Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi 4apex. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00127 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kwkolmerkwkolmer Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Car Man,
    Is this a good price for a 36 month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 quattro premium plus, moonlight blue, cold weather package, audi assist, 15k miles

MSRP: 51215
    Cap Cost: 49470 (Car: $48650 + $820 audi care)
    Cap reduction: 1500 for audi loyalty program
    Money Factor: 0.00127
    Residual: 53% $27143.95
    Payment: $734.55 (payment: 673.90 tax 60.65)

Do i have any room to negotiate?
  • jimsnapsjimsnaps Member Posts: 15
    So I'd like to lease an a6 prestige, here is the exact car speced out:

http://configurator.audiusa.com/acc/deep.do?c=aoa&l=eng&mkey=summary&cid=A6-2013- &mid=50710-4G251A%2F0%2FGWPTWPT-2013&pids=MSAB4X4%3BF56+++++FZ%3BMSSR3Y5%3BFZ-N1- F-Q1A%3BGPX2PX2%3BGPAWPAW%3BGPQJPQJ%3BF14+T9T9%3BGWPDWPD

The MSRP is 68,545

For starters, what's a reasonable sales price for this vehicle?

Then, with that being said does anyone know the residual and other lease numbers I'd need to 'calculate' the basics of what I need to get a ballpark for the monthly payment?

I know I still need the miles, cap cost and all of that but if someone knows the residual and money factor I should be able to put this all together.

Sweet, looking forward to it!
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Member Posts: 33
    Hi Carman!
    Your forums have helped me tremendously with the leasing of our soon-to-arrive A6, and an MKX. Thank you for hosting all of these very informative discussions.

My current inquiry...
    In March I ordered a 3.0 Quattro Prestige, and the dealership had rate protected the MF and RV (.00157/48%) for worst case. I am keeping my fingers crossed the rates have gotten better. My car is apparently arriving either at the end of May or 1st week of June. Would you please tell me the May lease rates based on 42 mos and 10K?

Thank you!
    Hi kwkolmer. Let's take a look at this deal. The money factor that you were quoted is a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36-month lease of this model is .00107. Try to get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

This model probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,750 or so over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I suspect that you will be able to do better than that by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome hilltop3. I'm glad that we have been able to help you out.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Prestige quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00119 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,
    I appreciate all information you post, however I need the May buy rates for 42 mos and 10K. You had provided me 36 mos. Looking back to the rates in March, the MF looks like it has apparently gone down, as well as the RV. Anxious to get the 42 mos numbers to really compare, so when you have a chance....

Again, thanks!
  • macbjgmacbjg Member Posts: 11
    I am looking to replace my A6 with a Premium Plus with 15k/year. My broker tells me the residual and money factor just changed. Please post. Also, do you know Audi's present program for buy down of the mf with MSD's? Thank you.
    Good point hilltop3. I'm so used to people asking for 36-month data that I wrote that's what that was in my previous post, but those actually were the 42-month, 10,000 mile per year numbers. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi macbjg. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I've heard that AFS' multiple security deposit program reduced the money factor by .00005 for every additional deposit.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, thanks for your quick response. Question for you... The dealership told me they would rate protect the March rates (.00157/48%) and my question is, do you think they could offer me the rate protected RV and yet give me the better May RV? Have you ever heard of doing such?
  • ncguy3ncguy3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man- I'm in the middle of negotiating my first car lease ever on a A6 3.0 premium plus for 36 mo, 12k miles per year. What is the MF for top credit tier? 3yr residual?

Also is it standard for Audi to roll the fees (acquisition, etc) into the cap cost? I thought these fees would be a separate one time fee - part of the cash due at signing. Going into this it didn't occur to me that the adjusted cap cost could be higher than the cap cost. Thanks for your time
    Oops! Car_man, I meant to ask if it might be feasible to have the dealership give me the rate protected RV, yet allow me the May MF rate. Probably not, but I thought I'd ask if you had ever heard of doing such.
    Hi Ncguy3, I cannot answer all of your questions, however I have ordered my A6 3.0 and fully expect to pay as many fees upfront as I can (destination, acquisition, doc fee, etc.) I want to do my best to keep mos punt as low as I can I may get the Audi Care too in order to get the RV bumped up another 1%, and I HOPE to pay that upfront too. Not sure if any of this helps you.
    You're welcome hilltop3. Alas, you can't pick and choose the pieces of the programs that you want to use. It's either the old program or the new one.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for ncguy3. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You should be able to pay the various fees for your lease either at signing or roll them into your vehicle's capitalized cost, whichever you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Appreciate your response Car_man. I guess I figured it never hurts to ask.

Unfortunately I have not heard anything from the dealership about my May delivery, so June it will be. I will write again soon to ask for those new buy rates.

Thx.
    Hi Car_man! Well, dealership just called and my car is finally in, and I am so excited. Have the June buy rates for 42mos/10K changed from .00119 and 46%??
    Car_man, would you also tell me the rates for 42mos/12k as well as the 10k? Thank you!
  • klc3757klc3757 Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man,
    Could you let me know June's lease rate for the following?
    - A6 2.0T Premium Plus
    - 42months
    - 10k miles/year

I got an offer for the above configuration and lease (MSRP $49,595; tax rate of 8.25% on the sale price because it's IL) for around $680 per month with $380 due at signing (doc fee + title transfer). Does this sound like an ok deal?

I'll try to come up with the calculation myself once I get the lease rate.

Thanks!
    For convenience sake, June rates needed are for A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige. Thanks.
  • rajmirajkarrajmirajkar Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    I am leasing a 2013 A6 Premium Plus Audi for 3 years and 10K miles per year, the dealership is giving me a quote of $500.11 per month including taxes, $6800 down payment. The MSRP is $50,645 and the adjusted Cap Cost now is $42,552.00. This includes the $820 maintenance cost. The residual value claimed is 56%.

Premium Plus
    Phantom Black
    Audi Assist
    Power read window/ manual side sun shades

Do you think I am getting a good deal?
  • ydolydol Member Posts: 12
    hi rajmirajkar, using edmunds price with true market value, invoice price is $47k and using 56% RV and 0.00099 MF (from above post) and with your down payment $6800, I estimated that you are paying about $2k above invoice (need to verify fees). I would suggest to negotiate the vehicle price at invoice or better and take advantage of loyalty and conquest cash, and any incentive available. Good Luck!
  • zakhussainzakhussain Member Posts: 4
    I am planning to lease a 2013 Audi A6 3.0 premium plus with 20" 10 spoke wheel. This is my first time leasing. I was quoted a selling price of $57,300. I am planning to lease it for 36 months with 15k miles. I plan to put down $3000 down at signing. The dealer said that the lease price would be in between $800-$900 for the premium plus and for the prestige it would be more than $1000 per month. I am going tomorrow for the final negotiation. Like I said, this is the first time I am leasing a car and I am not sure what I should shoot for the selling price. I looked up the TMV and its $56,300 for the premium plus with 20" 10 spoke wheel. Just so you know I am from Texas. Can you let me know what selling price I should negotiate for and whats the monthly installment I am looking at for the premium plus model. I qualify for the tier - 1 credit.
    Zakhussain, I just signed a lease on the A6 3.0 Quattro, Prestige. I negotiated for $1000 over invoice here in Michigan. I put down about $3450. MSRP $58820, cap cost reduction $3220 which includes $1500 down. Monthly is $780.
    42 mos/10K. Hope this helps.
    Did you opt only for the prestige package or did you add some other accessories as well. I am planning to lease for 36months and 15k miles. Will that increase the lease rate. I am planning this configuration,

2013 Audi A6 3.0 prestige
    Glacier white
    Fine grain ash natural brown inlay
    Nougat brown leather
    black cloth headliner
    20" Spoke wheel
    Additionally I ordered metallic paint (havana black)and Side Assist. And I too got the nougat, black headliner and natural wood inlay. love the car! I needed to keep my monthly payments to less than $800, which put me in the 42 mos/10K bracket. Now that I have the car I feel I would buy it cuz it's so cool. At one point there was a rebate for my other car, but it went away so I made up for it by putting down my own cash.

The less miles and the longer the lease , the more affordable the car became for me. I came from a car with20" wheels, and the ride was rough. Looked great, but... I am very happy with the 18" Prestige wheels. Leasesmart.com helped me a lot, but you'll need all the buy rates from Car_man.
    Zakhussain, one more thing. The buy rates for 42m/10K that were posted in May were the same for June. Look back through the May feeds and you may get all the values you need to plug into Leasesmart.
    Hey hilltop3. The lease program for the A6 is exactly the same in June as it was in May, with one cool exception...Audi has started waiving the first month's payment for free.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher than the 10k residual.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly klc3757. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man! I picked up the vehicle Saturday and since the dealer had been mostly straight with me all along regarding the buy rates, I had to assume his June rates were as you mentioned. However, nothing was said about the 1st mos free. I'm bummed! I will contact him to see what can be done at this point.
    I just came back from the dealership. They did not had the vehicle that I wanted in stock. They found one, but they said it will cost them $1500 to bring that one in as its a port stock and is a little far away. The configuration of the vehicle is,

2013 Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus
    Nougat brown leather
    Bose Stereo
    Dakota Grey metallic
    Cold Weather package
    Audi side assist w/power folding mirrors package

The MSRP of this configuration is $58,000 and I was able to negotiate it and bring it down to $56,500. They said they will pay the $1500 transportation as well. So it would be $56,500 plus TTL. I did not sign the deal yet as I wanted to make sure if the negotiated price was right. I am planning to put in $3000 at signing (down payment + first month payment). What can I expect for the monthly payment if I am leasing this vehicle for 36 months for 15,000 miles. I live in Texas, the reason I am asking is because they said that I am looking somewhere around $900+ per month.
    Car_man,

What is the MF and residual for 2013 Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus for the following

1) 36 months at 15K miles
    2) 36 months at 12K miles
    3) 42 months at 12k miles
    4) 42 months at 15k miles

Thanks
  • klc3757klc3757 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Car_Man.

I'll be picking up the A6 on Friday (car is in transit from Houston). I ended up getting a deal for about $710 with just title and registration ($380) as first payment and a car with MSRP $50,740 (Summer of Audi pays for 1st month's lease).

Don't remember the specifics but I think I got:
    - 0.00107 MF
    - 54% RV with Audicare included (not part of MSRP)
    - Sales tax on the final sale price of the car (weird IL lease law)
    - 39 months
    - Audi Supplier Discount
    - $1500 conquest rebate

Hope I did ok.
  • drp2261drp2261 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a price of $55774 on an A6 3.0 Premium Plus Quattro Of course the dealer wants to sell me the car he has which has 20 inch wheels (good), all weather floor mats, media package and wheel locks . He is quoting me a MF of .00199 and a 47% RV. This is for a 15000mile /year lease. I was offering to put $3000 down . he quoted me a lease price of $952 with tax ( 6% in FL). What do you think?
  • dan412dan412 Member Posts: 26
    The $3000, is that inclusive of taxes upfront, 1st payment, tags and documentation? Or is it in addition to drive off fees? As a policy, I never put anything down when leasing; just 1st payment, TTL fees.. that's it. Audi is even waiving first payment + sec. deposit for the ongoing Summer of Audi promotion.
  • jas78jas78 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,
    Any update on 2014 rates and residuals? I'm looking at a Prestige, 12k/36month.
    Thanks in advance!
    Jas78, did you mean to inquire about the current buy rates for a Prestige, 3.0 Quattro, 36m/12K? If you go back through the threads, you can see a pattern in the various rates, for both the Prem Plus and Prestige. I just got a Prestige 42/10K, 3.0 Q, and was told that the May rates did not change for my June purchase. Based on my own figures that I have compiled, assuming May rates apply, the buy rates for your 3.0 vehicle should be .00099 and 49%. See what your dealership will confirm (or Car_man... Whichever comes first!) Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input, hilltop3. I appreciate it. I looked back through the rates, which has led me to inquire since the rate one dealer quoted seemed a bit high (0.00199) and another dealer said the lease rates for 2014's were not out yet so he had no info. Car_man mentioned they would release 2014 rates this month so I thought I'd check. Hopefully Audi will publish 2014 rates soon...I have to think residuals are higher on 2014s vs 2013.
    Hi zakhussain. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00099 and 47%.

The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jas78. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A6 3.0 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man, much appreciated!
  • iu_audiiu_audi Member Posts: 20
    Hi, I have a 2014 A6 TDI that is scheduled to arrive in late August/early September. Premium plus and 10k miles/yr. Does Audi have lease rates available on the TDI's yet? Thanks!
    You're very welcome jas78.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey iu_audi. Yes, Audi has published a lease program on the diesel A6. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 TDI Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00152 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The catch is that this lease program is only scheduled to run through July 5th. The numbers that are available when you take delivery of your car could very well be different.

Car_man
    Host
  • audifan18audifan18 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man -

New to the post - sorry if already answered...Looking for MF/RV for 2014 A6 2.0 Prem Plus quattro for 36 and 39 month with 10k and 12k miles.

Thank you in advance!
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    Car_man,
    What is the mf and residuals for both a 36 mo/12k and 36 mo/ 15k leases?
    Is there any difference between 2013 and 2014 models?
    Thanks!
  • iu_audiiu_audi Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Car_man. Appreciate the help very much. One other question-- does the inclusion of Audi Care change the residual %? I thought I read somewhere that implied you could pick up an extra point or two.
    Car_Man,
    Dealer told me the sweet spot for a lot of Audi leases is actually 39 or 42 months. Are the metrics completely different for these periods? If so do you mind pulling them for a 12k lease of an 2014 A6 Prestige?

Also, I'm still on the fence for the 2014 S6 can you please provide the numbers for the 36/39/42 Month, 12,000 mile lease for the S6? Sincerely appreciated.
    Jeff
    Just FYI, it does raise the residual 1%. I've confirmed with several dealers.
This discussion has been closed.