Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    grusongruson Member Posts: 17
    Where did you see the 8-10k off in Texas? Just curious which dealers are offering that since I am looking right now for an LTZ or LT3.

Edit - looks like Ray Huffines is having some nice deals. Advertising 7-10k off so you could probably even get a bit more.

I am curious to see what others are paying for LT3s LTZs with sunroofs, DVD, and Navi.

Is now the best time or should we wait another month...May?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    grusongruson Member Posts: 17
    After reading this thread, it looks like I should be able to easily get $10-12k off an LTZ that has an MSRP of around $50k.

I am going to shoot for $38k since gas prices are still rising and most dealerships around here in Dallas have a LOT of Tahoes sitting on the lot.

I know some people here have bought from dealerships around Texas so please feel free to email me if you know which ones will work with me more than others. I believe one in Grand Prairie will?

Thanks!
  • Options
    five04tluvfive04tluv Member Posts: 9
    I'm in Austin, just saw the deals on the Tahoe. Looking to update from 03 LT. I paid 500 over invoice and got 1.9 /60m back in 03. Can I look for the same deal on an 08 getting 10-12K off plus the special finance rate?
  • Options
    hillerkhillerk Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2008 3lt tahoe which is loaded. It is an executive driven car with 15000 miles. I am looking at an offer of 33500. Is this a good deal.
  • Options
    jjohnson7jjohnson7 Member Posts: 1
    Almost the same thing happened to me. I should have looked it over, but on my contract they added an extra grand for accessories that I never recieved. Also had problems with my trade in and they tried to change the trade in allowance. What a horrible business. I am sad that I ever went there. They try to use intimidation so much than they try to add unknown things on the financing. The finance guy didn't even go over the interest rate with me on the final review, what kind of shady business is this. Please never go to Thorobred Chevrolet. Horrible experience. :mad:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

You should write a review about it. Check out Dealer Ratings & Reviews, and tell other CarSpace.com members about your dealer.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    five04tluvfive04tluv Member Posts: 9
    I did visit a dealer after my thread. I called the internet department and told them what I needed on my trade and what I'd pay for the Tahoe. The MSRP was ~50,420 and they offered it at 43,711 + TTL. but they low-balled my trade. They were almost 3K under invoice (according to Edmunds) right from the start. But would not budge any more, so I walked.
  • Options
    briroganbrirogan Member Posts: 17
    I am looking into buying an '07 Tahoe with about 30k miles, I would like some input on what is a good offering price? :confuse:

Thanks!
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    I am looking into buying an '07 Tahoe with about 30k miles, I would like some input on what is a good offering price?
    Look up online the LOW book value and offer a couple thousand less. SUVs right now are just sitting on dealers lots. And 30K miles is a lot for an '07. Right now I think a dealer would take just about any offer on a high miles SUV.
  • Options
    briroganbrirogan Member Posts: 17
    Thanks! 20k seems reasonable to me. :D I'm in sales so they will not be getting one over on me.
  • Options
    lbt1lbt1 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a new Tahoe LTZ. Sticker price $53,270. I paid $40,300.
    I was considering the Sequoia Platinum but I couldn't justify the addtl. cost.
    The Tahoe seemed like a good deal. Good experience with Jim Ellis Chevy in Atlanta.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Great price! Was this a clean deal without trade-in?
  • Options
    Yes, this was a clean purchase without a trade in. It seemed like a good price, but one never knows. I hope it was.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large newswire would like to speak with consumers who purchased a truck or SUV in the past couple of months and received a good deal as demand was low because of gas prices. If you just purchased a truck or SUV recently, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, August 25th.
  • Options
    toddandregtoddandreg Member Posts: 6
    Im in Dallas and just got a quote for $38,786 on a black 2008 LTZ with sun/entertainment/DVD package. This price takes into account the recently announced GM employee pricing and the $5k rebate. Seems like a good price given that Edmunds lists this car/package at MSRP of $51,625 and invoice of $46,123. What are others paying these days for LTZ with these options? Wondering how low dealers are willing to go given low sales/high inventories...particularly in TX. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    schultsjschultsj Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2008 Tahoe hybrid, 2wd, rear dvd for 40980. This price includes employee pricing, 5k rebate plus additional 1k off . It does not include trade or TTL. The drive to Chandler Chevy in Madison, IN was worth it.
    We feel this is an outstanding deal considering one month ago it may have been 12k more.
  • Options
    stukdogstukdog Member Posts: 1
    Since it's been so long for a post to be written in this section, I thought I'd write an update of my own.

I was able to get an LT3 priced $12k below MSRP here in Las Vegas. MSRP was $47635 and after haggling, I had it down to $35,400. I ended up not going for the Tahoe though.
  • Options
    bbcc26bbcc26 Member Posts: 7
    i'm look to purchase a 08 Tahoe LT1. now there is the redtag/rebate going on. so far, the online quotes i received were $6500 rebate off the "below" redtag price of $38,088. the MSRP was at $40,981 with options like Sun Roof, Remote Start, Boss speaker system.

does anyone have any idea if that is a good buy? am located at southern cali.

thanks.
  • Options
    4x44x4 Member Posts: 114
    I dont think its that great of a price..basically the supplier price is 150 over invoice...i have always bought my vehicles for 300 under invoice even when times were good.....so i think your dealer is playing the same game as my dealer....acting like its a great deal but if anyone can walk in off the street and get that price then its not that great of a deal
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice. I will shop around for more pricings.
  • Options
    methodicalmethodical Member Posts: 3
    For those looking for a deal on Tahoes/Suburbans, my recent post on a Yukon Denali might be of help.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef17d2f/162
  • Options
    gallihergalliher Member Posts: 1
    bad buy.we purchased a 08 LT3 Suburban in late november that had a sticker of $48,885 for $36,994.if anyone is looking for a chevy vehicle near raleigh nc we had a good experience at hendrick chevrolet in cary.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    We have 3 small boys, a dog and seem to always have a bunch of gear on trips. We have never been SUV people, always foreign wagons. We rented a Suburban last summer on a trip and I love it. The gas mileage was better than expected, managing the right foot and the cylinder de activation on the highway makes a huge difference.

Now our lease on our volvo wagon is close to coming to an end. I am thinking Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon XL. What should we truly be paying? Is a 2009 better than a 2008? The 2009 do have the 6 speed, that has to help highway miles.

Any advice to a SUV rookie would be appreciated.
  • Options
    khager2057khager2057 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to play a movie DVD in the 2005 Tahoe Navigation DVD Player?
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Not if it's like the NBS nav system. You need to have a separate DVD player to view that content.
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban, but I'd have to save a big pile of money to buy one over an Acadia or Traverse. The A/T are lighter, quicker, roomier, and more efficient than the T/Y/S.

You didn't say how young your boys are, but if they're still in car seats, then the Tahoe and Yukon could be less than ideal. If you must use all three rows, there is very limited space behind the third row. You can actually fit a jog stroller or suitcases behind the third row of the Acadia and traverse--generally not true of the T/Y. The Suburban will fit everything, but it's still less convenient than the A/T. If you want to haul cargo (like after your weekly Costco, Home Depot, or Ikea run), the rear two rows fold flat in the A/T while you must remove seats from the Sub to use the entire space. Also consider ease of entry to the third row. On the rare(?) occasions you need to tow something, the T/Y/S will drag much more than the A/T, but at a 5200lb tow rating you could still tow smaller boats and trailers.

2008 vs. 2009: the T/Y/S are pretty sluggish with the 4-speed auto and the 2008 is going to take a BIG depreciation hit. If I were buying one, I'd wait for the prices on 09 models to come down--unless I got a screaming deal on an 08 and then I'd buy the Denali with 6.2L engine and 6 speed (both standard). The biggest difference between the 08 vs 09 Acadia is a switch to direct injection--good for 13 hp.

My local dealer is offering $15k off any 2008 Yukon with $18k off Denalis. You can probably still do better than that...
  • Options
    hillerkhillerk Member Posts: 2
    This site was listed on onther post that may give you some options
    http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm
  • Options
    texastigertexastiger Member Posts: 4
    I am currently in looking at 2009 Tahoes, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and was hoping someone who recently bought a 2009 Tahoe would share their buying expericence. I have received 4 price quotes from dealers who have made no real effort to aggresively discount a Tahoe.

Any buying advice would help, because I am becoming increasingly frustrated. After seeing the rebates and incentives for the 2008s, the current ecomonic situation, I was hoping at least one dealer would be willing to offer a substantial discount.

Historically when do dealers begin reducing prices, in the summer? Thank you in advance for any responses.
  • Options
    I'm amazed that Chevy dealers aren't pushing their products harder. GM is near bankruptcy and the dealers will go right down with them. Personally, I'd do whatever it took to sell every SUV on my lot before gas prices spike again...
  • Options
    thank you for feedback. it is clear to me after looking at all of them the suburban or yukon xl is the clear winner for room. second row captain's chairs make it easy access for us to the third row. we rented a suburban in august and love it.

now we are looking to get the best deal on a 2009 suburban or yukon xl.

feedback on what we should be expecting on pricing would be appreciated.
  • Options
    anyone had soem pricing experience in the last few weeks? Seems like alot of inventory but advertised discounts in my area have remained the same. I am surprise Chevy hasn't coem up with something else to entice us.
  • Options
    CaChevyDlrCaChevyDlr Member Posts: 2
    What area are you in? In northern CA 2008 Tahoes are 10K off MSRP.
  • Options
    We are in Southern Cal. Local dealers have been offering around 10k off since early January aorund here. Inventory is still high, not sure how LOW they will go.
  • Options
    goheels1goheels1 Member Posts: 1
    im looking at a 2006 tahoe in wake forest north carolina,with 40700 miles the asking price is 24700.
    what would be a good starting price to offer
    thanks for any an all help.
  • Options
    intotheohintotheoh Member Posts: 10
    Here is the offer I have from a dealership on a 2wd LT1 - last 2008 on the lot

Black ext
    Black cloth int
    2wd
    100 miles on the clock
    sun roof/rails
    dual climate
    bose
    remote start

Asking:

Dealer Offer: 35,555
    "Rebate": 7,0000

Offer price: $28,555+TTL

Am out of line for thinking its worth about 24K?
  • Options
    If you don't mind the cloth seats I think $28,555 is a good offer.
  • Options
    dealsearcher77dealsearcher77 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all,

Just bought a white LTZ 4x4 w/Nav, RES, moonroof, backupcam, heavy duty tow for $50k w/ 0% before TTL. Sticker was right about $57k

We thought we could get down in the $40s but no one would budge. This is in Northern CA. We only found one dealer willing to come down this low, the rest were stuck at $52, so we took this deal when we found the exact vehicle we wanted.

How's everyone else doin out there? We're curious to see what the April deals are once the tax and vehicle fees go up.
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Shoulda got black, cuz they're soon going to be illegal out there. ;)

Sounds like a good deal w/ the 0%. :D
  • Options
    lts1lts1 Member Posts: 1
    i just got a quote for a 2009 tahoe at the following terms - anyone seen a better deal?

LT2 Tahoe + 2nd row buckets
    $40,100 invoice
    $38,250 sales price
    -$7,000 rebates
    $31,250 final price
  • Options
    The previous post has a much better deal but this is the best offer I have received.

2009 Tahoe LT1

Sticker $39,030
    Invoice $37,335
    Rebate $-4000
    Price $33,335
  • Options
    By "$40,100 invoice" did you mean MSRP or actual invoice?
  • Options
    mcloughkdmcloughkd Member Posts: 3
    Where are you located? I am interested in getting a Tahoe with those same features, but couldnt get below 40,000. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi All,
    I am potentially in the market to buy a 2009 Tahoe. Spent today at a dealership getting a feel for all the models. They are telling me I am getting a great deal, but after reading some of the offers posted in the past month I am getting ripped! Help me out! If you happen to also be looking No. Va please let me know, maybe we can band together and really get a good deal on a Tahoe in the area.

Today I was offered on a 2LT:

40,433.85 for the car (black ext and int)
    PCJ Sun & Entertainment package (nav, xm w/ traffic nav, rearview camera 3975.00
    20" wheels 1489.85
    Bose System 415.00
    bench row on 2nd row (kinda want the 2nd row bucket seats)

The sheet I have shows invoice amt as 45129.85. MSRP is 51,325. They offered it to me for 42,000.
    Seems like a rip off based on the post from March 30th, who got an LT2 at 31,500. Anyways, glad to hear what others are getting. Thanks.
  • Options
    I finally purchased a 2009 Tahoe LT1, w/ convenience package, and upgraded stereo (6 disc changer) last Saturday. The previous Friday was spent at two other dealer lots receiving offers in the mid 34k range. The pricing i received on the Tahoe I eventually bought is below. Plus the selling dealership gave me more for my trade and better financing than the other two dealerships.

MSRP - $41,120
    Invoice - $38,752
    Sales price - $36,599
    Rebate - $3,000
    Final - $33,599

All in all I still feel like this was a good deal, and isnt that the point, thinking you received a good deal. I live in North Texas so for anyone in the area looking keep at it, and good luck.

By the way the rear view camera with mirror display is NICE.
  • Options
    ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    Hello all. I am looking at taking the 0% financing (nothing like free money) but have only received a slight discount below Invoice because they are holding to the premise that the 0% cannot be combined with the cash back and rebates. Anyone getting a better? thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I am getting the same thing. On average it is currently below $10,000 on MSRP and about $3000-$4000 less on the invoice.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford, GM or Hyundai vehicle due to the owner protection plans. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Monday, April 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    walb0034walb0034 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get the quote on an LT2 for $31,250? I'd pay for the transport to NY if I could find that deal.
  • Options
    ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    My guess is this car is RWD only...not sure you want that in NY.