Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    I'd like to see the April rates for 35i Premium and 35d for 36 months @ 15K.

Thanks Car Man!!
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    Car_Man -

Can you provide the MF and Residual for a 24 month lease of an Z5 35d @ 12k/mi/yr and 15k/mi/yr?

Thanks!
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    X5 35d - not Z5 35d
  • cupcakeinacupcupcakeinacup Member Posts: 8
    @ carman,

Hi, Please confirm my #'s I got from my Massachusetts BMW store, I'm very interested in geting this truck, the pros and cons: better value or (much) better engine.

2012 BMW X5 Diesel SUV
    36/15k – Residual 56% .00185 M.F.
    April-$3.5k credit can be used for leasing ? that would be great! to offset the lower residual.

2012 BMW X5 50i SUV
    36/15k  – Residual 61% .00190 M.F.
    Incredible power, looks mean with the optional 20's and revs so nice @ 4k. Rpm (sings)

Thanks!

I figure $650 D or $850 V8 with mass sales tax of course (7%) and just my upfronts mid/high $teens?
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    I hope you have better luck than I did... I was looking for the same $650 for the D and can't find a quote here in NJ on a modest X5 diesel much less than $800.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey nd_irish. sorry for the delay in my response...I was away last week. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 35i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00190 and 61%...interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • bfschroebfschroe Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2013 X5. My dealer is quoting a money factor of .0023 for a 10,000 mph 36 month lease with 65% residual.

I asked him to see if he could do any better, since I am seeing .0019 online and he came back with the same (0023) rate. Is there an official BMW FS rate that I could find somewhere or can he just charge whatever rate he wants?

Thanks
    Bruce
    Hi Bruce. The .00190 is the dealer's buy rate. BMW Dealers are notorious for marking up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals. If you can't get this dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment, you may be able to find one that will by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • raschroeraschroe Member Posts: 4
    Spoke with the finance manager at the dealership. She was pretty upfront when questioned and said that the .0019 is the dealer buy rate (as you said). She said that they build in a profit to the lease by adding to that rate. I have no problem with them making a fair profit. She did imply that the dealer buy rate is what she pays BMW for the lease and at that rate there is no profit for the dealership (for the lease). I have already signed the deal for the car (and am pleased with the price) so I don't think I can find another dealer at this point. Assuming they won't come down on that rate I guess my options are purchase or finance (or pay for an expensive lease). Are there reputable third party lease offerings (and are they better)?

Thanks
    Bruce
  • vvanvlymvvanvlym Member Posts: 4
    WOULD'NT THIS TRUE ALSO IF YOU PURCHASED THE VEHICLE AND PUT MONIES DOWN? IF THE VEHICLE IS TOTALED THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO CONSIDER THE VEHICLE A USED VEHICLE WHICH YOU COULD LOSE YOUR DOWN DEPOSIT. EXPLAIN TO ME AT THESE MSD'S. I AM LOOKING AT LEASING A 2012 X5 35d. I WAS DOING A 36 MTH LEASE WITH 15K MILES PER YEAR. JUST PLACED ORDER LAST WEEK. I WAS PLANNING ON PUTING DOWN ABOUT $6000 SO MY PYMT WOULD BE RIGHT AT ABOUT $700 A MONTH. THIS IS A 2012 X5 35D WITH PREMIUM, SPORT ACTIVITY PKG AND RUNNING BOARDS. TO KEEP MY PYMT AT ABOUT $700 A MONTH, WHAT AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I PUT DOWN AGAINST THESE MSD'S? THANKS
  • shailenshailen Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man
    My current X5 is coming up off lease shortly
    and I was offered the following lease in NJ on a 2013 35i X5.
    $ 680 per month, 12K/36 months lease with $2200 drive off
    MSRP 50,945 (Base + Navigation + Heated Front Seats + Spare tire)
    Invoice 46915
    Selling Price 48000
    Residual 59 %
    Moneyfactor = 0.00190
    I asked why the residual in not 61% and his reply
    was only premium 35i X5 get 61%

thanks
    edited April 2012
    I HAVE PLACED A ORDER FOR A 2012 BMW X5 xDrive 35d. THE MSRP IS $63,595. IT INCLUDES THE SPORT ACTIVITY & PREMIUM PKG PLUS RUNNING BOARDS. THE SELL PRICE THEY GAVE ME WAS $58,579. IS THAT A GOOD DEAL? TO KEEP MY PAYMENTS AT ABOUT $700 A MONTH, HE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO PUT DOWN $5789.12. I READ THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. IF I DO THESE MSD'S, WILL THAT BE ENOUGH TO KEEP MY PAYMENT DOWN TO $700 A MONTH FOR A 15K MILES PER YEAR, 36 MONTH LEASE?
    CARS.COM SHOWS 2012 BMW X5 35D RESIDUAL AT 56% AT 2 YEARS AND 46% AT THREE. WHY DOES BMW ON THEIR LEASE SHOW THE VEHICLE SHOULD HAVE A RESIDUAL AT THREE YEARS AT 56%? THAT IS A 10% DIFFERENCE. WHICH IS PROBABLY MORE CORRECT?
  • rexx08rexx08 Member Posts: 17
    What are the residual (10,000 and 12,000/year) and money factor leasing rates for 2012 and 2013 X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV? Also, what is the savings if you provide multimonth security deposits? Also, what is the current BMW lease acquisition fee? Are there any cap reduction incentives for April? Many thanks!!!
  • davidb20davidb20 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Please help, not sure if deal is right.
    2012 X35D sport activity, premium, cold, running boards
    MSRP $64K something
    Traded in 9.5K
    $560 monthly
    12K miles
    Should i go ahead with the deal?
    Thank you
    I LEASED A 2012 BMW X5 35D WITH SPORT ACTIVITY, PREMIUM & RUNNING BOARDS. MSRP IS $63,595. DEALER GAVE ME OFF $3245 PLUS $3500 ECO CREDIT. SELLING PRICE IS $56,850. I MY PUTTING DOWN $5789.12. MY LEASE FOR 36 MTHS WITH 15K MILES PER YEAR IS $700.87 MTHLY.
  • abmwfanabmwfan Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2012
    @Davidb20: Why are you putting that much money down on a lease? It's generally not a good idea to put extra cash down on a lease.

The deal should be judged by how much above dealer invoice the car is priced, not the amount taken off the sticker. In other words, ask the dealer to show you the dealer invoice price and pay no more than $700 above dealer invoice. Then subtract the eco credit, trade in, and any other incentives. If you're a good negotiator, maybe you can get the vehicle for closer to invoice minus incentives. But, if you love the vehicle, don't lose sleep over a couple hundred dollars. It doesn't make that much difference on a lease.

Also, ask for the lease money factor and ask the dealer how much they marked up the money factor if at all. Dealers pad the money factor to make extra money on the deal.
  • davidb20davidb20 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answers guys. I am not well versed in all the aspects of the lease lingo. I picked up the car. It is a awesome vehicle, we are pretty happy, which i guess is the most important part
    Hey shailen. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. What you were told is correct, the residual value for the base 2013 X5 is 2% lower than the residual for the Premium.

The selling price that you were quoted for a '13 X5, slightly over $1,000 over invoice, doesn't seem outrageous to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rexx08. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 X5 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 2013 X5 xDrive35i are .00190 and 59%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I believe that BMW FS provides a money factor reduction of .00007 for every additional security deposit paid.

BMW FS' base acquisition fee is $595.

BMW is not providing any cash incentives on the X5 in April, but it is scheduled to introduce its new May program some time tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
  • hopefallhopefall Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman,

Can please post the mf and 15k residuals for May for 35i, 35i Premium and 35D?

Thanks!
  • ftorresincftorresinc Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,

how are you? i've been reading your post for a while and doing some research on my own since I'm looking to lease a 2013 X5 Sport Activity for 3 years with 12k miles/year, I wanted to see if you could tell me the residuals and MF for this new month of May.

Also, I've been reading on this forum as of last month April the MF for the X5 was .0019, is that number consider for top tier credit ? 720 fico score and above correct???

Thank you
    Certainly hopefall. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium are .00190 and 59%.

The diesel numbers are .00185 and 56% (2012 model).

Car_man
    Host
    I'm doing well thanks for asking ftorresinc. I hope that you are good as well. Here's the information that you are looking for.

BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 base with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Yes that is the best available money factor on this truck right now. That's actually right around what BMW FS' best factors are on most models for some reason.

Car_man
    Host
    My dealer is now saying that the May dealer buy rate money factor went up to .00195. From what I have been reading here, that rate is what tier 1 credit customers typically pay. She insists that at the buy rate there is no profit to the dealer on lease. She also stated that when sold at invoice (not this dea--paid 1500 over) the dealer makes no profit (and actually loses money with prep and gas, etc.). My understanding is that this is not typically true but I want to know the facts and be fair in my discussions/negotiations.

Rather than reduce the markup on the money factor (I called it an interest rate and she corrected me that it is not since we are just basically renting the car), she suggested either paying multiple security deposits (which sounds to me like another way of saying "lend BMW a few thousand dollars for 3 years) or prepaying the entire lease (which doesn't seem like a great option---especially if it is just all of the payments upfront (rather than actually reducing payments by eliminating interest payments on the prepaid depreciation)).

Please let me know what is reasonable to ask for and if I am being told the truth by them.

Are there any non-captive options that are competitive?

Thanks
    find a new dealer. My dealer allowed me to finance at the buy rate, after another dealer told me no....
    Hard to do, I committed to buy the car before arranging financing. Lesson learned.

Bruce
    Hey raschroe. The money factor for the 2012 X5 is still .00190 in May for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. The number that you were told is incorrect. I wouldn't say that dealers make a killing on vehicles that or sold at invoice, or that they could even keep the doors open if they sold all of their vehicles at that price, but given the back-end money that is available from BMW I highly doubt that the dealer would lose money on a unit that was sold at invoice.

Making additional security deposits is an excellent way to buy down a vehicle's money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • lobster88lobster88 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Okay, so after total vehicle regret in trading in my old BMW SUV for a Honda SUV...it's been 3 months and I need to get back into a BMW. Since I like newer cars, I thought leasing would be a good option.

Here's the deal:

Vermillion Red
    Cinnamon Leather
    Premium PKG
    Sport PKG
    Technology PKG
    Cold Weather
    Runningboards

MSRP: 64,345
    Selling price 59,549

Trade for Honda: 26,500 (which is a rip off since it's 3 months old, but oh well.)

Residual: 56% off MSRP on 15k

Payment for 15k per year: w.$3500 down: $777
    W/$0 down, $885

Money Factor: .00190

I feel as though the price under MSRP isn't enough...and the selling price I'm told reflects the Eco Credit.

What do I need to ask for in negotiating? Ideally, I'd like to pay $0 down, and get the payment down to about $750 a month.

Should I ask for all fees, like acquisition, destination to be included?

Should I even mention holdbacks? I'm told the vehicle is being sold to me for $500 over dead cost...but I know there must be incentives.

Note: Is the Eco Credit something taken off of the selling price? :(
    what do you mean "committed"? If you didn't sign a sales contract, you didn't commit to squat..........And without the financing terms, you can't generate a sales contract.......
    I did sign a sales contract. I prefer to keep the components (price, trade, finance, etc.) of the "deal" separate so each can be negotiated on its own merits. Obviously this only works if financing is not essential.
    1500 over invoice is the high end of the range. It's not hard to find a dealer who will sell for $1k over invoice or less. If you didn't put a deposit on that sales contract, then it likely is not binding. if you can, walk away from that "deal". You can do better.

The thing about the X5 is that we are in the last year of production for the 2nd generation X5. Later this year, BMW will start offering heavy incentives as the 3rd generation approaches production. The current X5 is a 7 year old design and it will be yesterday's news in less than a year. Why pay a premium for an old model when it will soon sell at a discount?
  • mrjackcoffeemrjackcoffee Member Posts: 8
    Ok so thinking about BMW X5 lease. I love this site.

MSRP of my X5- $53,245. Got $49,590 price for car. At 15,000 miles and $4,000 down the lease payment is $687. The residual after three years is $30,350. Not sure of the money factor that you mention above but slightly above .00190 so the 'finance guys can get paid'.

I know you are not a fan of $4,000 down payment but getting this thru customs (wife) means low monthly price. Plus its rare for totaled car and stolen and that goes down of course the closer you get to end of lease so I will take that chance.

So outside of the downpayment- what are your thoughts here? THANKS!
    Hey mrjackcoffee. The selling price that you were quoted looks good. The .00190 money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW FS' current buy rate for this model, so the dealer is not marking your deal up any.

HA, I like the "getting this thru customs" comment. I completely understand ;).

Outside of the down payment this deal looks good.

Car_man
    Host
  • danno14danno14 Member Posts: 4
    Hi CarMan, I just started a build on a 2013 X5 35i Sport Activity from the dealer today and was wondering if I did it right. I added a few options like Convenience Pkg and Running boards to bring the MSRP to $62350 and ended up negotiating to this:
    Sale Price: $59000
    Down Payment: $2500
    Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: .60
    Length: 36 Mo @ 12K/yr
    Total Monthly Payment with Tax: $699.

Did I get it right CarMan? Thanks!

Just
  • misscollinsnycmisscollinsnyc Member Posts: 1
    I'm curious as I read these boards, why so many monthly lease payments on the X5 seem to be in the $700+ range. When I search using BMW's lease offers in the Santa Monica area, I see the below terms:

$569*/month for 36 months
    • $569 First months payment
    • $3,000 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $4,294 Cash due at signing

I'm sure this is a very generic offering to get people in-store, just want to be prepared in advance. Thanks for the help!
    I finalized my lease today by threatening to walk and was able to obtain this:

2013 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity with Conv Pkg and Running boards.
    MSRP: 62350
    Sale Price: 58370
    Documents and Acquistion fee: 75 +725
    Down Payment: 2800
    Money Factor: 0.00190
    Residual: 60%
    Length: 36 Mo @ 12K/yr
    Mileage fee: $0.15/mile
    Monthly Payment including tax: $680.40

Due on delivery (includes upfront charges): $6932.89

My only question is what exactly is the "upfront charges" because it is $3452.49?

Thanks to anyone who can respond!
    By the time you walk away with all the goodies added on it costs a whole lot more :)
  • jckearnyjckearny Member Posts: 1
    Please help, looking to lease a 2012 BMW x5 diesel. Need to know the money factor and residual rate for June. THANKS
  • srch4carsrch4car Member Posts: 3
    12k miles 58% and 0.00185. Same as May numbers.

Eco credit bumped to $4500.
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    Here's what you need to know. If the dealer is saying they are selling you the car for $500 over invoice then the eco credit needs to be applied to that price. Without taking into consideration taxes looking at the MSRP for that vehicle the invoice should be $58550. Lets say you give the dealer $1000 of profit, then your left off at $59550. You apply the eco credit of $4500 to that price, which brings your selling price to $55055. BMWFS 36k miles residual is 56% and MF of 0.00185. If you dont account for sales tax (since it varies by state/county) you should end up with a payment of $696/month.

As for drive off fees I'd usually pay the first month lease + any dealer fees+ lease inception fees. It really boils down to personal preference. It will only make ur monthly payment go higher so its up to you.

I suggest you walk away from this deal or make them agree to what I just suggested.
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    I totally agree with this analysis. But...... there are 0, zero, nada, no dealers where I live in NJ who will do a deal at that level. They literally laugh you out of the dealership.
  • mrfurious214mrfurious214 Member Posts: 11
    Went to Prestige BMW in Mahwah, NJ today and got the following offer. Would like to know if this is a good deal.

2012 X5 xDrive 35d
    Space Gray Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Sport Activity Package
    20" Light Alloy Y-spoke Wheels Style 214 with Performance Run-Flat Tires
    Navigation System
    Running Boards
    Destination & Handling
    MSRP $62,945
    Negotiated Price After Eco-Credit $53,625
    $2,000 Due at Signing
    Monthly price including taxes $745
    Sorry, I forgot to add that it is a 36 month lease at 15k per year.
    Ok, I have what I think is a great offer but want to confirm.

2012 X5 35d
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    20" Y-Spoke rims
    Running Boards
    Eco Credit $4,500
    Loyalty Credit $1,500
    MSRP $64,545
    36 months, 15,000 per year
    $2,000 due at signing
    Monthly payment including tax $680

Thoughts?

If I add multi contour seats (msrp $900), how much should my payment go up?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    If I add multi contour seats (msrp $900), how much should my payment go up?

About $10-$12/mo...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

For everyone who is planning to buy/lease a 2013 E70 X5, keep in mind that this is the last year of production before the 3rd generation X5 launches as a 2014 model next April/May. BMW always incentivizes the final production runs of a model before the next generation releases. So expect heavier lease and other incentives later this year, especially if combined with the annual end-of-year sales event (Nov 1 - January 3). It's something to think about if you have flexibility in the timing of your purchase.
  • yperryyperry Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm about to lease next week BMW X5 Premium 2013, 30 months Lease, 15K M Per year including the following packages:

Conv Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards

One lease payment: $28,065 (for 30 months)
    30 Payments: $908 each payment + $4,296 up front
    All above numbers including Taxes within NY

Is it a good deal? If not what will be good deal for the above package?

Your advise is much appreciated.
  • acetneracetner Member Posts: 22
    Just wondering if there is really a loyalty credit available for the 2013 X5. Some posts seem to mention it, most do not.

I am about to lease an X5 and currently have a 535xi. Just wondering if there is a credit I should be takin advantage of.

Thanks!
    edited June 2012
    BMW usually offers owner loyalty incentives through BMW finance from November 1st through January 3rd. Just be aware that it's not always beneficial to wait for the end of year sales event. BMW offers more incentives during that period, but they often decrease the residuals by a percent or two to offset the incentives.

If you were a member of the BMW car club, you would be eligible to receive a $1,000 check for that new X5.
This discussion has been closed.