Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi baxterdown. I am not aware of any resource that publishes an accurate list of vehicles' current lease programs for the general public. I can give you an idea of what Audi's current program is like on the car that you are interested in though. Just let me know exactly which model you want as well as how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audiguy3audiguy3 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,looking for mf and residuals for a 2007 A4 Avant,2.0,non s line.
    I need 15k miles,36 and 48 mo values.
    Also,if possible,when the current program ends.
    Thanks in advance.
  • rallyfanrallyfan Member Posts: 36
    YEAH CAR MAN IS BACK! I AM LOOKING FOR A A4 FRNT TRK CVT MSRP 31,740 TMV 30,277 MET PAINT PREM. PACK. SPORT SUPENSION 36 MONTH 15K A YEAR NO DOWN NO FEES THANKS IN A ADVANCE IVE BEEN READING THIS SITE FOR AWHILE NOW GREAT SITE!PS IS .00095 BETTER THAN THE.000080?
  • kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    Car Man,

Do you have the figures for S4 Cab's? Typically I lease for 36m, 12k but I would be interested in seeing all the numbers.

Thanks
  • scraggsscraggs Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Can you please give me the factors and residuals for the 2.0L manual sedan for both 24 and 36 months, with 12k miles/year? Thank you!
  • nyaudinyaudi Member Posts: 25
    Buried in an ad on our company's website was a promotional offer for $2000 reduction ON TOP of the 6% standard supplier discount off MSRP good through end of July. You can do the math - the standard 6% discount already gets you pretty close to invoice - this takes you to roughly $1800 below invoice. That does not often happen on these cars - esp. when you get to pick the car. If you are in the supplier program, check your internal sites to see if you can find it.

I couldn't believe it myself, but I e-mailed audi and they confirmed it is valid for any model.

I'm also thrilled to see CarMan is back. I'm looking to release later this year, but given that the money factors are still great at a little over 2% equivalent APR, and that I'm running close to my mileage limit and needed some overlap cushion with a second car, this may be the ticket.

Working this up with a dealer now and will see how it goes...
  • memmullenmemmullen Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man -

I'd appreciate any help with finding out the residual and money factor on a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant.

Anyone hear of any deals with Audi's Avant line during the month of July? Thanks a lot for the input!
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    nyaudi,

Can you give some more details about this offer? I also have a supplier discount... was this applicable to all Audi vehicles? Any code I can mention? My companies intranet very rarely is up-to-date on these sort of things.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Rumor has it that there is a $3k dealer incentive in play. With the supplier program they are suppose to pass this on to you...if true, this would be $4800 below invoice with the supplier program. Has the dealer you are working with made mention of this?
  • drnw04adrnw04a Member Posts: 21
    What exactly did you ask in your email? I emailed the Supplier Discount Program link and the responder didn't appear to know what I was talking about. There was nothing like this on my company's site. Any chance this was something unique to your company?
    ITS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A GOOD TIME TO LEASE A NEW A4 BUT I NEED CAR MAN SO I CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DISCUSSION
    WHAT IS THE SUPPLIER PROGRAM?
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI Carman

You have helped me in the past get great deals. I am looking at an Audi Avant 2.0 turbo AWD. 36 months and 15k miles per year. Any incentives other than the low interest rate? What about any dealer give backs? In live in NY. Can you provide me with the money factor and residual value. Also, where on your site can I find the leasing calculation you use to have so I can figure out the monthly lease payment. I am also looking at the Volvo V50 (AWD) and a Honda CRV LX with the same terms. I know that Volvo is giving its dealers $2250 back on 2007s(Automotive News). Your help is appreciated as always.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Supplier program is a standard 6% discount off MSRP for any new Audi (less destination)if your company is on the Audi supplier list.

One thing about the supplier program is that you can't use any special rebates on incentives when you take the 6% discount.
  • lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    Does anyone have the updated Money Factors and Residuals for a 2.0T Quattro Sedan? Most likely for 12k miles. 24 and 36 months, please

Thanks in advance.
  • dkaregeannesdkaregeannes Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the current lease is for the new S4 (preferably the Avant)? Please give residual, money factor and whether Audi allows multiple security deposits to buy down the money factor like BMW.
  • woodeallenwoodeallen Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer for an A4 CVT at ~$3.5K below invoice. I assume they're using the dealer incentive. However, I'm being charged an outrageous money factor (0.003). The sales guy claims they can only offer the discount w/ a high rate, or a low rate with no discount.

Does this sound like the truth??
    I'm also getting the story from the local dealer that the supplier program doesn't combine with the lowest rate leasing. But I also had an e-mail from the supplier program that said all standard incentives apply.

The $2K incentive on top of the 6% MSRP is known by the dealiers. As someone else noted, they may have something even better.

However, I also found that the current terms aren't all that great. I was told:

3yr 15k/year

A4 2.0T - 51% residual / 2.3% interest (converted money factor)

A4 3.2 - 48% residual / 3.1% interest

This results in a markedly higher payment than my current A4 3.0 lease despite a lower purchase price. Granted, my current one works out to about 0.9%, but the residual is also much better for same term/mileage. So I think much of this discount is offsetting crummy residuals, and thus I'm not sure I'm going with this. I will check w/the dealer tomorrow in person and go through in detail to decide.

If you plan to pay cash, it still seems like a decent enough deal but I don't want to own an Audi out of warranty.
  • pmadrugapmadruga Member Posts: 4
    Hey,

I was wondering if there are different residuals and money factors for the Audi A4 (2007 and 2008) with manual shifter vs. CVT (assuming the same capitalized cost for the sake of simplicity). The lease term would be 24 months, 15K miles/Yr and would be contracted with Audi Financial Services.

Just FYI, I am asking this because I prefer to drive manual cars but I don’t want to pay more in financing because of this choice (through lower Residual or higher Money Factor) in comparison to the same car equipped with CVT.

Thanks
    As we've all found out now, the extra $2K supplier discount money can't be taken with the lower lease rate. Instead of ~2.3%, it jumps to ~7% for their standard rate on a 2007 A4.

Overall, the terms were better all around in Dec 2005 with higher residuals, lower money factors so leasing was a no-brainer. However, it is now possible to buy for about $5K below invoice via the supplier program so I ended up buying instead. More details coming in the prices paid forum.
  • woodeallenwoodeallen Member Posts: 4
    I recently got a quote on an '08 Avant w/ premium, bluetooth and sport suspension for:

MSRP: 36,400
    Cap: 33,300
    MF: .0015
    Residual: 53%

This is for 15K miles for 36 months.

Carman, do you know what the MF's and residuals are for '08 Avants?
  • zmpzmp Member Posts: 24
    So you guys are saying that this incentive is good for purchases? I leased an A4 2.0T Quattro with extra features for $371/month 36 months 12k miles/yr. The interest rate is 2.15%. So do you think I got a decent deal? Or could have gotten something better? Thanks.
  • casanova2casanova2 Member Posts: 40
    I am in Cleveland, Ohio, and took out a 24-mo lease on an A4 in Dec 05. Love the car, want to get another one and avoid the hassle of looking for something two weeks before my current lease expires. I had a hefty security deposit (five monthly payments or around $2,200) that I should get back too. I did not put a cent down on my current Audi and intend to do same again. It's all security deposits for me.

How willing are Audi dealers to negotiate with current lessees? I am not necessarily interested in terminating my current lease but for the right deal and the right conditions I'd consider it. But will I be penalized in any way if I am going to take another Audi from the same dealer? Approx. how long before my lease ends should I start looking for a new deal then?

I also heard that Audi offers incentives to "stay in the family". Does anyone know what form these take?

Thx.
  • tarukytaruky Member Posts: 18
    I have a premium purchase plan (flex lease) on my '04 A4 that ends shortly. Does anyone know what the costs would be to buy the car in addition to the balance, i.e. dealer costs, taxes, etc. Do you have to pay taxes again (as I paid them in the beginning of the plan as well)? Thanks for any input.
  • zmpzmp Member Posts: 24
    I also have a premium purchase plan. Could you please explain what are the main differences between this plan and a lease? Which one is better? Thanks,
  • josh46josh46 Member Posts: 13
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0 lease program:

Residual: 56%
    MF .00138

12K/36 mo

According to Inside Line and Customer Care, Audi has no incentives for returning customers.
  • 4thspace4thspace Member Posts: 1
    The current lease program on a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T is $359/mo and $2308 due at inception. Details are here:
    http://www.pugetsoundaudidealers.com/audi/regional_aoa/pugetsound/Position_1.htm- l

On a lease, does it make any sense to put more down to get a smaller monthly payment? I read on this forum that it doesn't, regards to your car being total or stolen. It also doesn't affect the purchase option price. Is this correct?

If so, can I negotiate to not put down any payment? That better for me.

I'd like 12k miles per year. Is there any flexibility in the lease for changing the miles? What are the stipulations?

I won't be leasing before Sept 4th. When will my next opportunity be? When will the 2008 leases be available?

Thanks,
    Brett
  • roadking1roadking1 Member Posts: 10
    Looking at a left over 2007 S4 Avant - $54K MSRP. Looking at a 36 month lease, 10K per year. Would like to put minimums down. What should I expect to pay? In AZ. Thanks, Bill
  • gnosis8gnosis8 Member Posts: 9
    The car I have right now is paid off, but just in the past six months I've spent almost $1300 in repairs, and most of those repairs done very recently. I wasn't considering a lease because I drive 20k/year, but this situation seems very favorable...

I'm considering taking over someone else's lease for $332/month. The original lease is 36k/24 months. They've put only 9k miles in the first 10 months, so I can put 27k miles on it over the next 14 months.

Cold Weather Pkg
    Sunroof
    Leather

Seller is asking $2500 down. What do you think? Opinions welcome from all!
    TRY TO LEAESE AT INVOICE IT IS AT THE END OF TH;E YEAR ALSO TRY NO MONEY DOWN UNFORNTINALLY NO CAR MAN ANYMORE THE 2008 COME WITH S-LINE STANDARD AND I THINK IT MAY BE A 6 MONTH RUN BEORE THE 09 COME OUT KINDA OF LIKE THE 20051/2GOOD LUCK POST YOUR RESULTS THANKS RALLYFAN
    I SAW A DEALER IN SAN DIEGO DROPPING 5K OFF ALL OF THEIR 07 MAKING YOURS 28K
  • fbshortfbshort Member Posts: 2
    How did I do?.

I just got the following deal from Audi Dealer in Chicago Land

new Audi 2007 Quattro 2.0 T
    premium package + heated front seats
    15000 miles/yr 36 month lease
    Includes Audi care

3000 total down payment
    399 per month
    175xx end of lease buyout
  • schweikbschweikb Member Posts: 111
    Nice:
    Three questions:
    1) Is it Tiptronic or stick?
    2) $3,000 down - is all that the down payment or does it include acquisition fee and first month lease payment?
    3) Taxes - I'm from NY, dont know Chicago - are there taxes, what % and if so are they in the monthly lease or paid separately?
    Thanks for your help and good luck with the car.
  • fbshortfbshort Member Posts: 2
    1) It is Tiptronic
    2) Yes it does
    3) The 399 monthly payments includes Taxes,

The price I got on the car 27400. However with this low price the money factor I got is a but high. I think if I would have really worked hard on the deal, could have done around $385/month and 2500 total initial payment and a bit lower lease end buy price ( in 16xxx).

These dealers play lot of tactics and it is amazing how price comes down ones you start negotiating. My first quote for this vehicle was 5500 total initial payment and 450 monthly payments.

I was first thinking to get an BMW, but audi is really nice and much better value
  • schweikbschweikb Member Posts: 111
    Thanks - great info!! What is the tax rate in your area. I would like to figure a pre-tax amount, then calculate what the NY taxes are and add them back in for a target for my negotiation. I am assuming your $3,000 down is probably comprised of the 1st month payment $399 + about $600 in fees, so a real "downpayment" of $2,000 - right?
    Sorry to keep pestering you but I like the idea of leasing an 07 and accepting whatever is on the car - the one I'm looking at has the same equipment plus wood interior trim (I like!!)
    Here you go, audiguy3. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T without the S-Line package with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 49%, respectively. Audi does not seem to be providing lease support on 48 month leases of this model, so forget about that term.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey rallyfan. All things being equal, namely a vehicle's residual values, the lower its money factor is the better your monthly payment will be. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00012 and 51%, respectively. Shoot for a selling price that is closer to dealer invoice than the TMV number that you mentioned. Consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition can usually beat TMV by shopping around. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much others have paid for this car lately: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, kabbalah. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 S4 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, scraggs. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 59, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00012 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey memmullen. Audi Financial Services' lease program for this model varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi needashower. Interesting username :P . The rumor that you heard is correct. Audi is providing its dealers with a $3,000 dealer cash incentive to help them unload their remaining 2007 A4s. Having said this, this dealer cash is not compatible with Audi Financial Services' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey there rxke. Audi is currently providing 2.9% financing for up to 60 months or $3,000 dealer cash or a special lease program on the 2007 A4. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 49%, respectively. The following article describes how to calculate a lease payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest info, ledname. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00012 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is correct, woodeallen. The $3,000 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on the 2007 A4 is not compatible with its special lease program. If you opt to go with the dealer cash, then you will have to use Audi's standard lease program to calculate your monthly payment or lease through an independent bank. The .00300 money factor that you were quoted is right in line with AFS' standard program.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings dkaregeannes. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi S4 Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 51%, respectively. I believe that AFS does have a MSD program, but I don't know its exact details. Check with your dealer to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey pmadruga. The type of transmission that your car has should not have any impact upon Audi Financial Services' lease program for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey woodeallen. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 54%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. I believe that AFS will waive its security deposit requirement for returning lessees for free, but it charges a .00015 increase in the money factor for a security deposit waiver for non-returning customers. Assuming that you are not making a capitalized cost reduction, the cap cost that you are bring given looks very attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zmp. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of your deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings casanova2. Audi is not currently running any sort of early lease termination program that I am aware of. If this is the case, then you will either have to pay all of your remaining monthly payments or purchase your A4 from the bank that you are leasing it through to get out of it several months prior to the scheduled end of your lease. Getting out of leases early is usually fairly expensive. You probably will be better off waiting until a month or two before the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Zmp, Audi Financial Services' Premier Purchase Plan is what is known in the industry as a balloon note program. Balloon notes are very similar to leases in that they provide consumers with low monthly payments and the option to purchase their vehicle at the end of their term for a predetermined price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with balloon notes, your name is on your vehicle's title while with leases the bank's is. Leases are much, much more popular than balloon notes. Today balloon notes only seem to be used in the few areas that have tax laws that make them more attractive than leases, like Texas.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.