Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Mongo716Mongo716 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I'm interested to know if this is a reasonable offer. I'm not current on BMW's rates and everything. Below is an offer they made me for leasing a new 2008 750Li model. I had taxes and everything rolled in. The due at start is first month payment and registration (I'm using plates from my old car on the new one so that saved a little).

MSRP: $85725
    Your Cost: $67540
    Miles: 12,000 per year
    Residual: $44577 (52%)
    Rate: .00170%
    Payment: $942.80
    Due at Start: $1160.30

Is this a good deal or should I go back and and push for a better rate and or price?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi campion. I have not seen BMW's lease program for the 2009 7-Series yet. I suspect that BMW will publish it the first week of March...if not sooner. Please feel free to check back with me and post a quick reminder and I will be happy to let you know if I have heard anything new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Mongo716. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a lease of this car with a waived security deposit to a non-returning customer.

The selling price that you mentioned looks good to me. It takes the $10,000 final payment that dealers were provided on '08 7-Series models and a sizable dealer discount into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • campioncampion Member Posts: 7
    i have received a qoute for a 750i bmw 10,000k 36 months $1223.66 + tax inception fees of $.2619 includes 1st months payment,5%tax,bank fee,reg,docs and state ma.inspection i'd like some opinions. attn carman[ no options included]
  • haminhamin Member Posts: 12
    Dear Car Man ;

I have had excellant experience of buying two cars after receiving input and guidance from you ......

I need to ask you about your thoughts on new 7 series 2009 .

I was interested for 535 i , but changed mind because model of 5 series is going to change soon and current model is on the market for 5 yrs + .... needless to say, I will be getting excellant deal on 5 series at present though......

Now I have decided to buy new 750 Li ...I want to keep the new one ~ 6 - years or so, especially, this is a new generation and model will not change for some years or to come ....

with current condition of economy and overall lower BMW sales, do you think I can get a good deal on this new one?? ....especially, if I am buying this......and not leasing.....

Do you think I can get it close to invoice?? any info on APR ????.....

help greatly needed and appreciated....

kindest regards
  • isha1isha1 Member Posts: 17
    Just wondering if you had the money factor and residual for the 2009 750LI, 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr? Thanks
    dear carman, i"m ready to lease a 2009 750i bmw it would be a big help if you could respond to my lease figures campion
  • bmchrisbmchris Member Posts: 6
    46% 0.0025. You're looking at about $2000/month on a car selling for $100,000.
    Dear Car Man ;

I have had excellant experience of buying two cars after receiving input and guidance from you ......

I need to ask you about your thoughts on new 7 series 2009 .

I was interested for 535 i , but changed mind because model of 5 series is going to change soon and current model is on the market for 5 yrs + .... needless to say, I will be getting excellant deal on 5 series at present though......

Now I have decided to buy new 750 Li ...I want to keep the new one ~ 6 - years or so, especially, this is a new generation and model will not change for some years or to come ....

with current condition of economy and overall lower BMW sales, do you think I can get a good deal on this new one?? ....especially, if I am buying this......and not leasing.....

Do you think I can get it close to invoice?? any info on APR ????.....

help greatly needed and appreciated....

kindest regards
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    Does anyone know what "Mileage Allowance Refund" on BMW FS lease contract is and how it works?
    dear carman i would appreciate a response to my post of march 10th thank you campion
    dear car man, need your help.......plz reply to my 2 earlier post ......

greatly appreciate your help
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Could you give us details, options, configuration, lease terms, down etc?

and from where did u get this quote? what is money factor?

I have been quoted $1600 plus tax on 96K car, 36 mo/10K miles, Zero down, selling price 90K. Quote seems outrageous to me.
  • mr2009xmr2009x Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I would like to know how much would be the lease for the 2009 BMW 750Li that costs $93475 with the options. I am in the state of Illinois, DuPage county and I am looking for 36 months, 15K miles/year and 0 down.
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Is 09 750i lease plan, rates out by BMW?
  • x14manx14man Member Posts: 1
    I leased an '07 750Li on a three year lease with BMWFS that comes due in December. I love the car and would consider buying it out but the lease residual is about $55k. It appears the market value of the car is about $45k. Does anyone have any insights into what BMW will do when the lease rolls? Will they negotiate the residual or should I simply turn the car in. By this December, the new generation 7 series will be far more prevalent so if they take the car back, so the market value could be even less.

Thanks for your help.
    Hi campion. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back hamin. BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the redesigned 7, so leasing one right now definitely is not a good deal. BMW is not currently providing any dealer cash or special financing offer on this car either. I haven't heard much about how good a deal dealers are willing to cut on a new 7 right now. Like with any brand new model, I am sure that they will try to sell it for as close to full MSRP as possible for as long as possible. As you mentioned though, the current state of the economy would lead me to believe that the honeymoon period will not last long for the new 7 and that prices will come back down to Earth relatively soon.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, isha1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through March 32st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 750Li with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 47%, respectively. The .00275 is BMW FS' buy rate standard lease money factor. It may vary slightly by region, but BMW is not providing any lease support on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey campion. I'll repeat my earlier reply here so you don't miss it. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hamin. Please see my response to your previous message in post #277. Thanks and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mr2009x. Is $93,475 this car's MSRP or its selling price. I need both numbers to work up a lease payment on it for you. Let me know what they both are and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Car_man,

The MSRP is $93,475 and I am not sure how much they are willing to reduce. They are quoting aound $1600/M for a 36 months with 15K miles. I am not sure whether this is reasonable as it is lot more compared to what I am paying for the current 750Li ($1160).

Thank you.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    The new 7 is brand new, I doubt they are discounting at all. Some may make the argument of the economy blah,blah but it's not an economy driven car, that's a kia.

It's $400.00 more a month because it's new technology, if it was the technology from 3, or 4 years ago, the price may be the same. Nothing stays the same forever, hopefully your salary has gone up, or the price of the service your job does goes up.

Anyway, good luck with your new car, just trying to give you an idea of the mindset from the other side of the desk. The new 7 is awesome, and I'm sure you'll love it.
    Thank you. Once I get a deal done, I will let you know the details so that your readers can be well informed.
    Dear Car-Man

I bought 750 Li this week. here are the details ...

750Li, 2009, Black saphire Metallic.
    Oyster Nappa, Fine line high gloss trim
    19 inch wheels
    Head Up display
    Rear automatic shades
    Rear Entertaiment package.

MSRP 91,825...Invoice 84,475

Got it at 86,475 ....

what do you think about the deal .....
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hello,

Congratulations, hope you enjoy your new car.

I hope you'll continue posting, because many owners never come back to tell their experience.

How comfortable is it? I've read many reviews mentioning the ride is harsh compared to LS and the S class.

My question to you is, did you test the LS or the S class because making your decision.

Happy driving :)
    Well, Once I test drove 750 Li , I did not even look at LS ....., I did look at S 550 though ....

the new 750 Li is for sure a huge improvement......, it is much more sportier and a " live " car as compare to S550......, its interior is very very nice, imopressive and tachnology is superb....I really loved the V8 twin Turbo with 400 bhp.....that makes a big difference, very fast car .....

I think, this car is truly amazing, very elegant, but sporty and powerful.....

I think it is very comfortable as well......mush more leg space than even S class....

What made my decision more easy was the fact that it all- NEW Generation and is going to stay for 7 years ( very little mid cycle refresh at 3 and half years by BMW )
    as compared to S and LS who are there for sometime and looks boring,,,

hope this helps.....
    Congratulations on getting your new 7, hamin. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. $2,000 over dealer invoice is more than many other BMW models are going for right now, but I am not surprised given the fact that the '09 7 just came out and it was redesigned. Assuming that the dealer used BMW FS' buy rate to calculate your monthly payment, which you never mentioned BTW, I'd say that this is a reasonable deal.

Say, if you have the time make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • ukwildcatsukwildcats Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate input: Looking to lease (for tax purposes) a 2007 Li with 28,600 miles on it. Sale price of $47,400, 3 year 15K per, $2563 due at signing, $1063 per month. Buy rate factor used is .00350 and he gave me a residual value of $19,732 at end of lease. FWIW it has every option available.
    Thanks.
  • bmwduderbmwduder Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 750LI Sport, Loaded with 20k miles on it
    It also has 20 Inch Factory M Wheels
    Payment is $1700 per month and the lease is up in June 2010
    Car is perfect
    I will pay you to get into my car. I can make my deal much more attractive than what you are looking at now.
    I am looking to get the new 750 and I don't want to get screwed on this trade in
    thanks car man, I have placed order for the car, and will get delivery in 6 weeks....right now dealer has quoted me 5.44 % APR through BMW FS, but he says if the rate gets better in june, they will give me that rate.......

he says there is no incentive on new 7 yet !! ..

any thoughts ...???///

I can go with a credit union for 4.25% ......however .....

tell me what you think....., Please ASAP
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    Selling? How does it work?
    No problem hamin. What you were told is correct. BMW is not providing any support on the new 7-Series yet. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services, you will have to use its standard lease money factor. Its standard money factors vary by region, but they are probably around .00280, give or take right now. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 6.72%.

I'm not sure what BMW's standard finance rates are currently, but I suspect that you would have little trouble beating them by arranging financing on your own through an independent bank or credit union.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    You got killed on that deal, 1700 a month?
    I have an 08 loaded w/ sport on a 3 year/15k with 0 down and I'm paying a little under 1200 a month. It looks as if your lease is even longer than 36 mos if it doesn't go back till june of next year. Its going to take you offering it for 600-700 a month less than your payment to make it even attractive to someone willing to take over a lease. Just go look on leasetrader....
  • fabgregfabgreg Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I would like your input on a price I have been offered. Here are the specs :
    2009 loaded
    36 month lease, 12000miles/yr
    MSRP - 103520, selling price - 102500, money factor - .0013, residual - 46445

10,000 down
    monthly $1689

Should I not put money down, should i be getting a better deal? The dealer states this is a great deal and it ends tomorrow (saturday may 30th).

I am also thinking about just buying it. What do you think? Thanks for the input and advice.
    Hi:

In my own experience with new 7 , you are not been given a good deal...rather its quite a rip off!!! .....

BMW is not offering any Lease support on new 7 , so buying is better than leasing this one.......

If you buy, ( which I think you should ), you should be paying around 1500-2000$ above INVOICE price......that means about at least 4-5 K less than the MSRP...

I got 750 Li in April, ( car coming in 2 weeks ), and paid 2000 $ above invoice.....

DONOT Put any money down., if you are leasing ....

hope it helps ...
  • fabgregfabgreg Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how it works out.. How long does it take to come in when you order? 8 weeks?
    Yup:
    I placed order in second week of April and will get it around first week of June....
    I did shop around on internet/ email .......and did get a better deal out of my home town......., so will be going there to pick the car.......

plz do shop around......, email is the best to negotiate
  • ar1ar1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am a new user on this board and in the market of 09 750 LI. Looks like you got a good deal. The dealer in houston says there is no rebates or credits. Can you share the dealership and town you bought it.

Thanks.
  • arkay402arkay402 Member Posts: 3
    Just negotiated a 36 months lease for my parents on an '09 750Li: Convenience, Camera, Luxury Seating, Premium Sound, 19" wheels and satellite radio. MSRP $94,870, negotiated cap cost $90,050.

Current lease program runs MF of .0009 and residual of 47% with 12,000 miles per year, so monthly payment at $1,084.00; $6,531.86 up front including 7% NJ sales tax and first payment.
  • ar1ar1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks but i don't understand the math. 90050 Cap cost. 53% of that is 47726. Less your DP 6500 leaves 41226 divided by 36 leave payment of 1145 plus tax. No taking into account MF of .009. Am I not understanding something here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    The residual amount is 47% of MSRP, not of the CAP cost.. I didn't crunch the numbers, but that will change your depreciation calculation by about $60/mo, right there..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• maxandmatt2maxandmatt2 Member Posts: 3
    I have been buying BMW 7 series fully loaded since the 90's. I live in SI but lease all my cars in NJ. I have always leased from Open Road thru a "gentleman" named Jerry Cohen, not your typical salesman! I do get a price from him and always check around for a better deal, to date I have not found any other dealer who could even come close. Extremely happy with service department, but Mr. Cohen is a extreme pleasure to deal with. My 07 lease expires in October, so I will again be in the market. Give them a call, more specifically Jerry, you have nothing to loose.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    I crunched the numbers and it still doesn't work. Off by couple hundred. Lease on my 7 expires in six months and I was curious.
  • aminoacids1aminoacids1 Member Posts: 8
    Dealer offered me a 2009 750li with camera, 19 inch wheels, and preium leather for 1100+ tax a month, however i have to put almsot 6500 out of pocket.
  • jeffaljeffal Member Posts: 28
    Just so you guys know, there is a $3,000 lease cash incentive available AND BMW just threw in another $3,000 incentive if you are a current BMW driver for a total of $6,000.
  • aminoacids1aminoacids1 Member Posts: 8
    Where is thi soffer available?
    Hi aminoacids1. The $6,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 7-Series for loyal customers and $3,000 for everyone else definitely exists. Don't worry about proving it to the dealer. They know it exists as well. It they deny it, they're just trying to trick you.

Car_man
    Host
  • joesteinfeldjoesteinfeld Member Posts: 1
    It does exist as I have it on my offer sheet on a new 750i. The question is how much I can get the dealer to kick in. Right now I have the dealer giving me $3500 off of the sticker.
This discussion has been closed.