Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Saab 9-2X Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• Options
    KicKMan1KicKMan1 Member Posts: 45
    It's possible--possible--that GM may follow DaimlerChrysler by offering the employee pricing beginning in July.
  • Options
    tac379tac379 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Could you provide me the money factor and residuals on an '06 9-2x Aero. I'm looking for 12K and 15K miles, as well as 2 and 3 years.

Thanks!

Tom
  • Options
    angy168angy168 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Tom,

What is the price you can get for your '06 9-2x Aero? in what area?
  • Options
    tac379tac379 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Angy,

The one I was going to look at is a 2006 Aero with cold weather, leather, and sport packages, as well as a sunroof. It's also a 5 speed manual. MSRP is 32,xxx. They have it advertised on their website for 26,850, which is almost $4,000 off invoice. Unfortunately, they are saying you can't have the $4,000 off as well as 0%. Also, the lease numbers they quoted me were "about" 7% interest (.0029 or so money factor) and a 47% residual for 3 years (didn't say the mileage). I calculated about 450 a month on a 3 year lease given all those numbers. No thanks.

From everything I've read and been told, there basically is no lease program at all on the car right now. Only way I'd buy is if I could combine the cash back and the 0%, but since that ain't happenin', I'm on to the next car ;)
  • Options
    goodshopper99goodshopper99 Member Posts: 19
    There is 72 month 0% financing, so combine the $4000 rebate + 0% APR/72 mo + buy at invoice.
  • Options
    gilbynziggygilbynziggy Member Posts: 6
    okay, the car you mentioned is the car i test drove.
    holy crap did that car rock! it was a bit stiff (from a cavalier driver's prospective...) but i absolutely loved the car. my only issues were its price 24k (i'm in iowa so it's cheap) and that it was going to be discontinued after next year.
    yes, it will make it a rare car but i want a car that is still in production. i looked at the subaru impreza WRX and it okay great. obviously it handled the same, but the Saab had such a more refined interior.
    also, it doesn't help since i found out that i can't lease a vehicle since i am required by state to have high-risk insurance, (so i speed, cars are built to go fast and i've never been in an accident) so i'm king of at a stand still. now i have to BUY a car, and my cavy doesn't run anymore.
    pretty much all i have left on the market (in my specifications and price range) are the rio5, xA, Insight (what i'll probably get), or Forenza Wagon (the reno extremely sucks and i need my space and a sunroof). anyone else in the same situation?
    from,
    --Rob.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Tom. Unfortunately, for some reason Saab is not running a special lease program on the 9-2X any longer. That means if you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank. sorry that I could not be of more help with this aspect of your deal. I can tell you that Saab is currently providing $4,000 customer cash on the 9-2X. If you lease this car through an independent bank, make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating its capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

I have a internet price quote of 2006 Saab Aero 9-2X Aero five speed for $22,500 + TTL ($5000 off sticker). It's a silver five speed Aero with no other options. They also offered a fully loaded 9-2X Linear (sunroof, sport, and cold package) for the same price. Is this a good deal? Personally, if either of these cars were $21,000, I would be all over it right now...I think $22,500 is alittel high.

Also, are there any special financing rates available on 9-2X right now?

Any comments would be appreciated.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
This discussion has been closed.