on problem. It is supposed to be reported by
    Customer Assistance and Dealer to TAC (Technical
    Assistance Center).
    Hopefully someone can fix squeak in rear springs
    or bushings area as it is quite an pain.
    It was I who asked about the rear mat. I'll check Husky out. Thanks!

I just got an email from someone wanting to know what dealership I went with to get my truck.. Covert Country in Taylor is the answer. (Sorry, I can't respond.. email bounced back)

And if you're wondering.. yes, I contacted Henna Chevrolet. They took 2 days to answer and their reply consisted of a request for me to call them. I did call and the guy I spoke with decided that because I'm female I didn't know what I wanted. Anyway, he said he would fax over information on what he had in inventory and the fax never arrived. Oh, well..

Meredith
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    was hoping they'd offer something for 87 octane. That's great news, hopefully I'll get it this week...
    ray, thanks for info on PIAA's. eventually
    someone will come forward with info on fog
    lights. it's amazing how weak these lights are
    at this point. maybe i'm tinkering with something

that should just be left alone.

obyone, thanks for info on windshield problem.
    got in touch with service manager(buddy of mine)
    and he turned me onto the glass shop that does
    their repair work. they in turn gave me a
    partial tube of what's called urethane sealant.

ryan, nice lookin' truck, betcha can't wait
    to get behind the wheel of ride.

meredith, good luck on your new ride as well.

...RED
  • bluebeastbluebeast Member Posts: 258
    son, invest in a digital camera, these pictures suck.

meredith, amazing how one persons experience can be so good at a dealer and anothers can suck. Hope everything works out for ya at Covert in Taylor.

Yes, "suck" is the word of the day.
  • ran3ran3 Member Posts: 13
    Read your post - you got more from
    Henna than I did - had to write inventory
    and options down from phone conversation.
    But they did call back same day. If Covert
    turns out Ok put a post might help others

Hope next time in car/truck market can
    bypass salesmen altogether. Also won't
    throw away my notes and their quote sheets
    so fast, so can get with the Texas Att General.
  • loeschloesch Member Posts: 3
    I purchased the "CatchAll" mats for my truck. My buddy liked them so much that he bought them for his truck. You can find ads for them in most of the car/truck magazines. They cover all of the floor area except in from of the console, including the sides and the front underneath the peddles. They are a rubber/carpet composite so they will "catch" "all" liquids that happen their way such as melted snow. They cost about $80 per pair and are available in different colors (mine were charcoal gray and matched perfectly).
    I agree with about the Catch-alls. I have a set in Medium grey and they match perfectly. the drivers side fits excellent, but the passengers side doesn't fit the way it should. it is very close and manageable since I am never on that side!.

Called hypertech to get a tracking number. HPPIII was shipped 4/11. I am 5 business days (ground) away. Hopefully I will have it tommorrow!!

PS. the dealer of course could not find where the front end rattle was coming from. Although the shop foreman clearly heard it they could not diagnose. truck was at the shop all day, they said they put the chassis ears on it in just about every spot they could and drove it around. said they could not pin-point it. I believe them, the truck had 20 more miles on it when I picked it up. I will just go to the next dealer and have them find it. Eventually someone will diagnose and fix the problem.

Kyle
  • jescopjescop Member Posts: 33
    The catch-all mats are real nice.
    They are carpeted, color-matched, and have a
    ridge built into the mat around the edge. You could fill it with water and your truck carpet wouldn't get wet. I was quoted $60.00 for the front set, another $60.00 for the rear. They are also custom molded to fit since they are a rigid
    type mat.
    I haven't got any yet, but I think I will.

Jeff
  • storchstorch Member Posts: 72
    What kinda of folding cover is that? Also where did you get if from and how much? Looks like a good compromise between hard and soft! Any dislikes with it? Does it just open and then slide forward? Sorry that was a lot of questions!!

Kevin
    Mats - I tried the link for the autotruckaccessories site but couldn't get through. Apparently, they're revamping the site. Anyone know off hand if Pick-Up Heaven carries Husky or the Catch All mats?

My truck - I spoke with my sales guy (Bobby Bramlett) at Covert Country a while ago. Apparently, the dealership that has my truck in stock hasn't called back to say what truck they want out of Covert Country inventory, AND the girl at Covert who handles the details of trades left early to do a walk through on a house she's buying. Hopefully, things will get connected tomorrow morning and my truck will be in town by the afternoon. I'm not in a rush, especially since I'm learning about accessories. But man in this heat, I am ready for the AC! (In my current vehicle, I do not have AC or radio/cd.)

Bedliner - Covert Country uses B&H's "Armor Guard" spray-in bedliner and I can get it from B&H through Covert Country for $30 less than going there on my own. BTW, they quote $349 under rail and $379 over rail for regular customers. The B&H guy told my sales guy that they recommend the over the rail spray-in because camper tops can shift even though they're bolted on, so they can damage the paint and reveal metal, opening up an opportunity for rust. Opinions on this? Also, I was told that they have to strip the paint off before applying a spray-in liner.. is that really the case??

Anyone else used B&H for spray-in bedliner? I remember getting a recommendation for them for a pop-in. I would think an over rail liner (Yours was the one I was remembering, Larry, thanks for the pics! It's beautiful!) might look a bit odd, though the under rail looks great in grey.

Henna (ran3) - I was really perplexed by the phone conversation. I'd sent an email detailing exactly what I was looking for (their auto form was broken, so I sent a real email) and had to go over it all again with the sales guy on the phone. It was like he never got the email, though I know he did because he replied! And he questioned me on almost every option, "Now why do you want XXX? Are you sure you don't want YYY? You'll resell the truck for more with YYY when the time comes." *sigh*

Okay, time to head home.. :)

Meredith
  • dropperdropper Member Posts: 47
    kanton,

I had a squeak coming from the front of my 2K, which I thought was from the dash. It wasn't. It was from the right fender, which they lubed and tightened. Squeak went away, so you might want to have them look at the fenders.

Keith
    thanks for the email...great looking truck...now for the mods. BTW, who's Andrea? Oops, sorry for being off topic...
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    Kanton, what year and color interior do you have in your truck. On the passenger side, the floor board is two tiered on 99/00 trucks, does the Catch all mat cover both tiers or just the bottom tier like the factory mats? Last question, do you find your shoes catching on the lip of the mat as you enter and exit?
    Sorry i forwarded so many emails of the pic i messed up. I sent it to this girl i know from this other girl at work she likes the silverados but the girl i work with doesnt she likes dodge. Shes the only one who didnt like my truck :( dont worry thatll change soon

Ryan
    Had bedliner and nerf bars installed today. Just got off the phone with the salesman he said the truck looks great (except the truck is a lil dirty). After i get it in less than 2 wks ill get some new pics of everything. Only has 80 mls on it. Not to many getting the rear windows checked by dealership tomorrow to make sure they are ok.

Ryan
    I have a 2000 ex-cab LT. Medium grey interior. The mat covers the entire floor from just in front of the passenger seat, down the little step off, and then all the way up under the dash. there is very little if any factory carpet shown. Hopefully tommorrow I will get some pictures scanned and posted for all of you.

Spray-in liner. go for the over the rail especially if you plan on putting a camper on. My last truck had a camper on it and the rail paint was rubbed away and the rails started to rust. For the extra $40 it is cheap insurance, the rails also look great!.

kyle
    There is a full front one-piece carpeted mat shown on page 66 of the new Performance Products catalog. It is from LLOYD MATS and costs $90 (PP is usually overpriced though). You can even get it with the Chevy or GMC emblem.

I have the Catch All front mats and overall I like them, they cover everywhere important and look good. I don't catch my foot on that lip at all, I don't even notice it. However the passenger side lip is getting smashed and bent over toward the door because my most frequent passenger steps right on it I guess. They don't stay in place too well though because they only have a velcro thing in one spot. I see the new ones have a snap system which hopefully is better. It's not a big deal because they are molded to fit the spot so they don't have much place to move.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    talk about oil changes or DRLs anymore...

Does anyone know of washable, slip on seat covers? Almost bought a nylon, slip on cover, but they said it will not fit because of the seat belts.
    Good question. I would like a dog proof cover I can easily take on and off. The best I've found are at the pet supply outlets. Try www.drsfostersmith.com and www.rcsteele.com and www.petusa.com. No one makes one exactly for the 40/20/40 bench seat with seatbelt cutouts and such.
  • volkejvolkej Member Posts: 108
    I put a Sport Seat Shield from Cabela’s on the back seat of my truck. It fits loose, but it’s waterproof and keeps water, mud and whatever else my dog picks up off the seat.
    Check out www.cabelas.com
  • hawgdawghawgdawg Member Posts: 24
    Anyone tried the waterproof seatcover in JCWhitney? With summer coming I can see we will be doing some traveling and my daughter has an amazing habit of spilling.
    Many of the dogg covers can be cut to use the seatbelts. My dad got a back seat cover for our dogg and they had instructions as how to cut and where to cut for the seatbelts. My dogg hates his new blazer. The old 87 blazer he has no problem riding in but the new 2000 blazer he seriously sounds like he hyperventilates. Hes gonna ride in mine whether he likes it or not. He doesnt have a choice.

Ryan
    Go here for a better look at my pictures.

http://hometown.aol.com/ryanb0928/myhomepage/photo.html

Ryan
  • bluebeastbluebeast Member Posts: 258
    Meredith, I believe that Central Texas Customs at 8950 Research has BOTH Husky and Catch alls. Also, the spray in liner that Larry (rdve80) has got to be the best spray in liner I have ever seen. It's worth looking at his BEFORE you decide.

Internet son, I'll send you a couple of pictures I took of the sunvisor (2000 Suburban) and you can post'em on your website for folks to see what is going to be involved in putting these into a Silverado.
This discussion has been closed.