Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jdt141jdt141 Member Posts: 8
    the march sales numbers are released tomorrow at 1PM Eastern... if you're really interested, you can dial in and listen to the conference call.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=F&script=414&layout=-6&it- - em_id=978380

i don't know if the april incentives will be announced here or not... but i can't imagine that those numbers would be very far behind.
  • grumblesdclowngrumblesdclown Member Posts: 20
    I get the RSS feed from Ford (it's on their website). Here's the URL it sends you to, but make sure to change it to YOUR zip code:

4/3-7/2 incentives
    wow. 1000 + 645 + 995 on GT auto's.... that's a pretty good deal.
    wait, scratch that... when you build a GT auto, it doesn't show all three rebates... they lie!
  • kulikuli Member Posts: 4
    there are no new incentives......
  • mparis1mparis1 Member Posts: 107
    Interested in this model.....any experiences...than :) ks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    While you're waiting, you might type "shelby" into the search box at the left. We have a few discussions floating around that are about this model specifically.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Here's a site that might interest you: http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=88
  • kulikuli Member Posts: 4
    Paid 20130 x plan for loaded pony package w/ leather, interior upgrade pkg, abs, v6 coupe.
  • foghorn2foghorn2 Member Posts: 8
    Why wait? Even though the incentives are the same, the deals are better. Bought a Red GT stick, charcoal leather, satin panels, IUP, side airbags, Shaker 500, tint, upgraded wheels/tires, 3.51 gear upgrade,wheel locks, active alarm upgrade for well below MSRP.

If you are in or around Vegas, I recommend Team Ford on Ann Road and Drexel. I shopped all 4 dealers here and even though they were the farthest, they had the best sales people. I had a problem with the tire pressure sensor and the people in the service department were so responsive and courteous. Best car buying experience I've had.
  • legion455legion455 Member Posts: 6
    yessir, ... I just got a great deal on a loaded GT, Red, Auto, Leather, etc, etc ... 30,295 msrp .... for ....
    same as D Plan,... $27,211 less $1000, less $645 = $25566!!!! which was a schweet deal for me I thought!

Question though about the FordVehicles site ... when you go there, build your vehicle and then search inventory near you, ... it shows most GT Autos as having THREE rebates ,,, $1000, $645, and $995 ... yet when I asked the dealer, they said there were only 2 onthe car!! ?????? Anyone know why this is????? the zipcode I used was 40508, and a Red GT Auto from Kain Ford, ... it shows 3 rebates!!

Something aint right,,,

take care
    Allen
    I think the third rebate applies to cars invoiced before last September. Ask your salesman to double-check.
    the dealers don't even know. its completely unclear as to what they're offering the consumer right now, and that doesn't exactly make me jump out of my seat and want to go buy the car. its either $1640 or $2640 (plus the $500 college grad rebate if you're eligible) in rebates, and that's a big difference. when you look at the ford site it says

retail customer cash $1000

PLUS

bonus customer cash $645

PLUS

bonus customer cash $995

with the obligatory legal... "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 7/2/2007. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details"

BUT THEN... go "build and price" an 07 GT automatic. At "Step 2" on the right hand side, under "payment details" it says Available incentives of Bonus Cust Cash -995 and retail cust cash -1000. So I'm thinking you only get two rebates.... but the story continues.... if you save the car to "my folder" and look at the summary price there, it shows all three rebates on the car. Confused yet?

I have not gone to a dealer and asked yet, but when you click on "show all offers" on a specific car, there is a box with six incentives in it: 1000 RCC + 645 BCC + 995 BCC which is immediately followed by a line w/APR incentives of 2.9-6.9% + 645 + 995. This leads me to believe that you can take one of the two options on a GT Automatic... all three rebates ($2640) or two of the rebates ($1640) plus the financing of your choice.

Does anyone know for sure???
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    40508 ZIP?

They used your third rebate to pay for Billy's new contract!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Ford Division is announcing Bonus Customer Cash, effective April 3, 2007.

NOTE:

- Vehicles that are invoiced prior to September 1, 2006 are eligible for $995 under Pgm#11364.

- Vehicles invoiced September 1, 2006 and forward are eligible for $645 under Pgm#11362.

- Pgm#11362 and Pgm#11364 are NOT compatible.

The the bonus cash is in addition to EITHER the $1,000 rebate or the reduced financing.

Mark.
  • crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    Hey all,

I've been looking to buy a 2007 GT Premium. The option I really want to add the is navigation system (around $2k extra, which is reasonable as far as Navs go).

However, I've been to a few dealers that didn't even know the car comes with Navigation!

Is this going to be an option that is going to be impossible to find? Or would it be possible to order the car with Nav and get it in a reasonable amount of time?

Just wondering if anyone out there has a Mustang with the Nav. Thanks a lot!
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Member Posts: 47
    Good question. I tried to configure a 2007 GT Premium Mustang using Ford's web site and the NAV option was NOT listed. Edmund's configurator DOES list it, however. I haven't seen this option on a Mustang.
    only optional on premium, not available with Shaker 1000, requires ABS on V6s.

Yes, no dealer is likely to order a Mustang with navigation for stock.

If you plan to order, act quickly. 08 Job 1 is in June!

Mark
    Mark - Thanks for clarifying the new rebates & other things. Btw, our car gets produced next week. We should be cruising in early May.
  • blackandblueblackandblue Member Posts: 66
    If you can find a pre 9/06 GT the base price is $26,455 and the auto option is $995. On the newer GT's the base price is $26,805 and the auto option is $645. If you do the math you can see they raised the base price $350 and lowered the auto $350. That is no change to the bottom line for the auto buyers (sorry stick shoppers). My advise is if you want an auto do a locate and view the stickers you can save by getting the older 2007 model. $350 lower sticker plus $350 higher rebate. In any event you get the auto for free plus the $1,000.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Gents:

Has anyone purchased a GT500 convertible? If so, do you have pricing info available? I haven't been able to find anything in this discussion on the GT500.

Thanks in advance.
    the Price is how ever little you can get a dealer to accept for one. Here in NJ dealers are asking 80k convertibles.
    80k? I think I'll just ignore my wife's ranting about four seats and buy the Corvette. Then I could take her on a round the world cruise with the change.
    Keep in mind that the Shelby is limited production. At only 7,500 or so per year thats like 0.04% of annual production.

Supply and Demand. Econ 101
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    7500 is still 7500, regardless of percentage..

That doesn't exactly make it rare, just hard to get right now.. If you are paying a $20K premium, you can be certain to lose large amounts of money when you sell it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ten years ago (1997 model year), Ford produced only 3088 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertibles. According to Edmunds Used Car Values, a fully loaded 97 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible in outstanding condition with only 5000 miles is worth all of $8,689.

While the Shelby and the SVT Cobra Convertible are not perfectly analogous, the SVT was Ford's rarest, hottest car that year. Assuming you paid nothing more than the $20k "market adjustment" the dealers are currently getting for the Shelby, you still would have lost more than half your investment.

Again, I realize that the Shelby is not the same as the SVT and might hold its value better, but dealers were charging more than MSRP for the SVT in 97 because supply and demand allowed it...While some suckers might be willing to pay 50% more than sticker price for a Shelby because of high demand, that doesn't make it a wise investment.

By the way, a run-of-the-mill 97 Vette is worth about twice as much as the pristine Mustang (and cost the original purchaser about the same).
  • piasonpiason Member Posts: 55
    You only get two of the rebates. If the car was built before 9/1/06 you get $1,000 + $995 = $1,995. If built after 9/1/06 you get $1,000 + $645 = $1,645. You do not get all three.
  • novellnovell Member Posts: 26
    Anyone hear what the July incentives will be for the Mustang GT's?
  • 1000hours1000hours Member Posts: 29
    Well, right now there's $1500 cash that we KNOW about not to mention hidden dealer cash. I'd expect in late July or August you'll be able to grab a 2007 Mustang around -$2000 from invoice. I'm in a holding pattern to see what the incentives will be as I'd like to get a base GT with an MT for under $23k.

Now then, next year at this time of the year there will be HUGE discounts on the 2008's cause in the 09MY there's going to be "new" engines under the hoods of the 6's and 8's.
    Their is an additional $645 for the auto, brining the rebates for me to $2145. Went to the dealer this past Thursday and couldnt agree on a price. I am in no rush, however I am having a hard time finding a loaded (Premium) GT Auto here in MD/Northern VA. They have the model I am looking at in Frederick MD, I just didnt think they were budging enough for me, time will tell. Good luck to you as well.
    Just wait till around the 3rd week of July... You'll see the dealers scrambling to get the 07's off of their lots to make room for the 08's.

I work in automotive and I was recently at the plant where the Dodge/Chrysler Caravan is built (1 of the 2 plants), and they are pumping out the 08's as we speak, and look at the discounts on the 07 Caravan... Monumental discounts! Just wait and be patient and you'll see even more discounts on the Mustang.
    I wound up buying a loaded Black/Red GT Auto today. Supplies for the Mustang I wanted (heavily optioned) were difficult to come by and didnt want an 07 to pass me by. Got 2.9 APR for 4 years and the $645 rebate. Wife aint crazy about it with 2 small kids but that us why we have the minivan. I am happy with the deal I got. With a grand down I am paying the same amount as my Accord. Cant wait for a long trip.
  • mbrownembrowne Member Posts: 3
    Central California. Got a stripped down '07 GT Deluxe for $700 below invoice. It's hard to find minimal options, and wanted my colors :) How bad a deal did I get?
    Sounds good to me, assuming you got the $1500 rebate as well. Holdback from what I read was 3% of MSRP.
    Its you that is going to be scrambling, to find what you are looking for. Ford is not having any trouble at the moment selling down 07s. At my dealership we take all we are allocated and ask for more. At this moment, we won't receive our first 08 Mustang until end of July and the second won't be until August.

We might run out of 07s. Worry about finding your dream options/colors first. Then worry about the deal. You chase the deal and you might not get the car you want.

I'm not saying you should pay sticker price but don't think this is like employee pricing 2 years ago when dealers were begging for someone to buy a car.

IMHO, the best way to get a deal is to use one of the websites that will connect you with a Ford employee who can get an "Friends and Family" X-plan pin for you.

X-plan is around $50 or slightly more below invoice plus you get any rebates, dealer cash, and/or financing that is out there and you save on the documentation fee.

X-plan might be a price you could get to on your own after hours of negotiation. But think of the convenience of walking into a dealer and getting a great deal right off the bat.

Mark.
    I'd recommend giving thought to Mark's advice. His help came in handy when I ordered mine (GT convt 5spd w/ polished rims, ...) in March. Got it w/in 7 weeks for invoice and also got a $1000 rebate. Spent very little time w/ the salesman, mostly via phone & email, but nevertheless had an enjoyable experience dealing with him.

Also, from my perspective, don't overlook the value of time. The past couple months with a GT droptop have been really cool. That's gotta be worth something.
  • mikep8mikep8 Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer for a V6 Coupe w/ Auto/Pony/Int Upgrade Pkg/ABS/Side Airbags for $23K OTD, what's the best guess as to whether this number will go down at all next month?

Thanks.
    With the 08's coming to dealers shortly, My guess is the most they will come down is another $500 or have even lower financing extended past 36 months at zero. What color? You going to take the rebates or financing? I got my 07 GT Auto last week and have been enjoying it. If you feel like it is a good deal then do it.
    $2,000 rebate or low financing!

Mark.
    At first I was going to say that was way too much, but after going over the numbers and options, that's not too bad a deal after all. Those options sure do add up to a lot... You're almost inside a base GT model price range there. I also thought the Pony Package came with ABS as standard, but I guess not...

All I know is that I see a lot of Mustangs sitting on dealer lots and as August gets closer, deals will get better by default.

Personally, I am going to wait it out since in my area there are lots of 'stangs on the lots around here. Even if I had to drive a couple of hours to get the car I want and at a great price, then fine, I'll take a day off from work and make it a fun experience.
  • dodohyydodohyy Member Posts: 1
    How do you find the 2000 rebate? I only see a 1500 rebate. Thanks!
    Pony included abs only in 2006. ABS was broken out for 2007.

Rebates are by zipcode, your region might be less.

Mark.
  • busricbusric Member Posts: 8
    Wow, everyone here is talking new Stangs and here I am having just bought my first Stang ever and it's a '95GT. I feel pretty good about it though since it's my best cousin's car and he collects them. Has 14451 miles original miles and never been driven in snow or rain and always stored in his huge stable. He bought an '06 GTO and I mentioned him selling me his Stang last summer and got a call 3 months ago with him offering it to me only for $5K. I think I just got me a steal since I have driven the car and it's like showroom condition. Now to decide whether to keep it or sell it again. Bet I keep it after the drive from Montana to Texas. ;)
  • joyrider147joyrider147 Member Posts: 69
    Why are Mustangs being sold at relatively low mileage at dirt cheap prices? What is wrong with these cars that they're being sold this fast? Is it 10 years later and the fall apart?Is it because they require alot more maintenance than usual? Do people actually not like the older models and would rather have a 2005 and up version? What do you look for in a Mustang to tell if some stupid kid had the car to destroy it doing donuts in a parking lot?

What is it like living with this car? Do you get pulled over more becuase its a high-performance car? It is more likely to get stolen because its a sports car and might not have as good a security system as Audi or BMW? Can anybody who has either a used '95 or so Mustang and one made in '99 and up- what's the insurance rates for that car?

Which mustang with the v8 or the v6 is harder to pass emissions inspections? What can be done to the car to make it pass emissions? What can happen to an 8 year old Mustang that can drastically affect the car's performance for the worst?

Why are Ford owners properly maintaining THESE cars only to sell the at 80,000 miles when they beat the crap out of other cars, put high mileage on them, and then sell them "as is?"
  • busricbusric Member Posts: 8
    OK, got the beast home. Runs like new and still has the new car smell BUT, I hit a small bump and the rear end bottoms out totally. I mean really bad. I have had opinions from "bad shocks" to "bad springs" and another one "they all ride like that". I need some serious advice on this issue. Personally I think it's the shocks that have gone bad from sitting so much over the years (14,412 original miles) and have lost their umphh.

Email me some serious advice to [email protected] so I can get past this issue. Other than this one issue, the car runs and looks like brand new.
    As any 9th grader should be able to tell you, the price of any merchandise is determined by supply and demand. Ford has sold between 140,000 and 180,000 Mustangs per year going on 10 years now. Thats a lot of cars!

For comparison, Mercedes Benz only sold about 240,000 units all models combined in 2006.

Mark.
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    2007 GT Convertible approx $34000 sticker. I'm figuring less $2500 to get to invoice, less $2000 rebate, another $500 discount, 3% holdback...plus it's an 07, its end of year, it's a convertible and it's winter, etc.

Can this car be had for $28000? If not, where do I start?

I'm in Philadelphia area.

Thanks.
    $28,000 sound pretty close man.

Mark.
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Member Posts: 47
    If I couldn't get an '07 GT Premium Conv with $34K MSRP for $28K (or less) plus TTL, I would try to deal for an '08 instead. First, according to Edmunds.com, a new '07 GT Premium conv with "typical" options lists for $34,035 and while the TMV after incentives would be $30,558, you should checkout what you could SELL the same vehicle for because this vehicle is one year old already. Even with only 1 mile and in "outstanding" condition, a "used" '07 GT Prem conv with "typical" equipment would have a private party value of only $26,153 (again according to Edmunds.com).
    Again, using Edmunds.com to get the TMV of an '08 GT Prem conv with typical equipment, list $34,180 and TMV after incentives is $31,576.
    At least, that's my 2 cents.