Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in BMW
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW X5 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds BMW X5 page.

To see all forums discussions about the BMW X5 , including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW X5 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    Does anyone know what the residual percentage and money factor are for a 2014 x5 for 36m/10k?
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    MF .00125 and 58% for 36mo 15k miles
    Thanks for your response. Could you please just tell me what the residual is for 10K per year. I know you said 58% for 15K.
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    add 2% for 12k and 3% for 10k
  • 2011truck2011truck Member Posts: 5
    Can you please provide the MF and Resid for a 2014 X5 3.0 and 15 K per year, for both 36 and 42 month leases? Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    2014 X5 3.0 36mo, 15K/yr lease (assuming AWD)
    .00125 MF and 58% residual.. 42 mo. residual is 53%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was quoted a MF of .0015 which I guess is a marked up rate. What kind of discount off msrp should I be able to get on a 2014 X5 3.0?
    Do you know what the residual is for a 36m/10k lease on a 2014 X53.0
    "Do you know what the residual is for a 36m/10k lease on a 2014 X53.0"

61%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• al838al838 Member Posts: 9
    My X5 xDrive35i optino is Base MSRP $55,100 Driver Assistance Package /Lighting Package/ Luxury Line/20" Light alloy Y-Spoke wheels style 451-with performance run-flat tires/Premium Package/Aluminum running boards/Surround View/Destination & Handling/Total MSRP $65,825 10K miles/ year with $1500 down.

What's the invoice price will be? Please also let me know what's the lease Money factor/residual value for now and if it's worthy to wait till winter sale event? Thanks.
    2014 X5 35i AWD 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 61% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

HI Kyfdx,

Thanks.
    Can I use this MF and residual to order the car? because the dealer told me there is no 2014 car in the market at this moment.

BRs,

Andy
    BMW will let you "lock in" the current rates for up to 60 days from the end of the current program.. So, if you ordered today, your rate lock should be good until the end of December (which should be plenty of time for an X5).

Of course, before you order, you still have to negotiate and make sure your dealer agrees to use the base rate, and not mark it up..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx,

Is there any incentive or any credit i can apply, if i currently have one MB and BMW can provide some competitors credit or sth? I knew they used to have about $1500 credit if you drive luxury car but don't know if they still have that or not.
    I don't see any incentives on the 2014 X5 at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mini2012mini2012 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Guys

I am looking into leasing a 2014 X5 in the MA state. I was wondering if anyone could share their recent experiences and leasing details. Are there any incentives on this model and will the dealers budge at all ?
    Also how much can I negotiate on a 2013 X5 model. If I can get a good deal on 2013 then I will probable lease a 2013 model.

Thank you and hoping to get some helpful suggestions.
  • garylamusagarylamusa Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2013
    Hello host,
    Please kindly provide 2014 x5 i6 awd north east residual and MF for terms below. Your insight is highly appreciated.

12k 36mths
    12k 42mths
    15k 36mths
    15k 42mths

Thanks,
    Gary
    2014 X5 3.5 AWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 58% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr

42 month residuals are 53% and 55%

regards,
    kydfx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2013
    Hi all,
    Is this good deal?

Price $59730
    42 months
    12k per year
    0 down
    1st month and fees when pickup
    $703 per month + tax

Vehicle: 2014 BMW X5
    Style: xDrive35i

Selected Options:
    Glacier Silver Metallic (A83)
    Poplar Wood Trim (4AC)
    Rear Manual Side Window Shades (417)
    Cold Weather Package (ZCW)
    Premium Package (ZPP)
    Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
    Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB)
    Parking Assistant (5DP)

Thanks for your insight.
    It appears to be a very good deal. What is the msrp? It appears to be around 65,900. If that is the case, you would be getting around 6000 off msrp. Please let me know what msrp is.
  • ny2cany2ca Member Posts: 9
    It sounds like you are pondering a "basic" (not a Luxury, X, or M - line;) Park Assistant (and I assume Glacier Silver) are a Dec option. Assuming your MSRP is ~$63900 - it is a decent deal assuming the above and MF is .00125 and residual is around 55%.
  • tomc20tomc20 Member Posts: 3
    2014 Packages
    A96 - Mineral White Metallic
    ZLL - Luxury Line
    ZCW - Cold Weather
    ZDA - Driver Assistant Pkg Incl Backup Camera and Heads Up Disp
    ZPP - Premium Pkg
    Total MSRP - 62925.00

Lease - 12K Miles
    Total Cost of Lease Down + Monthly including Tax / Fees / License / 5K Lease end Damage Protection. $27,000.00.

I put 6K down and got a $577/Month Payment

2013 - X5 Lease offer I got but went with 2014
    Premium, Cold Weather, Convenience, Running Board, Harmon Premium Sound - 12 K Miles
    $659/Month Including Tax, Title, Reg - 0 Down. Just 1st month Payment

Dealer was JMK BMW in Springfield NJ
    Talk to VP -- Great Sales guy.
    MSRP $63,875
    final price $59960
    $3915 off MSRP.

Acquisition fee $925 (I know $725 but didn't negotiate)
    If you have not bought the car and assuming it is 2013... You can do a lot better..

You should expect to pay Invoice minus at least $2000. For the car MSRP you are buying Invoice will be approx $59340.00. BMW is doing the Build Out cash credit which should be taken off from Invoice -- so bringing that to 57340. If you already have a BMW then you get another 1000. So you should be negotiating down to $55k to $56k. There should be other things like Drive event. So, I have seen people quote even lower for 2013 models. Depends on which location and how much is the competition.
    It is 2014 and I don't own BMW currently.
    Truecar says invoice is $59,360.
    Is $600 over invoice OK for 2014 model?

Your insight is highly appreciated.
    It is a good deal, the best you have gotten or will get is another $300 more that too after haggling and you risk missing opportunity of somebody else buying the car. I leased 2014 2 days ago. MSRP $62925. Invoice. $ about 57990.00 and they priced it at 58295 about 300 above invoice. If you have not bought the car ask them to knock off another 300. If they will not , ask them to throw in some extra goodies such as all season mats (your car comes with regular mats) and nice BMW keychains for each of your keys - the BMW branded keychains are really nice and cost about $75 each.

If you already bought it -- then don't worry about it -- you did good. couple of 100s here and there does not matter on such an expensive car. Especially 2014s are hard to have in stock -- given that it just got released. My dealer sold all the 2014 in one weekend. So just enjoy the car.
  • mini2012mini2012 Member Posts: 9
    Hi can you let me know which dealer gave you this deal. I went to a dealer ship today and the dealer was only willing to give me 2200 off a car with a MSRP of 62695.

Thank you.
    I went to truecar.com to get the lowest quote. I figured $4000 off MSRP ($600 over invoice) is reasonable so took it to my local dealership and they price matched. My car will be here before year end. If you want it now may be difficult to negotiate because of low inventory since this car is new.
    HI Garylamusa,

I tried to use mentioned website and see what's the price i can get but it didn't reflect the price you listed before. Can you let me know what's the dealer that you bought the car because I went to the dealer yesterday they asked me to show the written proven the price is real from other dealers.
    Can you help me on this?
  • suznsaxsuznsax Member Posts: 13
    I just got a call from the dealer saying that I can order the 2014 diesel. Are the residuals the same for the diesel? Does anyone have any data to share re: discounts/pricing? Thanks
    No lease numbers out, yet...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi Car Man
    What are Nov lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 3.5 AWD
    10k and 12K?
    thx
    2014 X5 3.5 AWD 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 60% residual. Add 1% for 10K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• feliksnyfeliksny Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide November lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?
    Also, do rates change with different trims?

Thank you!
    2014 X5 5.0 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 61% residual

Generally, numbers are different for different models (engine, AWD, etc..), but not for packages.. However, this month, all 2014 X5 models have the same lease numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• texcbtexcb Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. Could you also please provide the MF and residuals for a 36mo, 15k/yr lease? Specifically looking for 2014 X5 3.0 xdrive.

Thank you
    There is no 3.0

Do you want 5.0 or 3.5? Or, 3.5 Diesel?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• texcbtexcb Member Posts: 2
    I meant the xDrive 35i, which is the 3.5.

Thanks
    2014 X5 xDrive 3.5 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 58% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• livingrichlylivingrichly Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me make a decision. My 2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium with tech and winter package lease is up in March and I'm torn between keeping the car or selling/trading in for a new 2014 x5. A few months back, my residual was a few thousand below market price but now it seems about even.
    Anyone have a suggestion?

Details:

Lease up in March 2014 with residual value of $34,900.
    Dec 2012 Lease Payoff $38,900.

Options I can think of:
    Keep the car--Lease end buyout for $34,900
    Buy the car and sell it to a private party
    Negotiate for a 2014 x5 using my lease end residual

Thanks in advance!
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    When you factor in maintenance, warranty and all that jazz it is usually cheaper to get a new one. I was going to buy out my E92 328x drive but when I favored in 3k for a warranty to 100k and figured minimum 1k for maintenance (I had not yet replaced the brakes) it was cheaper to lease a new 5 series.
  • livingrichlylivingrichly Member Posts: 2
    Warranty coverage renewals are worrying me too. What did you do with your e92? Just returned it or made some type of deal?
    I would be inclined to lease a new one, as well.... but, what's the rush? The new X5 is in pretty high demand, right now.. I'd wait until closer to lease end, and hopefully, better deals will be there to be had...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    You can also make them an offer, when returning your car. A few years back I offered them $2000 less than the residual and they went for it. It took a few dealers, but it was worth it. They certified my X5, put 4 new tires on it and detailed it. They did what they would do if they were going to sell it, which is what they did with a pre set buyer, me :) Try it out and tell them it would be easy for them, they don't have to have the car sit on their lot etc etc.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013
    returned 3 mo early w bmw eating the last 3 payments. Pull ahead program.
  • feliksnyfeliksny Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide December lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?
    I hope they are better then Nov ones!

Thank you!
    The numbers have not changed from November..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    are diesel #'s out yet?
    Sorry my question was a bit short.

Are there 2014 diesel #'s out yet? if so can you share the 36 month residual? Assuming the MF is .00125?

Can you also share the 2013 #'s for the diesel? Also, does the 2013 still have the eco-credit available? Any option credits? For some reason BMW has pulled 2013 info off their website just for the X5 (they left 3 and 5 series stuff up there)

thank you!!
    2014 X5 35diesel 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 58% residual
    $1000 lease loyalty

I don't have any 2013 model information for this month.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thank you sir
This discussion has been closed.