Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    tuthmantuthman Member Posts: 15
    I paid 48,000 for loaded only missing Sat radio. Sticker was 51,277.

BTW I LOVE the Glacier Frost color!!
    It has the ash interior and black bird wood. Love it!

I live in Phoenix area.
  • Options
    novice150novice150 Member Posts: 4
    Any recommendations for dealers and sales person for a GS350 purchase in Central Florida (Orlando)? And any buying experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    rollwaverollwave Member Posts: 2
    I am buying a GS 350 RWD for my wife. She is set on buying a White car with the cashmere interior. As you can imagine, this particular combo is hard to come by. The wife is not too excited about having to special order this vehicle and wait 4 months. I got a call from the dealership today and they have a demo car (that an owner of a nearby/brother dealership has been driving)that meets the criteria that the wife is looking for. It is a gs 350 rwd loaded with the Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio System Package. This car has 2500 miles on it. The dealership also agreed to throw in XM radio at no charge. They want $52,000 OTD (tax, title, etc INCLUDED). Is this a reasonable price or not? Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    What is the price before tax, title, etc?
    Remember the car is now considered a pre-owned car.
    The GS depreciates quite a bit after its first year.
  • Options
    myerslawmyerslaw Member Posts: 21
    Rollwave, I just purchased a GS350 RWD, loaded with Levinson package - can only get with summer tires/19" wheels package added. sticker about 51,800. Price more than 4,000 less than your quote. Bought my wife's RX330 there 4 years ago -- also 2,000 less than the 2,000 off my local dealer quoted. Go to Lexus of Westminster, CA. Good place. They are #3 in volume in Western Region -- very few of the usual annoying games. I recommend the dealership to anyone interested in Lexus.
  • Options
    hausshauss Member Posts: 169
    Since it's a demo I'd guess it has more than 1000 miles on it. Is that so? They are basically offering you the car at sticker and just not charging you for the TTL. Depending on the miles on the car I'd say a fair price would be more like $46,000 OTD.
  • Options
    rollwaverollwave Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guys. I decided to special order a new gs rwd 350. I got a loaded gs 350 with the ml audio package for 48500 plus ttl. I thought that was fair. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    rollwave, congratulations. I think you got a very good price for a loaded GS.

I just put a deposit down on one for my fiance today. Smokey Granite Mica / Black with Navi. I'm going with a lease as she drives very few miles and is going to want a new "toy" in a few years. I negotiated a sales price of $44,311, a money factor of 0.00225, 52% residual, and $0 cap cost reduction, for a monthly payment of $740. I felt I could do better but after contacting 11 other dealers in neighboring states and the other 4 dealers in Atlanta not one of them could beat the deal. 3 of them wrote me back immediately and told me I had a "great deal" and to "enjoy the car". Plus, we were able to get our color combination preference. It's reaching the port of Jacksonville on the 19th of this month and I'll take delivery about week afterward.
  • Options
    hnathoohnathoo Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to choose between an ES and GS. Currently customers have been able to achieve discounts of around $4k on the ES. With that being said, shouldn't we be able to expect similar discount if not more on the GS? The ES is a new body style for 07' AND it has an MSRP of about $10k less. Based on percentages, if you receive $4k off a $40k car, shouldn't you expect to receive $5k off a $50k car? Am I too optimistic to think I can get $4.5k - $5k off sticker on a GS350RWD base? Any input would be appreciated.
  • Options
    shenghshengh Member Posts: 29
    if you can get that much discount on a GS350, take it and run!!! You're comparing 2 very different cars - have you had a chance to drive both?

There are many more ES350s produced than GS350s.
  • Options
    tocapallatocapalla Member Posts: 16
    Hi everyone! Would ya'll please tell me where you are getting the Invoice prices? When researching the ES350 and GS350, Edmunds shows N/A. Is there a percentage off the MSRP? Also, has anyone used D&M leasing in the Dallas area? I am thinking of using them since my town does not have a Lexus dealership and there is only 1 within a 200 mile radius, and they are not willing to deal. THANKS in advance.
  • Options
    I got my information on the invoice pricing from Consumer Reports and Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com). Both had the invoice listed at $38,851 for the base model. On CR I purchased the New Car Buying Kit for like $35 to understand what the holdback was and what the invoice pricing was for all teh options but it's spot on with kbb.com. Look there for more info.

I will tell you, however, that my dealer claimed the figures I had for the invoice were not correct. He showed me his invoice price for the vehicle and it was about $1500 more than what I had. I didn't get to see an actual invoice but he showed me on his inventory system. Who knows if that is doctored up or not. So, work your deal with the figures from CR and kbb.com and let the dealer worry about what he claims to truly have paid for the vehicle.
  • Options
    Try cars.com
  • Options
    tocapallatocapalla Member Posts: 16
    THANKS everyone! I got them from kbb. Wow, there sure are some spreads between the MSRP and invoice prices, especially with the ES. I talked to the leasing company today, told them what I wanted, and will see what they come up with. Hope they can save me some money. Like I said, there is only 1 dealer within 200 miles of here, and they just laugh at you when you ask for anything below list. They told me they were selling every car that they could get--most ABOVE list. I know this is a bunch of bull, but I do not care to justify their snootiness. Anyway, thanks again for all the help. Hope to be coming back shortly with some decent proposals for ya'll to scrutinize with me.
  • Options
    used2lovelexoused2lovelexo Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2006 GS 430 December 06 for $51,000 fully loaded. My experience has been horrible, the car was promised to e safe but the USA today and consumer reports both state that this GS model brings down the Lexus overall ranking as top safety car due to body integrity and other sub-standard features. I wanted to upgrade to one of the safer models and Lexus gave me the cold shoulder.
  • Options
    jplikeslexusjplikeslexus Member Posts: 3
    Hi Hauss and all,

How much was the dealer holdback listed at CR? What was the %? I am targeting something below invoice and that heavily depends on the holdback %.

I am trying to put a deposit either today or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    The holdback is $883. Good luck and let us know what deal you get.
  • Options
    Hauss, thanks so much for your quick reply :)

I will definitely report back when I seal the deal!

One additional question:

Did anyone purchase a 7 year/100k extended warranty? I looked up a quote on the web, and it looks like a bumper to bumper including all electronics should be around 2100 for a 0 deductible, but one dealer said he could go a few hundred below this.

Anyone care to offer what they paid for their extended warranty?

Once again, thanks in advance.
  • Options
    ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    hi can any1 tell me how good is the gs class, and when is the next gen coming
  • Options
    Bought my 7yr/100k $0 deductible for my GS350 for $1850.
    They offered me $2400 but I showed them the on-line price.
    They matched it. Bumper to bumper.
  • Options
    kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    tell me what year and model you have and I have gotten/referred people who have gotten lower
    prices on their Authorized Lexus Warranty's- all I ask
    is if I say you $$$- you send me at least one Ben Franklin!

Tell me what mileage and deductible policy you want?

Ken
    San Pedro, CA
  • Options
    ms09, I'm not sure when the next generation of GS is coming along but this generation is only in it's 2nd year. The previous generation was around for 8 model years so I don't think Lexus will redesign this vehicle any time soon.

I think the car is one of the best in it's class but a lot of that depends on what you're looking for. What is it you're looking for and maybe I can give you some guidance. Let me know.
  • Options
    Chuck! Thanks :)

Hi Ken

2007 GS350
    7 year 100k
    0 deductible

Based on Chuck's info and extrapolation from other warranties from toyota/lexus, I am shooting for $1500-1700. Will be negotiating when I purchase my car of course.
  • Options
    kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    Hi Chuck...

Sorry for not replying but I neglected to sign on for a few days.

But I have emailed a contact and I should get pricing in a day or so at latest for the Lexus 2007 GS350 RWD... 7 Yr/100K... Zero Deductible.

I think $1600 is in a realistic range but I will know better by Monday evening. :)

I hope to save you $$$ and then get at least one Ben Franklin from you for my assistance.

Ken
    San Pedro, CA
  • Options
    bdvlsbdvls Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $47,460 in Dallas for a GS with navigation; seemed much higher than what I was seeing on-line. Does anyone have a recent example of what they were either offered or paid for a 2007 GS?

Thanks
    Brian
  • Options
    What's the sticker on the car? $48,997? I got this model with navi (same MSRP as stated here) for a sales price of $44,311. It was above invoice but I couldn't find better from 15 different dealers across my state and neighboring states. You can do better than that price they are quoting you.
  • Options
    singhumdsinghumd Member Posts: 4
    wow what a great price..the best I am getting quoted in the Northern VA is 45,900 for a GS AWD w/ NAVI. Can you please tell me if that is a good price? Also, bdvls can you tell me what dealership and location gave you that awesome price? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    singhumd, the price I quoted was for a RWD model. I believe the AWD models are a little higher cost. What's the sticker on what you're looking at?
  • Options
    sticker was 49,262 + 700 destination charge. These Northern VA dealers....all a big hassle no one wants to give a good deal around here :)
  • Options
    gvr4wdgvr4wd Member Posts: 23
    Could you tell me what dealer quoted $45,900? I'm shopping for GS350 AWD in DC Area (mainly in MD) and the best I've got so far is $47,600 which is $2500 off of MSRP.
  • Options
    Hey, Pohanka Lexus (which I heard was a bad dealership) quoted me 45,900. What color/interior were you looking for. Maybe we could get a better deal if we buy together :).

Sonny
  • Options
    Well, based on that MSRP, I think a better deal is possible but the deal they offered you is not atrocious either.
  • Options
    I forgot to add that my quote includes destination. Is yours include destination?
  • Options
    donkey3donkey3 Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking at buying a GS350 in the DC area. The best quote I got so far was
    Total MSRP** $52,067.00
    Internet Price: $49,500.00

w/the following
    Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio System Package with Additional Options
    - Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Audio System Package
    - Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - Intuitive Parking Assist
    - Ventilated front seats
    - Rear spoiler
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)
  • Options
    Dealers start getting the GS350s now.
    You should do better than $49500.
    I paid mine for $48500 last Oct. Same options.
  • Options
    r9973r9973 Member Posts: 14
    I am getting an internet pricing of $45750 (MSRP 50497) from one of the dealers in Seattle. Invoice is $44263 less $883 dealer holdback = $43380.

Anyone know how much do the dealers get as the wholesale financial reserve from Lexus?

Thoughts on the price? GS 350 AWD with Nav + a bunch of other options.
  • Options
    Picked up a GS350 AWD with Nav+bunch of options for $45428 +tax/title from Lexus of Portland. Invoice was $44263 less $883 dealer holdback = $43380. MSRP was $50497. None of the seattle area dealers would match the deal. The guy I worked with was excellent, ready to negotiate, let me know if anyone needs his name, highly recommend him.
  • Options
    fredrickkfredrickk Member Posts: 9
    I, literally, just got back from Longo Toyota/Scion/Lexus at El Monte, CA. I wanted to get a GS350 w/ NAV but NO ML sound. I got a quote from a sales guy:

$5500 out the door
    $798/month
    4 year/60k lease

The price of the car is about $48k before Tax/License/etc. Does this even sound right? I'm have the down. Heck, I can do a little better on the down. But, almost $8 bills a month on a GS? :mad:
  • Options
    I have been considering a lease as well. Based on the information I've gathered, my payment would be less than $800 with no money down on similar equipped car. Leasing is pretty much like buying. When they charge you more, they make more money. Read more at the GS leasing forum.

The bottom line is your deal is not very attractive. The price of the car seems like full MSRP as well.
  • Options
    eln001eln001 Member Posts: 32
    Which dealers around the country, and in particular the Chicagoland area, have the best prices for the GS 350 AWD with Navi + options? Please identify the dealer's name, city, and state, and the purchase price.
  • Options
    zman14zman14 Member Posts: 1
    Please send the contact info on Portland sales rep........what options did you have on the unit?
    user284091@aol.com

Thanx
  • Options
    Ken, can you let me know the pricing for extended warranty for 7yr / 100K / zero deductible for 2007 GS 350 AWD? You can email me on r9973 at yahoo dot com.
  • Options
    sandynsandyn Member Posts: 1
    The dealer here is quoting me msrp $48,997.00 for the following:

2007 LEXUS GS350
    RWD
    navigation system
    summer tire w/18" wheel & spare
    power rear sunshade
    ventilated front seats
    rear spoiler
    wheel locks/trunk mat/cargo net

What should I be paying? OTD? Any advices will do.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    joekim01joekim01 Member Posts: 9
    Here is what I was able to negotiate in So Cal Lexus Dealer for GS350 RWD Silver Ext w/ following options.
    - Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera
    - 18-in summer tires with spare
    - Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - Ventilated front seats
    - Rear spoiler
    - Power rear-window sunshade
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

MSRP $48,997
    Purchase Price $43,988
    Doc Fee $45
    Tire Fee $10

This price is from Santa Monica Lexus & Westminster Lexus internet dept. was willing to match it. I'm told smaller Lexus dealer needs to sell min. 150 new vehicles a month to keep their dealership. So I'm planning on calling few more dealers to see if I can get lower. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    tlouietlouie Member Posts: 20
    I stopped at BayRidge Lexus in NYC to look at the 2007 GS350 AWD , they only had one on showroom floor and was not able to let me test drive vehicle. Salesperson told me that production was slowed for unknown reason and he thinks that is because the 2008 models might change and will know better in 2 months & Because of demand pricing discount was only $1000 of MSRP. Personally I think he was pulling my chain, is it possible Lexus would change model after only 2 years just after upgrading engine to 3.5 ? And is pricing really that tight? Does anyone have experience or can shed some light on this?
  • Options
    caoyijiancaoyijian Member Posts: 16
    You should try dealerships in LI,Rallye, Massapequa and Rockville Centre. There are a few of them in Rallye Lexus about a few weeks ago.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Your dealer was pulling your chain.
    There are so many GS350s AWD with or without
    ML option in the Boston area comparing with
    last October. They may have a bit hard time
    selling the GS now because of the premium gas
    price.
    But the popular color does not sit long in the lot.

Check out the inventory at these two dealers:
    http://lexusofdanvers.cms.dealer.com/index.htm?bhcp=1
    www.herbchamber.com

I bought mine with $3200 off MSRP (of $52067)
    when the inventory was low. You could do better now.

Good luck.
  • Options
    mcs19mcs19 Member Posts: 14
    I got a price of around $46,000 in NJ for a 2007 GS 350 with an MSRP of slightly over $50,000. Is this good. I feel that I can do much better, but the salesman is telling me the car is really hot (I just don't see it). I'd like to go under 45,000 (to avoid extra tax). Is this doable?

Also, what anticipated changes are there for 2008? Should I wait?
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    I'm trying to decide whether to wait for the '08s. Any significant changes proposed? When will'08s arrive?

Anyone know current pricing for GS350 w/ Nav and vent. seats? With a sufficient discount I'd go for the '07.

Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    snuggy3814snuggy3814 Member Posts: 3
    I am also in search of a GS350 AWD in Utah. In talking with a local saleman there were only a few minor changes to the "08" vs the "07". My understanding was the body style is not changing. The MSVP here in UT for a GS350 fully loaded including nav, vent seats, & upgraded steroeo system is close to $51,000. They are claiming the 2007 GS350 in AWD are tough to keep in stock. I've also read there are a few dealers in Portland and Seattle who have been great to work with on the price. I'm not sure if there will be a price change on the 08 model when it hits the market sometime in Sept or Oct.